Pokemon, the Forbidden Star [IC - Not Accepting - PG-16]

Durandamon

"I...see.

Nah, it's okay. Don't worry much about it."

So it was indeed him thinking that she was someone he knew, Elchi thought. Still, from the looks of it, he's seemingly quite nice, and maybe she should go along with him, since everyone there was seemingly trying to move in groups, while trying to familiarize themselves with each other.

New trainers gotta roll with each other, after all.

"Yeah, it seems that everyone's-"

"Just to let you know, Smashy, the offer for a seat's for you too. Pretty sure that lil guy could use a rest."

"Ah, thanks!"

It was then she realized that the people that wanted to go with her was quite numerous, which was a pleasant surprise to her. Not accustomed to travel in groups due to her thinking that it'd be too restricting to her, losing her Skarmory made her rethink her stance on it. After all, all of them looked like they're quite a nice person-

"Hey, if anyone got wounded during that fight, bring them to me so I can heal them,"

It was then that she realized the presence of a shady-looking man and his Porygon among the people on the group. It's just...how should she put it...he looked really off, especially among the group of the new trainers here. And he wanted to get people to get their Pokemon to him so he could 'heal' them.

Her Aron, even after munching happily on the Oran berry Emily gave to him, he was still looking pretty weak and drained from all the fighting with the bug swarm. And the man wanted Elchi to bring Jiron to him.

No, not after everything that had happened.

She would not lose another one of her partner again. Not this time.

"A-ah...

I'm sorry, but I think I'll have to leave alone for now. I'll need to find a Pokemon Center so that my Aron can rest.

Sorry for not joining any of you for now.

I hope we can stumble with each other later!"

And then she dashed as fast as she could from the group, holding Jiron as tightly as she could in the meantime.

She didn't looked back as she did so, and what was going inside of her mind was that she had to get Jiron as fast as she could from that shady man.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwww, looked like Smashy had something else to do...oh yeah, her Aron was hurt somehow...she wasn't sure how. Those Bugs didn't do much damage to Princess. And Aron....oh the name, Jiron, names were so difficult... was her physical defense buddy.

Naomi shrugged, something happened apparently. "Worrying about your lil dude there, good on you Smashy. I don't move very fast so'm sure we'll see each other again."

Princess seemed sad to see them go. She probably wanted another Rock type around. Maybe Jiron could be her rival even if they didn't travel together, coolio...Princess is gonna make her train wasn't she? Well she would go with it as much as she could. She was sure she'd have plenty of nap time either way. And if Smashy eventually came with it would make it even easier to train, bonus!

Naomi hummed happily, starting to nod off, then stopped. Someone had said something to her didn't they?

Oh yeah, that one. Bug guy number 2. The one who seemed to be offering food....If it weren't so far away, as in she'd have to stand to get it, she would take him up on that offer.

"Oh hey, Number 2. If ya wanna come with me and Blushy go right ahead I don't mind if she don't." She said with a smile.

Then she had a thought. "But remember I called dibs first."

Isaac noticed the girl he was talking to started to leave the park area, and decided to run after her. He thought he heard her saying something about going to heal up her Aron. "W-Wait!" Isaac shouted, as he started to run after the girl. He needed to know more about her, to see if she really was her. After running after her for a short time Isaac caught up to her. "Hold up! I'm really sorry for acting weird back there, sometimes I just start thinking about my past and I just want to ask this: Can I maybe go wherever you're going with you and maybe learn a bit more about you? You look like someone I knew from back home, and... well... I just want to know if you're much like her."

"Thanks, i'll come very happily with both of you" said Alexander to Naomi and Emily
"So i guess everyone's ready to go or nah?"

[off topic: i can't color what i write because right now i'm not on my computer and i'm using an ipad, and it doesn't have that feature soo]

"Wanna seat? Ground's pretty comfy actually."

"No thank you, I'm fine." - Emily stated, while silently watching the group's antics. She waved Elchi goodbye and audibly sighed when Naomi called Alexander "Number 2". Can't this girl remember a couple of names? It baffles me that she remembers her own...

Emily held Togepi in her arms again and slowly pat his head, her eyes still focused on the group, and specially the lonely man who'd offered to heal the Pokemon. She'd caught a glimpse of him during the fight, and walked over. - "Hey, you are the Porygon's trainer right? Thanks for the help, I'm Emily." - she inspected him slowly, from his unusually bright yellow coat, to his blue hair and green eyes. There was something bothering her, and Emily wasn't one to hold back on questions - "Also, you are responsible for that Ninetales right? Or..." - She leaned in, really close to Neos' ear to whisper - "...should I say Ditto?" - Emily giggled, and turned around, looking back at him while walking towards her team - "If we meet again, I'll pay you for your generosity!" - She thought that was the least she could do. The man helped everybody and offered to restore our partners afterwards. 

