[Tournament] Official Duel Portal Pooling and Banlist Thread

Maeriberii Haan

[hr]

Duel Portal Tournament Pooling Thread

[hr]

So, this thread will be used to determine the usable cardpool for the Duel Portal tournament. We are striving to have the usable cards be without much problematic interactions as possible, and generally be balanced, and this is an attempt to keep things more controlled.

Cards will be submitted in this thread. Official Duel Portal Tournaments will utilize the cards in this pool, and all Konami cards according to a banlist refitted to cater to our interest. Cards outside of that would be strictly forbidden.

The initial pool will have each participants gives a maximum of 15 archetypal cards and 10 non-archetypal/generic cards, and subsequent additions after each month's tournaments will limit the submission to 15 cards total (including both archetypal and non-archetypal).

If there is any suggestions/critic regarding this system, please let us know in this thread.

[divider1]

[spoiler=Current Card Pool, only names will be listed]

[spoiler=Archetypes]

Crusolars

Magiciars (Liane, Radiant Purge, Arista, and Meditation are excluded.)

Full Bloom

Aurora Seeker

Skilled Soul

Voyager

Cyclone

Party of Fire

Decay Dragons

Mechanimal

Cherodei

Earth Destroyers

Playful-Beasts

Darklords

Synthetical

Queen Anne's

G.D.S

Soul Dragon

Mazera

Helicrons

Sky Conquerors

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Generics]

[spoiler=Main Deck][spoiler=Monster]

• Aniass, the Archlord's Champion
  • Archer of Bound Souls
  • Armored Command Angel
  • Assault Brigadier
  • Chaos Elementalist
  • Dark Angel Emperor
  • Darklord of Dark Eclipse
  • Dimensional Wizard
  • Empyreal Melodist
  • Essence Cannoner
  • Frontline Combatant
  • Genex Ally Birdguy
  • Grave Relinquisher
  • Heartfelt Announcer
  • Hot-Red Arrow Express
  • Jinzo - Noir
  • Keeper of Dawn
  • Last Injector
  • Lena, the Impeller Fairy
  • Lunar Champion
  • Miracle Blizzard
  • Mirror Witch
  • Necro Devourer
  • Polychrome Prodigy
  • Rad Robot
  • Scorpiant
  • Seductress of Bound Souls
  • Serene-Dippity
  • Signal Thief
  • Solar Champion
  • Stygian Warwolf
  • Universal Code

[/spoiler][spoiler=Spell]

• Accel Dimension
  • Armed and Ready
  • Cloaking Barrier
  • Cursed Brand of Atrophy
  • Dark Soul
  • Demise of the Valiant Jewel
  • Fallen Sanctuary
  • Fight Club
  • For Every Mountain
  • Four Origin Gathering
  • Grave Statue of the Guardians
  • Kingdom of the Tributed
  • Memory of the Unused Spell
  • Second Being
  • Shifting Sands
  • Skill Equipped: Drain Soul
  • Skill Equipped: Soul Flare
  • Skill Equipped: Soul Shell
  • Skill Equipped: Soul Shield
  • Spell of Giants
  • Thought Wrenching
  • Throne-Room Inside the Sanctuary
  • Total Praise
  • Tribute Monument of Kolaghan
  • Tribute Monument of Silumgar
  • Xyz Repent

[/spoiler][spoiler=Trap]

• Chain Break
  • Chain Execution
  • Chip Off the Ol'Block
  • Deal with the Dead 
  • Dragged to the Dark Dimension
  • Fade Out
  • Life Drain
  • Lightning Blast
  • Mentality Fatality
  • Moonlit Eclipse
  • Reader's Block
  • Unchained
  • Unwinding Time

[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=Extra Deck][spoiler=Fusion]

• Dimensional Beast Archer
  • Flower Goddess of Reincarnation, Arboros

[/spoiler][spoiler=Synchro]

• Airdrake Qingtong
  • Archer of the White Tower
  • Assault Commander
  • Aster of the Walking Flames
  • Crimson Core - Synfania
  • Deffence Armor
  • Earthbinder Dragon
  • Elhura the Semi-omniscient
  • Eternity Crusader
  • Firedrake Zhongxuani
  • Hand of the Beastking
  • Festered Reptile
  • Justine the Dreaded Light Bearer
  • Myria, Queen of Claws
  • Necromaster Lich Necromancer
  • Seadrake Yunhai
  • Shimmer Jade Dragon
  • Slayer of Great Injustice
  • Strike-Warrior
  • Treasury Helm
  • Twin Arrow Diana

[/spoiler][spoiler=Xyz]

