Numbers Tournament Rebirth [Loser Bracket Rounds 2-4 and Main Bracket Semi-Finals]

[XYZ SUMMON]

Been a loooong while since the last Numbers Tournament, and with CORE hitting soon, I figured it would be a fun way to beckon the new cards in with a gimmick. Things are slightly changed now, but all will be explained.

[spoiler=Rules]The Format for this tournament is April 2015. Stall, Burn, Mill, and Alternate Win Conditions are prohibited as decks. Further edits to the list will be posted later, as well as some notes about numbers.

Please note that any banlist moves are not neccesarily based on overall health of the game, but more health of this tournament and its gimmick.

Games are to be played on www.duelingnetwork.com

This tournament will be Double Elimination. If you lose, you are not disqualified.

You must turn your decks in to Mugen/Marco

You are to play matches.

If you need an extension, PM Marco or myself ahead of time. Last minute will not be tolerated, nor will blatant stalling.

You may not edit your deck during the tournament in ANY way, except to add a Number(s) into it, or to add a Rank-Up Magic spell card into it to make a Chaos Number usable. If you do so, you must show Marco your new build and wait for approval.[/spoiler][spoiler=Concerning Numbers]First and foremost, the premise of the Tournament: You duel to claim Numbers from other players as you go, and all Numbers have their Anime/Manga protection:
"Cannot be destroyed by battle, except with "Number" monsters."

Your first Number will be randomly assigned by Marco once all members are in he fuckin wants to. After you are assigned a Number, you will choose a Number from the following list of 25 different Numbers to support the deck you wish to play. Simply tell Marco which you want in the same PM, provided it is not claimed before you choose it (Marco will try his best to keep this list current):
F0: Utopic Future
12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja
14: Greedy Sarameya
15: Gimmick Puppet of Strings
17: Leviathan Dragon
18: Heraldry Patriarch
20: Giga-Brilliant
21: Frozen Lady Justice
23: Lancelot, Ghost Knight of the Underworld
40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings
47: Nightmare Shark
48: Shadow Lich
50: Blackship of Corn
55: Gogogo Goliath
62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
63: Shamoji Soldier
69: Heraldry Crest
72: Shogi Rook
74: Master of Blades
79: Battlin' Boxer Nova Kaiser
80: Rhapsody in Berserk
82: Heartlandraco
83: Galaxy Queen
91: Thunder Spark Dragon
99: Utopic Dragon

Also to note, Numbers 13 and 31, should they be assigned, are treated as a single Number, so you are still eligible to choose another. You must run both of them, but you do also get a third Number.

You must be able to realistically summon your Numbers. Not "hurrdurr I run 2 level 8s in the Extra so I can make 15". Marco has the right to reject your deck if you're trying to dance around this, so really, don't.

When you win a match, you may take 1 of the loser's Numbers. Your opponent tells you their Number(s), whether publicly or privately, then you send Marco a PM telling him which you chose to claim after you let your opponent know your claim. The other Numbers they have are kept for the sake of Double elimination. If a member has 2+ Numbers in the Loser's Bracket, you still only get to claim 1 Number.

You may use up to 1 of each Chaos Number(s) associated with your Monster, but are not required to do so.

Continuing from the last point, you may run up to 1 of each "Utopia" Monster, if you get assigned Utopia. That said, you must run the original "Number 39: Utopia".

There will be one randomly assigned 'Barian'. The Barian will start with 1 Over-Hundred Number (101-106 and 107) randomly assigned, and they can then choose to gain 1 Over-Hundred Number instead of a regular Number each time they win a match. These numbers are treated the same as regular Numbers, but they cannot be claimed or lost.

Finally, some Numbers have been deemed not worthy of being live. As such, these Numbers will be barred from being assigned OR chosen. They are:
6: Chronomaly Atlandis
16: Shock Master
49: Fortune Tune
66: Master Key Beetle
86: Heroic Champion – Rhongomyniad
88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo
95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon[/spoiler][spoiler=Ban List and Special Rule]Banned:
Denko Sekka
Djinn Releaser of Rituals
Eclipse Wyvern
Judgment Dragon

Nekroz of Trishula
Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird
Elder God Noden
Ritual Beast Ulti-Cannahawk

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 “Burei”

Cyber Dragon Infinity
Saqlifice
Soul Charge
Temple of the Kings

Skill Drain

Limited:
Armageddon Knight
Kuribandit
Lonefire Blossom
Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
Mathematician
Yosenju Kama 1

Explosive Dragoknight Ignister Prominence
Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X “Bureido”

Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Reasoning
Reinforcement of the Army
Shaddoll Fusion

Void Dream
Air Barrier
Blaze Accelerator Reload
Breakthrough Skill
Mind Drain
Mistake

Semi-Limited:
Yuki Usagi AKA Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit
Fire Formation - Tenki

Again, these are not purely game health changes. Some, such as BTS or Shaddoll Fusion, are format changes. The aim is to summon your Number, so...

SPECIAL RULE: Duel Terminal Xyz Monsters cannot be played, except in their own decks. A few Xyz-based cards that are based in the DT explicitly forbid Numbers from their effects, so to take this a step further, and hopefully balance the format some, the DT Xyz are not able to be played completely generically. The list below covers these monsters.