"Well, Naomi, Alex. I guess it's time to leave." - Emily started walking away, back to the road which lead to Midori Forest, hoping the others were behind her.

"I'm right behind you!" Alexander said while following Emily and Naomi

Their little group entered Midori Forest.
"Wow, this place's stunning!" He said while looking around
The sun was high in the sky, and the light filtered from the leaves giving a greenish tint to everything.
There was a light breeze that brought the smell of sea inside the forest, combined with a very earthy and musky smell.
The forest was peaceful, the only sounds that you could hear were the wind, the crunching leaves beneath our feet and the very subtle sound of the various Pokémons living inside the forest.
"This place is beautiful! I could live here forever, but i heard that during nighttime it gets very creepy..." Alexander said.

"If we continue at this speed we should get out of the forest in maximum two hours" Alexander said, while looking at the rest of the group, which seemed rather amused by the forest too.

"Hey, are you hungry? It's almost lunch time and before you haven'ate anything." He said while offering food to Emily and Naomi.

"This place's so peaceful, let's hope we don't encounter another group of angry Pokémon like before." He said to the rest of the group as they continued to walk through the forest.

For the most part, the elder man had been largely-ignored. This, he had no issues with, since it meant that he would continue travelling alone. Being able to travel via 'Pidgeot Express' from one place to another often allowed him to miss some screwballs, though something told him that airborne travel may not be the best of ideas in this region. Not having to deal with the source of the sudden smell of fear would be nice, too.

"Also, you are responsible for that Ninetales right?" He heard, suddenly snapping him out of his thoughts to see one of the young trainers, a girl with a little Togepi, walking up to him. "Or..." She leaned close to him, really close to his ear and close enough to notice that his skin was actually a pale shade of yellow. "...should I say Ditto?"

He froze in place as she moved away from him, unsure of how to make of the sudden claim even as she gave a giggle towards him.

Paranoia started settling in to a mild degree, making him wonder if she already knew what he was when a sharp equal to an elbow met his chest, causing him to let out an 'oof!' as he wound up looking down to see a Porygon looking up towards him with a stern look.

"Did you miss her aiming a Pokedex at you," it asked of him, causing the Humanmorph to faintly-blush and make slightly more noticable the yellow in his cheeks.

"No, I missed that," he said quietly under his breath before seeing some of the humans leave. "Arceus-dammit, looks like I'm travelling through another region alone..."

What was Blushy doing talking to Mr. Fancy Hat over there? Maybe she knew him? No fair she called dibs first...But looked like it didn't matter as she had come back to their merry band anyway.

Naomi noticed one of the guys, he had a Swinub right? Followed Smashy out of the park. Does she have a stalker? Naomi would say something, if she weren't so comfortable where she was.

Though it seemed Blushy wanted them to head out. "Nap time didn't even get to staaart" she said in false annoyance. Well forests were relaxing places right? The trees reminded her of the gym back home. She'd never gone inside but it was a nice place to climb for a nap.

Though for now she was content following while on top of Princess. "Lead the way, Blushy!" She accepted the offer of food from the male in their group happily. "Thanks Number 2."

While nomming, she sprawled forward across Princess and watched the two in front. Number 2 seemed generous, and he had food. Food was always a plus.

Emily apparently knew where she was going...was she from here or something? She didn't know much about the people she was with, come to think of it. The thought made her giggle. That probably wasn't a good idea was it? More giggles.

The forest seemed nice. Maybe she could catch something here, yeah that's a good idea. Catching a friend for Princess. good idea.....Yeah good idea...

She found herself staring at Blushy's back, watching her twintails swing back, and forth, back, and forth..back...."Zzzzzzzz"

"Hold up! 

I'm really sorry for acting weird back there, sometimes I just start thinking about my past and I just want to ask this: Can I maybe go wherever you're going with you and maybe learn a bit more about you? You look like someone I knew from back home, and... well... I just want to know if you're much like her."

"A-ah...I think I'm not that girl. Even if I travel around the world, I don't think I've met you before.

Though, sure, I guess. I'm going to the nearest Pokemon Center right now to help my Aron recover before continuing to the forest over there. 

Would it be fine with you?"

Talking with this boy had calmed Elchi down somewhat after her earlier freak out, and well, him offering to go with her sounded pretty nice, after all. She still need to train her Aron to be able to not hurt himself too much just anytime it needed to fight, after all. Having someone going along with her would be quite nice to cover her in the meantime.

And again, maybe talking along with him could be quite amusing.

"Anyway, what's your name?"

"Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh..." Repeated Candice in her heart. She arrived later than everyone to receive her kit, something that can be blamed on her oversleeping. Still, that doesn't deter her at all. Even though she set off by her own, with no one else to use as a compass, she still made her way to the park where Elchi and Isaac is. Right now though, she's hiding behind a tree, feeling incredibly flustered after mistaking those two for a romantic couple. Despite celebrating her 14th birthday just a few weeks before the start of her journey, she's still a twelve year old kid at heart, and believes that she accidentally stumbled upon a romantic love between two young trainers. Whether it be selective hearing or something else, she seems to have missed the part where Elchi asks Isaac's name, instead hearing only lover's dialogue between the two.

"There's no mistaking it! Those two are absolutely, definitely, truthfully, one-hundred-percent lovebirds!" With the hopes of seeing more of those two, she climbed up the tree she was hiding behind. It's not a particularly difficult task, and she has climbed numerous trees before. Lying down on the top branches, she pulled out her Polaroid to take a picture of Isaac and Elchi together. It would be the first pic in her album, she thought. After finally finding the perfect angle, as well as a moment where both of them are looking at each other, Candice pressed the button on her camera. A perfect result. But before she could admire her work, she suddenly lost her balance and fell off the branch.

"Kyah!" She loudly shrieked as she fell off. It was more than loud enough for anyone in the park to hear. Luckily, Green Baby, who has been floating behind her the whole time, managed to cushion her fall, meaning she didn't snap her spine even though she fell flat on her back. Upon recomposing herself, she immediately looked at Elchi and Isaac and immediately introduced herself.

"My name's Candice Miller! Nice-pi~ To~ Meetcha-pi!" Candice's short introduction was accompanied with various poses from her, ending with her stretching her arms out, as if she's waiting for a hug. As she did this, the Polaroid picture she took earlier gently fluttered down, landing nice and safe on her hat. She then took the picture off her hat, and upon looking at it, immediately bowed for forgiveness. "I-I didn't mean to interrupt your date!"

"A-ah...I think I'm not that girl. Even if I travel around the world, I don't think I've met you before. Though, sure, I guess. I'm going to the nearest Pokemon Center right now to help my Aron recover before continuing to the forest over there. Would it be fine with you?" Isaac nodded.

"Anyway, what's your name?"

"Oh, my name's Isaac. I think I heard that lazy girl from before call you Smashy. What should I call y-" Before Isaac could finish his sentence a young girl dropped out of a tree, only to be caught by a bubbly green ball, which he thought might have been a Pokemon.

"My name's Candice Miller! Nice-pi~ To~ Meetcha-pi!" She said, while striking various poses. A unidentifiable photo fluttered down from the sky, and landed on the cheerful girl's hat. After picking it up she bowed towards Isaac and "Smashy". "I-I didn't mean to interrupt your date!"

Isaas was shocked. He didn't look, but he was pretty sure the other girl was shocked too. Suddenly, Isaac's eyes became bloodshot once again and he was sent back to the past. To the day he started dating that girl. The one who looked like "Smashy". While the two were out walking around Snowpoint City, a man bumped into them. After bowing, he said "I-I didn't mean to interrupt your date!"

This memory only lasted for a few seconds, but it was a memory nonetheless. After returning back to the thing happening right in from of him, he stuttered while saying "W-W-We're not d-dating! W-We only r-r-really just met each other a few m-minutes ago and I don't even know her name!"

James looked around and saw that, predictably, the girls were getting most of the attention.  Not that it bothered him too terribly, after all most of the group was composed of young boys.  It really didn't seem that any of them remembered his earlier introduction, and since he found himself unlikely to be paid any attention here he felt it made sense to go elsewhere.  So it was that instead of waiting for the other members of the group to ask him to join, he set off away from the park with his new friends in tow.

The first stop was, predictably, the Pokémart.  The only path out of town led through a forest, and that meant lots of bug Pokémon which in turn potentially meant lots and lots of poison and other unfortunate effects.  As such, he went through the store and grabbed up a sizable amount of Antidotes, Paralyze Heals, and Awakenings to use should his team become afflicted with one of the many ailments Pokémon could place upon one another.  And of course he also stocked up on a fair number of Potions and Super Potions to make sure he was as prepared as could be.  He set it all down on the counter, and chatted up the clerk for a while since he noticed she seemed to be a little put off by his appearance, perhaps even frightened.  By the time she'd finished ringing him up and he'd paid for the large amount of medicine, as well as two small bags of Pokémon food to hold them over until they reached the next town, she was much less on edge around the bandaged, eye-patch wearing trainer.  They exchanged farewells, and the trainer headed out.

