[Hearthstone] The Grand Tournament!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fist of Jaraxxus - 4 damage for 4 is pretty weak, and I don't think getting it discarded by Soul Fire/Succubus/Doomguard is good enough, but I like the interaction they've added of cards having effects upon being discarded. I'd like to see more of it.

Charged Hammer - Holy sheet, Blizz, you did Shaman right (maybe). A 2/4 weapon for 4 (with no Overload!) isn't too bad, but that DR is pretty sweet. Though I worry 4 durability might make this a bit slow to actually get its DR off.

Warhorse Trainer - A 2/4 for 3 makes for fine stats, and it works well with Mustard for Battle or simply making guys. I could definitely see it being run.

Flash Heal - Cards like Healing Touch and Holy Light aren't run, and since Priest can already heal with his Hero Power (and already has a better, cheaper healing card in Circle of Healing) I see this being run even less. I'm sure most everyone would simply run Light of the Naaru over it, if anything.

Living Roots - I kinda like it. Some Hunters run Arcane Shot and some Priests run Holy Smite, and this also has the benefit of getting two guys for 1 mana instead.

Alexstraxza's Champion - Definitely a great card. I'm not sure how well Warrior does with Dragon decks (usually more of a Paladin thing), but get its Battlecry off and a 3/3 with Charge for 2 is fantastic (and if you can't it's still a 2/3 for 2). Imagine something like playing this with its Battlecry and following it up with Blackwing Technician with its Battlecry. That's just value.

Flash Heal - Cards like Healing Touch and Holy Light aren't run, and since Priest can already heal with his Hero Power (and already has a better, cheaper healing card in Circle of Healing) I see this being run even less. I'm sure most everyone would simply run Light of the Naaru over it, if anything.

pssst Auchenai Soulpriest pssst.

Living Roots makes Token Druid much more viable imo. The option of being able to create 3 1/1s into a Soul of the Forest play on curve seems super scary.

pssst Auchenai Soulpriest pssst.

I didn't think of that, but even then I still think Light of the Naaru is better since the target will always be damaged even if you kill it, so the Lightwarden is guaranteed. Though throw Auchenai into the equation and I could potentially see Circle of Healing, Flash Heal, and Light of the Naaru all being played.

I didn't think of that, but even then I still think Light of the Naaru is better since the target will always be damaged even if you kill it, so the Lightwarden is guaranteed.

Think about it in a more burst oriented manner. If you were to double this up with a lot of other damage coughmindblastcough you could potentially have a very potent kill deck on your hands.

That's a good point. I pretty much play Control decks so the thought didn't occur to me. 2 Mind Blasts, Flash Heals, and Light of the Naarus and that's 26 damage right there. Imagine the perfect scenario where you also manage to get out Prophet Velen.

I would tech Flash Heal in Druid if we were able to have it. I think it's a pretty good card for the cost. 8 Health for 3 mana is not only too expensive, it's overhealing.

Very excited about Living Roots, it does everything Claw was suppose to do, and even more.

2 for a 3/3 charge is broken.

Living roots is amazing tho, very hyped for that.

What class is charged hammer?

Flash heal doesn't seem worth.

Warhorse trainer makes your hero power give you a 2/1 so that seems worth.

Charged Hammer is a Shaman weapon.

Bleh, I'd never run that. You need to draw into Nourish or Ancient of Lore for card draw, or into big minions and pray your opponent doesn't have removal. Otherwise you're screwed.

Play 2 loot hoarders in the previous turns I guess?

Archived