[YDF] Yugioh Designer Format - Phase 3 - Set 1 Card Creation

-Griffin

On Benev': Does card effect means Spell/Trap or monsters too? Either way still think it is going to be powerful this format because of the amount of cards that increase our LP.

Clockwork can be a pain in the ass but I can see Decks using him as a boss, and I want to see that. Accept

Why Judas? Is he betraying some one? lol Accept

Question: can the creators send the art of the cards or is up to you? Because I have the arts for the cards I submitted and can provide to other cards too. So as the wording check, if needed, I have free time.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benev works on any source of LP gain, yes. It was designed before we had quite this many LP gains so I think it's fine to drop it now.

Judas Dragon is betraying the card you tribute! Do you think it'd be better if he destroyed it instead of tributing it?

Anyone can submit the card art - honestly, I don't mind if it's a 30 second piece of trash from MS Paint, it just has to make it easier to recognize without hovering over it for a card name during a duel. Cool art is still appreciated, of course. 

Ok, I don't have that much time now but I did 2 arts, and they quite epic and match their names and effect, IMO (Even thought I changed the name of Green Rose Venom's Dagger to Venom's Saber to match with the image. Was that ok?)

[spoiler=Blue Rose and Green Rose]

mhpqoQH.jpgw0pCjyq.jpg

Arts:

774487266.png775287050.png

[/spoiler]

And yes, about Judas. Destroying a "friend" seems more betraying to me than tributing it. 

Not sure what form the programs will expect the images in, so can you also post the images without the rest of the card? Saves going back to crop them later.

Yeah, I'm happy for name changes to get decent art. In some cases, attribute/type changes might be fine, especially considering some aren't supported yet.

Judas Dragon
DARK/Dragon/Effect/Level 5
1900/1900
During either player's turn, you can Special Summon this monster by destroying a non-token monster you control. If it was a Dragon, this card gains 400 ATK.

Card Suggestion:

Greater Lightning Elemental

WIND/Lightning/Effect/Level 8

3000/0

Once per turn if this card's battle position would be changed; it is not. Immune to Sunder. Double all Sunder effects.

Card Suggestion:

Medium Lightning Elemental

WIND/Lightning/Effect/Level 6

2400/0

Once per turn if this card would be Sundered; it is not. Once per turn: you can Sunder 1 monster by 600.

Seriously, I was about to do a LIGHT support monster with almost the same effect as Greater Lightning Elemental. Both of them are Accept.

I actually did that monster I mentioned, but was waiting for some more replies in here so I could suggest more. Anyway, here it is

Card Suggestion:

Sunderwitch

LIGHT/Level 4/Thunder

LIGHT monsters are unaffected by Sunder. Sunder effect of LIGHT monsters will always be 1000.

ATK/ 1600 DEF/ 1600

A little pun doesn't hurt anyone.

[spoiler=Art]294478266.png[/spoiler]

EDIT: Also added just the arts of Blue and Green rose on their topic.

I'm not really comfortable with making Sunder-immune cards even before the new mechanic is properly tested. That's as if Konami had included cards immune to destruction in its first pack and, if I remember correctly, they didn't. In my opinion we should save these cards for later and evaluate first the impact of the "sunder" mechanic in the format.

Anyways:

Judas Dragon

Looks fine but I'm not a fan of its name and reference. I don't like including religious references in card making. Also, I assume the Special Summon is from the hand, is that correct?

I will Accept it but if you could rename it, it would be nice.

Greater Lightning Elemental

I don't like this. It just says "no" to most of the removal methods in this newborn format. I think it's too soon to get cards like this. Also, normally I consider that the limit of effects a card can have is 3, but that's in TCG; in YDF, I don't think any card has more than 2 effects so far, so making a card with 3 may be pushing it a bit too far, at least at this initial stage of format.

That aside, "immune" is not a word used in OCG, so how about using "this card cannot be sundered" instead? Similar to the text used in cards that cannot be banished.

