Pokemon, the Forbidden Star [IC - Not Accepting - PG-16]

Durandamon

"W-What are you doing?" - Emily tried to push Naomi away from her, but she was already fast asleep. With a sigh of exhasperation, she gave in. 

"Hey Emily, if you want you can sleep too, i'll try to guard tonight, okay?"

"Oh, thank you Alex! You are really useful..." - Emily returned Spike to his Pokeball to rest. She then turned towards the other trainer, and moved her hair away from her sleeping face. Emily took that chance to examine the girls face. Damn, she really is cute. The thought lingered in Emilys mind, while she slowly fell asleep herself.

----------------

Two shadowy figures left the forest, stepping over a pile of just-fainted Trevenants. "The Boss is gonna be happy with this..." - the man looked over at the Pokemon walking next to him. The Pinsirs body, usually brown, had a blue color to it instead, and its horns shone golden even in the dead of the night - "This must be an omen of good luck for Team Eclipse."

And so, the figures disappeared into the night.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Take one more bite, I dare you." Silver said eyeballing the fire monkey consuming the chocolate, chuckling as it finished the final bite. This had angered Silver as technically Pansear distrubed him as he was going to eat so the fight had gotten personal as he reached for Totodile's pokeball. "Ok Totodile, let's teach this monkey a lesson." As the Big Jaw pokemon emerged from his pokeball, Pansear gave a 'bring it' hand gesture, to which Totodile responded with a Water Gun attack, an attack that would miss its mark when Pansear jumped to dodge it.

*BOOM*

An explosion could be heard in the distance which after a few seconds reached Silver's left ear lobe prompting him to turn to that direction. "You hear that Corinne?" He asked, only to get no reply. A few moments waiting later, Silver shouted Corinne's name again "Corinne? CORINNE!" Stilling getting no reply, Silver sighed and turned back to the fight at hand, but Totodile and Pansear were not in plain sight.

He assumed that Totodile went into the bushes to chase after Pansear who darted off shortly after the explosion, so Silver decided to follow not knowing what direction they went since he focused the last few moments wondering where Corinne had gone off to. Wading through the bushes waving the branches away from his face, it wouldn't be long before a burst of fire spewed from Pansear's mouth resulting in Silver to almost fall backwards. "Bloomin' heck, there you are, now where is-" Before he got a chance to finish his sentence, Totodile jumped in front of Silver and surprised Pansear with a Water Gun.

"Right, we need to finish this quickly." Silver thought, obviously in a hurry to find Corrine. He reached for a pokeball whilst directing Totodile to keep up with the Water Guns, although it started to look as if Pansear was running out of steam, giving Silver the chance to toss the pokeball. Telling Totodile to hold fire, Silver tossed the pokeball at Pansear's noggin, encapsulating it in a bright red light as he entered the pokeball and after three shakes, Pansear was caught. Breathing a sigh of relief, Silver picked up the pokeball and headed off in the opposite direction to look for Corrine, telling Totodile to spray water in the air to act as a beacon.

Dennis was confused, in many ways. He hadn't had to deal with so many people being this...would the word social work here? Too many people were doing things too close to him. Worst was the not-pretty girl, who was angry and threatening him. Dennis noticed Haunter rush to his side, and knew he wouldn't be able to stop the Pokemon from defending him.

Not that he would, the girl deserved it. How dare she threaten him like that?

But it turned out to not be necessary. Candice came to his defense. She was so passionate and so protective. Dennis' heart raced as he watched and listened. She was....simply amazing. Strong, caring, and cute...All he could do was stare in wonder.

Even while the pair of Trevenant got nearer, he barely even registered this fact. His Haunter tried to get his attention as the other Ghost-types prepared to attack the unprepared trainers.

All he could think was that he wanted to keep this girl in his sight as long as he could.

She was sniffling, she seemed upset...that wasn't right, she shouldn't be. "Um. Well....thank you." He said awkwardly, voice cracking near the end. "D-don't be said I thought it was....really cool."

[hr]

Meanwhile, Naomi was having the warmest and sweetest dreams.

It would take something big to wake her from this slumber.

She smiled gently in her sleep.

And continued to dream.

He didn't really know what exactly a Trevenant was, nor could he go down and re-introduce the poor Budew to the monsterous headache it had been experiencing up until now. Thinking on this conundrum, the greying Pidgeot remembered something odd. He's had Psychic Pokemon be unable to hear outside of their Pokeballs, would the same hold true for a Mind Reader?

"Quiet in any form would be wonderful."

"...brace yourself, I have to land to do what I need to, then."

A gulp, then a whimper emerged from the Budew as the pair started moving back amongst the trees, watching out for any moving ones that could be nearby. The pain of being flooded with the thoughts of others were already affecting the poor Grass Pokemon and he felt guilty about it.

Gently placing the little one upon the grassy ground, the Pidgeot placed his talons flat upon the ground before beginning to glow with a light-bluish light. At first, it seemed to become slighly-smaller and almost blob-like in shape to a significantly-larger form, one that resembled that of a human. When the light vanished, the one other humans would know as Neos Rivetter appeared with a gentle sympathetic smile on his face.

"Are you sure you want to try this," he asked, speaking in Ditto as he did with his voice becoming unrealistically-high for a human male as he did.

A single nod came from the Budew as he pulled from a side pocket in the backpack a red-and-white orb, which he pressed a button upon to enlarge it. Gently tapping the Budew with it, the Pokemon was pulled within it with a beam of red light before the orb reclosed itself.

