Pokemon, the Forbidden Star [IC - Not Accepting - PG-16]

Durandamon

Soon after Elchi left the Pokèmon Center, Isaac proposed that they start there journey and head off into Midori Forest. Isaac then bent down and looked at his furry companion. "Ready to go Porky?" The enthusiastic swine let out a happy-sounding snort as it jumped about.

"Oh, right, Candice, was it? We still don't really known anything about you. Do you mind telling us a bit about yourself before we head off?"

As he waited for a response, Isaac thought deeply about what Candice had said when she first met Elchi and himself. 'What's happening with these visions appearing whenever someone reminds me of...' He didn't continue, as he thought he would burst into tears if he thought any longer.

(PS: On my phone, so no colours.)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Okay, Emily thanks for the info, i wanted to visit the sanctuary anyway, so it's better for me" Alexander said.

"Both your pokémons have really cute names, Quoia, like Sequoia i guess, and Knight which i found funny for a cutesy pokémon like Hoppip, but anyway let's get going, i think we had enough adventures for today"

They continued walking, but the forest just never ended

"Wow, are we like running around in circles?!"

"We might aswell take another break, we've been walking for hours now!" He said to the others while sitting down and preparing a picnic

It was almost dinner time, and he was very worried, because that meant they all probably had to stay for the night in there, with the ghosts

"I might aswell introduce Calaca to Llorona" He said while letting them out to play in the forest.

"Oh i just realized i haven't scanned my Ninjask"

Ninjask, the Ninja Pokémon

Bug/Flying

Nature: Naive

Ability: Speed Boost

Level: 6

Moves: Bug Bite

Scratch

Leech Life

Sand Attack

"Cool, thanks pokédex"

"Your Pinsir is ready." Azure heard Nurse Joy call over to him. Walking over to collect Pinsir's Pokéball. Knowing that Nobu would take longer though to the Pinisr's strength Azure decided to head to the Pokémart to purchase some supplies before heading back into the woods. Just before leaving the Pokécenter it occurred to Azure that he hadn't named his Pinsir yet. Opening his Pokédex to register its name he began thinking what would be a good name for a stag beetle. After a few minutes Azure decided on Gatack. Closing over the Pokédex, Azure headed to the Pokémart.

