Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Team NND, Day 15, Coldharbour

As Denku approached the figure, he would notice more details. They were a Froslass, androgynous looking despite the species being a female only evolution, who was standing on top of a snow-hill. They were focused intently on the fight, holding a rod of some sort in their hand, moving it every once in a while and seeming to chant something under their breath.

As Denku approached, they looked over at him. "This one wonders why you approach. There is something remarkable going on behind you and you come to me, why is that?"

Their voice was soft, subtle, almost too quiet to hear and, yet, understandable despite the distance.

"Is there somewhere close by safe enough to wait this fight out?"

The Frogadier looked at Easter with a blush on his face, unable to speak for a bit. "U-uh, well...no...uh...Oh but there is a hero in the city, he can protect you! He's...heading over there!" The Frogadier gestured towards Denku, who was currently leaving the city and heading towards some destination the group couldn't quite see.

Dora was staring up at the battle, shaking somewhat. She couldn't let another nice person die...

Deoxys paused, sensing familiar presences, and was struck overhead by Kyurem slamming their fists onto her head. She was sent towards the ground but recovered quickly, going into speed form and Teleported above Kyurem. She attacked with an Ice Beam which Kyurem, covering itself in ice, deflected back at her.

Kyurem then noticed the new arrivals and, sensing something strong, started in their direction.

Deoxys, intent on stopping it, glowed with a dark energy. Some strange alien language came from it and Kyurem stopped, turned, and launched another Dragon Pulse.

The Taunt having worked, Deoxys slipped back into Defense form. However she was unable to use Mirror Coat before it landed and was hit by the full blast. Knowing she had to conserve her Recovers, lest she run out of energy for it, she didn't heal. The fight was getting more dangerous for her by the moment.

Team Mac, Day 15, Near Southshore

Suiten didn't seem as excited about the fact they were near the city as Mac and, since she was still a little mad at him, she didn't really care. He could be a grumpy Grumpig if he wanted, she was going to enter the city.

And enter the city she did. The others would still be an hour away, as she had put on the gas as they got close to the city, and she looked around in excitement. "They really ARE in the trees." she said. "Hey, hey, where should we go first?" She asked Suiten.

----

It's the means to an end and a measure of worth. I'm not really sure what I want to do with mine right now...but I do want to hear where you're going with this."

Ankou smiled lazily at Kah, and seemed to be both amused, and happy, at the answer. "There's nothing better to do with power like yours than to fight, correct? Well, why not use it to fight Legends? And I mean, really fight them. Chasers are so half-hearted." She almost laughed at the irony. Half-hearted is exactly how she'd describe what she did anything. But, if it got this girl thinking, it would be worth it. "I can offer you the chance to fight them with all your might, to defeat the strongest foes, to kill them if you so wish. If you truly don't have a desire for it, why not use it to really make some changes?" She wasn't worried about being subtle. After all, if this girl decided to try and fight her, it would be easy to destroy her. "You don't have to decide now, but, give it some thought if you have to, I'll be around~"

Team Karaoke A, Day 11, Near the Library

"now then, the the places nearest to here are the Market area, the Arena and," with a slight chuckle he finished,"the Emperor's Mansion. Obviously they're not going to be there, in fact I wouldn't imagine anything but more of what happened there waiting for us. So, that means they're either somewhere around the arena or somewhere around the market. I can't figure out what would be the best place to check first though, so," he looked back to the other three asking, "where would you all like to go?"

Gwen was feeling more and more uncomfortable. These soldiers seemed to be dangerous, maybe as dangerous as the gang members, and she was not very fond of the idea of heading towards this Arena, a place where people fought for fun. But it seemed that Lok wanted to go there first. She shook her head. She had to put her foot down and draw a line in the Sandile. "If you want to check that...place, by all means, but I will not go anywhere near it. I shall be in the market if you wish to find me after." With that she turned from the group and headed for the nearby Market. She blushed as she realized how childish she might have sounded but she was sick and tired of fighting. She would go to the Market which, hopefully, would be a much more pleasant experience.

-----

Team Karaoke B, Day 10, Arena

"It sounds to me like the two of you have had quite the interesting time here in the city. Especially if you are going to assert that a stranger is a member of an order devoted to the Lord of Murder. That does not seem to be the wisest accusation, at least to me."

While Fiona drifted off she heard the girl's threat. A smile appeared on her face, which Alleria might attribute to her own actions towards the girl, because of it. It would be so much fun to travel with that one. Perhaps she'd get a chance to see what was left of this so called "order".

A small crowd gathered around Whisper as she played the song, everyone, afraid and unsure, seemed to be drawn to the peaceful melody being played.