One.

Two.

Three.

Click...

Isaac started to raise his voice. This whole ordeal was getting out of hand. "Everyone, would you please just STOP! I don't care what going on between you three and who's with who. I don't care if this guy's Haunter attacked us, because right now we're in danger. There are two evil ghost trees attempting to destroy us, and we need to stop them. So would you PLEASE just get along for a few seconds?!" The forest seemed to fall silent for a few seconds. It didn't take a long before the Trevenant jumped in front of everyone and scared them, knocking Porky into a nearby bush in the process. Isaac ran off to help rescue his petrified Swinub.

[hr]

“Tch, consider yourself spared for now.

Don't you dare trying to do anything funny, or else....”

With Isaac and Candice vehemently objecting her beating the tar out of the boy, Elchi decided with a loud *hmph* that she’d help her Aron instead for now. It seemed that the disgusting boy was falling head over heels for Candice anyway, and with her falling into the boy’s smooth talk, she didn’t have a chance to convince her that he was a complete scum. And after all, debating with her new friends was not something that she’s intending to do right now when the walking trees were attacking them. She rushed towards the small crater where Jiron was, where it was clear that he had been tired from the impact earlier, and gave him a potion to help him recover. While she’d normally just pick him up and run as far as possible from the danger to keep him safe, she had no intention this time to leave her friends behind, and Jiron’s seemingly really eager to beat the tree into submission anyway.

“Jiron, listen to me.

Try using Harden several times before your next attempt to smash the tree. Might not do much, but it’ll help you be steady and lessen the recoil from the attack, hopefully.

Do you understand?”

Jiron looked right back at her, and answered her with something that looked like a nod. Seeing him finally obeying her for once, Elchi smiled before turning back to look at the Trevenant.

“Now, it’s time to smash that tree to pieces!”

“Aaarooooon!”

[hr]

As the sky started to darken, it started to dawn on Silver that the beacon idea wasn't going to work and decided to let Totodile have some rest and judging by the yawn that followed, he would need some rest as well. "I wonder how Corrine is- *yawn*" Even though he wanted to take a break, Silver took out a can of energy drink, (Relentless) taking a sip to give him much needed energy, although it would also signal thoughts that he may regret this later.

Walking through the dense forest in the evening, strange sounds begin to be heard from within the trees, which many would deem unnerving if one were to listen to them long enough. "Great... how am I meant to focus with all this wailing. Must be ghost-types then." Silver mused out loud as he tried his hardest to blank them from his mind. He believed that as long as he doesn't harm them, they wouldn't have a reason to harm him, but he would get irritated by the constant wailing.

"(sigh) Nothing I can do about these ghosts at the moment, gotta give Totodile and Pansear time to rest." Silver thought as he tread carefully through the woods, being careful not to snap ay sticks which could potentially disturb wild pokemon, provoking them to attack. "Corrine?! You nearby?" He shouted trying to get her attention should she be nearby, but he wouldn't do it as often, however as soon as he finished the sentence, the wailing sound from earlier increased in volume as a wild Gastly appeared before Silver.

"Uwaahhhh!"

After walking in the direction he believed Bagu Town to be, Azure began to hear shouting. As he kept moving the shout was getting louder, not wanting to get mixed up in what was happening Azure began to think he should walk away, but at the same time he wanted to know what was happening. Sending out Nobu, Azure had a idea, he wouldn't have got away with it in Aspertia, but here in a forest where the trees can move,  the moment was to good to pass up. "Nobu, launch a couple of Air Slashes towards where the sound is coming from." Upon receiving his orders, Nobu took of the shell on his stomach and it began to glow a light blue. Slashing the air with it, small arcs of air was compressed and turned white. After a few slashes, Nobu launched the air towards the sound. Now to see what would happen.

James continued working his way through the woods hoping that he could reach the site of the explosion, and anyone injured by it before it was too late.  He didn't go too fast though, given that he wanted to make sure his poisonous friend could keep up.  Thankfully, he was very shortly given reason to hope.

"Yes, I'm here!"  Those words saw a smile crossing the young man's face, and he pressed on further.  He was somewhat surprised when he broke through the underbrush as to who it was that he met.  It was the girl with the Horsea that he'd seen earlier, though admittedly worse for wear.  He contained himself to avoid laughing at the state she found herself in, but then he was hardly one to talk.  After all, he was pretty much covered in bandages that he had to change on a daily basis.  "Oh!  Hello there, were you the one calling out?"  Her question snapped his attention back to where it needed to be just as Aife finished laying down her trail and climbed up onto his shoulder.  Somewhat sheepishly rubbing the back of his head, he answered.

"Heh, yeah that was me.  If I had to guess, I'd say you ran into some Pokémon that took offense to being caught and self destructed.  That right?"  He kept a smile on his face as he spoke, mostly out of habit and partly out of a memory of some of his coworkers being caught in a similar situation at the Safari Zone.  Of course they hadn't fared so well as the girl in front of him.  "I'm James, by the way," he said as he stuck his hand out for her to shake.  "What are you doing out here alone and without any sort of camping equipment?  Really, it's dangerous to venture too far from camp this late in any forest."  Just as he said that, he heard the sound of creaking wood.  A quick look behind him showed that one of the trees had seemingly uprooted itself and turned to look upon them with a single glowing eye.  "Case in point."  Just to make sure he knew what it was, he pulled out his Pokédex and had a look for himself.