Medium Lightning Elemental

This one looks solid, though. immune to Sunder, and an OPT Sunder. Accepting it.

Sunderwitch

Another card that counters the recently introduced "sunder" mechanic. Again, I think we should reserve these kinds of cards for later stages of the format.

You do have a point that I must agree. Maybe lower the power of these monsters unaffected by Sunder to "Cannot be destroyed by Sunder", instead of just being immune to them. This way Greater Elemental will be easier to run over using Sunder, but it won't be destroyed since its DEF is already 0. And Sunderwitch can have a OPT clause or just being immune to destroying like Greater Elemental.

Editing the effect of Sunderwitch, V2:

Card Suggestion:

Sunderwitch

LIGHT/Level 4/Thunder

LIGHT monsters cannot be destroyed the effect of Sunder. Sunder effect of LIGHT monsters will always be 1000.

ATK/ 1600 DEF/ 1600

Also found more arts for the cards.

[spoiler=Arts]

Devil's Contract

525074081.jpg

Even thought these were not accepted yet (except by me), here are the image of the Elementals, Greater and Medium, respectively:

205941654.png892678016.png

Solitary Dragon

613370171.jpg

Possessed Dark Prince and Asmodeus

471305189.jpg536791411.jpg

Nightmare Daemon

676913218.png

[/spoiler]

I've made hundreds of cards and posted nearly all of them on here. Look up my name and see any of my works I get generally good reviews. I always have really cool takes on current cards and throw out some nifty deck ideas. I prefer making balanced 4-5 card archetypes rather than singles, and I imagine that having some fairly balanced cards with a bit of synergy could be useful for your remake.

Archtypes will probably be introduced in the third set, could be 2nd or 4th depending on how people feel. 

If you want to fill in some of the remaining card requirements or join the upcoming card contests, that's the best way to contribute. If you want to make a small 'set', LIGHT Support has several empty spots. 

Card Suggestion #39

Blinding Light

Field Spell

Once per turn: You can send 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, and if you do, all LIGHT monsters you control gain 400 ATK. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard: Gain 500 LP for each LIGHT monster you control. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Graveyard.

Is it a bit too much, or is the effect just the right size?

Anyone can submit the card art - honestly, I don't mind if it's a 30 second piece of trash from MS Paint, it just has to make it easier to recognize without hovering over it for a card name during a duel. Cool art is still appreciated, of course.

[spoiler=OH REALLY?]sb0CpHM.png[/spoiler]
In all seriousness, actual art.
[spoiler=Art]
[spoiler=Vishap]
Touched a pic up with a crude background, but the actual monster looks good.
xBA2MZn.jpg

Source-http://meetyourmonster.de/doku.php/monster/vishap/vishap

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Drillmaster Xanian]

WDTdpTf.jpg

Source-http://kailyze.deviantart.com/art/Lord-commander-441848510

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rallying Horn]

JbwzhcT.jpg

Source-http://www.christianmanhood.com/real_men/Reluctant_Warrior.html

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Experimental Wormhole Orb]

KUhFFE9.jpg

http://maccy-f.deviantart.com/art/Orb-of-Magic-343839838

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Wyvern Lich Lord has a powerful effect in form of +1 with no drawbacks at all, but by being a Level 8 monster it kinda balances him. Maybe make it "Cannot be Special Summoned. Can only be Tribute Summoned by Tributing Dragon or Zombie-Type monsters." And make the Dragons summoned from Grave become Zombies, this way they don't get the support from the Dragons, but can gain Zombie support.
Violent Swarm I saw it early when it was SS 5 tokens, but even with SS only 2 it still strong to me. The Sunder is permanent, too high and it is easily summoned. Make it can only be summoned by tributing insects or unable to summon other monsters while you have a Token on the field. The others are Accepted.

