Suggested Anime to Stream  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Out of finished anime?

• Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
    • Hataraku Maou-sama!
    • Heartcatch Precure!
    • Kekkai Sensen
    • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
    • Sankarea
    • To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (both seasons)
  2. 2. Second Choice

• Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
    • Hataraku Maou-sama!
    • Heartcatch Precure!
    • Kekkai Sensen
    • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
    • Sankarea
    • To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (both seasons)
  3. 3. Out of summer anime (we might try some out on another day)?

• Amanchu!
    • B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious
    • Battery
    • Fukigen na Mononokean
    • Handa-kun
    • Love Live! Sunshine!!
    • Mob Psycho 100
    • New Game!
    • Qualidea Code
    • Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
    • Rewrite
    • Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan
    • Taboo Tattoo
    • Time Travel Girl

Oh wow, this thread really het up while I was gone... O.o Glad it's over though.

As for me, I don't particularly mind the art style, but I don't particularly like it either. The eyes are a bit too buggy, the proportions are a bit too weird, and their chins are a bit too pointed, but heck, I've seen worse. And those things aren't always bad in and of themselves, just together they look a bit odd. But I've read a lot of manga, and seen a lot of crappy art with great stories behind them, so I can ignore subpar appearances to a certain extent.

Though definitely will say the more appealing the art, the more likely I will be interested in watching something. That's just how things work for me, and for probably a lot of other people too.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course media can be good or bad... in certain ways. It depends on what factor it's being measured on and to make things more difficult, some factors, such as "good writing", can be very vague and somewhat subjective. One's opinion typically combines a number of these factors and more; one might not care about some factors and really care about others. I dunno if this was clear, I can elaborate and give examples.

I mean... it kind of is. Maybe I should change the "Club Events" spoiler to "Club Activities" though. Or just activity, since we've been so busy with the one there really hasn't been any time to try and see if we can get something together for people who can't attend the streams. But, it has been going quite well. There's always a few of us attending and the streams are daily.

There's always a few of us attending and the streams are daily.

But that isn't on here. I mean, on one hand, we probably wouldn't have found a good way to stream without making the club. But on the other, there kind of isn't that much to say here.

I guess this place can be used as sort of an area where people can gather viewers for streaming purposes because a status doesn't last long and you'd have to make multiple ones, but technically that isn't activity here most of the time. Maybe it would be allowed if we put "anime streaming" in the title. That's an idea of sorts.

Because if there ever is a time anyone in the club wants to actually talk about something anime related, instead of simply attending these events, they can do that, but since it seems this is the only thing happening right now, maybe it should be the main thing about this club.

Topic title: O(≧▽≦)O Chibi Nation (featuring anime streaming)

Or something. If I for any reason look drunk to you right now, feel free to ignore.

EDIT: But you know, even if it is the main thing, it doesn't have to be the only thing (what am I saying? I already said that).

What I mean is, at least if it's in the title, then it's obvious there's an activity this club is doing.

So, regarding the issues with kissanime being out of comission for a while, I may have a working backup in place (atleast from what I can tell by outside oppinion), or atleast I  will if I can work out what is causing Xsplit to crash on me.

I'll work on this, but if I can get it stable (and the quality is indeed acceptable) it should be possible for me to host the stream on Friday and/or Saturday our usuall time, untill everything is back in order or someone finds a working temporary host for Yudofu.

The plan is to host it through livestream.com (specificly livestream.com/lazaruz95), and since you can set a temporary name for yourself if you just wanna chat, no account will be necessary if you dont have one (although the temp name is a bit tempramental, from what I remember of it)

Specific details are subject to change, depending on if something else proves more stable, or if we simply agree on something else

The audio was fine from what I've heard, but as for the video quality, we would have to see what others think about it, idk. Oh, if you can get it to work, of course.

About that!

I know I forgot to mention it but I know the quality dropped significantly during a few seconds or so (it kinda went gray and pixely, or however it's best described), but it wasnt a stream issue.

