[Finished][SCS 11] Journey to the Reverse World [Judging / NOT ACCEPTING]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as you're willing to improve, then there's still hope for you.

Though can't say the same for a few members recently, but that's irrelevant.

On that note, here's my entry.

lNU1Bd5.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Banishing 3 Monsters on the field, and cannot be Summoned by any other ways.  You take 1000 damage to your Life Points the turn you summon this card. Once per turn, you may Banish 1 level 7  or lower monster on your opponent's side of the field, and if you do, your opponent takes damage equal to the Level of the Monster X 500. Banish this monster the turn you use this effect. This card cannot declare an attack.

Thematically, it fits with the name of the contest (considering Giratina is correlated with the Reverse World).

But noting your entry.

Also funny to note that this contest and Giratina & Sky Warrior are both the 11th in their respective series; ironic, isn't it?

So much irony in this card. That's awesome XD

I'm in.

As a contestant.

T8YMCya.jpg

2 Level 6 monsters
When a Special Summoned monster declares an attack, halve its ATK until the end of the battle. Once per turn if this card has a DARK monster as its Xyz Material, you can discard 1 card; until your next Standby Phase, cards that would be removed from the field is banished instead. During either player's turn, when a card effect that targets this card is activated, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that effect, and then this card loses 500 DEF. You can only control 1 "One that Divides Dream and Reality".

Might be a bit too much, but oh well.

And here is my entry.

qEGbK4P.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When a monster is special summoned from the Hand, Deck, OR Extra Deck; banish it. During the next Stand-by Phase of the controller who summoned that monster, return it to the field in face-up Attack Position. [/spoiler]

A nice way to slow the game down slightly, but not fully keep someone from playing the game. 

I present to you my card:

mxlddph.jpg

You can only control 1 face-up "D.D. Chronos Dragon". Once per turn, if a card was banished this turn: Special Summon any number of your banished "D.D." monsters, up to the number of monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this effect, banish all "D.D." monsters you control, except this card.

I currently have no internet at the house...only using it from the college...

That said, I'm entering this...but if the card isn't finished and or posted, you'll know why. Nevertheless, I'm not letting it stop me from doing this!

I know the feeling; that was why I couldn't do a lot at the end of last month.

But addng.

I have a question, regarding the changes that can be made.

The rule stated is this: "If you make any edits, you need to notify me (either in the thread or a PM). Minor details mean fixing OCG/spelling errors and small aesthetic changes. You may not completely change your entry."

How is completely changing our entries determined? Does it refer to every single change, let's say, to the ATK/effect/Type/etc. of the card or instead to a great amount of changes?

...And since I'm onto it, I only changed my Design Notes for now.

Basically, if you outright change the card itself; by using a different card than what you had originally submitted.

Fixing OCG errors, spelling mistakes and effect changes / design notes are minor things, and are allowed.

Though you should've designed this as a final product, but it's understandable new cards might change the way yours works.

Here's my card!

qWK2wtf.jpg

When this card is banished, you may select up to two banished cards, except "Giratina, Master of the Reverse World" and send them to the Graveyard. While this card is banished, you may pay 1000 life points to send this card to the Graveyard. You may only use 1 "Giratina, Master of the Reverse World" effect per turn and only once that turn.

Notes:

Giratina is the 'mon residing in pokemon's own reverse world.  That said, I thought it would make a good card for this Reverse world contest.  *glares at Collosal*

Anyway, it is known as an exile, banished from the natural created world.  This encompasses its first ability where it is shown to be alone in its own world.

Its second ability comes from the fact that it can be summoned, but that usually happens after quite a bit of effort.

Overall, since this card is a dark dragon, it would be a huge boon to chaos dragon decks and it allows easy summoning for Dark/Light banishing cards like BLS, Chaos Sorcerer, Lightpulsar, and Darkflare while also returning Eclipse Wyvern for its effect and Dark monsters for more DAD destruction shenanigans.

Basically, it is a card of pure chaos graveyard control.  Since it can come back multiple times, it furthers the combos that could be made from the grave while also having a decent 2800/2400 body if it does get on the field.

As the time approaches, your rise to judge their lives! Guardian warrior of the afterlife lay waste to all those you have deemed unworthy!

vAEtOU1.jpg

[spoiler=Usir of the Afterlife]

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing from your Graveyard, 2 Warrior-Type monsters, and cannot be Special Summoned by any other ways. Once per turn, if your opponent adds a card(s) from their deck to their hand (except during the Draw Phase or the Damage Step): You can banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand.

[/spoiler]

Inspiration

Banishing cards...the idea automatically made me think of "D.D" or "Marco Cosmos" and the "Helios" cards. Nevertheless, I went (like always), towards mythology and tried to find something that dealt with a person being banished to another plane of existence or another realm. Found nothing then, however...I read across the Egyptian god of the afterlife, Osiris and his whole backstory (after it being mentioned). Because of this, Usir of the Afterlife is created based off the god of the Afterlife, even named after is many name carnations: Usir. As for the effect itself, this was a bit of a new one. As mentioned before, I could only think of the three type of card sets. However, a friend pointed me towards a card I've begun to favor: Masked HERO Dark Law. It's effect made sense to me, given Osiris' position of power within the Egyptian pantheon. So with the added beginning, Usir was based upon Dark Law.

Intended Idea

It is, in a sense, a regular monster version of Dark Law. However, its beginning effect uses the banishing of two Warrior-types, which in most decks (at least in my opinion), are staples in some decks. Because of this, you can utilize Usir's summoning cost to banish the Warrior monsters to your advantage. For instance, adding this into a variant of a HERO deck or any other Warrior based deck, banish the two warriors - > Summon Usir - > Turn around and fuse for E-HERO The Shining and if the banish monsters were E-HERO, gain ATK points.

Card Art

Surprisingly enough, this one came from Smite's version of Osiris.

Archived