Upon arriving Azure looked around. He was glad most Pokémarts had the same layout. Heading over to the medicines section, Azure picked up a few antidotes, paralyze heals and awakening. Heading towards the till, Azure brought out the money for the items. After paying, Azure headed back to the Pokécenter to pick up Nobu.

~~~~

Arriving back at Midori Forest, Azure decided he would try to train Gatack up to try and build up their bond. Sending out Gatack, Azure looked around, he never liked thick forest, there was always the feeling you were being watched. Looking back at Gatack, the Pinsir looked angry. That was acceptable, Pinsir were usually temperamental Pokémon anyway. Seeing a couple of Rattata, Azure decided they would be useful to see if Gatack would listen to him. "Gatack, Focus Energy," Gatack looked at Azure then back to the Rattata and then its pincers began to glow blue, "now Vice Grip." Gatack rushed towards the Rattata and grabbed the closest one with its pincers. "Gatack finish it with Seismic Toss." Gatack then threw the Rattata towards the other one resulting in a double knock out. Relieved that Gatack obeyed him Azure brought out some tree sap he brought from the Pokémart, due to the amount of bug Pokémon around tree sap was sold as standard merchandise. Giving it to Gatack, Azure called for him to follow and headed off following the path.

After 10 minutes of walking Azure found himself to be lost. He thought he saw a Scyther and headed after it but it just ended up to be a Sewaddle family. Sighing, Azure tried to retrace his steps. Stumbling, Azure came across the path again ad began following it.

"I'm back!"

Around twenty minutes had passed since Elchi left the group, and now she was approaching the others with her completely restored Aron walking alongside her, looking quite happy. Thankfully the two had been roughly in the same location since she left, otherwise things would be awkward for her. With her bag on her back and her camera hanging over her neck, she was completely ready for an adventure for the sake of adventure.

To meet new friends, and to find her old partner again.

"Hey, you two are ready for adventure, right?"

She might be far too cheery than even her normal self, but really, she didn't care. The fact that Jiron had been restored and how she's going to go on another adventure really pumped her excitement and mood.

"Hey Isaac and Candance, how about a race? Last one to reach Midori Forest must give a treat to the rest!"

Without even waiting for Isaac and Candice to respond, Elchi turned around, scooped Jiron as fast as she could, before she started to run as fast as she could towards the forest's entrance.

Yeah, she might be far too cheerful than she should be.

It was getting darker by the minute, and they weren't getting any closer to the exit, it seemed. The hoot of a Noctowl made the already-scared Emily jumped up in surprise, hugging the closest thing available. That happened to be Naomi. Emily thanked it was dark enough so that she didn't see her blushing - "S-Sorry...I don't like darkness to be honest. But if we have to stay the night..." - Emily took a knee and opened her bag, pulling out a carefully folded tent - "This should be enough for the three of us, if we don't manage to leave before it gets completely dark..."

-------------------------

For anybody walking around the woods, one'd noticed the paths would change, and backtracking got you to different places. Unless you had eyes behind your back, you wouldn't be able to see the Trevenants shifting positions, almost as if the forest was playing a trick on the trainers, or setting up a trap.

Naomi had no concept of how long they were traveling for. Though as it got darker, she started to get more aware. Mostly because she was excited to see these ghosts that Number 2 had hinted about earlier. She had even decided to give Princess a bit of a break, sending her back into her Pokeball and walking on her own for the first time today.

She stretched and grinned at her new friends. "I have a great feeling bout this place."

Not too long after, she was rewarded for her enthusiasm with a startled hug from Blushy. Naomi had an urge to hug back but the other girl broke off before she could. She laughed off Blushy's apology, though she herself was blushing a bit at the sudden contact. How odd.

"S-Sorry...I don't like darkness to be honest. But if we have to stay the night...This should be enough for the three of us, if we don't manage to leave before it gets completely dark..."

"Oh, you're so prepared! I picked the best partner." Naomi bragged.

Though it was strange. Now that Naomi was paying attention she noticed they should have gotten out of the forest by now. In fact, this area looked really similar to... "We've been here before." She realized, saying it out loud. "Did we go in a circle?" That didn't seem possible, it had been a straight line for a while, unless she dozed off that is....Oh well, just meant she would get more chances to see those ghosts.

Speaking off which. "Hey what's that over there?" She could have sworn she saw a hand over by those bushes.... "Imma go check it out."

Naomi crept closer to the bushes, and stuck her head over the top. If there had been something there it was nowhere to be found now. "Ha, guess it was nothin'."

Had she been paying closer attention she might have noticed the purple figure that had rushed away from the bushes as she made her approach, fast enough to not be recognizable to the others but slow enough to be noticed had they been watching.

"Wow this forest is very dark at night, but at least the sky view from here is beautiful" Alexander said.

"Did we go in a circle?" he heard Naomi say "I don't know, though this place is familiar..."

"Wow the full moon is beautiful tonight, let me take a picture" He said while taking out his Polaroid.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" He screamed, the photo had developed, and instead of the moon the face of an Haunter appeared.

"I think we're being spied..." "Let's just set the camp up, this place is very creepy at night, and we already got lost..."

