Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kirei didn't summon Lancer but since he IS Lancer's master currently, doesn't that mean the E rank luck is because of him? Unless you know, even with Bazett he had shit luck.

If we're gonna get Bazett at all, it'll be in the Lancer flashback which if THAT happens at all will be the next episode. Which we probably will get too, since the ufo people actually went out of their way to show Caster's master who is doubly irrelevant.

yC1YQAm.jpg

Gah, all these spoilers.

Worry not. The circumstances behind Lancer's master is genuinely more or less irrelevant to UBW, or rather, Fate/stay night overall. Really. Doesn't come up until the sequel. Kinda.

we need more bazett in this anime, speaking of

Please have a cameo next episode please have a cameo next episode please have a cameo next episode...

Gah, all these spoilers.

Well, the F/SN anime doesn't seen too keen on actually revealing the historical backstories of all the Servants except Archer (and probably Saber), so I wouldn't think of them as spoilers ^^;

It peeved me when, during Episode 14, they chose to focus on Caster's relationship with her former Master rather than focus on her tragic history as Medea, which would've made her much more sympathetic.

Medea backstory better be part of the 'cut footage' that'll be included in the BDs.

Don't count on it. F/SN fans were badly betrayed during the first cour when the '90min extra content' turned out to be mostly the OST and stillshots, showing quite clearly that we shouldn't be waiting for the BDs to fix things.

Also, to dash your dreams completely, according to the people who attended the prescreening (the content of which is usually equivalent to the BDs), the cut footage is mostly about Caster's summoning, explaining why her Master summoned her. He wanted to be able to use the Colchis Dragon, but when it turned out that she couldn't summon it, he got pissed and he plus his chorus of female servants mock her. That's what your 'extra seven minutes' is about, unfortunately enough. No Medea backstory.

Don't count on it. F/SN fans were badly betrayed during the first cour when the '90min extra content' turned out to be mostly the OST and stillshots, showing quite clearly that we shouldn't be waiting for the BDs to fix things.

Also, to dash your dreams completely, according to the people who attended the prescreening (the content of which is usually equivalent to the BDs), the cut footage is mostly about Caster's summoning, explaining why her Master summoned her. He wanted to be able to use the Colchis Dragon, but when it turned out that she couldn't summon it, he got pissed and he plus his chorus of female servants mock her. That's what your 'extra seven minutes' is about, unfortunately enough. No Medea backstory.

Jesus Christ.

Why do you keep stealing screentime, o you irrelevant former master of Caster? Literally no one cares because KuzuCaster is an adorable couple. Ahhhhhhhhh

Th-thanks ufotable.

Huh, just realized both Fate and Stay Night's Lancers have E in luck. Makes sense.

Fun fact, to qualify for the Lancer servant class, you need to have shit luck during your life and have a very miserable one at that.

And because I'm still a hormone-crazed teen I have no shame in going ehehehehehe~ at that.

Legit, fucked her daughter, killed her son-in-law, had a son with her daughter, then slept with her then fucked her rival before finally killing his newborn son. Cû is fucking crazy. Sticks his dick in everything.

*points to Fate/Extra Rider, Francis Drake*

You're welcome =)

I meant more towards having a servant who was literally the spirit of a gun. Not a servant who used guns.

Reminds me, didn't Chu have his berserker-ish monstrous form/warp spasm? It felt like a topic that got rarely touched upon in Fate, probably due to him never getting summoned as a berserker.

Or maybe I just missed/forgotten about all the references to that.

No, you're absolutely correct. It's called Warp Spasm, which he'd gain access to as a Berserker, and it's quite potentially the scariest berserker transformation out there. In the legend, it would cause his legs to turn backwards, his temples to swell, one of his eyes to fall out of its socket while the other is sucked down into his head, his mouth to split open, and his hair to twist into spikes.

Buuuutttt in the Nasuverse, according to Prisma Ilya, he just transforms into a large wolf~

Any Irish Hero was a very famous womanizer. He did it with loads and loads of women, ya'know. However, judging by the kind of relationship he had with Ferdiad, he may be bi - well, he is a free spirit after all, so he can be whatever the hell he wants, straight or gay~

Fixed :D

No but seriously, why are so many Irish Hero's such sex hounds? o.o"

New episode aired. Aimer insert was top tier. Full release when?

All hail Cu Chulainn, proud dog of Ireland. All hail Cu Chulainn, hero of men everywhere. All hail Cu Chu- R U N E S

They did well on that part.

Back to Shirou vs Archer....they really took a different approach to it near the end, and I still like the original source material more, but that Shirou internal self-reflection was top-tier. I would've liked them to proceed with the fight the way it did happen, but I wouldn't trade that scene for the world. That was great. That was amazing. I dig that sorta thing.

