[Hearthstone] The Grand Tournament!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aviana is the most dangerous thing to leave on the board ever. Like not even antonidas is more dangerous to have on the board.

Also use it in ramp druid. After a lot of nourish + lore + etc card draw you can aviana + ancient of war or something, or innervate + aviana + rag + loatheb or so

Aviana is the most dangerous thing to leave on the board ever. Like not even antonidas is more dangerous to have on the board.

Also use it in ramp druid. After a lot of nourish + lore + etc card draw you can aviana + ancient of war or something, or innervate + aviana + rag + loatheb or so

Don't forget turn 10 Aviana Ironbark

I dont know about Avi. She seems like she relies on a perfect storm rather than something you know youre gonna get value from. Turn 10 to combo her with something that could have been dropped without her is a long time.

What you call turn 10 I call turn 7.

Because you're forgetting about Druid ramp.

I dont know about Avi. She seems like she relies on a perfect storm rather than something you know youre gonna get value from. Turn 10 to combo her with something that could have been dropped without her is a long time.

ITT: Innervate doesn't exist.

Hell, This to ancient of lore to innverate is some serious value.

No, you ramp into her and another creature :/

So Wild Growth before Turn 7, then get to Turn 7(8) without being outempo'd, than Innervate + Avi + another 7+ drop. I'm not saying it can't work but I don't think it's a standard play, just an optimal one. You're more than likely going to need that Innervate earlier if you draw it. 

So Wild Growth before Turn 7, then get to Turn 7(8) without being outempo'd, than Innervate + Avi + another 7+ drop. I'm not saying it can't work but I don't think it's a standard play, just an optimal one. You're more than likely going to need that Innervate earlier if you draw it. 

You're acting as if Druid doesn't have ways to keep Tempo before turn 7 with all of its taunts and bodies and keeper of the groves and etc

I don't think Aviana's that good. Firstly, I don't agree with the claim that she's dangerous to keep on the board. Like, how often in the lategame does a Druid play more than one minion a turn? Apart from the turn you play her, she'll often be a vanilla 5/5. With an Innervate, she is an 8 mana play because no-one would ever play her without another creature.

She relies on incredibly good hands for her to be good. Half of those hands, there is a better play (i.e. playing your Ancient three turns earlier).

Like, I guess you could combo lots of sheet with her in the late, lategame, but you'd need more fatties than usual, and if you're doing that, you might as well just fit in the Force-Roar combo instead.

So drop her naked? 

Naked Aviana Untitled_normal.png

In my opinion she's got a lot of potential, looks like she'll fit in my dragon drood deck rather well. I run 2x nourish, 2x wg, 2x innervate and a bunch of late game drops with adequate early-mid game that usually keeps me alive until like turn 7 at which point I drop threat after threat and give no fucks

I like how Brave Hunter is a card for Hunter that looks a little like Merida from Brave. Also, I've been thinking about Druid of the Saber and I like it even more because a 3/2 with Stealth is more useful for trading up than a 2/3 with Stealth. And you could safely keep it around for Druid of the Fang.

Grand Crusader could be interesting. Paladin's got a good amount of valuable class cards that I'd like to get from its Battlecry.

I like how Brave Hunter is a card for Hunter that looks a little like Merida from Brave. Also, I've been thinking about Druid of the Saber and I like it even more because a 3/2 with Stealth is more useful for trading up than a 2/3 with Stealth. And you could safely keep it around for Druid of the Fang.

Grand Crusader could be interesting. Paladin's got a good amount of valuable class cards that I'd like to get from its Battlecry.

Problem being that a 3/2 dies to more AoE spells. So I feel it'll be a big thing on preference. (Or me being too paranoid about being hit by any kind of AoE)

Archived