Midori Forest was quite vast, in fact Silver would imagine that it is larger than the Ilex Forest back in Johto, so it'd be easy to see how one would get lost, but perhaps there'll be an opportunity to catch some pokemon.As he passed on through with Corinne, he saw various pokemon that was familiar to him in this environment like Paras feeding in the bushes and Oddish takin a gentle stroll. Silver was fairly sure that common pokemon like those, as peaceful as they looked, weren't pokemon he was looking for, not that he had any idea what he would be looking for anyway.

"Want to keep walking or take a break?" Corinne asked as she turned to Silver who halted as soon as he heard her speak. "I think it would be a good idea to take a quick snack break, it'll give us more energy for the rest of the trek." When he had finished his sentence, Silver sought a tree in the near distance where they can take a break, whilst reaching for some chocolate in his bag.

Reaching the destination, he stretched his arms before unwrapping the chocolate bar, however he wouldn't be tasting any of it as a mischievous Pansear leapt from a nearby branch to steal the food. When he realised it was stolen, Silver snapped. "Why you-... you're going to pay for that."

"Hey, you two are ready for adventure, right?"

Elchi looked a lot more cheerful and excited than usual.

"Hey Isaac and Candance, how about a race? Last one to reach Midori Forest must give a treat to the rest!"
Before either got a chance to respond Elchi was off! She had already picked up her Aron and was sprinting towards the forest entrance. "Porky, let's go!" The duo started to run towards the entrance, and due to Isaac's large muscles, he easily overtook Elchi, who was at a disadvantage from her heavy Aron. "Almost there!" Isaac shouted.

"That was a close one, wasn't it Haunter?" The small, brown-haired boy said to his Ghost-type partner. "Don't want to get caught to early in the game."

The boy, whose name was Dennis, was hiding up in a tree overlooking a small clearing where the three trainers stood, looking about in confusion. They entered the forest without knowing anything about it, how stupid. "That boy, he looks weak. A Bug? And not even a STRONG Bug." His eyes drifted to the females of the group. "They're kinda cute I guess but nothing special. They don't look very tough either. The girl that had that Rhyhorn seems like a total idiot."

He carefully made his way down to the ground, making sure not to make a noise. "We'll follow them for a little while longer, see if we can get a few more scares out of them before looking for someone more fun. I don't think they'll be reaching the exit any time soon. If someone does though, I want to be there and teach them who's the king of this forest."

True to his word he followed the three travelers as they stumbled their way through the forest. Every so often he'd send his Haunter out to pass closely behind them, occasionally reaching out and grabbing one. Once he had his fill of tricks, and once they started to seem like they were catching onto him, he left.

There was a lot of new people around today, maybe another group would prove even more entertaining. He eventually came upon another group of three. Two girls and a guy again. The guy looked kinda tough, probably some kind of dumb jock. That taller of the girls...average looking. She had an Aron though and that was somewhat rare.

And the third... "Oh." She was the single most beautiful person he had ever seen. Dennis found himself blushing. Haunter looked over at Dennis worriedly and the boy snapped out of it. He needed to focus on...um...what was he doing again?

Oh right. "Haunter, use Curse on that Aron." Haunter glowed slightly, as the strange imaginary spike was driven through its ghostly body. Dennis never quite understood how this move worked but all he knew was it did. The Aron immediately began to feel the effects, slowly losing its HP. Spraying Haunter with a Potion to recover his strength, Dennis gave another order.

"When their attention is elsewhere, go and use Lick on that muscle-head, and get out before he knows what hit him, let's see how he like that. Kekekeke..."

Looking around Azure knew he would get anywhere. It seemed that he had been walking in circles for the past hour. Deciding to set up camp, Azure looked for a clearing which would allow him to get a fire up safely. He had intended to get out of the forest as quickly as possible but he could swear the trees were moving, that and he still felt like something was watching him. 

After walking for another few minutes, Azure found a clearing and sat down. After getting a small pit dug out Azure sent Gatack out to cut wood into manageable pieces. Upon getting the fire set up, Azure got out a sleeping bag and put out the last of his tree sap for Gatack"This is the main reason you listen to me isn't it? Never mind, all I can do is hope I can get more once I'm out of the forest." Before settling down, Azure brought out his notepad and started to write down the more recent events. Going back over his notes he saw that there was a trainer, a lot older than the rest, who had a Weedle. Deciding that he might know how to get Gatack to listen to him, Azure set him as a goal. Returning Gatack to his Pokéball, Azure lay down and tried to get to sleep. He would need to get out the forest tomorrow, the thought of being watched made him paranoid.

After half a hour Azure woke up. Sighing to himself, he decided that he would just try to get out of the forest. Looking around he saw that the clearing was a lot smaller than when he first arrived. Putting the fire out, Azure grabbed his torch and began walking, looking for the path. "I really should have got a travel companion before setting off, not only am I talking to myself, I'm in the middle of a forest which is near impossible to get out of. Being alone like this, with no-one knowing where the heck I am is annoying." Azure sighed again, not only was he talking to himself he was beating himself up over his inability to ask people a simple question. Picking up a small stone Azure throw it and after it hit off a tree, he could swear he heard something or someone cry out.

"I think it would be a good idea to take a quick snack break, it'll give us more energy for the rest of the trek."

Corinne nodded agreement. She was getting a bit tired. It didn't help that she had absolutely zero stamina. When they reached their destination, she yawned and slid to the ground bonelessly. Taking out a granola bar, she unwrapped it and took a bite, savoring the taste of almonds and dried fruit.