EMIYA played a bit but not really the focus. The fight still isn't finished. Do they seriously have enough episodes remaining to adapt the rest of the route?

karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru...

This episode...was just beyond words. Like, whoa.

Brolancer especially went out like a total bro ("LANCER DIED! YOU MONSTERS!") but at least he got to go out in a (literal) blaze of glory, rather than succumbing to a depressing suicide like another certain Lancer I know. He totally showed Kirei and Shinji! AWWWW YEEEAAAAHHHH!!! YOU WERE GAR TO THE VERY END!!! Farewell Ransa, YOU WILL BE MIIISSSEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddddddd

Alas, we won't get to see any of Kirei's own badassery until Heaven's Feel, which is a long way away, but that's a minor thing~

Apart from that, Shirou himself was really badass this episode, and I absolutely loved the way the episode handled how he faced Archer and ultimately came to discover his Answer. We got a lot of talking and flashbacks, and the one with the fire was especially cool - I think it would've been more appropriate to have the Emiya remix play instead of the Aimer song, but ah well. The Avalon healing and the usage of UBW too was surprising, but it made the episode seem a hell load more epic overall, so I don't mind at all~

Overall, I must say I really liked this ep =")

EMIYA played a bit but not really the focus. The fight still isn't finished. Do they seriously have enough episodes remaining to adapt the rest of the route?

Reading this felt a little weird. Dude, you know, the question you're asking should be the opposite considering the amount of stuff left in the VN after this. Do they have enough content for the remaining five episodes, the last of which is even double-length?

Normally, they'd be a little hard-pressed, but they rushed a bunch of the episodes this cour (mainly the first ep) so now they have plenty of time... More than plenty in fact. Seriously, what are they going to fill all that time with? Flashbacks? @.@ But I don't mind since it means that they have all the time in the world to focus on Answer and the remaining episodes, without having to rush anything.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. I've heard a lot of funny lines from F/SN, like "People die when they are killed", "The Archer class really is made up of archers", and "You dodged my undodgeable blow"...but those could all be explained in-context, and make a fair amount of sense when you read them...

But this?

112d2yv.png

COMPLETELY takes the cake =P

gj shirou, u defended ur title

Amzaing episode. A shame that Kirei, the best character, is gone. He kinda went out like a bitch, too.

Also, glad to know I guessed right.

And Shirou has self-healing? Given that it's still Arturia as Saber, it's pretty clear what's causing that.
Though I did completely forget Avalon was a thing this whole cour.

Also, that line from Shirou probably makes more sense than any of those others. It obviously means that being correct doesn't necessarily make your morally right.

This episode...was just beyond words. Like, whoa.

Brolancer especially went out like a total bro ("LANCER DIED! YOU MONSTERS!") but at least he got to go out in a (literal) blaze of glory, rather than succumbing to a depressing suicide like another certain Lancer I know. He totally showed Kirei and Shinji! AWWWW YEEEAAAAHHHH!!! YOU WERE GAR TO THE VERY END!!! Farewell Ransa, YOU WILL BE MIIISSSEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddddddd

Alas, we won't get to see any of Kirei's own badassery until Heaven's Feel, which is a long way away, but that's a minor thing~

Apart from that, Shirou himself was really badass this episode, and I absolutely loved the way the episode handled how he faced Archer and ultimately came to discover his Answer. We got a lot of talking and flashbacks, and the one with the fire was especially cool - I think it would've been more appropriate to have the Emiya remix play instead of the Aimer song, but ah well. The Avalon healing and the usage of UBW too was surprising, but it made the episode seem a hell load more epic overall, so I don't mind at all~

Overall, I must say I really liked this ep =")

Reading this felt a little weird. Dude, you know, the question you're asking should be the opposite considering the amount of stuff left in the VN after this. Do they have enough content for the remaining five episodes, the last of which is even double-length?

Normally, they'd be a little hard-pressed, but they rushed a bunch of the episodes this cour (mainly the first ep) so now they have plenty of time... More than plenty in fact. Seriously, what are they going to fill all that time with? Flashbacks? @.@ But I don't mind since it means that they have all the time in the world to focus on Answer and the remaining episodes, without having to rush anything.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. I've heard a lot of funny lines from F/SN, like "People die when they are killed", "The Archer class really is made up of archers", and "You dodged my undodgeable blow"...but those could all be explained in-context, and make a fair amount of sense when you read them...

But this?

112d2yv.png

COMPLETELY takes the cake =P

gj shirou, u defended ur title

>5 episodes

nop nop nop nop nop nop nop

My bad there. I somehow assumed they had 2 or 3 episodes left at most. And I forgot about the double length.

and definitely, "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" is my favorite of the lot by far.