"Well, Aife, here we go,"  he said as he reached the edge of the town, the road stretching out before them and leading on to the nearby edge of what his map was calling "Midori Forest."  Well, if it was anything like the Viridian  Forest back in Kanto it would be filled with prospective Bug Catchers.  Fortunately, from his experience, they were typically too busy trying to catch a new Bug Pokémon to pay attention to anyone else.  Then again, he'd never med them when he had Pokémon himself, so maybe they would want to battle him.  Not that he would mind a few battles simply to strengthen himself and his two new friends.

"Alright, enough thinking about it."  With a quick stretch that saw a few joints popping, the injured young man set off down the road as the trees around him steadily grew thicker and thicker.  In fact, he could almost swear he heard the background music change after he passed a sign which read "Now Entering Midori Forest."  Of course he was probably just hearing things.  That tended to happen a lot since he'd had his run in with that Tauros.

"Hello, what's your name?" Corinne asked as she approached Silver. With all the commotion surrounding the Ninjasks and Shedinja, he forgot to even introduce himself to the group so he still feels like an unknown. "The name's Silver and this is my Totodile." He had already stated in public that anyone that wanted to join him would be welcome to do so, and it seemed like Corrine had a similar idea. "Want to travel together?"

"Sure thing." Silver replied as he noticed other groups leaving on their adventures heading towards Midori Forest. Setting his bag onto the floor, he looked for his Town Map to figure out where to go next. "I hope we don't get lost in Midori Forest." He said jokingly followed by a quick giggle before composing himself and flinging his bag onto his shoulder

Midori Forest. What a sight. A flock of Pidgey leaded by a Pidgeot flying over, a couple of Bidoof walking about aimlessly, a stray Meowth swiftly pouncing from a tree to the other. The forest was full of life. Emily wondered why she had travelled by water as a Hoppip floated near her head. As they got deeper into the woods, Emily started humming to herself while inspecting her party. Alex she didn't know well. He seemed like a nice kid and was even offering food to Naomi. Naomi on the other hand...she reminded Emily of her brother. Lazy to say the least. Still, she didn't mean no harm. And she's kinda cute too... Emily almost blushed at the last thought.

"Hey, are you hungry? It's almost lunch time and before you haven'ate anything."

Emily grinned at Alexander's offering - "That's a wonderful idea! Why don't we sit down for a while and have something to eat?" - They came to a clearing in the forest with a small pond, and she sat down at a nearby tree stump. Which was weird because it wasn't allowed to tear down these trees. - "Come on guys, the water seems ni-" - before finishing her sentence, the stump she was sitting on started rumbling and pushed her to the ground. Emily looked back, and an angry Phantump who had been taking a nap, apparently, stared at her, ready to attack. Spike quickly jumped in front of his trainer and waited for orders

-"You know what to do, just use Metronome!" - Spike chirped, wagged his fingers, and spat out a small burst of fire. The Ember damaged Phantump badly, and it flinched a bit. Afterwards, it recovered its balance and disappeared, appearing next to Spike and Astonished him. Before making another move, the burn inflicted by the Ember kicked in again and it cried out with pain. 

Seeing her chance, Emily grabbed an empty Pokeball she had readied and flinged it at the Stump Pokemon. After a couple of shakes, Emily and Spike had made a new partner.

Oh hey what's this? They were taking a break? "Eeeh, why didn't cha wake me up and tell me we were resting?" Princess had dutifully carried her however long they had been traveling, Naomi had no idea. It didn't seem much darker, so once again her nap wasn't very long.

She didn't mind waking up too much, with Blushy around. Blushy was fun to watch.

Especially when she does things like try and sit on a Pokemon before battling and catching it.

"Frigging cute." She muttered, grinning at Blushy who was looking proud of her achievement.

There was a strange noise coming from behind Naomi and Princess. She turned and looked and got a surprise. There was a little pink Pokemon slamming itself over and over into Princess. The large Rock type seemed to hardly even notice anything was wrong.

Pulling out her Pokedex, "hey I'm learning!" she pointed it at the pink critter.

Hoppip, the Cottonweed Pokemon

It drifts on winds. It is said that when Hoppip gather in fields and mountains, spring is on the way.

Grass/Flying

"Aww, it's adorable.....oooh let's catch it, it's already right here after all." Naomi slid off of Princess, stumbling slightly. "Princess, hit it with a Horn Attack!" Princess turned and faced the pink bundle of energy. It seemed to give a grin as it charged and tackled Princess, bouncing off of her.

Princess rammed her horn forward and connected with the Hoppip. The Pokemon was sent flying into a nearby tree. It dropped to the ground and stumbled around a bit, obviously dizzy.

Naomi smiled wide, she did it, she...oh wait. She rummaged through her bag and pulled out an empty Pokeball, throwing it at the Hoppip.