"Why you-... you're going to pay for that."

Hm? The girl glanced to the side, noting her companion's trouble. Silver had shouted at a Pansear that had stolen his chocolate bar. "Um...I don't think he needs help...?" the girl tipped her head to the side in thought before shaking her head. "Nah, let's leave that one to him." She continued munching her granola bar, giving a bite to her Horsea before finishing. She still felt a little hungry, but realized that it would be best to not eat too much. Exercising on a full stomach could be torture sometimes. The girl rubbed her stomach sorrowfully before leaning her head back against the tree. It wasn't the most comfortable of places to take a nap, but...

Clonk.

"Ow! By Kyogre!" Corinne cursed, rubbing her head gingerly. "I've been getting constantly interrupted every time I try to take a nap," she grumbled. "First those cursed bugs and now this! What was that anyway?" she glanced down. "What the--?" As a teacher-in-training, the girl was familiar with hundreds of different species of Pokémon. Mainly water types, rare starters such as Torchic, and others. She had managed to recognize all the Pokémon her fellow trainers had here in Hoshi. However, this one in front of her...

Is that a...pinecone? The brunette rubbed her head one last time before aiming her Pokédex at the creature in front of her. The machine beeped to show it sensed the presence of a Pokémon before speaking in a mechanical voice.

Pineco, the bagworm Pokémon. It likes to make its shell thicker by adding layers of tree bark. The additional weight doesn't bother it. It looks just like a pinecone. Its shell protects it from bird Pokémon that peck it by mistake.

According to her dex, nicknamed Dexio, it was a bug type. She would've expected grass, but wasn't there another bagworm Pokémon that was also a bug type? Burmy, that was it. Corinne had studied that Pokémon's fascinating evolutionary divergence. Not only did the gender matter, but if it was a female, then so did the location. Is this Pokémon any similar? Only one way to find out. Before the girl could even throw a Poké Ball, however, the bug started rolling away, quite quickly actually.

Watching the progress with a raised eyebrow, Corinne jogged after the pinecone and picked it up, not noticing that there was quite a bit of distance between her and her traveling companion now. It closed its eyes, seeming to grin at her, and she rolled her own. "Hmm. You're a little handful, aren't you?" she asked, raising her ball and pressing it against its side. With a click and a swoosh, the bug glowed red and entered the ball. It wobbled for a few seconds before cracking and in a flash of white, the Pokémon broke free. The girl could've sworn she heard a raspberry noise from it.

"All right then, guess it's a battle you want," she grinned. "Dru, go! Use Octazooka!"

The seahorse nodded before shooting a bullet of black ink at his opponent. His aim was true, and it splashed right across the bagworm's eyes, blinding it. The brunette nodded to herself and was about to throw another ball when the Pokémon suddenly let out what sounded suspiciously like a gleeful cackle, body glowing white.

Corinne's eyes widened. She recognized that glow. "Crap..."

And then the whole area she was in exploded.

---

In the aftermath of the explosion, a girl with her now-spiked brown hair tied up in a ponytail coughed out black smoke. She looked like she'd been dragged through a coal mine, her once pristine white labcoat charred at the edges and more black smoke on her glasses. Taking them off to wipe them on the clean parts of her shirt, she sighed. "You are more trouble than you are worth," she grumbled at a small, innocent-looking pinecone.

Nearby, a small blue seahorse twitched in agreement.

The brunette sighed, and threw a Poké Ball at the pinecone, looking unsurprised at the fact that it barely shook before stilling, the ding of a successful capture ringing in the air. If one listened, they could hear the phrases "stupid bug," and "need to get a new labcoat now" spilling from smoke-blackened lips.

Then she turned to approach the seahorse, her normally cold brown eyes softened in concern. "What about you, Dru? Are you okay?"

The Horsea nodded, letting out a tired trill. He had been on the outskirts of the blast, while his trainer had been closer to the center.

The girl stooped and picked him up, and then turned to reluctantly pad over to the small red-and-white ball on the ground. Groaning, she picked that up as well. "I don't feel like dealing with you right now," she muttered. "Let's check up on Silver. He's probably done with his own problem by now." At least he had been out of range of the explosion. The brunette started walking, trying to remember the path she had gone. "I think it's this way..." she muttered to herself, ignoring her Horsea partner's look of concern. But nothing looked familiar...and it seemed the forest itself was shifting around her. Wait, why was that? "What's going on...?" she whispered, a trickle of worry entering her mind despite herself. "This...I'm lost, aren't I?"

[hr]

“Damn, I lost~!”

Despite running as fast as she could, that boy Isaac managed to outrun Elchi, and he managed to reach the forest before she or Candice could. Well, it’s definitely not a big deal for her, after all, it’s not really an actual race to take seriously, as the two others should’ve known. With her realizing that she wouldn’t reach the forest first, she slowed her run until it was simply a stroll, so Candice can catch up with her and the two then went towards the forest’s entrance together.

“Heh, you’re quite good at running, huh? Next time, I won’t lose!” Elchi said semi-playfully to Isaac. She definitely couldn’t exactly wait to arrive at the forest and start her time as a proper trainer, to be strong enough to protect her partner this time-

“A-roo-n…”

Her Aron suddenly started to writhe, as if it was afflicted by something. It was not exactly clear about what happened, but Elchi started to panic as she realized that Aron was getting more and more hurt as each second passed. It was as if he was cursed or some sort.

“Isaac, do you know what-

Hey, watch out!”