Trevenant.  It can control trees at will.  It will trap people who harm the forest, so they can never leave.

Ghost/Grass

Evolves from Phantump

"Well, guess he takes offense to our being here.  Aife, you know what to do."  The Weedle gave an affirmative trill, and the two prepared to act.  The larger Pokémon was the first to act, and brought one of its giant limbs down as if to smash upon them.  While James grabbed a hold of Corrine and jumped out of the way, Aife jumped from her master's shoulder and up onto the tree.  A moment later and, much to the frustration of the big guy, the Weedle was spraying her foe down with silken string.  It wasn't long until she'd wrapped him up to her liking, and from there set upon the beast with great fury.  You'd hardly expect a Weedle to manage it, but she set upon the creature with a flurry of bites and stings and soon enough the creature went down in a poisoned twitching heap with a now very happy little bug sitting atop it trilling away.  With a smile, James called her back to her Pokéball after making sure to help the girl to her feet.  "Well, since my point was just proven, would you like a nice camp site to stay the night at?  I made more soup for dinner than I can eat myself anyways."

The ponytailed brunette sighed in relief. Although she hadn't been separated for long from Silver, being alone in a forest...well, that had been a more frightening experience than expected. Just the sight of another person was enough to bring feelings of security and relief. As she was thinking this, the man in front of her replied: "Heh, yeah that was me. If I had to guess, I'd say you ran into some Pokémon that took offense to being caught and self destructed. That right?"

Wow, he was right on the mark. She stared at him in astonishment for a second longer than polite, before giving a nod. "You're right." How did he do that? Was he psychic? Or maybe... she thought, glancing down at herself in distaste. Maybe my appearance says enough.

"I'm James, by the way," the dark-haired man held out a hand in an amiable fashion. She took it, giving it a brisk shake. "Corinne." Things were looking up now. Then he spoke some more, voice taking on an admonishing tone. "What are you doing out here alone and without any sort of camping equipment? Really, it's dangerous to venture too far from camp this late in any forest."

"Eheh..." It was true, she had been quite irresponsible, very out of character. But she couldn't help it. She just had to follow that fascinating bagworm! It wasn't every day that Corinne met a Pokémon she hadn't heard of, and her scientific curiosity had overridden her sensibilities. "Well, I..." Just then, she was interrupted by the presence of another Pokémon she'd never heard of. A tree behind this new fellow, James, had uprooted itself and turned an eerie red eye on the two of them. Immediately her mind swirled through the possibilities.

Tree...so that could be grass...but that eye, coupled by increased activity in the dark...that speaks for ghost. Could it be a hybrid? Perhaps a ghost haunting a tree? Reminds me of those old fairytales of haunted forests I've heard of...where did that book come from? Wasn't it Kalosian? That would explain why I have no clue what this specimen is...Kalos is quite far from Hoenn, so there's less of a need to learn about them. Even Unova is closer than that region...

While she was thinking, James had started speaking. "Well, guess he takes offense to our being here. Aife, you know what to do." Aife, was that his Weedle's name? She didn't have time to think further as at that moment, James had grabbed her and jumped out of the way of a crashing attack from the large tree. Immediately afterward, a small bug started spewing a long thread of silk and wrapped the tree up neatly like a present. Then it proceeded to use Poison Sting on the tree until the enemy collapsed in convulsions caused by the poison. Very neat and tidy, the girl acknowledged.

James helped her to her feet. "Well, since my point was just proven, would you like a nice camp site to stay the night at?  I made more soup for dinner than I can eat myself anyways."

Corinne nodded, sharp brown eyes zeroing in on the Pokédex in his hand. Right, I could've used that to identify it...I'm so used to having to rely on my own observations. However, this will be a useful tool... "Ah yes, food sounds excellent, thank you," she smiled. That granola bar she'd eaten felt like a long time ago. Maybe it was. Which reminded her. Silver...I hope you're okay...

A small movement from her arms caused her to look down. Dru was currently yawning, eyes drooping in exhaustion. At that, Corinne smiled. It had been a long day. She could look for Silver tomorrow. For now, it was best to go with James, who seemed to already have a camp set up. Besides, this forest was dangerous. Now I'm worried for the other individuals who went alone...that man wearing all gold and the silver-haired boy, not to mention Silver. Hopefully they're all okay. And what about the ones in groups? She didn't know all of their names, as not everybody had introduced themselves, but she remembered the Pokémon with them. That constantly-blushing girl...she didn't seem like the type to handle ghosts easily. And that girl with the Rhyhorn...she seemed even more prone to napping than I am. I hope she didn't fall asleep on one of those trees. Then there was that boy with the Scatterbug...his two teammates don't seem the most reliable... The girl with the Aron seemed responsible enough at first, but then she just ran off like that... The boy with the Swinub ran after her too...I hope the two of them are okay...it would have been better if they had a third member. It's easy to get separated in groups of two, apparently...

She shook her head. Best not to worry about things like that too much. They weren't her responsibility. Just because a few of them reminded her of her scatterbrained little brother did not mean she had to worry about them. She wasn't worried. Nope, not one bit...

The girl glanced at James. He seemed he most responsible out of all of them, and probably the one most likely to survive in this forest by himself, along with that other, strange golden-clothed man. They both exuded a calm, mature aura. Well, at least she didn't have to worry too much about them. But still, this forest is dangerous...I hope everyone survives the night. The brunette let out a yawn despite herself.

