Creature Swap

300px-CreatureSwap-SDGR-EN-C-1E.png

Each player chooses 1 monster they control and switches control of those monsters with each other. Those monsters cannot change their battle positions for the rest of this turn.

Now that I think about it, This looks really damn hilarious in Greydles. Like.... Unless the opponent only has 1 monster out, to which you would just ram a monster into, you can Swap a Grey to the opponent's side, run it over with whatever you got from Swap(assuming it was in attack position), and then your Grey proceeds to steal anything else the opponent has, seeing as how Greys that are destroyed can equip to any face-up monster they control.
'Course, this is the same sort of logic as playing Swap in Spirits, but still...
Discuss.

Good card for Monarchs (SS'ed Frog for an opponent's monster), Santa Claws to gain that 1-card-draw, good in MPB (exchange a Token),... with Graydles and Spirits (as Armz suggested),...

What else: Take control of a monster that cannot be affected by Spells/Traps (assuming it's not preventing control change and the opponent does not have a spare monster), a monster to use for Shaddoll Fusion,... or just give 'em something weak to deplete their LP.

In general, a card that can turn the tables when not expected.

P.S. One of the many old cards that can achieve a lot, despite whatever the newer cards can do.

Is this a kind of "reinventing the old-school card" topic? Swap has always been a thing.

Now that you mention Greydles, actually their predecessors - the first Aliens tried to implement the (mind) control at some point, but they had trouble with the counter mechanic which is slow at best, Aliens even have their own counterpart of this card (Interdimensional Warp)... Derailed.

I would say overall one of the best -1s in the game.

Except that's still the issue with the card itself, is the fact it's still a -1 regardless.

Though, it's not exactly THAT bad of a thing, seeing as how This card is hard to deal with, on the off chance you end up in an awkward scenario with it.

Except that's still the issue with the card itself, is the fact it's still a -1 regardless.

Though, it's not exactly THAT bad of a thing, seeing as how This card is hard to deal with, on the off chance you end up in an awkward scenario with it.

What I mean in that it's a good -1 is that in the right situation you can easily + with it. For example, if you swap your Mother Grizzly for an opponent's strong monster, you can then just attack and destroy that Mother Grizzly to search something, leaving you at a +1 while getting extra damage out.

Ahh

The card everyone either Loves to Hate or Hates to Love.

Such a troll card. Much rage when dropped. Top Keks. Rlly gud in T.G. though their Trap TG1-EM1 does the same thing (essentially) and usually is better for the average situation.

Pretty much yes. To be absolutely honest, I don't know why it isn't run more often.

I think it is because it is a spell speed 1 effect that gives your opponent a decent degree of control over getting back at you with this card's effect or downright nullifying it depending on what the scenarios are.... Like:

-Infernoids will never be controlled by this card.

-Ritual Beasts will either de-fuse into very little things still keeping a wall there, or will nullify it with Steeds to the opponent.

-BA can Fire Lake and clear the opponent's monster line-up too, or just Tribute everything they have with it in response to Creature Swap, and even though the BA monsters will most likely float, that won't happen until Creature Swap resolves with no effect for lack of monsters in that chain (I think).

It is a very fun and solid card, and I loved using it, especially with a personal deck back in the Synchro era, but right now it might or might not go off at times, and the forms to make it inconsistent are somewhat consistent...

Archived