A purple shade moved at high speed towards Isaac, though, faster than her warning and Isaac’s reaction, Jiron rose up and launched himself at the shade with a Head Smash, and revealing that it was a Haunter. Jiron, still barely standing after his reckless charge at the Haunter, moved to stand between Isaac and the Haunter. Before he could hurt himself more, Elchi rushed towards him and gave him a Super Potion she had left on her bag, restoring his health to a less concerning level with it.

With it being a Haunter, it was clear now that the thing that affected her Aron was Curse, more likely than not. Though, if it’s really weird that the Haunter still survived the Head Smash after using Curse, as if something healed him. And that was when Elchi suspected that the Haunter might belong to someone, also due to how precise it moved, as if it was being ordered to do something by someone, which pretty much translates into it belonging to a trainer, more likely than not.

“Isaac, Candice, think you two can watch over Jiron for a bit? There’s something concerning me at the moment, I’m going to look around here. Don’t let him hurt himself too much, ok?”

If that’s really the work of a trainer, then Elchi would unleash her pent up rage and frustration at whoever this trainer is, for daring to harm her Jiron without even doing a proper battle.

[hr]

This had been a wonderful night so far.

Naomi was grinning ear to ear as they made their way through the forest. It was as if the forest knew exactly what she had wanted. Something was following them. Naomi wondered if she should be concerned, but it was just so fun that she couldn't bring herself to care. Especially not with the delightful reactions from her traveling companions.

Particularly Blushy, who seemed nearly glued to her side during this whole adventure.

However there was something she was concerned with. "Hey guys...did you ever notice how some'v the trees look kinda.....aggressive around here?"

[hr]

"Hey no fair you're both taller than me!" Candice complained playfully, with a bright grin on her face. The size difference didn't stop her from trying her hardest to keep up with the two older trainers. However the big guy made it there first. Well that's not nice shouldn't he be nicer to his girlfriend? Well, it looked like she didn't mind so it was all good either way.

"Woooooah, this forest is coooool!" Candice exclaimed, happily skipping along beside the other two. There were so many different Pokemon all over the place. Some were really cute, though none as cute as Green Baby of course. She gave her precious Pokemon a loving squeeze.

Suddenly tragedy struck as Enchilada's Aron seemed to be sick. And then some crazy purple thing came outta nowhere. It was super exciting!

Where had it come from though? Candice noticed something moving off to the side and decided to go over and check it out.

It was a boy! One not much taller than herself. "Heya!" She said waving happily. "What are you doing over here in the bushes? My name's Candice what's yours?" Candice cocked her head to the side, then smiled "Oh and this is Green Baby" she said, shoving her Solosis forward and nearly into the boy's face. He seemed to be startled, and was blushing quite a bit. Candice smiled brightly, waiting for a response.

[hr]

Damn it damn it damn it. That horrible girl and her horrible Aron hurt his Haunter and interrupted his fun. She would pay for that somehow. Haunter seemed to still be conscious, though just barely. So he knew he would be smart enough to get out of there and not go directly to where Dennis was hiding, he should be able to....

"Heya!" Dennis' eyes widened as he noticed the absolutely beautiful girl he has seen before standing next to him. How did, when did....Dennis couldn't think straight, she was right there, inches away. And she was TALKING to him. What should he do? "What are you doing over here in the bushes? My name's Candice what's yours? Oh and this is Green Baby"

"U-u-uh I'm Dennis. I'm just um...um...I gotta go!" Dennis prepared to flee. There was a reason he didn't confront people directly. He couldn't. Especially not someone as pretty as her.
He couldn't move, however, and found himself staring at her. Candice, such a pretty name...even her voice was pretty....Dennis only snapped to his sense to notice Haunter had returned, and was looking between Dennis and the clearing in a panic. What could possibly be so important....Ah.

The Aron's trainer was heading his way. And she looked angry.

"Hey guys...did you ever notice how some'v the trees look kinda.....aggressive around here?"

"Yes, i've noticed that, too" Alexander said to Naomi

"Well, now we should start to set the campfire, i'll search for wood while you build the tent ok?" he asked to the girls.

"Bwahhhhhhhhh!" He screamed while the tree that he wanted to chop down started moving and attacking him.

He ran back to the girls, he was almost crying.

"Is that thing gone?!" He said while looking back.

"Nope!" And they all started running chased by a bunch of angry tree pokémons.

"Pokédex i need your help!"

Trevenant, the Elder Tree Pokèmon

Ghost/Grass type

He's very protective towards his forest and will try to hunt down who tries to harm it.

"I think we'll have to battle if we want to survive the night!"

Emily was terrified, but Naomi seemed to enjoy having Emily clinging on her arm. If the night was scary, it turned into a nightmare sooner than later. Alexander came running, and, to the group's demise, the forest came running behind him.

"I think we'll have to battle if we want to survive the night!"

"Are you out of your mind!?" - Emily held Spike tight in one hand and Naomi's arm with the other and started running in the opposite direction. Emily soon realized this was stupid. A big portion of the trees were Trevenants, and every turn they took led to a dead end. She was bawling her eyes out at this point, and Spike looked oblivious to the situation, chirping with happiness.

After what seemed like hours (actually a couple of minutes) of running, they got to a clearing in the woods with a pronounced rise in front of them. To the right, a hole in the stones formed a big cave. Behind them, the Trevenants were catching up to them. - "Do we have another choice?" - reluctantly, Emily made her way into the cave.

The place itself was spacious, although a bit too humid. A hole on the cave's ceiling let in the moonlight. Emily dropped to the floor, exhausted. 