T I M E S K I P

-------------------------------------------

Morning. A Fletchling was eating a berry, perched in the head of a young male trainer who had fallen asleep with a notebook on his hand. Inside the cave, the light from the sun made its presence inside the humid cave. A girl with twintails slowly opened her eyes, covering her face from the sunlight. After letting out an unusually long yawn, Emily looked at the reason she couldn't get up from the ground. Naomi was still fast asleep, her head resting on Emily's lap. Looking outside, there were no signs of the Trevenant that had made the previous night a living nightmare. 

Emily smiled, and poked at the sleeping girl's shoulder - "Wakey wakey sleepyhead~" - She then turned to the sleeping boy, and chuckled a bit at the bird Pokemon that was now sleeping on Alexander's head - "Alex, you too! It's already morning!"

There was still a long way ahead of them.

"Alex, you too! It's already morning!" Emily said, while waking him up.

"I wasn't sleeping at all, i'm guarding this place! Oh hi Emily, good morning!" Alexander said while waking up a bit confused.

"Okay now that everyone has woken up let's have breakfast and then let's do a planning of the day, okay?" He said while taking out from his bag some cupcakes resembling Goomy.

"They're cute aren't they, i got them from a bakery near my home in Nacrene City" He said while taking a bite at the purple glazed cupcakes.

The sun was up in the sky, there were a few, probably very soft clouds in the sky, and Pokèmons were waking up from their sleep, it was even more peaceful then yesterday.

"Okay, so... First thing first we need to get out of the forest. I'm not spending another night here! Then the following plans are up to you."

"I'm ready, if you are we can go"

Naomi was laying in a pile of fluffy, pink, Altaria. She was fairly certain that Altaria were never ever pink, but the ice cream she was currently devouring was distracting her from any thoughts about the strangeness. It was vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, mint, caramel, cotton candy, more chocolate, and butterscotch.
There was no sun disturbing her nap, yet everything was still bright. In the distance she could hear a soft and loving voice singing her favorite song.
Everything around her was soft, sweet, and wonderful.
And then she woke up. This startled her for two reasons. One, she was totally certain she hadn’t been dreaming.
And because she didn’t wake up due to some nearly cataclysmic event as was her norm. Instead it was a gentle request from her new friend, Blushy.
"Wakey wakey sleepyhead~"
For the first couple seconds after waking up she was annoyed, having been forced out of the wonderful and fluffy dream she had been enjoying. But for some reason, as she smiled lazily up at Blushy, she didn’t quite mind. “Heya wuzzup?”

Number 2 revealed himself to be a most epic addition to the group with the reveal of glorious, glorious food. With Herculean effort she forced herself into a sitting position. She managed to fully sit up with the motivation of sweets pushing her to greater heights. She reached her hands out with a goofy grin and exclaimed “Gimme!”

Nomming down on the cupcake she rocked happily back and forth and listened to the others making plans. They would leave the forest and go somewhere else, is the gist of what Naomi could catch. Seemed like a plan. As in, it was more than Naomi was thinking. Had these two not been here she’d likely have stayed in this cave until the afternoon at latest.

Latching onto Blushy and giving Number 2 a friendly pat on the back she she said “Onwards!" The sugar rush of the cupcakes giving her enough energy to travel on foot....for all of 5 minutes, and then she sent Princess out once more and crawled onto her back for a morning nap.

[hr]

Frick. The sudden attack broke Dennis out of his daydreaming, which mostly involved taking Candice on some kind of spectacular date, and Dennis was forced to remember there were other people around.
Annoying, stupid, and arrogant people. If it weren’t for the bright light that was Candice, Dennis would have fallen into a doom and gloom episode. As it was he settled for slightly bitter.

They had to do something about these Trevenant. Running was out of the question for now, however now that he wasn’t looking directly at Candice he realized he’d likely have to take off later....though he couldn’t shake the feeling he would be keeping a close eye on this group even after they left the forest.

The ugly Aron girl had attacked the Trevenant, hitting it with a Head Smash. It seemed to do a huge amount of damage, though it wasn’t quite out of the fight yet. And the Aron, being weakened by the Curse from before on top of the recoil damage, wasn’t doing so hot.

“Haunter  use Smog on the undamaged Trevenant.” His Pokemon seemed glad to see his trainer paying attention, and launched a blast of poison gas at the tree.
It moved out of the way. Trevenent weren’t usually fast, so Haunter must be off because of that attack from that awful girl.

“Tsk, well then get in close and use Lick!” Hopefully the more accurate move would land...and it did! The Trevenant didn’t seem too phased by the attack, though it did seem to have become paralyzed which would slow it down and hopefully make it easier to bring down.
Unfortunately Dennis noticed too late that the wild Pokemon had been prepared, as it drew close and launched an attack. Dennis recognized the move, Feint Attack, a Dark type. His already weakened Haunter couldn’t handle the blow and was brought down.

“No!” Dennis returned Haunter to its Pokeball and stumbled back. He couldn’t do anything here, and he already spent too much time helping them for his comfort. He avoided looking at Candice and ran, banking on the wild Pokemon to be too distracted by the others to give chase.

He couldn’t resist calling back to Candice before he got too far, “I’m sorry I can’t stay...I-I’ll see you again sometime!” Though she might not see him, Dennis couldn’t stand the thought of having to interact with those others so that might be for the best, as much as he’d prefer being able to be out in the open with Candice....
With these confusing thoughts in his head Dennis fled the forest, heading for the nearest Pokecenter.

