Suggested Anime to Stream  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Out of finished anime?

• Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
    • Hataraku Maou-sama!
    • Heartcatch Precure!
    • Kekkai Sensen
    • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
    • Sankarea
    • To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (both seasons)
  2. 2. Second Choice

• Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
    • Hataraku Maou-sama!
    • Heartcatch Precure!
    • Kekkai Sensen
    • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
    • Sankarea
    • To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (both seasons)
  3. 3. Out of summer anime (we might try some out on another day)?

• Amanchu!
    • B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious
    • Battery
    • Fukigen na Mononokean
    • Handa-kun
    • Love Live! Sunshine!!
    • Mob Psycho 100
    • New Game!
    • Qualidea Code
    • Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
    • Rewrite
    • Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan
    • Taboo Tattoo
    • Time Travel Girl

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So since this is still animoo Club, before I go. Just finished Season 1 of Kiniro Mosiac. I liked it a lot. It was funny, and more often than a lot of these anime can be sometimes, for me. And cute ofc. AyayaXYoko might be my new favorite pair.

Will watch second season for sure.

Annnd that's all. Just wanted to throw that out there. *tumbleweed blows by*

Times changed to what we're doing/trying now, 2nd event's 2nd title changed to another ep of JoJo.

So since this is still animoo Club, before I go. Just finished Season 1 of Kiniro Mosiac. I liked it a lot. It was funny, and more often than a lot of these anime can be sometimes, for me. And cute ofc. AyayaXYoko might be my new favorite pair.

Will watch second season for sure.

What I feel about Kiniro Mosaic now is that it spent a decent deal of effort also being pretty heartwarming, the way it was. To me, it wasn't as funny as others can be, because it wasn't focused mainly on the comedy (I mean it was, but compared to others... well, I suppose the more often than a lot of others like it part, so perhaps I'm making too long a post for this after all, even though before these brackets it wasn't really that long), but all in all, it very well can be, and was really, really solid. 

Heh, I think as far as pairings, I'm spending too much attention to a couple of idol shows, but then AyayaXYouko could be pretty up there, apart from that.

What I feel about Kiniro Mosaic now is that it spent a decent deal of effort also being pretty heartwarming, the way it was. To me, it wasn't as funny as others can be, because it wasn't focused mainly on the comedy (I mean it was, but compared to others... well, I suppose the more often than a lot of others like it part, so perhaps I'm making too long a post for this after all, even though before these brackets it wasn't really that long), but all in all, it very well can be, and was really, really solid. 

Heh, I think as far as pairings, I'm spending too much attention to a couple of idol shows, but then AyayaXYouko could be pretty up there, apart from that.

It's funny but I think it's because it doesn't focus on the comedy that I found it more funny than some. I tend to not like purely comedy based things it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

I can totally see the point in that, I really can. Like, comedy would be my favorite genre and I've still been saying this, but for the most part, getting a really great laugh out of me has always been the thing I enjoy the most, yet I still want something a little more to it... it's why something like Clannad is my favorite anime. Despite what its main focus is, it has some of my most memorable comedy scenes. And my favorite comedy in general, Nozaki-kun, while it may just as well make a joke out of it, there is still a hint of romance to it. 

I'd like to join. So...can I just bring up any anime series? Also, does anyone know when the American DVD release of Hunter X Hunter (2011) is coming? I heard about it back in November, but I never got a release date.

Welcome aboard! I figured ANN or the licensor's site (Viz) would say something about it, but no dice... then again it seems like it was only announced in October, so it's not too surprising a date hasn't been revealed quite yet. It is a pretty long one, and has been finished for over a year from the looks of it, but that's generally how things roll regardless, from my understanding.

Welcome aboard! I figured ANN or the licensor's site (Viz) would say something about it, but no dice... then again it seems like it was only announced in October, so it's not too surprising a date hasn't been revealed quite yet. It is a pretty long one, and has been finished for over a year from the looks of it, but that's generally how things roll regardless, from my understanding.

Thanks for the welcome! One thing I wanted to throw out there is that I'm currently watching and planing to finish my first anime series from the sports genre, Hajime no Ippo (the 75-episode series). I'm on episode 32. So far, I know it'll get in my top ten favorites. It has a lot of heart and every character is so memorable and developed. After I finish this series, I want to mix it up and watch/finish a comedy series. Great Teacher Onizuka is one that I started a little while back, but I'm saving for later, possibly for the fiftieth anime series I've finshed (I've finished 37 series so far).

• 3 weeks later...

Since this is a club, it's probably best the sooner I say what I want to say for this to continue being a thing.

I was going to bring this up after the new year, but how about I do so now and we can plan to start the next streaming thing sometime after the new year.

Idk when or if we'll continue what we tried last time, but it didn't work out, so I want to focus on something else for now.

How many people would be interested in streaming the Monogatari series to watch/re-watch it let's say, from Wednesdays to Saturdays?

