Pokemon, the Forbidden Star [OOC - Started - Not Accepting - PG16] (co-hosted by Lord CowCow)

Durandamon

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/328540-pokemon-the-forbidden-star-ic-not-accepting-pg-16/

^IC^

You walk into a big room with a long line. After a while, you are handed a box with your name on it, and are congratulated. You sit outside the lab, under the shadow of a big Berry tree. Inside the box, lies what looks like an electric notebook, the PokeDex. You push it aside, and find six red and white spheres. You recognize them as PokeBalls, and realize one of them is labelled with a Pokemon's name. So that's your starter. You'll share a lot of adventures with the creature inside that small sphere. You grin, but your train of thought is suddenly interrupted when you realize there's something else in the box. A map, and a letter, labelled "Welcome".

[spoiler=Welcome]
Congratulations! You are now an official Pokemon Trainer of the Hoshi Island! While not as big as other regions, this tropical insula has a wide variety of climates, and as such, a wide variety of Pokemon as well. From the frozen peaks of Mt. Nadare up north, to the warm sands of the beaches in the south, most known Pokemon can be found here.

You've arrived just in time too! In a couple of weeks, the Star Festival will begin! It's a very important celebration, where everyone gathers to thank for what we have, while the stars above us align.

As a way to prove your skills and your bond with your Pokemon, you will take on the challenge of the Gym Leaders. The Leaders are amongst the strongest Trainers on the region. Following the standard, there are 8 Gyms scattered throughout the island. Collect all 8 Badges by beating the Leaders (if you can) and you'll be eligible for the Hoshi Tournament, where the Region Champion is chosen. Good luck!

Be careful thou...there has been reports of illegal activities recently. A rogue organism known as Team Eclipse has been seen at nights, commiting a range of criminal acts. Their exact purpose is still unknown, but please report to the nearest Officer if you have any information. Refrain yourself from engaging them directly.

Was that a lot of information? No? Then...Welcome to Hoshi Island![/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hoshi Island, thank you Sethera!]
GYYRJmV.png

1- Tomi City - The commercial metropolis of Hoshi, Tomi has a mall that competes in size with the Goldenrod Department Store. In the middle of the city lies the Tomi Gym, where Gaikan, the Poison Type Leader waits for a challenger. A mysterious man, he is only seen wearing a face mask and sunglasses, and barely leaves the Gym during daytime.

2- Maruishi Town - A small, and formerly humble town with a small population. Rumors of its great fishing spots have given it a newfound fame. Fishing not your thing? Then why don't you try challenging Yosei, the Fairy Type Leader? Despite her being barely young enough to be a trainer, her natural talent and bond with her Pokemon have given her quite the reputation.

3- Aisu Town/Skiing Resort - Up north, on the cold base of Mt. Nadare, lies this small town which gets most of its income from mining and tourism. The Aisu Skiing Resort is a great place to take your Pokemon, or even catch some rare Ice Type Pokemon, which cannot be found in other parts of the tropical island. The owner of the Resort, Yama, is also the Gym Leader of the Ice Gym of Aisu Town. A rowdy, bearded man, he spends most of his time in a drunken haze. Approach with cautiousness.

4- Mori Sanctuary - By a big lake, the Mori Sanctuary takes care of wounded Pokemon, as well as preserves Grass and Bug Type Pokemon. Likewise, the Gym Leader who lives here, Renjazu, fights using both types, and usually challenges Trainers with Double Battles. Come with a friend!

5- Kazan Volcano - WARNING! The Kazan Volcano has recently been labelled as ACTIVE. Approach with cautiousness. Moyasu, the Fire Type Gym Leader, has his Gym near the top of the Volcano, where his apprentices learn how to fight and endure the elements, both physically as with their Pokemon.

6- Suna Town - Although most of Hoshi's south coast can be used as a resting place, only the sand between the bondaries of Suna Town's beach are completely safe from wild Pokemon incidents. A life guard team working 24/7, leaded by Safa, the beautiful Water Type leader, makes sure of that.