Neos watched the Pokeball with caution, seeing if there was any further shaking that winds up coming from it. He knew that if a Pokemon really wanted to, it could make the Pokeball move from the inside and even bust out of it. He didn't count because his own Pokeball was modified so that if any idiot tried to pull him into it, he could easily get out without breaking it, but still...

There was no shaking at all.

Narrowing his eyes, he looked around in all directions, seeing if there was anyone in the way of humans that he could see or hear before looking back towards the Pokeball and began to Transform once more.

First to his original state.

Then to a much-larger form with a serious 'stache and a pair of spoons in his hands. An Alakazam with skin that was very-slightly-more yellow than normal and the same neon-green eyes.

"Are you alright in there," he projected towards the Budew within the orb, keeping the connection open so he could hear the responce.

"...yes...yes, I am. These walls...I don't know, but I don't hear the voices anymore."

"Good to hear. It may be best if you travel with me so you can learn how to control that ability. You wouldn't be the only one I'm working with," he chuckled both verbally and in his head as the Porygon that was unable to move on its own popped into his head for a split-second.

"You mean Cysero?" An eyebrow went up at this before finding himself nodding.

"Yes, I do mean him. Now, I'm gonna cut this connection for now so you can finally sleep."

Silence ran through his head for a few moments before cutting the connection and looking around once more. Not catching anything obvious beyond the moving trees, Neos shifted back in-chain to his human form, stretching his arms out before picking up the Pokeball.

"Betrayer."

"Imposter."

"Turncoat."

He froze at the voices. He's heard them all before from other Pokemon, but the words still sting. He's always been considered by several elitist Pokemon as someone whose betrayed his own kind, trying to 'pretend' he was something he clearly wasn't and never truely will be. Gritting his teeth, he placed the 'ball inside his jacket before moving on, deciding on walking through the night to keep an eye on these creatures.

Someone bowled into him soon after he got past the edge of the forest, someone that seemed to be in a massive hurry...

(Dennis steamrolled Neos as he fled...fair bit of a trick, considering Neos is probably at least way taller than the kid...)

The morning came after a night spent in a fairly comfortable campsite.  James had introduced Corinne to Harte, the two had eaten what he called "camp soup" for dinner, and he had given up his sleeping bag to the girl.  She was younger than him after all, and she hadn't seemed overly prepared otherwise.  In any case, they had been unmolested by wild Pokémon for the rest of the night thanks to a thorough spraying of repel around the camp site.  The morning itself saw James waking up early, just a little before Sunrise, and getting up to stretch himself out.  Once he was up, he stepped out to get the fire going to cook breakfast over.  Of course, a fairly intense itch was reminding him of something he needed to do.

"Well, guess I really should."  He said with a sigh, letting out Harte and Aife.  Imagine his surprise when he saw his little Aife had evolved while resting in her ball after the fight!  In place of the little Weedle was a Kakuna.  "Well look at you, little one!"  He exclaimed, a smile on his face as he reached out to rub her on her head.  "Guess it was bound to happen sooner rather than later.  Well, you two think you can help me with this?"  The two bugs chittered an affirmative, and he removed his shirt, followed by his pants.  The left side of his body was covered in cloth bandages, which by the stains on them were in need of replacing.  With some assistance from his Pokémon, he set about removing them.

It was a long, and less than painless process but he managed to remove the bandages.  They were stuffed in a bag marked "dirty bandages" and then stuffed back in his backpack.  As for what they revealed, it was not a pretty sight.  His left arm and leg bore deep, irregular wounds upon them which had been thoroughly stitched up.  The worst, though, was his side.  Likely as many wounds on it as there were on his arm and leg combined, he really looked like he was being held together with stitches and only just; he was seeping blood from more than a few of his wounds.  Of course, the next process began after that.  Once again helped along by his friends, he began the process of checking the many injuries.  Dirt and grime that had gotten in through the bandages was wiped away, and any little pieces of debris were removed.  The worst part was just to come.

Clenching his teeth, the young man set about rubbing each and every wound down with an alcohol pad.  It was the only real option he had for properly cleaning his wounds out in the forest, and it took a long time to do right.  Thankfully, Hart was able to provide some assistance in that regard with a pad stuck on each of his claws.  It took a great deal of care, and the Nincada needed a little coaching on the odd case where he accidentally stuck his trainer.  James tried to keep quiet all the same, hoping to avoid waking Corinne, and could not have been more relieved when it was over.  With the rubbing down done, he set about re-wrapping himself with fresh clean bandages.

Corinne blinked the last traces of sleep from her eyes, squinting to soften the effects of the sunbeam washed over her face. Glancing to the side, she saw James wrapping bandages on himself. She blinked again. Oh, right. She had forgotten about the bandages wrapped all over his left arm and torso, barely making out the details of his appearance in the dark. Now, in the light of morning, she was reminded with a start that here was somebody who seemed to still be recovering from grievous injuries. It made this whole journey seem more real, and much more dangerous.

Not that last night was very safe... The girl thought to herself, shaking her head. The movement caused her hair to whip into her face, and she groaned. Right. She always undid the ponytail when she slept. Groping around the ground nearby, her hand alighted on her backpack, where she found her yellow scrunchy and pulled it over her hair in a practiced gesture, finally finishing with her ponytail. She stepped out of the sleeping bag (James had volunteered his but she had actually had hers in her backpack so he hadn't had to sleep uncovered) and stretched, taking care not to jostle her Horsea Dru, who was still sleeping.

