[Finished][SCS 11] Journey to the Reverse World [Judging / NOT ACCEPTING]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would like to enter if its not too late

[spoiler='Entry']

5Qn7oRn.jpg

Clairvoyance:
Once per turn: You can banish 1 card in your hand, then declare 1 card name; Until your opponent's Next End Phase, if the declared card would be sent to Graveyard: It is banished face-down instead. You can only control 1 face-up "Clairvoyance".[/spoiler]

Well, I finally finished stuff (and my being preccupied with 7th run of White 2 probably didn't make things any smoother, but eeh...)

Anyway, ask if you have questions about stuff; if I didn't mention things.
If I felt I had to note stuff, I did.

(Didn't mention them outright, since some members don't really look back after a while.)

[spoiler=Scores]
Standard
B: 40
U: 20
C: 20
O: 15
T: 5
Total: 100

RealmReaver
B: 28 (As much as I don't agree with this being an attack lock and Skill Drain for smaller monsters, it does still cost hand advantage and getting this card out is more/less hard to do)
U: 10 (Nowadays, I don't really see a Deck that can use this effectively; at least without it wrecking consistency)
C: 14
O: 9.5
Total: 66.5

Gadjiltron
B: 38
C: 20
O: 15 (small if/when thing on last effect, but I more/less understood what you meant.)
Total: 98

- Noel -
B: 32
C: 15 (basically I'm a bit wary about it being LIGHT and essentially fueling Chaos.dek stuff; especially if banished for BLS/Sorcerer if that's still relevant. Though it serves as a good anti-Dark Law thing to a degree)
Total: 87

EndUser
B: 35
U: 16
C: 16
O: 11
Total: 83

KoolGoldfinch
B: 28 (In a lot of cases, I'd be saying Shaddoll abuse with its effect; considering that sending stuff to the Deck triggers them; but Dark Magician wouldn't really be effective with them; but some food for thought)
U: 11 (you do realize that Xyz laugh at this card's banishing effect, right? And yes, they are still relevant)
Total: 69

Aquatic Ether Zerpant
C: 18
O: 13
Total: 88

BertyColossal
B: 23 (I will assume that the monsters are to be Tributed on your field, because using your opponent's monsters as Tributes is just stupid)
U: 14 (can be used to get rid of a good amount of threats, but certain things Gira is powerless against; basically a one-shot burn thing, but might be helpful in killing stuff when it needs to)
C: 13
O: 10
Total: 65

Nai
B: 33
U: 17 (technically speaking, card would only be at its peak in stuff like Inzektors and stuff like that. Either that or Decks that can use Level 6 stuff like Malicious or whatever. However it still has usability elsewhere)
C: 16
O: 10 (also some noun agreement in name, but I didn't strip points for that)
Total: 81

Have a Lovely Day
B: 32 (considering the advent of SSing decks as of late, this basically puts them out of commission for a while; but that being said, it acts like Future Visions and no one's really complaining about them)
U: 18
C: 12 (basically the SS version of Future Visions for most intents and purposes.)
Total: 78

ReneTCG
U: 18
C: 15
Total: 85

Tinkerer
B: 30 (can basically reuse banish fodder in Chaos, like you already noted)
O: 9.5 (several if/when errors and semicolon stuff; however I could still understand it)
Total: 74.5

Chaos Sonic
B: 38
C: 16 (not really fond of a copy+paste of Dark Law, but given the mythological part of it; suppose it works here. I feel you probably could've differed Usir's effect a bit to differentiate him from Dark Law.)
O: 15 (just reverse the banished material + location of stuff and it'd be perfect. It's a really minor nitpick, so no deduction.)
Total: 94

Divine Dragon Sage
B: 35
C: 16 (in a way, this emulates the Djinn of Ritual stuff [Ritual Spell-wise] and would basically factor into Decks that can afford to run them and associated support. As much as negation summons are bad, this is a boss monster designed on two high ranking deities in Hinduism, so the flavor works fine here)
Total: 91

Alpakha
B: 37
U: 18 (Shark Decks are more/less Rank 4/5 now, but certainly can work properly with them. Would've been fun if Ryoga had used this)
C: 17
O: 13
Total: 90

yugiohcreator876
B: 33
U: 18 (Basically used to fuel Gren Maju Da Eiza stuff or HERO spam for Parallel World/The Shining from what I see. HEROs probably have some use for this; especially in the Voltic/Shining variants + Necroface things.)
C: 16 (it's plain and simple)
Total: 87

I also find it funny that this would set up a combo with one of the cards in Striker's latest 1v1; particularly DDS's one.