1...2....and 3, "Whoopee!" Naomi said as she walked forward and picked up the ball. "Blushy, Number 2, didja see that? That was great! I have a...um...pink thing...what was it called again?" Well whatever the Pokemon was, she would come up with a nickname soon...after she and Princess rested after that exciting adventure of course.

Letting out a sigh as the rest seemed to leave him behind, Neos stretched out one arm above him before looking down at the Porygon in his other arm. "Well, just us two, then. Hopefully, I can go through a region without things going tails-up on me," he remarked to himself before glancing over towards the Pokemon Center. "We should probably get something to eat and get checked out before continuing on," he remarked before looking down toward Cysero. "I did work you out pretty hard earlier today."

"Yes, you did, jerk," the Porygon retorted back before letting out a yawn. "Land ho, Ditto!"

This resulted in Neos giving Cysero a light bop on the noggin with his free arm.

"You're not a pirate," the false human remarked before heading towards the Center, his stomach silently growling at him. "...Arceus-dammit," he muttered under his breath just before entering the building.

"Welcome to the Pokemon Center," the Nurse Joy of the town chirped before bowing towards him. "How may I help you today?"

"Yeah, I need to get two Pokemon fed and quickly checked up on," the false human said with a nervous tone before placing the Porygon on the counter as well as both its Pokeball as well as his own. However, when the nurse went to scan the ball, it turned up both empty and marked to a Pokemon with an unusual name, prompting her to tilt her head slightly in confusion.

"Why does this Pokemon have a human name," the Nurse Joy couldn't help but ask before catching sight of him pulling out the old model of Pokedex and placing it on the counter.

"This will explain why, but I'd suggest listening with headphones for my sake." Looking at him with a confused look, she plugged a set of headphones designed for use with Pokedexes of various generations before pulling up what she needed, her eyes widening soon upon pulling up the information on the Pokemon in question.

"You...you're not..." He raised a hand up to stop the nurse from speaking.

"That's not something I want to be made public," he muttered low before she slowly pointed toward one nearby door that leads behind the counter.

"Through there and we'll have everything taken care of," she replied before Neos followed her instructions and walked through the afformentioned door, walking out of view of everyone else in the front.

"Sure thing," the black-haired boy had replied. He had introduced himself as Silver and was the proud owner of the Totodile from before.

Corinne smiled, pleased at the thought she wouldn't have to travel alone. Her eyes lit on the others. It seemed that a couple groups had already left. The girl with the Togepi, the girl with the Rhyhorn, and the boy with the Scatterbug. However, she noted that others seemed to be leaving even though they weren't in groups.

She frowned, tempted to call out after them with offers to join but decided against it at their determined expressions. Perhaps they wanted to be alone? Either way, she and her new companion had to get going if they didn't want to be left behind.

The girl turned her head at Silver's voice. "I hope we don't get lost in Midori Forest." He giggled at that thought, and Corinne shook her head slightly at her companion's easygoing outlook. "I hope so too." She herself hadn't heard much about the place herself aside from a warning from Migite not to get lost in there. It would be best to get through the place before nightfall, but the girl wasn't sure if that were possible or not. Either way, the battle with the bugs had eaten up the morning, so best to leave.

The brunette tugged at her backpack's straps. It was still fairly light to account for traveling, but was also filled with all manner of needed items for the trip, such as a sleeping bag and a lantern. She already knew where to go, having inspected a map of the region after arriving in Kaishi Town. "We should get going. Thankfully, the place isn't that far from here."

---

Midori Forest was a fascinating place that reminded Corinne of Petalburg Woods from back home. She had never truly taken the time to explore it, however, as it was usually a place she passed through on her way to see Mr. Briney. The girl wondered if the Pokémon were at all similar. She wasn't really sure if a Wurmple or Slakoth was what she was looking for, though. Brown eyes shot from side to side, keeping a lookout for an interesting Pokémon. So far, all she could see were a couple normal types chasing each other around tree trunks and a small flock of Pidgey sending alarm calls from the canopy.

Fairly peaceful, overall. The girl glanced at her companion, Silver. "Want to keep walking or take a break?"

"Oh, my name's Isaac. I think I heard that lazy girl from before call you Smashy. What should I call y-"

"Just Elchi is fine I gue-"

Just as the two of them tried to introduce themselves properly to each other, a sound of something crashing down could be heard from behind them, and Elchi instinctively turned around to see a girl falling from a tree, only to be caught by a green blob that might or might not be a Pokemon. A Solosis from Unova? Could be.

"My name's Candice Miller! Nice-pi~ To~ Meetcha-pi!"

"Well, that's a funny way to introduce your-"

"I-I didn't mean to interrupt your date!"

"Uh what."

Isaac was visibly flustered by that sentence from this "Candice", while Elchi herself was more flatly not being amused by it. Well, then again, if one looked from afar, the two of them did look awfully close with each other.