• Absol the Emissary of Disaster
  • Accursed Snake
  • April Ghouls
  • Assault Marshal
  • Barbaric Warwolf
  • Bezheal, the Commander of Courage
  • Bittersweet Magician of Fabricated Life
  • Crossbow Pixie
  • Devourer of Unfortunate Souls
  • Ebon Core - Miledia
  • Fiendish Joker
  • Freedom Dive Angel - Virashion
  • Frontline General Risalkia
  • Gigantitoad
  • Gold Thunder Liberator
  • Hachi the Forgiven Crow
  • Harpist of Lament, Oraia  Phonos
  • Heiress of the Lich King
  • Hyperion, Infected master of Entropy
  • Interdimensional Dragon
  • Impeller Fairy Fallen Swordswoman
  • M-X-Saber Fullknight Piranha
  • Mary the Cleaver
  • Mechatonne Cannon
  • Minos, Ruler of the Undead
  • One-Inch Titan Killer, Isshun "The Hero"
  • One that Divines Dream and Reality
  • Origin Point Tiras
  • Perdition Knight of Phantasm
  • Queen of Negativity
  • Sinister Seeker
  • Sovereign of Black Thunder - L'Cire
  • Swift Silk Huntress
  • The Witch of Isealis
  • Thunderous Kaiser "THE BLOOD"
  • Trap Engineer Vivyzian

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[divider1]

[spoiler=Current DP Banlist]

We are currently using the July '15 TCG banlist, with the following changes:

Banned:

The entirety of cards currently without a confirmed TCG release date.

Denko Sekka
Exodia the Forbidden One
Djinn Releaser of Rituals
Performage Trick Clown
Royal Magical Library

Carrotman

Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
Magical Abductor

Elder Entity Norden

Explosive Dragoknight Ignister Prominence

Number 86: Rhomnogyiad
Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
Tellarknight Ptolemaeus

Fusion Gate
Limiter Removal
Raigeki
Rekindling
Soul Charge

Wavering Eyes

Skill Drain
Vanity's Emptiness

Limited:
Archlord Kristya
Honest

Traptrix Myrmeleo

Star Seraph Sovereignty

Performage Trapeze Magician
Lavalval Chain

Reinforcement of the Army
Brilliant Fusion

Semi-Limited

Armageddon Knight

[/spoiler]

[hr]

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can start submitting now, right? And is it ok if we end up not being in the actual tournament?

[spoiler='If we can submit now... If not, then whoops. :(']The 13-card Crusolar archetype. Wait, 13? Wow.

These 10 are my generics.

VINRS5d.jpg
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card attacks during the turn it is Synchro Summoned, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; shuffle it into the Deck. Your opponent cannot activate the targeted card in response to this effect.

KgZyQx4.jpg
If this card attacks a Defense Position monster during the turn that this card is Synchro Summoned, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When this card attacks an opponent's monster: You can change that monster to face-down Defense Position. Your opponent cannot activate that monster's effect in response to this effect. Once per turn, when a card(s) is destroyed: Inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent.

gWvbeH7.jpg
1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 face-down monster your opponent controls; destroy it. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change this card to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, change that monster to face-down Defense Position.
GcQxkLs.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters
All monsters you control gain 200 ATK. This attacking monster cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if an opponent's monster that battled this card is not destroyed: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; shuffle that opponent's monster into the Deck.

(Not very sure about this, since we're wanting to cut back on R4s.)

cMd0axL.jpg

The equipped monster loses 1500 ATK. If the equipped monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, and this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target. If this card would be removed from the field after being equipped by this effect, banish it.

(In DP, this only debuffs by 1000. Would like to see if everyone else wants it to drop by 1000 or by 1500.)

UjZp9OI.jpg

Once per turn, when your opponent Sets a card: You can reveal that card. Once per turn, during your opponent's End Phase: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it.

hdKK8qu.jpg

Once while this card is on the field, during either player's turn: You can pay 1500 Life Points, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; destroy it.

jWcWD2C.jpg

Cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a DARK monster. When you Normal Summon a monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned this way: When this effect resolves, immediately Synchro Summon a monster using only this card and the Normal Summoned monster as Synchro Materials. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon: You can target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; add that target to your hand, but you cannot Normal or Special Summon that monster.

QavoZAU.jpg

Each effect of "Necromaster Lich Necromancer" can only be activated once per turn. When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon as many "Skeletal Ravager Tokens" (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 300/DEF 200) as possible to your side of the field. These Tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon or be used as Synchro Material Monsters. During either player's turn, you can Tribute any number of "Skeletal Ravager Tokens" you control; apply 1 of the following effects based on the number of Tokens Tributed.
● 1: Shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck, then draw 1 card.
● 2: Until the end of this phase, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
● 4: Destroy 1 face-up monster on the field

h6na7lA.jpg

When your opponent activates a card or effect that would Special Summon a monster(s): Negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card. That card's effect(s) are negated while it is in the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

I has a question, I mean besides Bagel's question of whether or not we're in the tournament.