7- Seiza City - This is your goal, Trainer. Your final Gym battle will take place here, although your rival will be a surprise. This City is also the home of the Star Festival and the Hoshi Tournament.

8- Sabaku Desert - It is said that the sage Suna lives as a hermit around these parts. His status is unknown, but shall you find him he'll greet you with a battle for his Ground Type Badge.

9- Kaishi Town - A small port and the smell of salt water herald the beggining of your adventure. This town holds the Pokemon Lab.

10- Bagu Town - After a long walk through the forest, take a rest at the Bagu Inn. This small town doesn't have much else thou.

11- Jujiro Market - A small semi-nomadic group has recently stopped at this point. Their items are quite cheap, but not everything there may be legal. This place is usually used as the crossroads between Bagu, Tomi and Maruishi.

12- Boda Settlement - If you keep going to the east, you won't find more human settlements. The doctors in here are skilled enough to cure even the most obscure diseases.

13- Midori Forest - Just outside Kaishi Town lies a thick forest. Home to many Grass and Bug Pokemon, Ghosts are said to haunt the nights. Don't get lost, ok?
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Team Eclipse]
A group of people dressed in black suits and blue ties have been seen around the island at night. Their purpose is unclear, but as the Star Festival nears, their activities multiply. Maybe it has something to do with the stars? More info will be added as the RP progresses.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Star Festival]
Right before the Hoshi Tournament begins, the Star Festival will occur. People from all over the island gather to watch as the stars align, and spend time with their loved ones. Word is, this Festival is a special one...More info will be added as the RP progresses.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trade Evolutions]
Trades will still be able to happen, but evolutions will be handled differently.

• If the Pokemon evolves via regular trade, they'll evolve like any other Pokemon (that is, growing stronger and bonding with their trainer).
  • If the Pokemon requires a specific item to be held during their trade, it'll only require them to have contact with the item to evolve, in the same fashion as Elemental Stones.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Eligible Starters]
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_three-stage_evolution
Any non-evolved Pokemon from this list, excluding: Dratini, Bagon, Larvitar, Beldum, Gibble, Goomy, Deino.
Special thanks to Giga for providing this list!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]
All site rules and RP Section rules apply.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=App]
Applications as of 27-01-15 / 07:10 am -3GMT are Closed.
Full Name:
Appearance: (use a picture or a paragraph. Pictures in spoilers please.)
Personality: (at least a paragraph, 6 lines min.)
Bio: (same as personality)
Origin: (Hoshi Island, other regions. If so, specify.)
Starter Pokemon: (look at the spoiler above for more info)
Misc: (theme song, favourite food, hobbies, etc.)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Accepted Apps]
Talin Rave - Neos Rivetter [Porygon]
Ketodama - James Riesland [Weedle]
Emperor of the Sands - Emily Aderyn [Togepi]
Lord CowCow - Naomi Reveur [Rhyhorn]
Azure Wolf - Azure Otsuka [Oshawott]
JamesMuddy - Isaac Sterling [Swinub]
Cosmocreeper02 - Alexander Callaveras [Scatterbug]
The Hollow - Kytes Silverstien [Elekid]
Komeiji Koishi - Elchienada Amos [Aron]
Sethera - Corinne Hayes [Horsea]
UnendingEmpire - Pari Yarazad [Axew]
~British Soul~ - Silver Yuja [Totodile]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=My App]
Full Name: Emily Aderyn
[spoiler=Appearance]
67052e1111c5551dbc1f4f4356fa51022cda38ad[/spoiler]
Personality: Emily is a charismatic yet mature young lady. She has always been a reliable person. From helping her classmates with homework to taking care of her older brother, she has always excelled at everything she set her mind to. One'd think she's the older sibling, due to her level of maturity. Or maybe because his brother was a complete slacker. Her family takes care of the Day Care Center, so Emily's always had a soft spot for Pokemon. She takes care of them with tenderness, almost motherly. All of this doesn't mean she's perfect thou. Always looking up to her brother, she has a low self-esteem and requires constant aproval from her higher-ups. If faced with defeat, she'll grow gloomy and will tend to snap at the people around her.

