Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, really? That just sounds weird. A servant definitely has a concept of death inside them, I mean they can die and all so...

shiki can kill servants damnit in actual combat, most servants are just too good for shiki to be able to actually reach out and cut, is the excuse i heard which is bullshit because both shikis can do some serious athletics, tohno especially

which is bullshit because both shikis can do some serious athletics, tohno especially

If you're being serious, then serious athletics mean nothing in the face of Servants with ridiculous strength, ridiculous speed, ridiculous abilities, and a ridiculous super move to top it off. Whether or not they'll work, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception mean nothing in the presence of such overwhelming individuals. Just so you know exactly how outmatched they are, about you go rewatch the Servant battles involving Lancer or Berserker, and then compare that with the KnK battles~? 

The two Shikis are great and all, but they're still merely modern era humans with their only real advantage being higher-than-normal reflexes and concentration, as well as MEoDP of course. According to Nasu, Ryougi Shiki could probably fight a defensive battle against Assassin, but that's about it~

Wait, really? That just sounds weird. A servant definitely has a concept of death inside them, I mean they can die and all so...

shiki can kill servants damnit in actual combat, most servants are just too good for shiki to be able to actually reach out and cut, is the excuse i heard which is bullshit because both shikis can do some serious athletics, tohno especially

Only Ryougi can see the lines because she's more experienced. Not to mention, even if they can conceive the concept of their lines, they can't cut them because servants are fucking weird.

Could Archer actually take on Gilgamesh? f***ing paradoxes man, he loses to Berserker in the Fate route, but Shirou can fight Gilly head on in UBW and not immediately get rekt like Berserker effectively did, and Archer has a million years of experience as a Guardian.

Archer get's destroyed by Gilgamesh. He probably wouldn't use EA against him because he's a faker, but he's still a servant so he'd defo bring out the armour. Armour which can somehow take an Excaliblast point blank and not have him immediately die. Archer also has superior stats.

I mean, I kinda prefer Apocrypha to be animated than UBW tbh since DEEN/UBW exists, buuut, it's pretty good so I can't complain.

but seriously shiki kills servants. Discuss.

It depends if we're talking about SHIKI or Shiki or Shiki or Shiki c;

Apoc is fine as an LN series. If you want to read it, read it. If not, don't. What's the point in Type-Moon if everything is animated like a year after it's finished. May as well just have UFO hire Take and Nasu. Official translations? Now that's something I could get behind.

I'm not so sure about Fate/Apocrypha, but I'd personally think it would be totally awesome if Shaft went ahead and animated Extra and/or Extra CCC. Even more so if they go ahead with a female protagonist~

Could Archer actually take on Gilgamesh? f***ing paradoxes man, he loses to Berserker in the Fate route, but Shirou can fight Gilly head on in UBW and not immediately get rekt like Berserker effectively did, and Archer has a million years of experience as a Guardian.

Gil-kun severely overestimated Shirou, who pushed himself to the limits, had Rin's mana support him, and had even absorbed a lot of Archer's own experience, putting him at least a little close to Archer.

On the other hand, if it were the real thing, since he's a Servant and all, Gil-kun wouldn't hesitate to go all-out or at least pull out his armour, making things a hell load harder. He might even use Ea if Archer tries to do something big.

If you're being serious, then serious athletics mean nothing in the face of Servants with ridiculous strength, ridiculous speed, ridiculous abilities, and a ridiculous super move to top it off. Whether or not they'll work, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception mean nothing in the presence of such overwhelming individuals. Just so you know exactly how outmatched they are, about you go rewatch the Servant battles involving Lancer or Berserker, and then compare that with the KnK battles~? 

The two Shikis are great and all, but they're still merely modern era humans with their only real advantage being higher-than-normal reflexes and concentration, as well as MEoDP of course. According to Nasu, Ryougi Shiki could probably fight a defensive battle against Assassin, but that's about it~

I was actually serious but you've reminded me of the power gap. Sorry.

And well, if SHAFt does decide to do /Extra, it'll definitely happen before Kizumonogatari finishes anyway.

Well, I've been following and reading Apo whenever I can. Idk, probably I simply wanted to see Lancer of Red being animated in his full glory.

And really, neither Shiki (exceeeeeeept Ryougi in Fate/Extra, but that world's weird) can seriously fight a servant and expect to win. I mean, even not counting whether they can see their death lines or not, their ability won't even work if they're not even able to actually fight and land a blow before getting utterly decimated.

>UBW gives munnies
>Makes HF, gives munnies
>makes ataraxia
>more munnies
>makes apocrypha/extra
>rinse and repeat

A-At least it'd maybe get people to finally read the VN/LN/Play the fucking games?????

ufo should animate everything and then make a new carnival phantasm as the icing on the cake mang

Pls no. Only Lerche should touch Carnival Phantasm. I honestly don't feel safe knowing another studio would be touching it. The artstyle is perfect and doesn't need the rhino effect of Ufo imo.