The sound of an explosion disturbed the relative peace of the evening that James and his Pokémon had been enjoying, with the young boy and both of those with him quickly turning to look in the direction it had come from.  Not wanting to risk that someone out there was hurt and in need of assistance, the male rose from his seat to make his way off in that direction.  Just to be safe, he brought Aife along and had her leave a trail of string on the ground for them to follow back to his campsite.  Harte was left behind to keep strangers and strange Pokémon from stumbling into the camp.

The forest seemed to be far darker than would be expected at night, and James was quite glad for the trail he was having Aife leave in their wake.  The trails he'd followed during the day seemed to be gone, and he had very little idea of where he was going save for the direction he'd heard the explosion coming from.  Soon enough, he also heard what he thought was the faint sound of a voice coming from the same area.  He of course readied himself in the case that it was some or another ghost type Pokémon playing a prank, but carried on all the same.

"Hello?!"  He called out, hoping to find whoever it was that was speaking.  "Is anyone there?  I heard an explosion!"  He continued making his way in that direction, hopeful to find anyone that needed help.  There was also the fact that he'd made a bit too much in the way of dinner for just himself, and thus felt like he should find someone else to eat with him so it didn't go to waste.

As the three walked into the forest, Isaac noticed Aron slowing down and looking hurt. "Uh... Elchi?" Isaac looked left and saw a purple ghost floating towards him, but before it could reach him Elchi's Aron jumped up in front of him and bashed its skull into the ghost. As Isaac started to calm down, he saw Candice walking over to what looked like a young boy hiding behind a tree. She started to speak to him as the Haunter floated calmly next to him. "What are you doing over here in the bushes? My name's Candice what's yours? Oh and this is Green Baby." The boy started to sweat and started to look scared and embarrassed. "U-u-uh I'm Dennis. I'm just um...um...I gotta go!" Even though he said that, he didn't move, and Elchi, who looked extremely angry, started to walked up to him.

"That... was his Haunter! How dare he try to strike a trainer!" Isaac also started to walk towards him, and he started to sweat even more than before. Just as Elchi was about to speak, Isaac stopped her. "HEY YOU!" The boy became frightened and looked like he was about to run.

Suddenly, Isaac's face was struck with terror. Behind that boy was a walking tree. A WALKING TREE! "B-B-Behind you! A-A l-living tree!" Isaac attempted to scan it with his Pokedex:

Unidentifiable Pokemon

'I can't be a wuss now! I have to take it out!'

"Go, Porky! Attack!"

Underneath a purpling sky, tree branches swayed in the wind, their creaking the only sound Corinne could hear. The Pokémon had gone silent. Whether the sudden lack of noise stemmed from the explosion or something more ominous, the girl couldn't say. What she could say was that it was creepy.

"Why oh why did I have to go and get lost?" the girl moaned. "According to the Town Map, the path cuts straight through the forest. In addition the compass I bought showed that Silver and I have been traveling due east, with a slight southern tilt." The brunette shook her head, glasses askew. "Was the map wrong? Was I wrong?" her breath started to hitch and she could feel a panic attack coming on. "But I prepared! I did everything correctly! I even made sure to check both map and compass every ten minutes to make sure we were on track!" A manic spark entered the girl's normally emotionless brown eyes, but it was extinguished when a cloud of bubbles popped in her face.

"Thanks Dru," the brunette sighed, glancing down at the glaring Horsea in her arms. "Sorry for that, I just..." It's a lot different out here...in the real world. At least in school everything's predictable.

To concentrate on something other than her absolute failure to plan, Corinne decided to continue walking in the direction she was fairly sure was the right way. Or at least, the way that had the least amount of trees in her path. There was something about those trees...well, she didn't want to get any closer to them than she could help, even though she was in a forest. She could feel her stamina fading already though. She really needed to get in shape. She hadn't thought she would need to, since teaching was a fairly mental task rather than physical, but had failed to account for the fact that trainers needed to be in shape to do all the traveling they did. Another failure on her part. Today was just full of them.

"Hello?!" a voice called.

Corinne's head shot up, bumping into a low-hanging tree branch as she did so. Stifling a curse, the girl rubbed her head before blinking owlishly at the direction the voice was coming from. She thought she heard a rustling sound from above, but a glance upward revealed nothing but the swaying tree she was under. Shrugging her shoulders, she stumbled her way over roots and under branches toward the voice. It could be a ghost...but it could not be. Thankfully, the girl wasn't scared of ghosts. Centipedes, on the other hand...

"Is anyone there? I heard an explosion!"

Realizing it'd probably be polite to answer, the girl shouted. "Yes, I'm here!" She paused to contemplate her ragged looks. The explosion and subsequent crawling through the underbrush had reduced her previously well-groomed, student president appearance to that of a mad scientist. Ugh. I'll have to clean up when I get to town, I guess. I wonder if Silver or the others would even recognize me like this. The only thing about her unchanged was the small blue seahorse in her arms.

Corinne finally found the owner of the voice when she lifted another tree branch from her path. It was pretty dark, but she could tell it was one of the trainers from before: an older male with long, shaggy dark hair and an eyepatch. He was the person that used the Weedle, if she recalled correctly. He was fairly recognizable, and she thought she could see the Weedle behind him, silvery thread trailing behind it.

"Oh! Hello there, were you the one calling out?" the brunette asked pleasantly, attempting to pretend away her rough appearance with a smile. She could hear more rustling from behind her, but dismissed it as nothing.