Yawning, the brunette muttered a "Morning" to James, followed by a "Gonna get changed." She was not a morning person. At all. Stepping behind a tree a few feet from the clearing, she proceeded to change out of her pajamas and into more suitable traveling clothes. The thought never even entered her still-wakening mind that there could be a Trevenant nearby, but nothing happened, thankfully. The girl stared at the charred labcoat in her hands and sighed, giving it up for a lost cause. But it could still protect her from the trees somewhat so there was use in it still. It was too bad she couldn't clean herself up much, though perhaps she could persuade Dru to use Bubble on her or something.

Finished, she left the cover of the trees and reentered the campsite. "So, what's the plan for today?" she asked.

"Morning."  The words came in a pained gasp as he was finishing up with wrapping himself in bandages.  Soon enough, and thanks to the help his Pokémon gave him, he was able to get his pants and his shirt back on over the wrappings.  He was still a little sore from the process as he stood up, but in a few moments he was feeling better.  "Just gotta make sure I don't strain myself too much..."  He took a moment or two to move about and make sure everything was comfortable.  It took him about as long to make his adjustments as it did for Corinne to finish up with getting dressed for the day.

"So, what's the plan for today?"  The question caught the young man off guard, and he had to think for a moment.  Of course, the more pressing matter was gathering up some things to make breakfast.  He'd brought some flour and other things, and in a few moments he had both a pan heating up over a re-stoked fire while he mixed up batter in a small bowl to make pancakes for them to eat.

"Well, I was planning on staying here in the forest for a few days."  He stated, testing the greased pan to see if it was hot enough.  Satisfied that it was, he poured the first portion of batter into it to get a decent breakfast ready for the two of them.  "This is where I'm most likely to find other Bug Pokémon, so I plan to stay until I've caught a few of them.  There's one in particular I'd especially like to find, but given how elusive it is I might be here for a week or more."  He tested the pancake to see how done it was on one side, and then flipped it over to cook on the other.  "By the way, could you get the steel plates out of my backpack?  It'll be easier to eat these if we have something to rest them on."

These humans dared to challenge him in his own forest? The powerful leader of the Trevenents sneered at the running boy.
His Haunter had paralyzed him. Next time he saw that child he would be sure to make him suffer.
However for now he had to deal with these others.
He called to his wounded brethren to leave. There was no need to suffer more injury at the hand of these savages.
He surged forward towards the Aron, his claw glowing green as he attacked with a powerful Horn Leech. The paralysis slowed him down however it should be more than enough...

[hr]

This thing was no normal Pokemon...The pair of Trevenant looked at each other with confused looks on their faces. Whatever the case it was a trainer at the very least.
The had been following it for a while now, and as it was seemingly on its way out, they decided they had to force some answers out of it.
The stronger of the two using Growth before approaching the...man, the spoke “Strange thing...no farther you go...”
The other then used Confuse Ray on the trainer, not waiting for whatever Pokemon he sent out to defend himself.

It was obvious they wouldn't back down from this battle.

[hr]

It was morning, these Trevenent were resting, however they were still thinking. This Bug Catcher and his new friend were possibly staying longer. That would not be tolerated. As soon as night fell their brethren would gather to face off against these humans.

[hr]

All Gastly had wanted to do was say hi, yet she was attacked out of nowhere by an Air Slash after this other human screamed in her face.
Whimpering it ran off to find the Protectors. And found a strong Trevenent, one of the strongest in the forest, and told him her story.
Freeing himself from his Ingrain, Trevenent headed in the direction of the fiends who assaulted this Gastly in their forest.

[hr]

Five Trevenent watched with annoyance as the trio left the cave, they had better leave before night fell or else....

Isaac watched as the slowed Trevenant charged towards the Aron. "Porky, use Body Slam on that thing!" Swinub heard the call and charged at the Trevenant, then leaped into the air, and right through the giant tree. And Porky landed it looked behind it, for the tree was still moving perfectly fine. "What?! That tree must be a Ghost-type! Normal moves can't hit ghosts! Fine! Porky, head underground for a surprise attack!" The little Swinub understood its trainer's command and dug underneath the ground. A thought suddenly crossed Isaac's mind. 'What if I catch this thing? It's huge! It could be a great help to our group here.'

Neos had peeled himself off the dirt path underneath him a few moments after waking back up from hitting his head on the ground, immediately moving into a sitting position on his knees. What on Earth bowled over him before he found himself knocked out like that? Thankfully it wasn't a sudden passout or he would have demorphed in front of everyone in view. And that's something he didn't want to deal with here. Not while he didn't know if there was anything similar to Team Rocket or anything...

“Strange thing...no farther you go...”

Without moving his feet and putting his right hand down on the ground to steady himself, the false human turned towards the source of the voice with his left knee now in the air. He soon spotted a pair of Trevenant, one of them closer to him than the other. However, he didn't see that the other had sent off an attack towards in until he felt the invisible ray begin to mess with his head.

Confuse Ray.

Back on both of his knees with his hands to his head, he was trying desperately to keep hold of his sanity through the confusion. Upon the first moment of clarity did he slowly reach for one of the two Pokeballs in hand and grabbed it before letting out the Pokemon within.