It's an issue with the source file. I followed both the output from the media player and the stream while testing, and ran the video again withouth a stream going just to confirm it + I didnt seem to drop frames during the run.

Only issue as far as I can tell is preventing the program from crashing on me.

Gonna try my damnest to work everything out before friday (though if school gets in the way it will have priority), and yeah, for just a general quality check we would need faaar more people

It's Yudofu. Well anyway, it's difficult to find Code Geass in non-HD, and I'm sure I'd find it too much of a hassle to downgrade the files before uploading them. If I even can. Although, I've just tried uploading something there, and although I know I'm supposed to copy the download link, it didn't work. I tried as many other links as I could find and it still didn't work. Yes, I waited for it to be processed. If you can do it, then showing or hosting yourself would be nice.

Well, I actually tried again later (the dub website with links) and it had like 1 very slight freeze. Still, if I'm having problems earlier on I don't think it would be fair to let people try this again and find out it'll be just the same.

Sorry I've been pretty out of it here lately, I've been busy at home and now school, not sure if I'll be able to make future streams. But has anyone checked out http://www.moetube.net/ yet? When you want to watch something there's an option to watch it with friends, I'm not sure if it's as simple as linking someone the room url or what after that, though.

It's Yudofu. Well anyway, it's difficult to find Code Geass in non-HD, and I'm sure I'd find it too much of a hassle to downgrade the files before uploading them. If I even can. Although, I've just tried uploading something there, and although I know I'm supposed to copy the download link, it didn't work. I tried as many other links as I could find and it still didn't work. Yes, I waited for it to be processed. If you can do it, then showing or hosting yourself would be nice.

Well, I actually tried again later (the dub website with links) and it had like 1 very slight freeze. Still, if I'm having problems earlier on I don't think it would be fair to let people try this again and find out it'll be just the same.

Did you remember to put the files in a shared folder?

Well. I made sure the file could be shared. But I don't have Code Grass anymore. I'll have to check some things. 

EDIT: Yeah, it still doesn't seem to work with a folder. But as for the other site that Shradow found, it may not have dub (at least not for CG yet), but we already switched after starting Mushishi with dub. Since I already watched CG 16 twice trying to see if it'll work decently, and Sethera metioned he accidentally watched ep 16 of both, I'd like to ask people if they already saw them, no biggie, but to try to be caught up to ep 16, so that once we're all settled, we can go on to ep 17. I'll need people to help test that place with me. http://www.moetube.net/room/8752288292

One problem, is that it doesn't look like we can use the same link for all of the episodes, so it's a good thing we only watch 2 at a time, I suppose. You know what, scratch that. The bigger problem is that it doesn't look like there's an easy way to make sure it's in synch with everyone else. 

It would be nice to have you. Just makes sure you're all ready and the streams won't impact you negatively, and I will hope to see you there soon.

Oh, and I may have said so in the PM, but not here, but I've found a Kissanime ripoff. I just need to remember not to click anything but the chatbox once things have started so I don't accidentally leave. 

I started rewatching what I'm 110% sure is Code Geass's inspiration, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Actually a coincidence really, Code Geass didn't inspire me to go watch it again.

Similarities include:

• A badass, highly prideful, genius bishie who's out there to change the world/galaxy using military force.
  • Said bishie sometimes spews pretentious lines.
  • Said bishie has a sister complex and sister serves as part of his motivation.
  • Said bishie has a red-haired sidekick, albeit a guy.
  • Anime has two focal characters on opposing sides of the war. Except in Legend of the Galactic Heroes, the side opposing the aforementioned badass genius is another badass genius instead of lolSuzaku. Also, both men respect each other deeply and accept the difference in their ideologies like true intellectuals.
  • Anime has lots of genius tactics being played out.

Though Legend of the Galactic Heroes is pretty old, so the animation is dated. Also, it's purely serious.