Oh well.

"But...anyway, just call me Elchi. Calling me by my full name often turns things awkward due to misspelling, intentional or not. Also Candice, wanna join us? We're going to travel together apparently, and more people on the group can be fun.

Anyway, the Pokemon Center seems to be close from here. I'll go there in a flash, and then we'll continue our journey, okay?"

Waiting for a bit for the two to respond, she then rushed as fast as she could to the Pokemon Center. Her Aron would definitely need a short rest there.

"Wow, you both captured a pokémon at the same time! And they're both adorable" Alex said to Emily and Naomi.

"Can i see them?" he asked while taking out his pokèdex

The pokédex analyzed both Pokémons.

"Well, now we all have 2 Pokèmons in our team" He said while sitting on the ground eating a sandwich.

"I think we should get going soon though, we don't want the spooky ghosts to come out. If you want you can eat some more, then we can continue going and at least get out of Midori Forest, before taking another break, ok?" He asked to his teammates.

"Do you have any idea on what pokèmon to catch next? I think i want a Psychic-type pokèmon, they're said to be very powerful, and they fascinate me."

Waking up, Azure looked around. The park was almost deserted since the swarm of Ninjask had attacked. Looking at the food dish he left out he found it completely empty and what seemed like a trail of food heading into the forest. Deciding to follow it, Azure got up and picked up his bag and headed towards the forest. He didn't want to head into the forest alone after attack and suggestions for traveling in groups but no-one took food he put out and takes it with out his say so. Returning Nobu to his Pokéball, Azure entered in to the woods.

After walking for a few minutes Azure saw movement near a small tree. Looking around he saw the culprit for the theft. It was a young Pinsir. Azure had heard stories of Pinsir attacking and killing people. Smiling at the thought of having a potentially strong Pokémon on his team Azure sent out Nobu. "Alright partner, it doesn't know we are here yet so lets get the jump on it, Air Slash." Nobu jumped into the air and launched a barrage of compressed air at the Pinsir. Like he expected some of the shots missed but a few hit the targets back. "Nobu once more." Nobu jumped once again into the air and just before Nobu managed to launch the attack the Pinsir had caught up to Nobu. The Pinsir grabbed Nobu and flung him to the ground, barely able to move Nobu got up and preceded to launch another barrage at the Pinsir. After a few more hits the Pinsir had slowed down and wasn't able to keep up with Nobu. Deciding to try his luck, Azure got out one of his empty Pokéballs. Throwing it at the Pinsir, Azure knew that if it got out it would be more aggressive and harder to beat. The ball connected with the Pinsir and opened. Upon closing, Azure began counting "1...2...3...4..." With the fourth shake the ball sealed. Relived that he had caught a Pokémon Azure turned his attention back to Nobu. The Oshawott was in worse shape than it appeared to be in. Checking the Pokédex on Pinsir's data Azure saw why.

Pinsir, the Stag Beetle Pokémon
Bug
It grips prey with its pincers until the prey is torn in half. What it can't tear, it tosses far.
Vice Grip
Bind
Seismic Toss
Focus Energy

Returning Nobu to the Pokéball, Azure retraced his steps back to the park and headed toward the Pokécenter. Arriving at the Pokécenter he headed up to the counter "I need a Pinsir checked over and a Oshawott healed." It was obvious to Nurse Joy that Azure was panicking.

"Okay then," Nurse Joy said as Azure handed over his Pokéballs, "They'll be better shortly."

Walking over to a seat beside the window Azure sat down and waited on his Pokémon to be healed.

"Okay then," Nurse Joy said as Azure handed over his Pokéballs, "They'll be better shortly."

Cysero was the first to pull its head out of the bowl of Pokefood upon hearing the voice, looking up and over to see a young boy handing over a pair of orbs towards the nurse, tilting its head slightly to the left. It wondered what was happening until it saw the Pinsir released within one containment area.

And it was pissed.

It banged against the glass that had held it in place, with pincers and fists both, trying to crack the glass open as it did.

Neos, in his true form as a neon-green-eyed yellow-colored Ditto, looked up toward the banging Pokemon, the spew of foul words it released, once translated, causing the pair to sweatdrop.

"Think it's a new Pokemon," the Porygon asked of the Ditto, who simply shrugged before continuing to munch on its fruit. Apparently, knowing that the Ditto travelled in a human form had stopped the nurse from giving it normal Pokefood, instead giving it more human food to much upon.

(Sorry, working on assumption that fresh-caught Pokemon like this would not be happy at first...)