Generic Duel Terminal:

• Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight

X-Saber:

• M-X-Saber Invoker

Lavals:

• Lavalval Ignis
  • Lavalval Chain

Gusto:

• Daigusto Phoenix
  • Daigusto Emeral

Gishki:

• Evigishki Merrowgeist

Gem-Knight:

• Gem-Knight Pearl

Vylon:

• Vylon Disigma

Lswarm:

• Steelswarm Roach
  • Evilswarm Bahamut
  • Evilswarm Nightmare
  • Evilswarm Thanatos
  • Evilswarm Ophion
  • Evilswarm Ouroboros
  • Evilswarm Exciton Knight

Constellar:

• Constellar Hyades
  • Constellar Prasepe
  • Constellar Omega
  • Constellar Pleiades
  • Constellar Ptolemy M7
  • Stellarknight Constellar Diamond

-Tellarknight:

• Stellarknight Delteros
  • Stellarknight Triverr
  • Stellarknight Constellar Diamond
  • Tellarknight Ptolemaus

[/spoiler][spoiler=Members]YCM/DN - Deck In?
1. Robin/Marsuvees Black - Yes
2. Ninanai Nanashi/NewNeoNai - Yes
3. Broke N./BrokenHeart15 - Yes
4. FinalDan/YRPOtaku169 - Yes
5. Bringerofcake/Bringerofcake - Yes
6. Gigaplant/Chaika Trabant - Yes
7. Luquier/Ojama Knight - Yes
8. Orakano of the Duston/kanokarob - Yes
9. ihop/iHop - Yes
10. Striker/Striker - Yes
11. RealmReaver/arkflame - Yes
12. Hestia/SquidwardTentacles - Yes
13. evilfusion/skielinfiniti - Yes
14. Reisen - Injustice/Frex - Yes
15. Admiral_Stalfos19/Admiral_Stalfos19 - Yes
16. DreadAngelofDarkness/1TRIK - Yes
[/spoiler][spoiler=Bracket]notourneyr.png
[/spoiler]Afterword: I understand the general reaction to a banned Fortune Tune, as I had it myself... But as someone pointed out, it's a bit too good when it can't die by battle to non-Numbers.

As for an application, just give me your DN and Challonge (if any) usernames. Looking for 16 players, though more/less is possible.

Tourney will start once Marco has assigned all of the Numbers and your decks are in. Decks are due 2 days after your numbers are assigned. I will be taking part, but I'm not going to know your decks, your Numbers, etc. Just making the bracket itself and managing the tournament.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a suggestion, based on my memory of the last Number tournament. Like this one, that one allowed anyone to use the Over-Hundred Numbers, but only 1 of them.

I think an alternative could be that only 1 player may use Over-Hundred Numbers (at the start), and in exchange, may use any or all of them instead of receiving other Numbers.

I just think it's kind of contradicting to possibly have multiple Over-Hundreds running around. With my suggestion, one person could run a dedicated Over-Hundred/Rank-Up Deck.

I have a suggestion, based on my memory of the last Number tournament. Like this one, that one allowed anyone to use the Over-Hundred Numbers, but only 1 of them.

I think an alternative could be that only 1 player may use Over-Hundred Numbers (at the start), and in exchange, may use any or all of them instead of receiving other Numbers.

I just think it's kind of contradicting to possibly have multiple Over-Hundreds running around. With my suggestion, one person could run a dedicated Over-Hundred/Rank-Up Deck.

Definitely a consideration, and will talk it over with Marco. I just am wary about cutting out generic goodstuffs completely, especially 107 and 103.

"There will be one randomly assigned 'Barian'. The Barian will start with 1 Over-Hundred Number (101-106 and 107) randomly assigned, and they can then choose to gain 1 Over-Hundred Number instead of a regular Number each time they win a match. These numbers are treated the same as regular Numbers, but they cannot be claimed or lost."

Addition to the rules.

When would this be starting? If its any time after the 11th, count me in. If not, ignore this.

I think I'll try joining here.

Username: Ninanai Nanashi

DN Username NinanaiNanashi

Might need to sort out some things first, but I think I'm ready for this, especially if the tourney starts at May.

"Tourney will start once Marco has assigned all of the Numbers and your decks are in. Decks are due 2 days after your numbers are assigned. I will be taking part, but I'm not going to know your decks, your Numbers, etc. Just making the bracket itself and managing the tournament."

This means no sooner than the 27th, but likely closer to the beginning of May.

"Tourney will start once Marco has assigned all of the Numbers and your decks are in. Decks are due 2 days after your numbers are assigned. I will be taking part, but I'm not going to know your decks, your Numbers, etc. Just making the bracket itself and managing the tournament."

This means no sooner than the 27th, but likely closer to the beginning of May.

Dang....Then sadly, I'm out....I would have loved to join in too..... :(

Yeah, but it's an incredible disadvantage for anyone that gets it though. That automatically makes things completely unfair for the user since they have to cater towards it deckwise. I mean, we all agree it's one of the worst Numbers right? So it should be stricken just so nobody has to suffer having to use it. It's just as soul sucking as what happened to its owner in the anime itself.

That's the list you CHOOSE from after you've been assigned your Number, ergo, Goldrat is in the random Number pool assigned to players beforehand. Every Number not on either of those two lists is a part of the randomized pool that will essentially decide your deck choice. This is why I feel Goldrat should be added to the unused/banned pool so the RNG doesn't majorly screw someone over if they're unlucky enough to get Goldrat. I know other janky Numbers are in the pool as well, it's just, Goldrat is the worst Number ever, and creates even more of a disadvantage than the other crappy Numbers.

Both added, and added the only other thing I forgot to the list; Yosenju Kama 1 is limited.

List won't be edited anymore, and I apologize for editing it at all. Again, changes are for the health of the gimmick, not so much the game as a whole.

Archived