[Tournament] Official Duel Portal Pooling and Banlist Thread

Maeriberii Haan

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say I'd put these two up once I was satisfied with things, so here they are.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/337832-sakura-flash-step-pegasus/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/338760-sakura-25k-arcane-dragon/

(They are not on DP right now, due to it acting stupid + not allowing me to type or c/p stuff at the moment. I will have them up hopefully by tomorrow.)

EDIT: Flash is up, but Arcane is currently not.

I did say I'd put these two up once I was satisfied with things, so here they are.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/337832-sakura-flash-step-pegasus/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/338760-sakura-25k-arcane-dragon/

(They are not on DP right now, due to it acting stupid + not allowing me to type or c/p stuff at the moment. I will have them up hopefully by tomorrow.)

EDIT: Flash is up, but Arcane is currently not.

Decided to take a more active role in my position for pool approval. 

Pegasus honestly still feels like a bit much. An Armades at level 6 is already powerful, and adding in a Horus effect that you can use every turn (and please note that previous targets stay negated) is silly. I feel like the Horus effect should either be a once while face-up (a la wind-ups) or only last until the end of the turn. Second option is definitely preferable, as it prevents it from generally outclassing an already very good card.

The Dragon is the same kind of deal. Armades effects are not something to just toss around, especially on big monsters. I notice you changed it to only banish face-up cards, but even then, a fully generic level 8 synchro version of Chaos Sorcerer that can also hit backrow is insanely strong. It is generally better than most other level 8 synchro options, which is not something I am comfortable with.

If either DeVille of Darkness of Nai would like to pass those cards through, I will leave it to their judgment, but I am not a fan of either of these in the pool, personally.

I originally had Pegasus with a Breakthrough Skill kind of thing, but given Black's critique at the time, I opted to give it something similar to what Metaphys Horus does.

Can revert it back to that if that's the case, because I am well aware negation is something to tread on carefully and that's why I chose to do that originally (BTS).

In terms of Arcane Dragon, I can further tone it down a bit if it is indeed going to be problematic with the banishing stuff, despite the hard OPT.

Likely will just have it monsters, but then it'll just be a Synchro expy of Sorcerer, or I can make it non-generic material-wise (likely Dragon or DARK) and retain the effects it has now.

I can also strip the Armades effect off of it, or just revert it to the Ancient Gear clause (just block S/T cards, but that'll still do a bit).

-----

Should remember that DP does not have all of the threats that the actual game does (and that's how these were being designed in Advanced).  

If Nai or Darkness agree with you, I can make modifications to tone them down for play in here.

I should take a look at the pool cards thus far, so I get a better idea on things, but like I've probably noted a few times in the past, DP tends to act up on my end (such as with copy/pasting stuff or even typing). That's part of the reason why I don't go on DP on a regular basis.

Arcane is not yet up.

Going to join the upcoming tournament with the Hakvortz archetype, also adding a couple of generic support cards:

EDIT: Changed my mind and I am no longer joining. Still want to submit the generic support so I will leave them here.

Generic addition

Synchro Monster

[spoiler=Darkvolt Surge]jxgpoqH.jpg
1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; place 1 Surge Counter on that target, and if you do, its effects are negated. If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 face-up card on the field: Place 1 Surge Counter on that target. If a card with a Surge Counter on it is destroyed while this card is on the field or in your Graveyard: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

A Synchro7 card remover for decks with DARK Tuners. Secretly designed to be Summoned with Krebons + Level5 monster.

Here are my additions to the pool for the upcoming tourney
[spoiler=Monsters]LxDGQNG.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Rubble Counter from an “Everheight Crag” you control. Once per turn, you can remove 3 Rubble Counters from an “Everheight Crag” you control: destroy a card your opponent controls. This card cannot be used as an Xyz material.

Hi1nuGu.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Rubble Counter from an “Everheight Crag” you control instead. When this card is Summoned: Add 1 "Everheight Crag" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Craglord Recruit" once per turn. This card cannot be used as an Xyz material.

L9n5dvz.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Cannot be Normal Summoned/ Set. If you control only a "Crag" monster(s), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Craglord Supervisor" once per turn this way. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Rubble Counter from an “Everheight Crag” you control instead. This card cannot be used as an Xyz material, except when the other material is a “Crag” monster you control and this card is treated as level 8 for that Xyz Summon.