Bio: Emily had always lived a tranquil life, taking care of Pokemon with her family, and taking care of her brother. This changed one rather hot night last year. Emily was alone that day, because her parents were out having dinner and his brother was probably hanging out with his friends as usual. Late at night, a trainer came with a Pokemon to leave at the Day Care. This was rather unusual, Emily thought, but still accepted the Pokemon with a smile. When she opened the PokeBall for the Pokemon to play with the others, that's when chaos ensued. An angry and vicious Monferno emerged from the PokeBall, and its first course of action was to spurt a mouthful of fire around the room. Before Emily could put it in its PokeBall again, she was trampled by a herd of Pokemon trying to escape the fire, and lost consciousness.

She awoke the following day at the hospital with minor burns. The first thing she saw was her father, who questioned her about the nature of the incident. After explaining herself, a stern look took over her father's face. He explained that the man was a member of a local gang, and he had been charging them for protection. After he couldn't pay the growing prices, they sent somebody to take care of them.

Indignated at her father's choices, Emily decided to do something about her situation. She would have proven more useful with a Pokemon of her own, but wasn't allowed to have them by their parents. After her wounds healed, she ran off to Kaishi Town to get her Starter Pokemon. She'll prove herself and everybody, that Emily Aderyn was a force to be reckoned with.

Origin: Hoshi Island, Tomi City.

Starter Pokemon: Togepi

Misc: Emily calls home a lot to make sure everything's okay.
She has a thing for any spicy food.
[/spoiler]

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I will show my interest. Are we starting off with a full team or do we have to build our roster as we go along? And I assume other members in the RP will be controlling the gym leaders that we (the trainers) battle.

You'll start with a single Pokemon, but the world is varied enough so that you can catch most Pokemon you desire, sooner or later. As for the leaders, I haven't decided yet. It's probably gonna be like that thou.

You'll start with a single Pokemon, but the world is varied enough so that you can catch most Pokemon you desire, sooner or later.

I thought so, and I can figure out the restrictions for the first pokemon already.

As for the leaders, I haven't decided yet. It's probably gonna be like that though.

I thought so.

I thought so, and I can figure out the restrictions for the first pokemon already.

I was thinking any Pokemon that could evolve twice, as in regular starters. Was gonna make it so that either you can't pick Dragons or they were limited to a single player. Too high stats in general.

Oh, I fear you misunderstand. I probably should state that the coordinator actually is the Ditto.

WHAT A TWIST

In all seriousness, it looks like you have a thing for transformations, the Ditto, Gemini in Demon Blood. I can't wait to see how you'll tailor your character to this RP once I get the app done.

I was thinking any Pokemon that could evolve twice, as in regular starters. Was gonna make it so that either you can't pick Dragons or they were limited to a single player. Too high stats in general.

That's somewhat like the restrictions I had in mind. The restrictions I had in mind were: Can only be in its lowest stage of evolution, but you can't pick legends (duh) or first stage of Pseudo-Legends as your first pokemon

For the record, Project Gemini in Demon Blood is actually modelled after a variant of Neos I did for a site I was part of, Sryth.com. Only, instead of a demonic creation, the Mimicdrake was an necromantic creation. But anyhoo, I've been roleplaying with shapeshifters...for as long as I can remember roleplaying. I'm probably one of the few that can use transformations in such a way to keep it useful, but not broken,

Also, when playing with my trainer being a Pokemon himself, I usually have one less max Pokemon on the team, since his 'dex permenantly registers himself as part of the team.

That's somewhat like the restrictions I had in mind. The restrictions I had in mind were: Can only be in its lowest stage of evolution, but you can't pick legends (duh) or first stage of Pseudo-Legends as your first pokemon

Yup, couldn't have said it better.

I'll begin turning this into an OOC thread btw.