I... would rather something shorter, if we barely got through the first 2, and the next 2 haven't been working out. Then again, maybe it's only because it was Code Geass, meaning something popular. But if that's the case, why couldn't we finish Steins;Gate? It still seems really popular, even if not as much, and it's like half as long.

Another idea I have is getting some of us to just try out random new series when they come around. Idk, seems casual enough.

I... would rather something shorter, if we barely got through the first 2, and the next 2 haven't been working out.

4PSD9WJ.png

Then again, maybe it's only because it was Code Geass, meaning something popular. But if that's the case, why couldn't we finish Steins;Gate?

I don't really know, but more people came for Index than Steins;Gate. Oh well.

Another idea I have is getting some of us to just try out random new series when they come around. Idk, seems casual enough.

Nice idea-pri.

I really wish I could focus on watching streams with all y'all, I just...can't. :(

Oh, blue.

Anyway, well that's okay. I probably can't focus all the time when the chat is really active, but otherwise, I've somehow been able to adjust pretty well. But, I totally thought I was going to be like that, and was for a little. Well, until I realized that my laptop's screen is far more ideal than a 30'' TV, but let's not sweat the details.

4PSD9WJ.png

Um, okay.

I don't really know, but more people came for Index than Steins;Gate. Oh well.

Yeah, it was one of my favorites for quite a while and I would have had some nice nostalgia if you had been able to continue Index II.

Nice idea-pri.

Should it actually be random or should we start talking what we're most interested in and mash them together?

Can I just ask a serious question? I'm going to anyway.

Are you Superman Desu?

Nah, you're probably just copying him.

Um, yeah. I guess. Here's everything I want to watch for next season: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/zzzKannagi&status=6&order=0

I'm guessing the most anticipated ones among people that want to do this. And what, will we do this once a week? Will probably be Monday, but only if we're doing something else the days I mentioned. If not, it can be any of those days.

Can I just ask a serious question? I'm going to anyway.

Are you Superman Desu?

Nah, you're probably just copying him.

When I found out that that was a good way of replying to that post, I remembered I was now able to use blue all I want! So yes, it's at least obvious Desu helped me think of that.

So how should we go about figuring out what is most anticipated for only people who might be interested in this?

• 2 weeks later...

It's already past the new year and you're the only one that said anything about my suggestion about the Monogatari series (and you said you'd prefer not something that long), so I guess no one wants to do that.

So what's the plan now that the season's started-nano?

Are any of the ones voted for going to be out by Sunday (besides Active Raid, since you've already watched it)? If not, are we just picking random ones to stream on Sunday and seeing if anyone wants to try them out?

Let's get someone's opinion who can be there for sure on what should happen next with the streaming part of this club (if anyone even can). Because if this doesn't take off, then we might no longer have any use for this place, even if there are some that still want to say things here at times. I mean, there's hardly any of that activity here, so it may as well just be streaming until the next time a plan doesn't work out.

Well we gave almost 2 weeks. Maybe we had a good run, lasted longer than most of us thought, and are not quite as interested anymore?

Feel free to necro this if any of you ever wanna try this again. Or not, if you want to play by the rules and make a new one. 

I still think we should try one more thing and airing anime really seems like something people would want to try this for. Let's see if anyone shows for Sunday night, or would tomorrow be better with the next day being Monday and all?

Alright. Choose some first eps and we'll probably PM, do status updates, and maybe even have an extended period of time just to see if anyone would come at another time. We'd still have to at least do 2 eps at the 9:30 we have been doing, at least, but does that seem like it might be a good idea? Just, make sure episodes aren't started earlier than a rounded half hour or so. 

Oh but yeah, I think tomorrow would be better. Divine Gate and then idk what else would be there on time, we might have to try watching things a second time just to see what interests people, so perhaps something like Active Raid as well.

I don't think we should do it tomorrow anymore. Not only is it short notice, but I don't think we can get settled on what exactly we're doing soon enough to like, PM people about it before the actual day. Maybe now that we're thinking about this we can try the whole airing stuff next season. Or do extra for catch up starting next week. Or just be a bit behind. I just don't know all round.

• 3 weeks later...

All right guys. I think we had our first successful activity in a while earlier. Well, 4 people is better than what we've been getting. Would the people that were there be interested in making this a thing we do once a week? Or is this where we're going to stop?

For those that may not know, I planned to try a stream again one last time last week but I couldn't do it, so I did it today. It was earlier than usual, at 7 pm EST (since I figured it wouldn't be any different at the same time that wasn't working out). I notified people by PM yesterday and by status... a few minutes before starting.

I. Want. To. JOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Do you mean the streaming? If so, the last time we did it was at 7 pm EST on Saturday and it was more successful than most attempts recently.

If just the club in general, there really isn't all that much activity. So join if you want to, but keep that in mind. Maybe you can make the club more active. Well, I said, "maybe."

Also, what are the people that made it on Saturday's opinions on if we should continue this weekend? If we don't have as many people wanting to, then we may as well retire the streaming until idk, Summer?

• 4 months later...

Archived