It did not take James long to find a suitable campsite in the forest to set up camp, and so that was what he set about doing.  Letting Harte out of his ball to roam around in Aife's company, he set about getting things together.  One of the things he'd had to periodically do while working at the Safari zone was camp out over the night for any number of reasons, so he'd learned how to prepare for it.  In addition to the tent he was setting up and the sleeping bag he would later unroll in it, he'd packed a number of things.  A fire starter, for obvious reasons.  A few cans of repel, which he would spray in a perimeter around the camp site when the time came to get ready for bed, a pot and pan in which he would cook along with some canned food to make into hot meals with some preserved food for when he ran out of hot stuff.  All in all, it took the better part of a few hours for him to get his camp set up in the forest; complete with a fire pit which Harte helped him dig out.

Once the camp was properly set up, it was time to start exploring.  Accompanied by his two friends, he began picked a direction and began working his way off that way away from his camp site.  Most of the Pokémon he saw were other bug types, some beautiful and some disgusting in appearance, or the more common grass and normal types.  All of those were fine, but he had a particular goal in mind in this forest in particular.  He was seeking to show that bug types could be very strong indeed, and so he had his eyes set on two bug types in particular that were particularly strong.  Unfortunately, neither of them seemed especially forthcoming at the moment which he supposed made sense.  Even in the regions they were normally found in they were fairly uncommon, so he was unlikely to come across them in the first day of searching.  That, as a matter of fact, was why he was prepared for a lengthy stay.

Of course, upon returning to his camp site, he found that a small flock of what he learned to be Hoothoots, thanks Pokédex, had descended upon it to investigate.  While most of them were chased off with ease, a pair of them did not take kindly to the attempts to run them off.  As such, there was only one way for this to be handled.

"Aife, wrap that one up with String Shot, and then lay into it with Poison Sting."  As he commanded, just as the first one rushed in to peck at the Weedle it got a face full of string, and in the struggling against it that followed received several painful jabs with a stinger.  Meanwhile, the other Hoothoot pulled the same move with Harte which the Nincada was fortunately able to weather as much as it was obviously hurt.  "Harte, get some payback with Fury Swipes.  Leech Life it if it's still up after that!"  True to his command, that unfortunate Hoothoot found itself subject to a four-hit flurry of blows from a now angry Harte.  While Aife's opponent had since succumbed to the poison and fainted, the remaining one used Protect in an attempt to defend itself from a following attack.  While that lessened the damage from the coming strike, involving Harte latching on and literally draining the bird, the resulting damage proved just enough to take it down.

Following the battle, James treated his injured Nincada with a Potion and put the fainted Hoothoots up in a tree where they could recover safe off the ground.  Given that the better part of the day had passed by this point, he sprayed repel around the edge of his camp site and set about getting some dinner going for himself and anyone that happened upon his camp.  "Hmm...Flying types are still a problem..."

Naomi wasn't really paying attention to Number 2 talking. She was sitting against Princess once more, using all her energy trying to come up with a great name for her newly acquired Hoppip.

But the mention of ghosts perked her up. "Wha? Ghosts? Oooh sounds awesome, can we stay the night?" She was grinning ear to ear by now. It sounded scary. And scary would be exciting. She wondered how her companions handled scares. It was always fun to see everyone else freak out while she herself was having a blast.

"Do you have any idea on what pokèmon to catch next? I think i want a Psychic-type pokèmon, they're said to be very powerful, and they fascinate me."

"I could be wrong but I don't think there's any of those in forests. Blushy might know, she's probably from around here. But if I see any I'll let you know or somethin'."

That being said, she went back to thinking about nicknames. Which reminded her. Apparently you could get more info about a Pokemon once you caught it.

She sent out the Hoppip, who gave a look of challenge and Tackled Princess again. "Whoa there lil bud, chill." She grabbed the Hoppip and brought it around to her lap. "You're one of us now, so ya gotta learn to relax, kay? Kay." The Hoppip looked annoyed but calmed down after a moment. Naomi grinned and hugged the little pink thing. "Good then! Now lesee more about cha..."

Naomi checked her Pokedex once more, reading past the other information she saw gender, nature, level and moves.

Male

Bold Nature. 

Level 8

Moves:

Splash

Synthesis

Tail Whip

Tackle

"Huh, well you'll be interesting in a fight eh? Bold....hmm..." Naomi looked over at Princess and grinned. "Well every Princess needs a knight, right? Your name....is Knight!"

She turned him around and held him up towards the other two. "Blushy, Number 2, check out my new bud, Knight!"

A suited man tripped on a tree's overgrown root. He was exhausted from running after a certain Pokemon, one that was right in his face. He couldn't help but watch while Azure captured the Pinsir he'd been chasing for so long. A slender woman in the same black suit and blue tie soon joined him, as he got up from the ground.

"So? Did you get it?" - the woman folded her arms on her chest, her red hair glowing under the sunlight. 