I have added an only one restriction, so there is no way to allow you to lich lord into another copy. I have also added the specail summon restrict. Not sure on the point of restricting a card that is at it's strongest in dragon/zombie decks to dragon/zombie decks. Also added revial as zombies as I like the flavor and dragon do seems like the can abuse easy acess to large monsters(though we are yet to see what zombies can do:)). I assume this way, this would overright multi-gene. I also add a condition to prevent any loops. I believe the ways it's worded, it will apply even if the lich lord leaves and is resummoned.

Wyvern Lich Lord
Dark Zombie Lvl 8
2400 Atk 3000 Def
You can only control 1 face-up "Wyvern Lich Lord" This card cannot be special summoned. This card is always treated as a Dragon-Type monster. You can Normal Summon Dragon and Zombie Type Monsters from your graveyard. Monsters summoned by this effect are treated as zombies instead of their origianl type and cannot be any treated as any other type though effects. You may only normal summon a monster with this effect once each turn.

Swarm is Restricted in summoning now. Also name change.

Toxic Swarm

Earth Insect Lvl 6

1000 Atk 1000 Def

Cannot be Special Summoned. Cannot be Tribute summoned except by tributing Insect-type monsters.

This card cannot be used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon.

You take no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack.

When this card is Normal Summoned. Special Summon up to 2 "Swarm Tokens" (Insect-Type/Earth/Level 5/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). They have "This card cannot used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon. You takes no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack."

I added Judas Dragon, renamed to Apostate Dragon.

Card Suggestion #39
Blinding Light
Field Spell
Once per turn: You can send 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, and if you do, all LIGHT monsters you control gain 400 ATK. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard: Gain 500 LP for each LIGHT monster you control. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Graveyard.

Is it a bit too much, or is the effect just the right size?

I like Field Spells to be more symmetric, this feels like it might as well be a continuous spell with a control 1 clause.

Pretending it is one aiming for the light support spell slot: I think it's doing a bit much. It can, in one turn, give a respectable ATK boost to your field, heal you up, and still Summon something that could be respectably bulky - which you just searched from your Deck if you want - just imagine how much better this would be than drawing a Level 4 or lower LIGHT - any of them, since it gets them from the Deck or Grave, effectively. 

I have added an only one restriction, so there is no way to allow you to lich lord into another copy. I have also added the specail summon restrict. Not sure on the point of restricting a card that is at it's strongest in dragon/zombie decks to dragon/zombie decks. Also added revial as zombies as I like the flavor and dragon do seems like the can abuse easy acess to large monsters(though we are yet to see what zombies can do:)). I assume this way, this would overright multi-gene. I also add a condition to prevent any loops. I believe the ways it's worded, it will apply even if the lich lord leaves and is resummoned.

Wyvern Lich Lord
Dark Zombie Lvl 8
2400 Atk 3000 Def
You can only control 1 face-up "Wyvern Lich Lord". This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card is always also treated as a Dragon. You can Normal Summon monsters from your Graveyard. Monsters summoned by this effect are treated as Zombies instead of their original type and cannot be any treated as any other type though effects. You can only Normal Summon a monster with the effect of "Wyvern Lich Lord" once per turn. 

Tried to fix the wording slightly; I'm no expert but I think it reads a bit better now. I also let it Normal Summon any type of monster, because compare it to The Creator. Not requiring a discard, compared to using your Normal Summon for the turn and requiring tributes for big guys. I think that's fairly even. How does this work if you try to Normal Summon an XYZ, Synchro, Fusion? Can it? I'd accept this if you're happy with the changes.

Swarm is Restricted in summoning now. Also name change.

Toxic Swarm
Earth Insect Lvl 6
1000 Atk 1000 DefCard Suggestion:
Cannot be Special Summoned. Cannot be Tribute summoned except by tributing Insect-type monsters.
This card cannot be used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon.
You take no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack.
When this card is Normal Summoned. Special Summon up to 2 "Swarm Tokens" (Insect-Type/Earth/Level 5/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). They have "This card cannot used as Material for a Tribute,Synchro or Ritual Summon. You takes no battle damage from battles involving this card. When this card battles an opponent's monsters, Sunder that monster equal to this card's current attack."