KToeFJD.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Rubble Counter from an “Everheight Crag” you control instead.You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Craglord Surveyor" per turn, and only once that turn. 

*When this card is Summoned: you can discard 1 card; add 1 “Crag” card from your Deck to your hand.

*Once per turn, you can remove 2 “Rubble Counter” from an “Everheight Crag” you control; add 1 “Crag” card from your Deck to your hand. This card cannot be used as an Xyz material.

VlTICFx.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Rubble Counter from an “Everheight Crag” you control instead. Once per turn, you can return 1 "Crag" card you control to the top of your deck.

This card cannot be used as an Xyz material.

gKo9Mi9.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]If you control more face-up Spell/ Trap cards than your opponent you can Special Summon this card(from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Pacifist Golem" this way once per turn.

gK9RRGv.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card would be destroyed, it is not. This card cannot be used as an Xyz material. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon: target 1 "Delet" or "Craglord" monster in your deck: Special Summon that monster in defense position. That monster's effect is negated until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Craglord Deletor Golem" once per turn.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]DT6BO0I.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]2 level 8 monster

This card also counts as “Everheight Crag” while face up on the field. You can remove all Rubble Counters of the field and add that many to this card. Once per turn, you can add 2 Rubble Counter: you can destroy 1 Crag card you control. This card gains 100 ATK for each Rubble Counter on an “Everheight Crag” you control and has piercing battle damage. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card would leave your side of the field, you can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card and remove all Rubble Counters (Min. 1) from this card instead. If you activate this effect this card cannot attack during your next Battle Phase. When this card declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

QgG6mQr.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]1 "Crag" monsters + 1 or more Rock- Type monsters

Must be first Special Summoned by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization"). (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Rubble Counter from an “Everheight Crag” you control instead. This card gains effects based on the amount of materials used to summon this monster.
*2 or more: If this card inflicts battle damage you can add 1 Crag card from your Graveyard to your hand.
*3 or more: If this card inflicts battle damage: add Rubble Counter(s) to it equal to its level. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.
*4 or more: You can remove 1 Rubble Counter: target 1 card on the field; negate the activation and effects of that card until the End Phase.

*5: If a Crag monster inflicts battle damage: Special Summon 1 Crag monster with a different name from your hand or deck.

p9d0OSj.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]"Pacifist Golem" + 1 or more non-Tuner Rock-Type monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: if a Rock-Type monster would leave the field by a card effect you can leave it on the field instead. Once per turn, at the end of the Damage Step, if a Rock-Type monster battles an opponent's monster: You can return the opponent's monster to the deck.

[spoiler=Spells]DOSF1JJ.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Once while this card is face-up on the field, you can add Rubble Counters to this card equal to the number of “Crag” cards on your side of the field. Once while this card is face-up on the field, you can special summon 1 level 4 "Crag" monster from your Graveyard in defense position, its effect cannot be activated this turn. You can only activate each effect of "Cragslide" once per turn and only once that turn.

PyQfsnc.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, you can send 1 Rock-type monster or “Crag” spell you control to the Graveyard: add 2 Rubble Counters to this card Once per turn, you can remove all “Rubble Counters” from cards on your side of the field and add them to this card. You can discard this card; place 1 Rubble Counter on all “Crag” monsters you control. There can only be 10 Rubble Counters on this card.

pPEMlTd.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Equip only to a “Crag” monster. Once per turn, you can remove 3 Rubble Counters from an “Everheight Crag” you control, and if you do target 1 card on the field; banish it until the End Phase. During either player's turn, if a "Crag" monster you control would be destroyed by battle while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card instead.

J722Bym.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Send 1 Crag monster from your deck to the Graveyard; reveal 1 level 4 or lower rock monster in your hand; its effect and name becomes the same as the monster sent to the Graveyard then special summon the monster from your hand. You cannot Special Summon any other monsters this turn, except Crag monsters.

aHgIMi0.jpg[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster; add 1 Level 4 or lower Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, then reveal it until the End Phase. This turn, you can Normal Summon the revealed monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You can only the effect of "Mineral Turnover" once per turn and only once that turn.

woe, returning after a few months and there's a banlist...or more of a whitelist?  and we can only submit 15 cards???? I have like, 5 decks and they're all 90% or more original.  I couldn't play this way

This is specifically for tourneys. We don't give a funk what you use otherwise.