Would 16 cards for an archetype be too much, how strict is the rule here? Or would be better to release it in bits like Konami? I could dumb it down to 15 cards, but I'm just wondering how strict these rules are.

Here's a suggestion: you can also release only the cards you are going to use in your Deck, and the rest later.

Anyway, submitting my archetype.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331053-archetype-truths-and-apothegms-1919-complete/

Liane, Radiant Purge, and Meditation are excluded. You may count Arista as a generic.

Generics I am adding to the pool ... note that anything unlinked may be found at my generics thread here.

Monsters
Empyreal Melodist
Polychrome Prodigy

Spells
Four Origin Gathering
Equalizer Matrix

Traps
Unwinding Time
Moonlit Eclipse
Lightning Blast
Imperative Reprisal
Temporal Maze [Limit 1]

Of course, others may add cards from my generic thread as well if they so prefer.

[spoiler=Archetype Submissions]
[spoiler=Full Bloom]

ZfQjnTgl.jpg

WNpUzpUl.jpg

iZuHYgBl.jpg

DrgsekKl.jpg

UREOADil.jpg

DYZqcWw.jpg

da9OMEHl.jpg

iBmzmqVl.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Soul Saviors]

MP0MHCzl.jpg

ErPmqPol.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Generic Stuffs]

Following Cards Are Uploaded on DP, but I'm too lazy to fetch their full pics:

-Sovereign of Black Thunder - L'cire

-Thunderous Kaiser "THE BLOOD"

-Thunderous Kaiser

-Slayer of Great Injustice

-Perdition Knight of Phantasm

-Hellhole Court

-Snow Mirage, Izuka Hyakki

xqKnPVkl.jpg

(Rank-Across Magic on DP)

6EovoS7l.jpg

9lgRer2l.jpg\

XzjpQhwl.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Archetype Stuffs]

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334711-archetype-aurora-seekers/

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Generic stuffs]

R44MzPN.jpg
3 Level 1 Monsters
You can Xyz summon this card using a rank 6 or higher DARK Xyz Monster you control (Xyz Materials on that monster become attached to this card as well). If this card's ATK is 2100 or less: It cannot be targeted for an attack or by a card effect. Once per turn during your End Phase if there is another monster on the field, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 card from your hand: Destroy all monsters on the field with higher ATK than this card, then this card gains 1000 ATK. You cannot conduct your next battle phase if you activated this card's effect.

wCaH23s.jpg
3 level 3 monsters
You can Xyz summon this card using a rank 5 or higher LIGHT Xyz Monster you control (Xyz Materials on that monster become attached to this card as well). This card cannot declare an attack the turn you summoned it this way. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material form this card; flip all other cards on the field face-down (if it's a monster, it's changed into face-down Defense Position instead). Cards flipped face-down by this effect cannot be flipped face-up until your next standby phase.

vDjsYEy.jpg
2 Level 6 monsters
During either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; halve the ATK of all other Special Summoned monster on the field. During either player's Standby Phase, you can discard 1 card; cards that would be sent to the graveyard is banished instead until the End Phase of the turn. If this card declares an attack, change it to Defense Position at the end of the Damage Step.

izDFYtg.jpg
2 level 4 Special Summoned monsters.
During either player's turn when a Spell Card is activated, you can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Negate the activation and if you do, Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower monster from your hand or graveyard, but its effects are negated. During your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a monster you control. A monster equipped with this card gains 500 ATK, and if a card effect would remove it from the field, send this equipped card to the graveyard instead.

LpdYP1o.jpg
Target 1 monster you control and another card on the field; banish them. During the End Phase of the turn this card is activated, return both cards to their owner's hand. 

koMAdnx.jpg
Negate the effect of a card that targets a face-up monster you control. Then, you can discard 1 card; until the End Phase of the turn, monsters on the field and in the graveyard cannot be targeted by card effects.

3JQqjAc.jpg
1 Tuner + 1 or more Warrior-type monster
You can also Synchro Summon this card using a face-up Warrior-type Xyz monster you control with 2 or more Xyz Materials as this card's entire Synchro Material. This card cannot declare an attack the turn its summoned this way. If a monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, you can banish 1 Warrior-type monster from your graveyard to negate it's effect until the End Phase. If this card is the only monster you control; this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effect.