I'm iffy on this one. We have what, 4 or 5 Insects? That's not enough for cards that require them. I don't think it really needed the restriction, honestly. Maybe make the tokens it summons level 3 or 4 so they're easier to remove? This is a card whose power level is really hard to judge.

I'm gonna try the Rank 6, since that's one of the biggest bosses in the set so it could be fun:

Card Suggestion:
Achaekek - The Red Mantis
DARK/Insect/XYZ/Rank 6
2800/2000
2 Level 6 Monsters
During either player's turn if this card has at least 2 XYZ Materials, you can activate a Trap from your Graveyard. The Trap is then banished and all XYZ Materials are detached from this card. You can only activate a trap with the effect of "Achaekek - The Red Mantis" once per turn.

Note the first effect is continuous. You activate the trap as part of the chain, and the materials/banishing happen when the trap resolves.

Reworked the elementals and also reordered their names, for the sake of future support.

Card Suggestion:

Lightning Elemental, Greater
WIND/Thunder/Effect/Level 8
3000/0
Once per turn if this card's battle position would be changed; it is not. Cannot be destroyed by Sunder. Double all Sunder effects.

Card Suggestion:

Lightning Elemental, Large
WIND/Thunder/Effect/Level 6
2400/0
Once per turn if this card would be destroyed by Sunder; it is not. Once per turn: you can Sunder 1 monster by 700.

(I'm planning on expanding the 'Elemental' set later, to include Elemental, Medium and Elemental, Small, and to cover Lightning, Ice, Fire, Wind, Water, Earth, maybe later expand into others. Eventually there would be some support cards to 'grow' the elementals, probably in the third set as one of the early archtypes.)

Card Suggestion:

Spell to support Dragons:

Dragon's Cunning
Normal Spell
Activate while your opponent controls 2 or more monsters, you control exactly 1 monster, and that monster is a Dragon. Until the next End Phase: that monster cannot be targeted by card effects, and if it would be destroyed, return it to your hand. If you control that monster during your next Standby Phase, draw 1 card.

So, this can make a Dragon a real problem to deal with for a turn, and also poses both players with an interesting problem: If they kill the dragon, they might have had to invest something and you still get to play it again, but if they don't then you draw a card. It's pretty much always a delayed +0 which gives a single Dragon some nice protection for a turn.

I like Field Spells to be more symmetric, this feels like it might as well be a continuous spell with a control 1 clause.

Pretending it is one aiming for the light support spell slot: I think it's doing a bit much. It can, in one turn, give a respectable ATK boost to your field, heal you up, and still Summon something that could be respectably bulky - which you just searched from your Deck if you want - just imagine how much better this would be than drawing a Level 4 or lower LIGHT - any of them, since it gets them from the Deck or Grave, effectively.

Thought I might have been overdoing it.

Should I make it only able to send a LIGHT and raise ATK OR send it to the graveyard?

If you don't understand that it would go like this:

Blinding Light

Field Spell

You can only use the 1 OR 2 effect of this card each turn, and only once that turn.

1. Once per turn: You can send 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, and if you do, all LIGHT monsters you control gain 400 ATK.

2. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard: Gain 500 LP for each LIGHT monster you control.

When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Graveyard.

That still probably won't make sense because the wording is so awkward, but that is my suggestion to fix this.

At Pond of Wishes: Griffin already did a non-restriction Quick-Play Spell Card that adds ANY Fairy from your Deck and I kinda disliked it, this one is following the same pattern. With that many supports that make you gain LP, this card is on the edge of being broken. Chef's effect make you gain 2000 LP and most of the Fairy I've seen here have a very low DEF, guarantying you almost every Fairy on this Set to you hand, not only 1 but 2. And you still gain LP if the combined DEF of them are lower than 2000. Not even one drawback with a too much powerful effect. It is also a Counter Trap, which doesn't make too much sense since gaining LP shouldn't be a thing you want to Counter, and by being Counter only another one could negate it.

