Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Afaik the entire fact that EMIYA appears in this war is the reason why Shirou can't be this EMIYA in all three routes

BUT

iirc Fate/Extra's nameless Archer can realistically be treated as a possibility of how Shirou could end up being after Stay Night. And after all he's far less jaded, more outgoing, and have traced Excalibur. But it's Extra so everything must be taken with a grain of salt.

Quick everyone! The Holy Grail War has just begun! Item to your left is your catalyst!

A book about psychoanalysis

wait, so Freud can be a heroic spirit wut

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try to sum this up as well as I can. So, we can assume there is only 1 throne of heroes for every timeline. (Since EMIYA was summoned to a different timeline). If there are an infinite number of timelines then there is a timeline where each person makes a contract with the world, becoming a Guardian. This means that everyone can summon themselves.

I know this is just funny time stuff, which can be easily explained away with "heroes that became epic spirits by their own actions are stronger and/or take priority in summoning". Plus, who wants to gamble on a hero version of you against well known heroes. We also had Saber/Archer giving the info dump on Guardians and stuff, so people might not know about it.

In other news, anyone keeping up with Fate/Grand Order?

Quick everyone! The Holy Grail War has just begun! Item to your left is your catalyst!

*glances at pile of HP books*

Yay, I get Harry Potter~ So, a kickass Caster with the Invisibility Cloak Deathly Hallow, eh? =D

...or I might end up summoning any other wizard inside the book, in which case, I hope I get Dumbledore.

Afaik the entire fact that EMIYA appears in this war is the reason why Shirou can't be this EMIYA in all three routes

Incorrect. I'm pretty sure that even in EMIYA's original timeline, Rin had summoned EMIYA - you could say that it's impossible for her to summon any other Servant when she's using the gem as her catalyst. There is no paradox in that regard, because Heroic Spirits can be summoned from any era, past, present, and future~

Well, according to Word of God, Shirou has a low chance of becoming Archer in all three routes (the highest being Fate, but still low). However, that's more just due to the unlikelihood of becoming a Heroic Spirit in the first place.

In a way, it might be easier if you consider Archer as the concept of Shirou achieving his ideals rather than an actual person in his own right.

In other news, anyone keeping up with Fate/Grand Order?

The new Lancer does look pretty cute. I hear people speculate it's Scathach, or it was confirmed to be Scathach, I don't remember exactly.

In a way, it might be easier if you consider Archer as the concept of Shirou achieving his ideals rather than an actual person in his own right.

Interesting way to put it, or rather, it's a lot less confusing this way actually..

@Mitcher Green: Definitely Scathach, judging by her appearance and the description given~ No one else fits it so clearly.

I'll try to sum this up as well as I can. So, we can assume there is only 1 throne of heroes for every timeline. (Since EMIYA was summoned to a different timeline). If there are an infinite number of timelines then there is a timeline where each person makes a contract with the world, becoming a Guardian. This means that everyone can summon themselves.

Well, at this point, I believe we should stick to realism.

Theoretically, if there were indeed infinite universes, then that would be true, but I'd say it's more like having a supermassive, gigantic amount of universes that revolve around the same core origin of the Nasuverse - as in, following the same overall continuity, withouut branching out so much that it becomes unrecognizable. Otherwise, the whole concept of 'identity' and 'legends' would be irrelevant because we could pick out just about anything as long as the catalyst we have has a connection to it. King Arthur, Cu Chulainn, these legends become meaningless when a virtually unknown, never-written legend could be picked out.

In the modern world, how many people do you think will strive so hard that they become a Guardian, without losing their base identity in the process? We have Emiya Shirou, who'll stubbornly pursue his ideal of becoming a superhero to the ends of the earth, but there are very few like that, and there'll only ever be very few like that.

There'll also be others who'll become famous after achieving great deeds, and after two hundred years have their existence be sublimated, becoming Heroic Spirits, but this is still greatly limited to a select few.

Hence, assuming the Nasuverse follows the same 'overall continuity' rather than exist as truly infinite universes, then it's pretty silly to think that everyone can ascend to the Throne of Heroes.

The new Lancer does look pretty cute. I hear people speculate it's Scathach, or it was confirmed to be Scathach, I don't remember exactly.

It is Scathach. BEST SCOTTISH SERVANT.

*glances at pile of HP books*

Yay, I get Harry Potter~ So, a kickass Caster with the Invisibility Cloak Deathly Hallow, eh? =D

...or I might end up summoning any other wizard inside the book, in which case, I hope I get Dumbledore.

Harry would be downright imba in a HGW. In the books, he did own all 3 Deathly Hallows.......

Hence, assuming the Nasuverse follows the same 'overall continuity' rather than exist as truly infinite universes, then it's pretty silly to think that everyone can ascend to the Throne of Heroes.

This is correct.

Basically, legend is called legendary because of something after all. If everyone can truly be a legend then the status would mean less.

Is this right?

Absolutely~

Sort of like how it's harder for those wielding modern weapons to distinguish themselves enough to become a Heroic Spirit.

Mm, that's right. To begin with, a vast majority of guns are mass-produced, as opposed to the 'unique weapon' that a normal hero would wield, and guns themselves take less overall skill to use. That, combined with the continued advancement of humans... Not to say it's impossible, but it'd be really hard for a modern human to become a hero is all.

Absolutely~

Mm, that's right. To begin with, a vast majority of guns are mass-produced, as opposed to the 'unique weapon' that a normal hero would wield, and guns themselves take less overall skill to use. That, combined with the continued advancement of humans... Not to say it's impossible, but it'd be really hard for a modern human to become a hero is all.

Gun heroic spirit when? Nasu said that a gun if it had a soul could become a fucking spirit. Hitler for the 3rd war and summons a fucking gun please.

Gun heroic spirit when?

*points to Fate/Extra Rider, Francis Drake*

You're welcome =)

Nasu said that a gun if it had a soul could become a f***ing spirit. Hitler for the 3rd war and summons a f***ing gun please.

The Third War took place during WWII (sometime around the 1940s) so alas, Hitler wouldn't be able to appear during it. However, the Imperial Army and Nazis did get involved, the fighting moved to Tokyo temporarily, and there was a lot of bombing by the Masters, sooo make of that what you will.

Yes, in the myth, after Cu finished training with Scathach, the two actually did have some sexy fun times with each other.

And because I'm still a hormone-crazed teen I have no shame in going ehehehehehe~ at that.

SO THE GAY BULGE WASNT GAY

;_;

Huh, just realized both Fate and Stay Night's Lancers have E in luck. Makes sense.

Yep.

And for that matter, Saber under Kerry had lower luck than with Shirou, even though every other stat was higher.

It's implied that being lancer is suffering inherently

Saber's difference in stats between the two time she's summoned is afaik due to the fact that Kiritsugu's an actually good magus compared to the so-so shirou.

the luck maybe because the fact that kiritsugu and saber is far from compatible with each other, person-wise.

maybe

not sure.

SO THE GAY BULGE WASNT GAY

Cu Chulainn was a very famous womanizer. He did it with loads and loads of women, ya'know. However, judging by the kind of relationship he had with Ferdiad, he may be bi - well, he is a free spirit after all, so he can be whatever the hell he wants, straight or gay~

Given that they're Kayneth and Kirei, I think it implies Lancers get summoned by a******s.

Kirei didn't summon Lancer.

But whether that'll be explained in the next episode (I'm personally hoping for a Lancer flashback then...) remains to be seen.

@Mitcher Green: Indeed, indeed~

Archived