[/spoiler]

There's my stuffs.

I'd like to submit Sky Conquerors as Archetype and my whole DP archive, except for "Lance of Normality" and "Shockwave Light Slasher" as generics. I'm sure both don't exceed the card limit. Also, I would like to know if this thread will also be used to discuss the General power level and such stuff, as submitted Archetypes will likely have to be looked over.

[spoiler=Cards for submit]
[spoiler=Archtype (15/15)]
Daskillit the Soul Bearer
Skilled Breaker Daksoulet
[spoiler=Soul of Shining Skills]
HY9xndR.jpg
Text: 2 "Soul" Cards that are also "Skill" Cards.
You can Detach 2 XYZ Materials from this card and Target 1 Level 4 monster in your Banish Pile: Shuffle that card into your Deck, then until your next Standby Phase "Skill Equipped" cards that would be Banished are sent to the Graveyard instead.
During your End Phase: Attach 1 card in your Banish Pile to this card.[/spoiler]
Twisted Soul Skillenos
Asoulart Carrier of Skill
Barthenus Skilled Soul Stealer
Haeskill Soul of Regret
Skill Equipped: Enlightend Soul
Skill Equipped: Ethereal Soul
Skill Equipped: Soul Focus
Skill Equipped: Soul Ignite
Skill Equipped: Soul Summoning
Skilled Soul: Skill Defined
Encaged Soul: Broken Skill
IceBurn Liquid Nitrogen[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Generic (8/10)]
Justine the Dreaded Light Bearer
Aster of the Walking Flames
Fight Club
Skill Equipped: Drain Soul
Skill Equipped: Soul Flair
Skill Equipped: Soul Shell
Skill Equipped: Soul Shield
[spoiler=The Witch of Isealis]
EzqTxoG.jpg
Text: 2 Level 4 Monsters.
During either players turn you can Detach 1 XYZ Material from this card: Until the end of the next Phase, cards that would be sent to the Graveyard are Banished instead.
If this card destroys a monster by battle and it is Banished as a result: you can attach that monster to this card as an XYZ Material.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
All cards can be found through [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331055-archive-avarens-dp-cards/]here[/url] or are in spoiler tab.

I have 2 spots left (can move some skilled soul cards around as most are generic), if anyone want to petition me for my remaining spots... you know where to find me.

Gonna change up the cards I'm going to submit.

Archetype - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/329103-archetype-angel-summoners-and-bmx-guardians/ (None at present)
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331184-mini-archetype-voyager/ (all)

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331534-mini-archetype-cyclone/ (all)

(15/15)

Generic - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/330261-singles-btanhs-generic-cards/

- Dimensional Wizard

- Chaos Elementalist

- Dragged to the Different Dimension

- Genex Ally Birdguy

- Embryo's Dream (Nai - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331875-nais-dp-archive-updated)

- Mirror Witch (Cirrus - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/329851-cirruss-generic-cards/)

(6/10)

Notable cards I'm not currently adding (though others may feel free) are Yesden, Trith, and Soul Furnace

For the people who decided to go over my cards (and isn't in the super chocalatey fudge Skype chat), I updated Crusolars Spearsage and Enforcer; Spearsage only debuffs once during her stay, but by 1k. Likewise, Enforcer debuffs all opponent's monsters by 500, but only once during her stay.

Ragna Zero is evil.

EDIT: Seadrake Yunhai now requires 2+ non-Tuners and its effect only hits face-down monsters. Airdrake Qingtong can only spin face-down Spells/Traps (just because it looks cleaner).

Some questions:
-Submiting cards here is like submiting a deck for any other tournament or it's about adding more cards to DP?
-Whenever we want to enter a tournament but use the same cards from the previous one, do we still have to submit cards?
-Are we supposed to use only the submited cards, like any other tournament?
-It's said that someone who wants to participate can submit cards, so it's optional. Right?
-If the reason we submit is for decks' validation, can we submit cards by adding links (from the Wiki or elsewhere) to the cards that we'll use?

1. Basically, it's a card pool for the tournament so there are no surprises regarding meta creeps and other things. * shrugs *

2. I would probably assume that you don't.

3. Given Nai's wording, might be.

4. Seems to be optional, so that's where I'm going on this.

5. I'd probably allow it; either use the YGO Wikia for it or we design our own so our stuff can be found more easily.

(TBH, I have a spare Wikia that can be used for it; if the need arises.)

Or you can just PM either myself or Nai about validation.

-----

Keep in mind that I didn't hear anything about this from Nai beforehand, so can't really say if my responses are accurate.

Should be, however.

Archived