At the other ones I don't see any problem, and kinda liked Kuribee, it has the essence of Kuri monsters. Accept

Cheff is a Tribute Summon monster and the rest of the cards don't gain nearly as many LP.

Also, the requirement of gaining LP by itself is jumping through hoops by requiring combo pieces to be used to begin with. Not to mention that at least 1 of these Fairy-Types I made have -1 effects in exchange for their LP plus. It is still more tame than the Spell that Tributes a monster to search up 3 Insects from the Deck to the field, and I didn't hear anyone else complain about that one with a more generic condition the almost full week it was in its acceptance process. It is a Counter Trap because otherwise it would not be able to activate during the damage step because Kuribee was a suggestion. At least not without some more wording. It was initially a Quick play but I thought that'd made it too versatile.

That was my line of thought when making it.
I'm behind in like 2 or 3 pages of posts because school so I have no idea if these have been adressed in any other way.

Card Suggestion

Espionage

Normal Spell

Give control of 1 monster to your opponent. Gain LP equal to its ATK.. That monster cannot be tributed or used as material for the summon of a monster, until your opponent's 2nd End Phase after activation.

Bizarre Bazaar

Normal Spell Card

Activate when each player controls at least 1 monster. Both players select 1 Monster in their opponent's Graveyards (opponent chooses first), and Special Summon them to their side of the field. The player that summoned the monster with greater ATK must give control of 1 monster they control (except the summoned monster).

Err this one is gonna be hard to reply since the quote inside the quote that you wrote about my cards doesn't show when I quote.... Let's see......

Guardeer:
You are completely right on that one. I made it like that with the idea that it'd be a Summoning condition much like BLSs, but since it does intercept effects in order to happen it should be an effect. I'll re-word that in a bit.

The effect takes away some of the LP gain not because it'd be broken if it was free, but because umm... my line of thought is a bit long:
By far the most common way of winning a Duel is by depleting all opponent's LP, so a mechanic whose goal is to gain them is divided into 2 factions: Your opponent is overwhelmed by how much LP you gain OR your opponent finds a way to win. When it comes to deck-out or +LP strategies, there is never an in-between close exchange, and protecting LP usually causes decks of this nature to just lean on stall and either burn as you heal (Fire Princess and the such) or gain so much that your opponent can never deplete them before they deck out (I've gone to 200,000+ LP with Pikeru decks back in the GX era and my opponent finding a way to get rid of my whole field and attack me directly with triple Blue-Eyes + Ultimate with Megamorph + Shining Dragon every turn for the rest of the duel wasn't enough). 

That said, I thought maybe +LP could be made into cards that either:
A ) Would act towards the normal goals of the typical aggressive decks out there with the heal just being a little extra bonus.
or
B ) Making effects slightly above average in exchange of missing out on gaining so many LP, essentially having the deck function as your typical deck but with that as a fuel (that might still save you with the extra LP if you really had nothing else in a pinch). It also means that you could keep the deck working without leaning on the approach that the IRL TCG did (with cards along the lines of "If your LP is extremely high you can have this 8000 + ATK monster easily out or draw a bunch of cards). 

Realistically speaking, if cards required your LP to consistently be above starting LP, that pretty much means that your deck needs to be terribly overwhelming to function, so yeah....

If B was to be made, I basically was worried that a single +LP effect could just have a bunch of cards feed off of it. This way you can only use so much of your LP gain after that LP gain cannot pay for other moves, and in theory this should mean cards like that Tribute monster that gains 2000 LP upon Tribute Summon, be a more worthwhile and meaningful play.

Though maybe I could be overthinking all this xD
If everyone says Guardeer could get away with being free an leaving the LP gain be used up on something else, I can modify that as well n.n

Blazing Haze Fairy:
*facepalms* How did I miss that? xD
Thank you, will modify.