Thankfully, it was Cysero, the Porygon.

"Cysero," Neos strained to say before lowering his head further. "Autobattle." With that final word, Neos finally fell over onto his side, his focus enitrely on keeping his head together as he groaned in agony with sealed-shut eyes and a body that had been pulled into a fetal position. The Porygon nodded at the codework before turning towards the pair of spectral trees with a creepy grin that has absolutely no business being on a Normal-type Pokemon's face.

"Time for some FUN!"

It didn't need to be able to move around to unleash upon the pair a spray of light-purple beams, Psybeams, as the black dots in its eyes began to glow in order to Trace the ability of one of the two trees.

It was gonna be just a tad bit hard to confuse something that's already kind of off its rocker...

"So, it's the leader, huh?"

Without that damn kid messing around with Candice anymore, Elchi could now fully focus on helping her Aron to survive the Trevenant's attacks. Just in time too, as the Trevenant lunged angrily at Aron with an attack, while Isaac's Swinub failed to do any damages by body slamming it. Elchi rushed into Jiron, and grabbed him away moments before the Trevenant's attack hit him. Her Aron was still seemingly healthy enough after the last dose of Potion given to him earlier, but Elchi did realize that he shouldn't be able to keep using Head Smash at this rate of things. She looked at Aron's expression right now. Despite its eagerness to continue, it was clear that he wouldn't be able to pull off more than two more Head Smashes without doing something really bad to himself, even with him hardening himself before. Though, that should be more than enough. Elchi saw that Isaac ordered Porky, his Swinub, to dig a hole underground, preparing for an attack. With it and one hit from Aron, it would be enough damage to at least drove it away at worst. Though...she would need to make sure that Aron's attack would hit. After all, Head Smash had a horrible accuracy from what her Pokedex told her. Looking at Isaac and the Trevenant again, Elchi then got an idea.

"Hey, Isaac! When I give you the sign, have Porky attack the Trevenant!"

Immediately after he made him aware of what she had in mind, Elchi whispered something to Jiron, and he nodded a bit hearing it. He immediately leaped off from Elchi's hold, and ran away from the scene, leaving Elchi now alone facing the boss Trevenant. There were several rocks lying around her, and without much thinking, Elchi picked as much as she could, and started to throw them as hard as she could towards the ghost tree, one by one. At first, it didn't seem to mind her much as it was still trying to look for Jiron, but with more rocks thrown at it, it started to get more and more agitated towards Elchi, something that she planned. The Trevenant charged towards the girl, but due to its apparent paralysis, Elchi was able to run circles around it, throwing more rocks towards it while picking the ones she had thrown to be used again. It was a risky move, of course. And when Elchi was running around like that and played around with the Trevenant, she accidentally hit a snag, and fell down to the ground in a thud. The Trevenant was close to her at that time, and didn't waste the chance to immediately rush at her, its claws glowed green as it prepared its attack.

Just as planned.

"Jiron, Isaac, now!"

From behind a nearby bush, her Aron responded to her call and leapt towards the sky. It spun and spun around, spinning more and more rapidly with each second, and sparks appeared around him as he did so, before being turned into a blue blazing aura that encompassed his body as he charged down as fast as he could like a meteor once again. With the Trevenant being focused in attacking Elchi, it had no room to evade Jiron's charge, and his Head Smash hit it with full force, knocking him away from Elchi moments before it would do any harms to her. With the Trevenant away from Elchi, Jiron stood proudly as it looked up towards the sky and let out a victory cry, despite it knowing that the Trevenant was not defeated yet.

"Aaaaroooooonnnn!!"

"Well, I was planning on staying here in the forest for a few days."

Corinne shrugged at the words. She had had no particular plans beyond leaving as soon as possible because of the ghosts, but after seeing her companion's easy handling of the Trevenant yesterday, perhaps they'd be able to take them on between the two of them. She watched him start to make breakfast and briefly wondered if there'd be enough for her before shaking her head. As an older sister, she'd had to learn to do that stuff herself and not rely on others. The girl glanced around, wondering if there was anything she could help with. If they had been low on water, she could've tried to look for water (and as it was morning, there was little chance of her getting lost by ghosts). However, she still had plenty of water bottles and she was sure the young man next to her did as well. Perhaps gathering firewood if they were to stay in the same campsite? She'd read all about the ins and outs of camping out, and that was one of the things that was necessary, especially during cold nights. Thankfully, it was summer, but in this dangerous forest it was best to have some way to light up the darkness.

The dark-haired man eventually continued speaking after making sure the pan was hot enough to pour pancake batter in. "This is where I'm most likely to find other Bug Pokémon, so I plan to stay until I've caught a few of them.  There's one in particular I'd especially like to find, but given how elusive it is I might be here for a week or more."

Corinne nodded. "That makes sense." Spending a while in an area made it more likely to find rare Pokémon. As for herself... "As for me, I'm on the search for a few different species, but there's one I might find here if my guess is right...those Trevenant are ghost types, right?" It was a rarer ghost she was looking for, and one usually found in haunted buildings but there was always a chance...

The brunette watched James flip a pancake with practiced ease, smiling faintly at the nostalgia his action brought her. She was jolted from her reminiscence by his words: "By the way, could you get the steel plates out of my backpack?  It'll be easier to eat these if we have something to rest them on."