If u want 2 b a l33t anime fan, u will watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and start trashing newer animoo

Kinda dipped my toe into (as in, watched a little bit of) Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou and..... I dont think I've ever been this on the fence about an anime in quite a while :U Character designs look very nice and I like the idea, but the setup almost makes me feel uncomfortable and I have absolutely no idea why :I

Also still watching Toaru Majutsu no Index, but I need to stop being lazy and go back to watching it regularly since that one I actually like an awfull lot :P

Watching Kiniro Mosaic next, saw first episode. Seems really cute. Will try and watch more tonight.

It is!

If u want 2 b a l33t anime fan, u will watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes and start trashing newer animoo

You've forced me to never watch that. Okay, not you. But it's doubly not to my tastes, and that has nothing to do with the story, but rather, other things that are more likely for me to not watch something because of. Super lengthyness and being so dated. I can try dated, and on rare occassions I can get into long runners, but at this point, both at the same it is gonna be too much, no matter how good it might be.

Kinda dipped my toe into (as in, watched a little bit of) Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou and..... I dont think I've ever been this on the fence about an anime in quite a while :U Character designs look very nice and I like the idea, but the setup almost makes me feel uncomfortable and I have absolutely no idea why :I

Also still watching Toaru Majutsu no Index, but I need to stop being lazy and go back to watching it regularly since that one I actually like an awfull lot :P

The designs (fact that so many characters are monsters. I mean, I liked Rosario+Vampire, but those designs are generally more human than this) are what make me uncomfortable. As such, it may come as no surprise, but I haven't tried it yet. 

Go Index though! Railgun in particular I am a little more found of. It... it's Touma. I don't mind him as much as some people, but I can definitely see the problems.

I finally got off my lazy butt and started Tokyo Ghoul. I like that Ling Tosite Sigure does the OP.

And I hate to say it but I don't think I'll be making it to any further streams. I'll be honest, it's not so much that I'm always busy with school work, it's just I'm usually doing stuff with people I actually know irl. And 1 episode a day is sort of slow for me, regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

I shouldn't have become co-host just because I was already thinking of the club idea when it was mentioned. And I'm sorry for making Cow join when he probably didn't want to (you can quit if you want to).

And even though there is an activity going on with the members of the club and we wouldn't have even found an easy way to stream in the first place without making it, I feel like if it stays open, there should be posts here more often. And I know I'm not helping with that because I generally don't have anything to say at all, but if I feel like I can say something to anything being discussed, I will.

So, I resign.

Although Nico-chan didn't take my suggestion to put anime streaming in the title, he probably should, if only because I don't know how the club will survive the way it is now. Even though it isn't officially only an anime streaming club, since there are hardly any posts otherwise, it may as well be changed into one. Whatever happens, the future of the club should probably be discussed-pri (unless there's really no need to and the obvious choice can be taken, whatsoever that may be).

P.S. How many eps of CG R2 did I miss-pri?

I shouldn't have become co-host just because I was already thinking of the club idea when it was mentioned. And I'm sorry for making Cow join when he probably didn't want to (you can quit if you want to).

Well, the club was made a couple days before the new rules were actually posted, so we didn't know we had to have an activity besides discussing a specific thing, but yeah, the way it is now.

So, I resign.

I suppose that makes sense.

Although Nico-chan didn't take my suggestion to put anime streaming in the title, he probably should, if only because I don't know how the club will survive the way it is now. 

That also makes sense.

P.S. How many eps of CG R2 did I miss-pri?

We saw 11 of R2 so far.

Also I want to point out now that I can actually remember that I had that of making a second activity for people that can't really do streams. Mostly just watch/read a specific amount of some anime or manga per week, and talk about it after you've seen (spoilers where necessary) that amount. You can go ahead if you really get that into it, but make sure it's in a spoiler that's very distinguishable. There are differences that include it not being in real time, and we can make it a manga thing so that it's actually more of a book club-esque thing and even more different. idk. If you can, let me know what you guys think.

Archived