Naomi hadn't expected to be running today. That was slightly bothersome, but it was kinda exciting too. She would have slowed down more to enjoy the ghost attack but Blushy seemed to have other plans.

Once they reached a cave, the group all relaxed a bit. All that action made Naomi quite tired yet again. She wondered if the cave was enough to keep the trees out, but shrugged, whatevs, what happens happens.

"You okay there Number 2?" Naomi asked the frightened boy. He seemed worse off than even Blushy.

Naomi looking at Blushy "I thought ya were gonna squeeze my arm off there." Smiling at the girl's reaction, Naomi continued. "Don't worry about it though, s'all good." She was tired though, all that running...Naomi decided to take a nap.

And she did so by placing her head in Blushy's lap, and refusing to move. "Nighty night time...."

[hr]

Things were getting out of hand. The other two were approaching, both seemed upset. And Dennis still couldn't take his eyes off that girl...."B-B-Behind you! A-A l-living tree!"

Living...Dennis turned around. "Ah...them." Trevenant. They were common in this forest. Though they usually attacked when something stirred them...oh right...this many travelers was bound to make them active. Dennis cursed himself for a fool, he should have realized and gotten out of her sooner.

Well no worries, he would use them. There were a pair of angry trainers here and this would be the perfect chance to escape.

Except.

His eyes turned back towards Candice and he blushed again. He couldn't just leave her...the others sure, but....Damn.

"Haunter, you're hurt but you can still fight right? Use Smog on that Trevenant!"

The cloud of poisonous substance struck the tree Pokemon, hitting it for decent damage and...yes! Poisoned!

Dennis couldn't help but grin at the success of the attack. The grin faded as he noticed another Trevenant coming into view close behind the first. More would follow, he was certain.

Why didn't he run again? Oh, right. ignoring the other two, they would be good bait, he spoke to the beauty before him. "C-candice r-right? C-come on we should get out of here!"

The bird thought it was seeing things, occasionally seeing a limb or two moving slightly on its own accord around it. Daring to look around itself, the Budew tried desperately to pull itself into its center, the pain from all of the thoughts flowing from around it into its head hurting it greatly.

"The Trevenant, they're waking up," the Budew managed to groan in pain, eyes closed shut tightly.

"The what?" One of the more-awake trees, hearing this statement, turned towards the Budew and growled, one of its hands beginning to glow with a dark energy before daring to bring it down upon the tiny creature as if to snuff out a potential problem at the literal bud.

However, the tree-like Pokemon didn't get to connect, for the greying Pidgeot swooped down and grabbed the little Pokemon from the path of attack before bringing it up into the air, the distance from so many minds helping to ease its headache.

"Th...thank you, Neos."

"I'm guessing you're a Mind Reader," it chirped in curiosity, a hint of concern present.

"Is that why I can hear everyone's thoughts?" A simple nod came from the Pidgeot before it dared to open its muzzle to ask a particular question. "And yes, my family did abandon me."

"That wasn't how I was gonna ask it, but alright... If you want, you can come with me." The Budew looked up towards the Pidgeot's odd eyes, a glimmer of hope in its own.

"You can help me?"

Another nod came from the bird at this question. "Though the first lessons will be helping you learn how to turn that move on and off as needed before moving into learning how to focus it on certain targets...also, what's a Tre...Treven..."

"Trevenant?"

"Yeah."

A few seconds of silence passed before either of them said something. "You're a Pokemon and you don't know what one is?"

(He's just above the forest, fyi. And no, he doesn't know about any of the 6th Gen Pokemon.)

Hearing multiple explosions going off around the forest, Azure looked around trying to find the closest one. When something interesting was happening he wanted to know what it was so despite being tired from walking and lack of sleep, Azure headed in the direction of the closest one. Still unable to shake the feeling he was being watched, Azure looked around once more. Picking up another stone and throwing it, he heard yet another cry. Walking over to a tree Azure sat down. He was in no real rush and he was sure that more excitement would happen before he got out of the forest. Thinking he saw movement Azure started to head off again. He would be glad if it was another person not matter who they maybe, all he needed was to know he wasn't the only one stuck in the forest.

After 10 minutes of walking with no signs of movement, Azure decided that he may as well try to get his bearings and see how roughly how far away the towns could be. Finding a sturdy tree Azure began to climb. Upon reaching the top, Azure felt movement from surrounding trees. Shining light on them he brought out his Pokédex and scanned around.

Trevenant, the Elder Tree Pokémon

Grass/Ghost

It can control trees at will. It will trap people who harm the forest, so they can never leave.

Sighing at his luck, Azure decided that he would probably be safer in a tree for the time being. Looking around to see any other lights Azure saw two groups of them an equal distance apart. He knew from that he was roughly half way through the forest but still had no idea which way to go. Checking to see if there was any more movement, Azure started to climb down the tree and head towards what he believed to be Bagu Town.

"What the hell is your problem actually?"

Ignoring the emerging Trevenants, Elchi went towards that man that had his Haunter using curse on Jiron earlier. She was looking completely furious, and the sweet, friendly girl from earlier couldn't be seen from her expression now. Despite everything, what happened earlier was not a trainer battle in the slightest, and him messing around with her Aron like that really pissed her off.

"What's with issuing proper challenge? What's with politeness? What's with acting considerate? Your Haunter's stronger than our Pokemon, right? If you challenge us two and curbstomp us, it'd be better eventhough I'll still be annoyed, but this?