Full Name: Neos Rivetter
[spoiler=Appearance:]If caught in his true form, he appears simply as a golden blob with neon-green eyes. However, he spends most of his time in a more-human form. Rather-tall and lanky, he wears a long-sleeved yellow jacket with a purple collar and pockets over a simple black undershirt. His pants were the same purple color as his jacket collar and his shoes were both simple in design and the same yellow as his jacket. Over his spiky blue hair sat sat a yellow, wide-brimmed hat with a orange stripe where the brim met the rest of the hat. Around his neck is a golden chain with an uncut light-blue gem attached to it that seems to glow whenever he uses any of his aura-related abilities, even Aura Sight. His skin in his chosen human form has a faint yellow tinting to it, which becomes more noticable when an increased amount of bloodflow goes though various areas, such as when he's blushing, due to the yellow blood that flows through his veins. The strangest trait of all were his neon-green eyes that had dark-green irises instead of the normal black, eyes that never seemed to change no matter what form he took on.
[spoiler=Before and After Transformation]NeosBeforeAndAfter_zps6d8cb8a0.png[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality:]There is one word to describe Neos. Genuine. While he may be a shapeshifter, he has a personality of his own, an identity that he refuses to part with. Even the Powers That Be can't take that away from him and he has no guilt about it, even if it did get him in trouble with his world's God. Willing to defend the weakened and broken, and unafraid to tell off another being when they're being quite full of it, Neos is unafraid to get himself into a fistfight when needed. As a Pokemon, he's used to combat, though he would prefer to do so at range. He's also still not quite used to all the human intritcacies of both the human verbal and non-verbal languages. Because of this, he can say and do things that, while he thinks he's being nice...well, let's just say he's been slapped a few times...hard as well as punched in the face by a few guys. While he is technically genderless, he identifies himself as a male and views himself as such. This also makes it rather...awkward...for him to take on female forms.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bio:]Before we get started with getting into this character's history, allow me to make one thing very clear right now. Neos is not human, but a Ditto that has tried to blend in with human society. The then-nameless Ditto was four years old when it happened. For some reason, its home, the living crystalline tree known as the Tree of Beginning was beginning to fall apart, canibalising upon itself in a suicidal way. While trying to escape the destruction, it ran the wrong way, instead running to where the heart of the tree was located. It sound up seeing a young man that was not yet an adult putting on a pair of gloves before putting his hands out in front of him, straining himself as an orb of light-blue energy began to form in front of him. Soon, a Pokemon near the young man, a Lucario, joined in and combined the orbs around a pink floating cat, whom the Ditto always knew as Mistress Mew. It looked like they were inflicting a lot of pain upon themselves before the Lucario knocked away the human, ending its own life to save the Tree. While the Ditto had a fair bit of respect for the Lucario's actions, it took the human to make it possible.

Curious about the human race ever since, he began to learn about them, travelling with Mistress Mew. It wasn't until the Ditto was five that it started mastering human transformations, though it wound up naked on several occassions along the way, hehe. It wasn't until he figured out a form similar to his current one that he finally approached the nearby queen for further aid in becoming like a human. With her aid, he managed to get his own Pokedex, like the human that helped save his home, though it has hidden the fact that he himself is a Ditto, preventing him from having more than 5 Pokemon on hand at once. Before leaving, however, Mistress Mew gave him a small shard of the Tree that he could keep with him, turning it into a charm for a necklace.

Unfortunately, after he began his own form of journey to see the world and learn more about humanity, he started to see more of the worst of humanity, having ran into Team Rocket and Pokemon Hunters, in addition to other human-based nastiness that wanted to capture him after finding out what lies underneath his human appearance. While I won't get into details about what some of these asses did after certain captures, let us just say that Neos now has a permenant reddish capital R cruelly carved into his upper right arm that's still there after 10+ years...