"You just saw I didn't." - the man had a bulky contexture and a thick black beard. - "What about you? Did you finish your mission?"

The woman giggled and grabbed a SuperBall from her waist - "Of course I did. Poor Heracross was sleeping when I hit him. Now, we can't exactly go around stealing Pokemon in the middle of the day, so for now, let's get you a Pinsir." - with that said, the weird couple went back into the deep forest.

-------------------------------------

Phantump, the Stump Pokemon

According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.

Ghost/Grass Type

Male

Moves:

Tackle

Confuse Ray

Astonish

Growth

"Another one with a single damaging move. Welcome aboard..." - Emily bit her lip, trying to come up with a name for the Stump Pokemon - "...Quoia!" - Quoia seemed happy with the name, but was more sleepy than anything, and Emily placed him back into his PokeBall.

"Wha? Ghosts? Oooh sounds awesome, can we stay the night?" 

Emily was distracted, but managed to overhear Naomi's proposal - "N-NO. Absolutely no." - That was one of the main reasons she didn't came through the forest. Ghost-Types were scary. Quoia was fine since she caught him during daytime, but at night was different. Alexander's question snapped Emily off her thoughts.

"I'd say...Mori Sanctuary. Pure Psychic Pokemon are quite rare, so old man Renjazu takes care of them. You are free to catch them, but getting there is a couple of days of travelling. If you don't wanna wait so much, Mt. Nadare should house some Jynx I guess. Or maybe catch a Slowpoke by the river. Anyways, let's get going! I really don't wanna be here for nightfall..."

Both Ditto and Porygon were wrapping up eating their food soon after the Blissey and Audino of the Center finished using Sing to cause the enraged Pinsir to fall asleep, something the former had an interesting time trying to keep the pair from falling asleep during. After the Ditto finished eating its last orange, peel and all, one of the Audino approached the duo, sheepish as he did.

"I heard you travel the world as a human, Ditto," Audino shakily spoke, to which he got a nod from the golden blob. "Why?"

A question asked out of innocent curiosity, something that could be respected, though being referred to by its species was started becoming annoying after being referred to by its chosen human name for so long.

"One, the name's Neos Rivetter, or just Neos. Two," it brought the semblence of a limb to where its mouth would be, thinking about the next part of the answer it would give, looking down with its neon-green eyes. "I started travelling the human world after one saved my home back in Kanto."

The nursely Pokemon's eyes opened up wide as he brought his paws to his mouth in shock.

"You're a long way from home," he remarked. "How did you even get here?"

A smile fell upon Neos' gold shape at this question. "Pidgeot Express," it simply replied. At this point, the Nurse Joy of the town approached the trio, looking towards the Porygon and Ditto.

"You two are all checked out and may go when you're ready," she replied, to which the blob gave the semblence of a thumbs-up with it small false limbs. She nodded before walking off to tend to other Pokemon, to which Neos stretched up before looking toward the virtual Pokemon.

"Time to roll, I still need to teach you Magnet Rise, I-cannot-move-on-my-own," it added at the end with a jab, a smirk on its face as the Porygon gave its own glare towards the Ditto.

"You're an ass," it chirped with a bit of attitude, to which Neos gave a toothless smile.

"You're the one that wouldn't leave me be." With this strange exchange did the pair get ready to go, Neos walking out the door he came into the back of the Pokemon Center through in his human form with Cysero the Porygon in his arms and a backpack filled with needed things on his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been an argument, but Neos had managed to get Cysero to willingly stay in its Pokeball as it decided to fly through the trees of the Midori Forest in the form of a Pidgeot with a slight-grey to his feathers and the trademark neon-green eyes scanning the area, the backpack on its back miraculously keeping from getting in the way of its wings as it flew. As usual with all its forms, the simple golden chain that carried the glowing light-blue jewel that looked uncut hung around his neck, strangely not bothering the bird with its flight.

It took a moment to perch within one of the branches, cleaning between some of the feathers as he rested his wings when the bird caught sight of a Roselia surrounded by a group of Budew, possibly all of the same pack...

...wait, why was one of the Budew being left behind?

The false Pidgeot swooped in silently into another, much-closer tree, now in range of the strange group. The odd one out looked like it was buckled over in pain, eyes wincing as if trying to grab its head with limbs it didn't have from a splitting headache.

Bringing a wing to his beak to run under it in thought, unclear of why the Budew was being apparently abandoned so soon, it soon had his thoughts broken in the most-resounding of ways.

"Neos...help me, please."

The bird almost fell out of his branch, the Pidgeot scrambling to regain his balance before looking towards the Budew, eyes narrowed from pain looking dead at him.

There was no way it knew his name unless...

...it was born a Mind Reader.

Archived