Pond of Wishes:
Now that you mention it, it does need a more clear timing (although I think it won't made it into the set anyways xD )
but some of the cards don't determine that they'll gain LP upon activation so it might hurt some of its use or make things complicated... I'll think up of a way 
I was originally thinking maybe it could be worded in a way to work similarly to how Counter Fairies work that activate in weird timings responding to spell speed 3 effects even when chained to one another... though that's hard when the card itself doesn't stay face-up to take advantage of this... Maybe I could add a little bit more text to specify damage step usage being allowed and then make it into a Continuous Trap, which would also gain an extra way to counter it (quick destruction). I'll see if I can pull that off...

Espionage

Normal Spell
Give control of 1 monster to your opponent. Gain LP equal to its ATK.. That monster cannot be tributed or used as material for the summon of a monster, until your opponent's 2nd End Phase after activation.

Not a fan of this; it feels like anything that would run it would be really gimmicky and a bit annoying to play against.

It's supposed to be used with your roses etc. Doesn't have to be gimmicky or annoying, just providing an alternate way to win. What would you suggest?

Bizarre Bazaar
Normal Spell Card
Activate when each player controls at least 1 monster. Both players select 1 Monster in their opponent's Graveyards (opponent chooses first), and Special Summon them to their side of the field. The player that summoned the monster with greater ATK must give control of 1 monster they control (except the summoned monster).

Trying to figure out how this would play hurts my head. I think the best use is if the lowest ATK in your Grave is lower than the lowest in theirs, but the highest in yours is not more scary than the highest on their field, and they only control 1 monster, so you grab control of it, or you have a weak monster and they have something strong in their Grave while you don't. Between choosing the activation timing and your opponent picking first, I think this has just too good best-case scenarios, especially since it has no downsides for the turn.

Okay, scratch it. Trying to come up with a creature swap clone.

Card Suggestion:
Achaekek - The Red Mantis
DARK/Insect/XYZ/Rank 6
2800/2000
2 Level 6 Monsters
During either player's turn if this card has at least 2 XYZ Materials, you can activate a Trap from your Graveyard. The Trap is then banished and all XYZ Materials are detached from this card. You can only activate a trap with the effect of "Achaekek - The Red Mantis" once per turn.

It looks fun. The ATK is a bit high but for this game, Level 6s will be harder to summon / make. ACCEPT

Card Suggestion:

Lightning Elemental, Greater
WIND/Lightning/Effect/Level 8
3000/0
Once per turn if this card's battle position would be changed; it is not. Cannot be destroyed by Sunder. Double all Sunder effects.

ACCEPT (Lightning? Is that our new thunder?)

Card Suggestion:

Lightning Elemental, Large
WIND/Lightning/Effect/Level 6
2400/0
Once per turn if this card would be destroyed by Sunder; it is not. Once per turn: you can Sunder 1 monster by 700.

ACCEPT

Card Suggestion:

Spell to support Dragons:

Dragon's Cunning
Normal Spell
Activate while your opponent controls 2 or more monsters, you control exactly 1 monster, and that monster is a Dragon. Until the next End Phase: that monster cannot be targeted by card effects, and if it would be destroyed, return it to your hand. If you control that monster during your next Standby Phase, draw 1 card.

ACCEPT

Thought I might have been overdoing it.

Should I make it only able to send a LIGHT and raise ATK OR send it to the graveyard?

If you don't understand that it would go like this:

Blinding Light

Field Spell

You can only use the 1 OR 2 effect of this card each turn, and only once that turn.

1. Once per turn: You can send 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, and if you do, all LIGHT monsters you control gain 400 ATK.

2. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard: Gain 500 LP for each LIGHT monster you control.

When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Graveyard.

That still probably won't make sense because the wording is so awkward, but that is my suggestion to fix this.

Just for the Underlined portion I have to REJECT it. It's a reusable foolish burial. Even if you took out all the other effects, that one breaks it.

Err this one is gonna be hard to reply since the quote inside the quote that you wrote about my cards doesn't show when I quote.... Let's see......

Guardeer:
You are completely right on that one. I made it like that with the idea that it'd be a Summoning condition much like BLSs, but since it does intercept effects in order to happen it should be an effect. I'll re-word that in a bit.