Not long after arriving upon Hoshi Island in an attempt to escape his past and to raise a new generation of Pokemon, Neos smacked into a rather-goofy Porygon that had just escaped from the local Pokemon Lab. Seeing its chance to be free from true-human hands, the Porygon snatched one of the Pokeballs the Ditto happened to have on hand before using it on itself. Neos still claims that Cysero was the wierdest capture in his entire time as a trainer... [/spoiler]
Origin: Kanto - Tree of Beginning (Cameron Palace)
Starter Pokemon: Cysero the Porygon
Misc:

~Training Style: Neos is what one would call a 'generational' trainer. He would adopt Pokemon that are often found orphaned and raise them until they are capable of taking care of themselves, usually after fully growing up or fully-evolving depending on the Pokemon line. It's why Neos starts with only Cysero, since he had just released a wave of fully-grown Pokemon back into the wilds.

~Neos is a rare case of Aura Guardian that is neither human nor Lucario. He has also never raised his own Riolu or Lucario, either.

~Neos has one trait that doesn't seem to change, no matter how many times he tries to transform. His eyes, which used to be a vivid shade of blue, has become a shade of neon-green with dark-green pupils. Originally, the story behind these eyes was that Arceus himself had cursed him with the sin of humanity, which would manifest physically in his eyes. I do not know if I still want to go with that story in this version or not.

[spoiler=Current Pokemon][spoiler=Neos Rivetter]Species: Ditto

Type: Normal

Ability: Imposter

Known Moves:

~Transform

[spoiler=Human Form]Type: Normal/Fighting

Ability: Scrappy

Known Moves:

~Aura Sphere

~Foresight

~Recover/Heal Pulse

~Agility[/spoiler]Things of note: In his humam form, he can swap between knowing Recover and Heal Pulse, but he has to Transform in and out of human form to make the swap. He also has a few other forms memorized as well, but those hopefully won't get brought up unless needed. As for him having both Scrappy and Foresight, there's something Foresight does that Scrappy doesn't, and that's let Neos see past evasion tactics to give such the middle finger. Foresight is also Neos' Aura Sight as well...[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cysero]Species: Porygon

Type: Normal

Ability: Trace
Known Moves:

~Psybeam

~Conversion

~Conversion 2

~Tackle

Things of note: Cysero is not really able to move around on its own, and it's having a hard time learning Magnet Rise so that it can move around on its own accord. He's also a little bit of a madmon when in battle, so confusion may not have the desired effect when he's nailed with it...[/spoiler][spoiler=???]Species: Budew

Ability: Natural Cure
Known Moves:

~Mind Reader (Egg Move)

~Absorb

~

~

Things of note: Unlike the others, this poor Pokemon's brand new to this world, and it's already treating her cruely...[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Question: How do trade evolutions work?

Also, because I am such a nice guy, here are the available starters: http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_three-stage_evolution

Keep in mind that Dratini, Larvatar, Beldum, Gibble, and Goomy are not allowed under the current rules.

Oh. And the thing that becomes Hydreigon. And Bagon. I am terrible at making lists.

Is it okay if I make a character who is totally not interested in completing the Pokedex and battling? She'd be just in it for the adventure. For that reason, I kinda want to make her Pokemon a Plusle, justified in-universe because she has no idea how Pokemon work and just chose the cutest one.

[spoiler=Naomi]

Full Name: Naomi Reveur

[spoiler=Appearance]on27W6F.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]Naomi is excessively chill. She doesn’t seem to ever get upset or lose her carefree attitude. This chill personality tends to make her lazy. She doesn’t like to do more than the bare minimum that is required to. And has been known to get sulky, though never upset, when her sleep is interrupted. She absolutely loves to spoil her Pokemon however and will go to whatever lengths to help them when they’re in need. She loves scary things and thrills, despite her relaxed nature.

When it comes to other people, Naomi doesn't really care how they look or what they do as long as they don't hurt others. She doesn't like excessive violence no matter the reason. Only gets worked up when someone is being forced to do things that go against any other person's chosen way of life.

Thinks of Pokemon as people and tries to be as respectful to them as she would another human being. She is a bit bothered by the idea of catching them and fighting but realized that the Pokemon weren't against it. However she would never force one to fight.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bio] Born in Kalos, she was raised in Laverre City and grew up on stories of fairy tales and ghost stories. She ate that stuff up, reading all the stories she could. Her parents were often gone, for reasons unknown, so those stories were her babysitter. Eventually she was brought a gift, a Pokemon partner, to help keep her company while her parents were away. She named them Princess, and spoiled the thing as much as she can.