No full chant. We're getting the shitty Shirou version. Kill me now.

Reminder that since Archer killed ISIS, he's the greatest superhero of all time.

Playing EMIYA for 20 seconds made me rock hard before I was like "where did it go?"

I'm still amazed that how even though Ufotable are adding in anime original scenes, no fucking Bazzet.

Direction of this episode was genuinely trash. DEEN UBW Archer v Shirou > UFO Archer v Shirou

.... Note to self... Watch new episodes before looking here ._.

So couple comments before I go look at the new things. Actually, they're more like bitching...

[spoiler=Le Comments]

Okay why does everyone have such hard-ons for Kirei? I'd get it if this were F/Z since he was actually a badass in that and apparently he's cool in Heavens Feel (by the way that name still just sounds like a court case in which an angel molested a 9 year old) but in everything else it seems like he's only there to show up at the end and go "You thought it was Gilgamesh but it was me Kirei!" Hell, he didn't even do much more than that in F/Z ._. So someone please explain why what really seems to be just an underused character gets his much love? Is it really all just stuff he does in Heavens Feel or is there some actual cool thing to him that I'm just missing.

Okay, Cu might be a better fighter or whatever than Diarmuid but I honestly think (from solely the anime perspective as I'm judging the anime's based on how they are on their own and not how they compare to a visual novel like you should do) that Diarmuid had way more personality and was overall just a more interesting character than Cu. Especially since all I got outta the anime adaptation of him was that he was some kind of angsty teenage womanizer. That's not bad, but I think that the knight trying to regain his honor by serving loyally was just more interesting to watch.

DEEN UBW Archer v Shirou > UFO Archer v Shirou

The only thing you could have said to further lower your credibility to me is that you thought School Days was good or that Beyond: Two Souls had a was a well written story.

So it sounds like Shinji finally died? Please tell me Shinji died. I don't care how it happened, just please tell me it did D:

No full chant. We're getting the shitty Shirou version. Kill me now.

I actually don't remember them doing the full chant very often which honestly upset me since the full chant sounds really cool.

112d2yv.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pePpxU58M

Welp. That's it for this comment/bitch fest xD[/spoiler]

Okay why does everyone have such hard-ons for Kirei? I'd get it if this were F/Z since he was actually a badass in that and apparently he's cool in Heavens Feel (by the way that name still just sounds like a court case in which an angel molested a 9 year old) but in everything else it seems like he's only there to show up at the end and go "You thought it was Gilgamesh but it was me Kirei!" Hell, he didn't even do much more than that in F/Z ._. So someone please explain why what really seems to be just an underused character gets his much love? Is it really all just stuff he does in Heavens Feel or is there some actual cool thing to him that I'm just missing.

Okay, Cu might be a better fighter or whatever than Diarmuid but I honestly think (from solely the anime perspective as I'm judging the anime's based on how they are on their own and not how they compare to a visual novel like you should do) that Diarmuid had way more personality and was overall just a more interesting character than Cu. Especially since all I got outta the anime adaptation of him was that he was some kind of angsty teenage womanizer. That's not bad, but I think that the knight trying to regain his honor by serving loyally was just more interesting to watch.

Kirei's characterization in F/Z is based off how he's presented in HF, if that tells you anything.

He does cool things and says cool things in HF and that's why everyone loves him. Yeah that's it.

Just read the VN or wait for the movies.

Why aren't YOU having a hard-on for Kirei, that manly beast

Well, it's an adaption of a pre-existing source material, so comparing it pretty much is what you should be doing(I dislike using the word 'should' in this situation but oh well). In the first place this pretty much is just fanservice for people who've already experienced the route, to see flashy things animated and the experience adapted faithfully.

Sure, Deermud has a more interesting premise behind him, but in the end he just wasn't developed enough to be satisfying considering he's part of the 'focus'. F/Z tries to focus on seven different masters and their all at once meaning there's only so much characterization given to each haracter, so as part of the focus Deermud isn't quite as satisfactory as Cu, who is clearly established as a side-character in the first place, and still excels in the few scenes he's given. Because he will never be relevant again for the rest of the game, including all of HF. Or at least that's what I think is why people prefer Cu.

Or maybe it's just because he's the original Lancer who stabs his heart and then accomplishes badass feats even when he should be dead while deermud's just following tradition and whines and curses before dying. I dunno.

My favorite thing about Kirei is his character development in F/Z. It wasn't for the better by any stretch of the imagination, but I just found him so interesting, like Gilgamesh. Plus, you know, he's badass. And his love for mapo tofu.

He's also got the greatest voice out of any other character.

Archived