Gold_Armor
B: 34
U: 16 (good in Decks that can manipulate coin tosses; or run Second Coin Toss; otherwise it can backfire)
C: 15 (basically a luck-based card)
Total: 81

Talim Rave
B: 34
U: 14 (basically luck dependent on a Field Spell, but it would help certain Decks cycle another copy of a particular one if needed; otherwise this card's essentially banished for the duration of the Duel. Would make a weird combo with Soul Absorption though)
O: 9
Total: 77

Tyretian
B: 36
O: 14
Total: 88

Chivalry
B: 34 (basically worrying that this could be splashed in Tempest Magician stuff, and by banishing counters, can basically lead to OTKing business and other things)
U: 20 (definitely could help speed Spell Counter decks up, or for that matter; effects that utilize them [though majority of them are Spellcaster-based anyway])
C: 19
Total: 93

VCR CAT
B: 20 (basically becomes a massive powerhouse, and gets to reattach its materials as well; because it triggers when you Special Summon it; NOT just on its initial Xyz Summon)
U: 18 (Don't think Trains would use this, considering they'd generally go for their 2-mats, but it's possible. Or you can Rank-Up Dyson Sphere or something in that Deck)
O: 9.5
Total: 67.5

lightdiversion
B: 36
U: 18 (requires you to know what your opponent is running, but a lot of Decks lately have a set pattern of stuff they use, so you can probably neuter stuff. Would be hilarious to declare stuff against BA and watch their combinations fall apart [assuming you get it right]; that or you kill Nekroz)
O: 12.5
Total: 88.5
[/spoiler]

Huh, did better than I thought. In hindsight, yeah I had a two-mat version that would've been a bit better, but all in all it was a fun card to think up of. At least I know where to go from here now!

(BTW, from my experience with Trains; you go for the 3-mats when you need to. C9 is a wonderful out against a lot of strategies.)

Yeah, you really don't need to have Dyson Sphere on it; though the detach/burn is still nice.

I haven't played Trains, so can't really say further stuff on those.

That being said, I can award 3-4 points back on usability; if it is indeed possible to do 3-mat R10s consistently.

(Probably marked the usability thing down, since I'm accustomed to doing 2-mat stuff when I get chance to make Rank 10s; meh.)

The usual combo for a 3-mat Rank 10 is going Night Express Knight -> Derricrane -> Field Spell. I always do this against Aria Lock and it's pretty funny everytime (using C9 that is). But yeah, he's not meant to be a card like C9, just using him as an example. If you run Malefic Cyber End, that's also another piece for a 3-mat rank 10. It's not a usual strategy, but if you're playing something like Yang Zings then C9 is a big problem; or if you're playing against something like Qliphorts or D/D's, then Galaxy Destroyer would be a great go-to. But yes, good contest!

Not too bad in comparison to some of my past performances.

What could I have done to make the card better?

Basically, it's a D.D. version of Return from the Different Dimension (which is somewhat ironic); but for the most part, just revives those members that banish themselves/opponent when they go out.

That being said, you could basically suicide something like Warrior (Lady) / Assailant, etc; get rid of something, then trigger this card's effect and get a repeat. Or just banish stuff with Dimensional Fissure and return things.

Although at least this card isn't as bad as Return, since it's limited by how much your opponent decided to swarm their field with.

The effect basically implies that you HAVE to trigger the effect when something gets banished; I'd make it optional (though you probably intended for that). I should've dropped points because you forgot that part, but I could probably guess.

Could I perhaps get some elaboration on why my ocg is off? I know I'm not the best at it, so being told what's wrong would help me improve it.

2 Level 4 monsters
If this card has Xyz Material when you Ritual Summon a monster, you can banish monster cards from your Graveyard as monsters required for the Ritual Summon. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to and target 1 monster in your Graveyard that was used for a Ritual Summon and 1 Ritual Spell Card; banish the first target, then add the second to your hand.

(I'm not sure if the word "target" needs to be there after "second", but probably not. That being said, basically some capitalization errors and things; they're in bold.)

That in mind, I only found 4 errors in OCG, so you get 1/2 back in there.

A 94...I'm a bit happy with myself! XD

Though before I make this post in an Post Contest thread, Sakura, could you give me some pointers on how to fix it?

As mentioned, probably change the effect a bit so it's not a direct copy of Dark Law (banishing-wise).

It's basically fine as is, but just that I wasn't really keen on it being copy+pasted to some extent.

Everything else was fine.

[Keep in mind that I graded some of the entries earlier on, then picked up the rest yesterday or on Thursday]

I'm okay with my score (83), but I'm curious: In general, was it the simplicity of the card or something else that led to this?

In addition, I can't find any grammatical errors to my card's effect (and each peace of it is copied from other cards, except some different ';' and ':'), so what made my score drop regarding OCG?

I believe it's pointless, but here are some reference cards:

"Firebird", "Batteryman AA", "Destiny Hero - Departed", "Ally of Justice Searcher"

Archived