The effect takes away some of the LP gain not because it'd be broken if it was free, but because umm... my line of thought is a bit long:
By far the most common way of winning a Duel is by depleting all opponent's LP, so a mechanic whose goal is to gain them is divided into 2 factions: Your opponent is overwhelmed by how much LP you gain OR your opponent finds a way to win. When it comes to deck-out or +LP strategies, there is never an in-between close exchange, and protecting LP usually causes decks of this nature to just lean on stall and either burn as you heal (Fire Princess and the such) or gain so much that your opponent can never deplete them before they deck out (I've gone to 200,000+ LP with Pikeru decks back in the GX era and my opponent finding a way to get rid of my whole field and attack me directly with triple Blue-Eyes + Ultimate with Megamorph + Shining Dragon every turn for the rest of the duel wasn't enough). 

That said, I thought maybe +LP could be made into cards that either:
A ) Would act towards the normal goals of the typical aggressive decks out there with the heal just being a little extra bonus.
or
B ) Making effects slightly above average in exchange of missing out on gaining so many LP, essentially having the deck function as your typical deck but with that as a fuel (that might still save you with the extra LP if you really had nothing else in a pinch). It also means that you could keep the deck working without leaning on the approach that the IRL TCG did (with cards along the lines of "If your LP is extremely high you can have this 8000 + ATK monster easily out or draw a bunch of cards). 

Realistically speaking, if cards required your LP to consistently be above starting LP, that pretty much means that your deck needs to be terribly overwhelming to function, so yeah....

If B was to be made, I basically was worried that a single +LP effect could just have a bunch of cards feed off of it. This way you can only use so much of your LP gain after that LP gain cannot pay for other moves, and in theory this should mean cards like that Tribute monster that gains 2000 LP upon Tribute Summon, be a more worthwhile and meaningful play.

Though maybe I could be overthinking all this xD
If everyone says Guardeer could get away with being free an leaving the LP gain be used up on something else, I can modify that as well n.n

I like your B ) Scenario better. That said, I don't think this is an 'above average' effect :P

I've always wanted to try using heal alongside with powerful but expensive effects ("Pay 5000 Life Points: Destroy all cards on the field" or something)

So, having a shot at the LIGHT support monster:

Card Suggestion:

Soul of the Blazing Light
LIGHT/Pyro/Effect/Level 4
1700/1000
Face-up LIGHT monsters are treated as 1 level higher. Gains 100 ATK for each other LIGHT monster you control.

It gives LIGHT monsters a solid beater for a L4 and also some new XYZ possibilities.

EDIT: Also going to be greedy and target one of those last 'any' spots. We currently have minimal way to interact with your opponent's Spell/Traps, so this is my attempt to fix that:

Card Suggestion:

Cryogenic Data Preservation
Continuous Trap
Negate the activation of a Spell. It's effect is negated and it remains face-up while this card is face-up. When this card is destroyed, that card's effect resolves if possible.

(When the effect resolves, it is sent to the Grave if that makes sense. Stumbling would not be, Dark World Dealings would be.)

So, having a shot at the LIGHT support monster:

Card Suggestion:

Soul of the Blazing Light
LIGHT/Pyro/Effect/Level 4
1700/1000
Face-up LIGHT monsters are treated as 1 level higher. Gains 100 ATK for each other LIGHT monster you control.

It gives LIGHT monsters a solid beater for a L4 and also some new XYZ possibilities. 

While this couldn't exist in the TCG solely off of Constellar Pleiades,  we don't have that here so I'll be ACCEPTing

EDIT: Also going to be greedy and target one of those last 'any' spots. We currently have minimal way to interact with your opponent's Spell/Traps, so this is my attempt to fix that:

Card Suggestion:

Cryogenic Data Preservation
Continuous Trap
Negate the activation of a Spell. It's effect is negated and it remains face-up while this card is face-up. When this card is destroyed, that card's effect resolves if possible.