I don't care who you are, how old are you, what kind of trainer you are, how many badges you have, you've messed with my Jiron.

That's enough reason to rough you up."

Elchi cracked her knuckles as she went towards the Haunter-guy, Despite being bigger than her, his body language indicated that he was some kind of coward, and he's seemingly trying to ask Candice to run from the trees now.

Oh no, Elchi wouldn't let him run away with one of her new friend after hurting her other friend beforehand.

[divider1]

Meanwhile, Jiron noticed that the boy with the pig was looking surprised, and he turned around to see that the boy was pointing to some menacing-looking tree that crept from behind another guy. It looked quite strong, and Jiron was still recovering from the curse earlier.

It looked like one hell of a challenge, and Jiron would gladly take it on.

As the hairy pig started to attack it, once again Jiron leapt to the sky using his might, and positioned himself before he came crashing down as fast as he could towards the tree, headfirst. The friction between his steel body and the air as he did so created blue sparks, and it looked like he was coated in a blue aura.

This feeling of excitement, the feeling of thrill whenever he battled.

It was the only thing he could think of at the moment, and with that in mind, Jiron put up the best smirk an Aron could manage as he crashed towards the walking tree.

They continued to run from the Trevenants until they arrived to a cave where they're gonna hide for the night.

"You okay there Number 2?" Naomi asked.

"Yes thanks" Alexander replied.

"Nighty night time..." Naomi said while resting on Emily's lap.

"Hey Emily, if you want you can sleep too, i'll try to guard tonight, okay?"

Now he took out his notebook starting to draw the cute scene of Naomi sleeping on Emily.

He continued to draw until it was late, then he fell asleep too.

Candice had been oddly silent through all the chaos. First Isaac's eyes suddenly turned bloodshot upon meeting her, which caused her to recoil a bit and hesitate about talking to him again. Then Elchi up and left them both, going to the Pokemon center by herself. Granted she came back, but it resulted in an awkward period of silence where Candice was desperately trying to avoid eye contact. Then there was the whole running malarkey. Candice is generally quite a fan of running about for no particular reason, but Green Baby refused to float at that time, so she was forced to carry her. All 2.2 pounds of her... Which somehow slowed her down much more than Elchi's Aron. Maybe it's because she had to constantly stop to make sure her hat doesn't fall off.

For whatever reason, she finished dead last. But that's not gonna bring down her mood. No, she'll keep smiling and greet all that comes at her with a smile! Be it the forest, the bugs in said forest, the trees, or the Pokemon, she'd still have a cheery smile on her face. Even the odd kid that just suddenly appeared out of nowhere accompanied with a weird purple floating thing.

"U-u-uh I'm Dennis. I'm just um...um...I gotta go!"

Candice merely placed her index finger on her lips in confusion. She did her introduction perfectly, and the boy clearly wasn't in any rush to go anywhere, since he was just messing around with Elchi before, so she didn't understand why he would leave immediately. That'd be rude, wouldn't it?

"I can tell when people are lying, you know?" Candice sported a playful grin, completely oblivious to the murderous tree behind her. But instead of the boy responding like she expected, he instead ordered his Pokemon to attack something behind her back.

"C-candice r-right? C-come on we should get out of here!"

She got even more confused. She is absolutely, 100% oblivious to the Trevenant behind her. That is, until it made the unfortunate choice of tipping her hat over. The Poisoned Trevenant staggered and limped toward Candice and accidentally knocked her hat off using one of its big, claw-like limbs. Of course, that can only mean one thing. With speed comparable to that of world-class boxers, Candice turned her body around and delivered a swift, painful uppercut right to its eye. For a split-second, the cheery smile turned into a face of anger. In the blink of an eye, the poisoned Trevenant fell over backwards, reeling from the sudden fist to its eye. Candice paused for a bit to catch her breath before turning back to Dennis, who was getting approached by Elchi. She couldn't tell for sure, but her face looked angry.

Immediately, her pacifist heart sprang up. No fighting will be tolerated, especially between her friends. After grabbing her hat, she ran towards Elchi, blocking her way from Dennis. She held her arms out with a fierce glare, looking straight up at her new friend's eyes.

"Elchi! I don't know what issue you have with Dennis, but I'm not gonna forgive you if you hurt him! I don't wanna see fighting this early in our journey, okay?!" She could feel the anger in Elchi's eyes, and for a brief moment, she was indeed intimidated by the taller and older girl. But still, she won't back down. One can easily feel a tense atmosphere building between the two ladies, as neither seems to be willing to back down. Candice is very hardheaded when it comes to defending what she believes in. "I'm! Not! Gonna! Let! You! Get! Any! Closer!" Her gaze got sharper again.

Until Green Baby suddenly floated in slowly, ruining any tense atmosphere there might be. She fluttered elegantly at a snail's pace, taking a full 10 seconds just to get from the tip of Candice's outstreched arms to her favorite resting spot, Candice's flat hat. It even hopped once, as if to accentuate how inappropriate her timing is. A brief, awkward pause filled the area as her owner's eyes turned from that of determination to embarrassment.

"Waaah! Green Baby, I can't believe you'd do this to me!" She pulled down the squishy Cell Pokemon from her hat and held it firmly in her hands, her expression shows that she's just about ready to bawl her eyes out from the embarrassment. "That was supposed to be my cool moment! Stuuuupid, stuuuuupiiiiid!" She continued by stretching the poor thing as if its a plush toy, before suddenly pulling it up to hide her red face. "Elchi! I still meant what I said, okay?!"

With her eyes just peeking out of her Solosis-pillow, she sniffled for a bit after finishing her final statement to Elchi.

Archived