The YCM Championship Series #3 - Round 3 Begins Shortly

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welche | ! Welche

I'm ready

When I'm in the finals I'm playing a League 1v1 on Howling Abyss instead. Get on my level

such a pro.

We have 13 people and still about 6 days. Decklists will be gathered on the 25th as well, that being the deadline. I will need at least one day to make sure of legality of cards and decks, especially in case of last minute decks being sent in. It won't take much time, tbh, but I do want to just keep track and give everyone the ability to start on the 27th, Monday.

I believe the OP states everything, but Dog King did mention the Event Coverage by Yu-Gi-Pros, his blog. Any one interested in doing match analysis, updates on the matches, etc. That would be great. I plan to do this like an MtG Grand Prix, but on a much smaller scale. That means that I will write the Top 4 Player Profile as I also post the top 4 deck lists. Deck profiles can be written by the players, as they would account for the most information to be given for spectators and such, which would be cool.

I will leave most of the blog stuff to Dog King as I do not wish to take part in everything, and thought community involvement would be much more appreciated. I am sure at least all of you know that I lack proper knowledge of competitive YGO anyways to be of any real service. I do support the idea, though. It would be pretty cool to have event coverage for this.

Challonger does support breakers and the works, so I do not have to do the work; It wasn't going to be that hard, but I made the dire mistake of thinking time-based draws were tiebreakers. Completely moronic on my part. I shall post the standings at the end of each round, and keep Challonger updated as well, of course.

Is there anything else needed to make sure of or are we good for now?

Could it be possible for there to be a rule that when you submit your deck you need to write it (main deck, extra and side) out and also provide a dn image

this would be easier to do event coverage on deck profiles and other stuff for the coverage

also as ZeroChill has no interest in participating he saidhe would be interested in doing deck profiles and match coverage and other stuff for the blog

Basically if we do a deck profile Dae would have to send that players deck to Zero and he would make questions on the deck without fully revealing it etc

he will also do other stuff like match coverage or whatever its called

Could it be possible for there to be a rule that when you submit your deck you need to write it (main deck, extra and side) out and also provide a dn image

this would be easier to do event coverage on deck profiles and other stuff for the coverage

also as ZeroChill has no interest in participating he saidhe would be interested in doing deck profiles and match coverage and other stuff for the blog

Basically if we do a deck profile Dae would have to send that players deck to Zero and he would make questions on the deck without fully revealing it etc

That shouldn't be a problem for people to sent me DN images.

Coverage? This is gonna be a load of fun.

That shouldn't be a problem for people to sent me DN images.

its not about the dn images its that people send both a dn image and written out decklist because it will be easier to do some stuff with written out decklists

most people usually just send in dn images and not written out deck lists

its not about the dn images its that people send both a dn image and written out decklist because it will be easier to do some stuff with written out decklists

most people usually just send in dn images and not written out deck lists

That is why I posted in the OP to send me both. For people who have sent me decklists already, I'll just ask them to also send a DN image. The decklists were for me to make sure of the legality of the deck and everything. The DN images would be for coverage.

oh i didnt see that, thats good so

also a note to people

Kozmotown on dn states that you only pay100lp for each level while at the moment from what we can read it sais 300lp on the blurred card

dn stated that they would not update this until they get an official card text

so for the tournament it should be even if dn dont update it Kozmotowns effect is 300lp for each level and not 100 since it more than likely will be updated with 300 sometime soon

Catman | DigBeak

I don't actually play DN so if someone could like tell me about the etiquette and sheet that'd be great, like are you supposed to OK every one of your opponent's summons and plays or what

some people will wait for a response, some won't. most won't ask if sheet is okay or not and generally assume you don't have anything, which can be annoying

Catman | DigBeak

I don't actually play DN so if someone could like tell me about the etiquette and sheet that'd be great, like are you supposed to OK every one of your opponent's summons and plays or what

It's polite to say okay to all of your opponent's stuff, but not a necessity. In the case that they don't give you the go-ahead, you're supposed to wait around 5 seconds unless they tell you they're thinking or something similar. The same can be said for you. If you need an extension of the time needed to respond, just say think or something.~

5 More hours until decklists should be turned in.

I am missing them from the following:

TheLocalSpinda

I am Dog King

Jabber2033

Goose

Self-Destruct Button

Rodrigo

Wildflame

ココ

Damnit timezones. I need until tomorrow it's 15 past midnight over here but I do have my deck ready.

Archived