Immediately straightening, the girl set about the task with diligence, taking care not to glance around at the insides of the pack for privacy's sake. She couldn't help but notice another bag within marked dirty-something (it was partly covered by the steel plates she was looking for) but decided not to comment or think further on it and straightened, bringing the plates to him. "So, are we planning on staying in this spot for a while or are we going to be traveling throughout the forest?" She wasn't sure what he had meant by "this" but assumed it meant forest. Not that this spot was a bad place to look for bugs though. She didn't really mind, as all she had to do was wait for night and look around. Though if she found an old building that would be even better.

As Gastly approached Silver wanting to say hi, a gesture that Silver was unaware of at the time, it was assaulted by a flurry of Air slashes from the west, an attack that was enough to result in Gastly whimpering and fleeing. "What the heck was that?" Silver said out loud as he wanted to know what the source of the Air Slashes were, but with Gastly gone and him becoming even more tired, he decided not to bother and headed off to make camp for the night before things get worse.

~ ~ ~

The next morning, Silver awoke with renewed vigor after getting some much needed rest. Taking a bit of his breakfast bar, he outlined the plan for the day inside his head. "Right, first thing's first, I need to see if Corinne is ok, then I can... I mean we can get around to leaving the forest." Satisfied with his plan, Silver finished the last bites of his breakfast bar and hauled his bag onto his shoulder and headed off in the direction he was headed when the Gastly attacked.

Looking at what he had shot at Azure saw it was the boy with the Totodile. He did see some movement going deeper into forest, so he assumed the boy wasn't the only thing he had shot at. Smiling at what had happened Azure went after what had ran away in hopes he could get closer to the edge of the forest. Returning Nobu to his pokeball, Azure brought out a small cocktail stick and began to chew on it.

After a few minutes of walking Azure saw something move in his direction. Sending out Nobu, Azure set his bag down. He didn't know the size of the thing coming towards him so being as agile as possible would help. With the creature entering Azure's vision he saw it was another Trevenant. "Dammit, Nobu launch a couple of Air Slashes and run, you don't stand a chance if that thing hits you." Hearing his orders Nobu began to launch his Air Slash, with a few hitting the Trevenant but not damaging it much and it being fast than Azure expected it caught up to Nobu and its claws began to glow, hitting Nobu square in the chest. "Dammit, dammit, dammit. Why now?" Returning Nobu back before he got hurt anymore Azure decided to try his luck with Gatack, sending the Pinsir out Azure could see it was annoyed, "Gatack, I know you aren't really pleased with being caught but if you can try to beat this Trevenat I swear I will get you as much tree sap as you want." Upon hearing the last few words Gatack turned back to the Trevenant and charged, with its pincers beginning to glow blue. With Gatack trying to throw the Trevenant with little effect. Changing its tactics, Gatack tried to crush the tree instead with the same results. Getting more annoyed at the Trevenant, Gatack's pincers began to glow faintly green instead of the usually blue, upon striking the Trevenant again, it staggered backwards. Seeing an opening Azure shouted back to Gatack "Gatack, whatever you did do it again." Following it's instincts Gatack's pincers began glowing again, and began to rapidly strike the Trevenant.

After 10 minutes of back and forth battling the Trevenant started to back off, calling Gatack back to a more defensive position, Azure picked-up his bag and then returned Gatack. He hoped the Trevenant would know that he didn't know any harm. With the Trevenant walking back the way it came Azure sat down and sent Gatack out again, "Go one, there's sap in the trees right go ahead and have some." Hearing these word, Gatack walked over to the nearest tree and began to drink out of it. Bringing out his own drink, Azure settled down to try and get to sleep. He now knew what was watching him so getting a quick sleep shouldn't be to hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon waking up Azure set about to get changed. Looking around he saw Gatack was still nearby, smiling that the Pinsir seemed to want its promised sap, Azure returned him to his pokeball. Putting everything back into his bag, Azure started to jot down what happened before he slept and took a photo of the surrounding area. Hearing movement coming towards him Azure started to climb the tree he was resting against to see what was coming.

After a couple of minutes, Azure saw it was the boy with the Totodile, with it not being another mad Trevenant Azure dropped from the lowest branch to try and introduce himself. "You looking for something or the way out. Either or, I could use the company of another so how about he team up for a bit, I'm Azure by the way."

"For the last time, can you please let go of my arm? I'm not scared now....N-Not that I was scared before!" - Emily was a bit flustered, Naomi being too close to her for her liking. The road leading from the forest to Bagu Town was unusually barren. Since cutting down trees outside the forest was okay, the land was pretty much flat. The path was made of cobble, and a couple of Pokemon could be seen prancing around. A couple of Dedenne walked near Emily, Naomi and Alexander as they left the forest. 

"Finally...If I see another Trevenant..." - Emily interrupted herself, as Quoia looked at her with angry eyes - "E-Except for you, of course Quoai. Not that you'll be evolving anytime soon." - Emily made a mental note to get an Everstone, as she looked above, and saw that they were, in fact, getting near Bagu Town. Since it was quite early and they wouldn't stay the night, they probably would skip past the town. The houses were as unremarkable as they could get, and they all resembled small wooden cabins. A small pond ran through the town, the water possibly coming from the lake in the forest. A group of children could be seen playing in the water with the Pokemon. 

"We should probably hit the Pokemon Center and leave. There's not much to do here, apparently." - Something bothered Emily thou. And this time it wasn't Naomi, even thou she was still holding Emily's arm tightly. 

Archived