Also, sorry everyone between my previous post and this one, been damn busy and will look through the submissions soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitting these for approval ATM, but this deck will be going through a bundle of testing! They are not finalized in their current state. I will post updates when they are made.

Galiants: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340074-archetype-galiants-use-their-deck-against-them-rank-4lvl-4-beatdown/

Edit: I will be doing a ton of work on this archetype, so I do not endorse placing these on the official card list. I hope to find a means of making this deck more mechanically interesting, as well as balanced. I'll update this page once I'm done re-innovating the deck.

Just going to say it here as a heads-up, there will be a rework of the tournament pooling system starting off next week hopefully, and while it is still being considered whether it's necessary or not, there is going to be a chance that the pool will be reset (however, the initial submission slot will be increased as a result if this does happen).

Thank you for your attention, and I'm sorry for the inconveniences~

• 2 weeks later...
here's my submission to the card pool
[spoiler=Sacred Queen of the Beasts]
sacred_queen_of_the_beasts_by_supah_niss

**Effect:
2 Beast-Warrior and/or Beast-Type monsters
Must first be Fusion Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. You can only Special Summon 1 "Sacred Queen of the Beasts" per turn. Other Beast and Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. You can Tribute 1 Beast or Beast-Warrior-Type monsters you control, except this card; Special Summon up to 2 non-Tuner monsters from your Deck with the same type as that monster whose combined Levels is equal to or less than the Level of the Tributed Monster. You can only use this effect of "Sacred Queen of the Beasts" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Sacred Queen of the Beasts".

[spoiler=Dragon Rulers]
[spoiler=Dragnite, Dragon Ruler of Ignition]
uQ29sGZ.png

**Effect:
If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 FIRE monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon 1 ”Dragnite, Dragon Ruler of Ignition” per turn. Once per turn: You can banish 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. During your Main Phase: You can send 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. You can only activate each effect of "Dragnite, Dragon Ruler of Ignition" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster.

[spoiler=Rivusian, Dragon Ruler of Atlantis']
161CU7p.png

**Effect:
If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 WATER monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon 1 ”Rivusian, Dragon Ruler of Atlantis” per turn. Once per turn: You can banish 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. During your Main Phase: You can Normal Summon 1 WATER monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set, with 1 less Tribute (if any). You can only activate each effect of "Rivusian, Dragon Ruler of Atlantis" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster.

[spoiler=Morinin, Dragon Ruler of the Forest]
96w4KRz.png

**Effect:
Once per turn: You can banish 1 EARTH monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster. You can only activate 1 of the following effect of "Morinin, Dragon Ruler of the Forest" once per turn:
● If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 EARTH monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card.
● You can discard this card and 1 EARTH monster to target 1 EARTH monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

[spoiler=Haroken, Dragon Ruler of Cyclones]
lJitEj1.png

**Effect:
Once per turn: You can banish 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster. You can only activate 1 of the following effect of "Haroken, Dragon Ruler of Cyclones" once per turn:
● If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 WIND monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card.
● You can discard this card and 1 WIND; add 1 Level 4 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Solaris, Dragon Ruler of Genesis]
YP1zFNk.png

**Effect:
Once per turn: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster. You can only activate 1 of the following effect of "Solaris, Dragon Ruler of Genesis" once per turn:
● If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 LIGHT monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card.
● You can discard this card and 1 LIGHT monster to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

[spoiler=Diabolos, Dragon Ruler of the Underworld]
uaJFDaq.png

**Effect:
If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can Tribute 2 DARK monsters from your hand or that you control, except this card; Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon 1 ”Diabolos, Dragon Ruler of the Underworld” per turn. Once per turn: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard; this card's Level becomes that monster's Level until the End Phase. During your Main Phase: You can target 1 of your banished monsters; return that target to your Graveyard. You can only activate each effect of "Diabolos, Dragon Ruler of the Underworld" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Dragon Ruler" monster.

Archived