Soon after she discovered where her parents had gone. They were both Pokemon thieves. They were arrested and Naomi was alone. She was supposed to go live with her grandparents. They were kind people but they were farmers and she knew she'd be forced to work. Naomi decided to travel instead, eventually settling on going to Hoshi Island.[/spoiler]

Origin: Came from Kalos,

Starter Pokemon: Princess the Rhyhorn

[spoiler=Misc]Princess has a big pink bow attached to her head.

[spoiler=theme]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb6MMKV6dPY[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Full Name: James "Bug Catcher" Riesland

[spoiler=Appearance:]

bug_catcher_by_arvicnunag-d2x4yoz_zps920

Height: 1.7m (5' 6")

Weight: 68kg (150lbs)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality:]

Generally an easy-going fellow, James does his best to remain relaxed and composed at all times.  He treats all those he meets fairly when he does not know them, and warms up to others relatively quickly.  It could be said that he believes the goal of any interaction between humans or Pokémon ought to be to walk away with a new friend at the end of it, and he certainly treats things like that.  Along with his relaxed attitude comes a calm, measured approach to situations.  While this will often make him somewhat slow to act, this also means that his actions are well thought out.  It is incredibly difficult to make him angry, and even insults to the type of Pokémon he prefers, bug types, do not inspire anger so much as a desire to prove his critic wrong.  His long-term goal is to establish a Pokémon gym devoted to Bug types, and teach those that underestimate the type that it is far more dangerous than expected.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bio:]

James never seemed like he would become a trainer, having been born the son of a Sylph Co. worker and a real estate agent he was about as far removed from training as it could come.  It didn't help any that he was actually quite small and frail when he was young, suffering from near constant sickness and thus left without much chance to enjoy the things other kids did.  It wasn't long into his school days that he began to be the target of bullies and the like because he was weak and easily picked on.  What didn't help this was that he was regularly held back in school, due to the many doctor visits and missed days, despite his intelligence giving him an edge in classes.  In fact, he did not graduate until a short while after his nineteenth birthday.  

Rather than go off to college immediately, he decided to try and get a job to work for a while.  It took him a while, but he did eventually manage to gain an internship at the Safari Zone of all things.  After all, it would have him working away from most of the rest of the people there and most human diseases did not pass on to Pokémon.  Rather quickly, he surprised the others with his ability to perform the seemingly physically demanding tasks.  He was rather quickly moved into what was intended to be a more permanent, paid position and would have stayed in that were it not for the events of one particular day.  

While checking one of the fences for damage, he found himself flung into the air by a mad Tauros and smashed against the ground.  He would probably have been gored to death there, were it not for the intervention of an unlikely savior.  The Tauros smacked into a tree as it was rounding on him to charge and finish him off, only to have a little Weedle fall on its back.  That Weedle then proceeded, in James' own words, "to sting the ever living crap out of that Tauros."  While the little bug was eventually caught by the larger Pokémon's horns and fainted, the poison afflicting the would-be assailant sent it falling to the ground.  When he was eventually found by other members of the staff, with several broken bones and a bleeding eye, he was clutching that fainted Weedle to protect it from being attacked by any of the other Pokémon in the area.  He ultimately lost that eye, and the wounds on his arm proved slow to close, but he kept that Weedle with him the whole while and eventually got a ball for it.  Much to the dismay of his parents, he decided he was going to become a Trainer and left for Hoshi Island at the earliest opportunity.[/spoiler]

Origin: Kanto

[spoiler=Starter Pokemon:]

Name: Aife

Species: Kakuna

Sex: Female

Move set: Poison Sting - String Shot - Bug Bite - Harden[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Team]

[spoiler=Harte]

Species: Nincada

Sex: Male

Move Set: Night Slash - Leech Life - Fury Swipes - Mud Slap[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Misc: James has a particular love of Nattō 

I'll add a theme song when I think of one suitable.

Archived