Pls no. Only Lerche should touch Carnival Phantasm. I honestly don't feel safe knowing another studio would be touching it. The artstyle is perfect and doesn't need the rhino effect of Ufo imo.

I suppose you're right, but maybe they'll get out of that rhino stage by the time they finish all these fate spin-offs/Tsukihime

Is Canaan set in this universe as well?

Is Canaan set in this universe as well?

Alas, it is not. Canaan is rather unique that way.

And rather than universe, think of it as a multiverse. For instance, Tsuki no Sango and Notes take place in two separate alternate futures~

Disagree. The art  style might be okay for when it came out, but it's aged poorly and there was a somewhat obvious lack of a budget with Carnival Phantasm. A remake wouldn't honestly be that bad and I'm not really sure why everyone b****es about the face shape too. It's not that bad (barely noticeable really) and things with way worse artstyles are currently airing o.o"

Anyways I finally managed to catch up x.x" And my thoughts:

[spoiler=Thoughts on episode 16-18]

Jeez Gil... I know you need the grail but don't you think ripping poor Illya's heart out is- Oh wait, it is that important...

Glad to see Shiro stand up to Gil... sorta

Oh my god, somebody shut Shinji up already x.x The whole "I'm cool!" "No you aren't" "Shut the f*** up! T~T" thing is really starting to annoy me >.>

I never really thought about it, but yeah Shiro's actually a much better character when you put the thought that all he does is help people and not himse- Ehhhhhh what am I saying!?

Interesting how they know everything about Gilgamesh already... Musta visited his Wikipedia page during the scene transition.

Jeez Lancer, I know it's been awhile but can't you keep it in your pants and act professional?

Shiro's law. You can try killing me twice, but as long as you don't hit on my girl then we can be friends.

No seriously though Shiro, Lancer's basically telling you that his master is vitally important to the outcome of the Grail War ._. He might as well be saying "My master set EVERYONE up. Want to stop him?"

Rin may as well just say "I-it's no like I like you! B-baka!" through that entire scene

We're off to set the Caster~ The wonderful Caster of Fuyuki~

Huh... Looks like Archer's up to something. IS HE MAYBE PLANNING A DOUBLE CROSS! O.O *ace detective*

Rin: "Soooo you know that pendant you gave me?"
Shiro: "Yeah?"
Rin: "Archer gave me the same one, but there's only one in existence."
Shiro: "That's weird"
Rin: "He also looks like an older, slightly blacker version of you."
Shiro: "You going somewhere with this?"
Rin: "Nope. Let's go."
Me: "Are you f***ing serious? ._."

Once again, I've splooshed my pants at how gorgeous the fights are in this. I don't even care if Lancer or Archer wins this is just entertaining... But yeah Lancer's gonna wi- Oh he won.

Oh Archer. You sneaky man. We need more honest liars like you on the wall.

So... The ace up Rin's sleeve was she's going to just punch Caster in the face while Shiro get's his ass kicked? Genius.

OH DAYUM! ARCHER DOUBLE CROSSED CASTER! WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT!?

Shiro's thoughts: "Trace on? Now where have I heard that before?"

And yay Saber's finally free of the creepy bondage cra- What is Archer doing? No... no... HE DID A TRIPLE CROSS!? ... Why am I surprised? ._.

Huh, so Saber's with Rin now? Probably for the best.

"I am the bone of my sword..."
Oh s*** here it comes...
"I have created, over a thousand blades"
You uhhh you skipped a bit but that's ok-
"Unlimited... Blade Works!"
Well... I woulda prefered the full chant since it sounds so cool

Wait, which Shiro is the good guy here?[/spoiler]

Overall, I'm pleased with how the series is going thus far.

Disagree. The art  style might be okay for when it came out, but it's aged poorly and there was a somewhat obvious lack of a budget with Carnival Phantasm. A remake wouldn't honestly be that bad and I'm not really sure why everyone b****es about the face shape too. It's not that bad (barely noticeable really) and things with way worse artstyles are currently airing o.o"

Anyways I finally managed to catch up x.x" And my thoughts:

"I am the bone of my sword..."
Oh s*** here it comes...
"I have created, over a thousand blades"
You uhhh you skipped a bit but that's ok-
"Unlimited... Blade Works!"
Well... I woulda prefered the full chant since it sounds so cool

The artstyle if anything has aged perfectly. It get's better over time. It's the type of series that doesn't need good animation and just good writing, which it clearly has. The artstyle suited it amazingly.

Also the chant is only a small amount in the VN as well. Pls read the VN.

Archived