(When the effect resolves, it is sent to the Grave if that makes sense. Stumbling would not be, Dark World Dealings would be.)

This card has the potential to be interesting. You can destroy it and it won't matter, but at the same time, it still disrupts to a balanced level of degree. For that, I am Accepting

I'll take a swing at that Fiend Support Spell

Card Suggestion:

Fiendish Trades

Normal Spell Card

Can only be activated while all monsters you control are Fiend-Type monsters. Destroy all monsters you control, then target Fiend-Type monsters from your Graveyard whose Levels exactly equal the Level of the destroyed monsters; Special Summon those targets.

Soul: Beaststick for LIGHT monsters, huh. It is interesting in the fact that it can completely change a Rank 4 LIGHT Deck into a Rank 5, it really is. I just don't know how much Level 4 LIGHT we have yet to make this card a problem. No problem with the ATK gain thought. I'll wait to see some other opinions.

Cryogenic: Generic negation with a balanced effect, don't see any problem in here and will definitely use it. Accept 

Fiendish: I'm not sure on how playable this would be since we don't have easy access to the Graveyard like we have on the TCG and we still don't have Fiends that benefits from being destroyed/ on the Graveyard. If you buff it to Special Summon ONLY 1 fiend from the Deck with EXACT level as the destroyed monsters it will be stronger, but with that much force I think you'll need a restrict, something like losing the next draw, battle phase, etc. Or keep the effect but make it unable to ss the destroyed monsters, and when you summon the targets, destroy 1 monster of the opponent with equal (or lower to make it less situational) Level of the summoned monster(s). Those are only my suggestions thought. It is too weak as it is now but if you can figure out a balanced way to make it stronger, I'll accept.

Ok, I'll try one of the Any spots too.

Card Suggestion:

Corrupted Griffon / DARK

Level 3 / Winged-Beast / Effect

While face-up on the field and in your hand, this card is also WIND-Attribute. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 other card you control; return that target to its owners hand. Then, if the returned card was a monster: Target 1 card on the field; banish that target until the next Standby Phase.

ATK/ 1300 DEF/ 1300

"Generic" monster with a temporary removal effect. It is pricey and must be Normal Summoned first to get it, and the target also comes back next turn. I'd like to see some shenanigans with this card and some continuous.

Soul: Beaststick for LIGHT monsters, huh. It is interesting in the fact that it can completely change a Rank 4 LIGHT Deck into a Rank 5, it really is. I just don't know how much Level 4 LIGHT we have yet to make this card a problem. No problem with the ATK gain thought. I'll wait to see some other opinions.

On a quick skim, Mindreader Mutate, Multi-Gene, Blue Rose, Shining Angel, Royal Magical Library, Dimensional Alchemist, Photon Thrasher, maybe some of the normal monsters.

Card Suggestion:

Corrupted Griffon / DARK

Level 3 / Winged-Beast / Effect

While face-up on the field and in your hand, this card is also WIND-Attribute. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 other card you control; return that target to its owners hand. Then, if the returned card was a monster: Target 1 card on the field; banish that target until the next Standby Phase.

ATK/ 1300 DEF/ 1300

"Generic" monster with a temporary removal effect. It is pricey and must be Normal Summoned first to get it, and the target also comes back next turn. I'd like to see some shenanigans with this card and some continuous.

I like it, disruptive but probably disrupts your own tempo too. Interesting tech that I honestly don't expect to see used, but might be, maybe in Decks that need to get around their own backrow. Accept.

I'll take a swing at that Fiend Support Spell

Card Suggestion:

Fiendish Trades

Normal Spell Card

Can only be activated while all monsters you control are Fiend-Type monsters. Destroy all monsters you control, then target Fiend-Type monsters from your Graveyard whose Levels exactly equal the Level of the destroyed monsters; Special Summon those targets.

I don't think this would currently be run. Even Fiend-based Decks are likely to be running a few non-fiends at the moment due to the size of the card pool, and the chance this will be set up to the point it really changes stuff is small. 

Archived