This would make it difficult for Alleria to leave the area, and she wouldn't have much time to explore. If she did explore she would find that they weren't letting anyone into the Arena, something about a floodgate, and that most of the people here were in similarly distressed states, besides the Arena fighters who were obviously noticeable by the way they moved around calmly and confidently.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst Tower

"That's what you get for arresting the mighty Taiga!  Fufufufu!"

Silver heard the words and was ashamed. She was letting prisoners escape. But, this man facing her, he was on a different level. She couldn't afford to back down and let him climb the tower for whatever reason he had.

As Isole made her way behind the rest, and saw what was going on, she paused. That Aggron had arrested them, and that Steelix had saved her twice, should she really just leave them be?
While she debated it seemed Taiga was heading to the door, but the other two hadn't made a move yet. She decided she'd wait for them to make up her mind.

As the Steelix moved to slam his hands, coated in metal, on the Aggron, she shored up her defenses. A metallic glint appeared over her body as her Defense rose and she took the hit. Even despite the boost she found the attack still hurt. But, determined, she continued the fight, coating her own hand in metal and clawing at the Steelix.

The fight would likely last some time, however, it was also likely more guards would eventually come and, when they did, the Steelix could be overwhelmed. Still, Isole watched, uncertainty clear on her face in a rare show of emotion.

----

Meanwhile, the Lord of Fryst approached the top of the tower. Those peasants dared to attack HIS city? He would show them the error of their ways soon, he would destroy them all, and leave their bodies as an example for the next would-be invaders...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kMykmrI.png

Kazo scratched his cheek, a strange expression on his face as he chuckled. "Well... Juyu is certainly... unique," he said. "They have a great appreciation for music there. I guess it kinda rubbed off on me, since I like to sing... I'm not too good at it though," he scratched his chin as he tried to think of more. "It's pretty... Flat... There. It's actually why I got so good at running. You can go pretty fast there. And we had a lot of different kinds of Gijinka there... For better or worse."

"Sounds neat," Ari said, scrunching his nose up as he thought. "Wait...I think I've been there. There was a nice fish shopkeeper. I was going to eat her at first but then she told me she wasn't really a fish, but a Carvanha gijinka, and that I shouldn't try to eat other gijinka. Which was good, cuz my mouth hurt after that." He had spent quite a bit of time in Juyu actually. It had been so different from what he was used to, though the gang fights reminded him of the squabbles he'd seen between lions and hyenas.

Kazo placed his hands behind his head. "So, what about your family? Have any siblings or the like?"

"Nah," Ari replied. "I'm an only child. That's why there was so much pressure. Everybody telling me to be more like--" he stopped there, embarrassed. He had almost given that away. "Like my dad," he amended. It was true, after all. "My dad's so big and strong and cool and a lot of gijinka like him," that was true too. "My mom's so gentle and loving and everybody says my dad's lucky to have her," that was also true. "One day, I'm gonna be just like them. No, I'm gonna be even better than they are. People will say I am big and strong and cool and gentle and kind too. Just like how you are," he finished honestly. He was too embarrassed to say what he was thinking though. If I had a sibling, I'd want them to be just like you. No, that was sappy lioness stuff. "What about you? What's your family like?" The sooner he got past this bit of sappiness, the better.

--

Suiten was relieved that Mac seemed to have, mostly, gotten over her fit of pique from earlier. "They really ARE in the trees." she said. "Hey, hey, where should we go first?"

The Samurott shrugged. By now he had started to panic internally at the decision he faced, but he forced himself to breathe evenly and look around. Unlike most cities, Southshore was overgrown with trees. In fact, that was part of their whole deal. Buildings on the ground, buildings in the trees too. As he looked up, he saw rope bridges strung between the different trees. Personally, he was a fan of the South Inn, which was actually on the ground, and known for its seafood. All in all, a nice place, and one of his favorite cities in Adarid.

"Why don't we--actually never mind," he had been about to point out a nearby tavern to wait at, but then remembered that it wasn't exactly the best place to bring a kid to. "What about--no, not there either," he mumbled to himself. Seeing more boars would probably not help things. "Let's go to the herb shop!" he finished. "You can get a pretty great view of the city from above." Hopefully she wouldn't try to go to either the tavern or the stables.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Easter was hit by a wave of relief when he saw Brooke up and about. "Easter…" quiet as a mouse, she mumbled so only the two could hear, "Thank you. For protecting them. I… that won't happen again. Got careless."

"You're welcome," he said, understanding the sincerity involved. He was surprised to see how quickly she recovered, but then again, she was a fighting type, and they were especially hardy.

The Frogadier seemed nervous talking to him, and Easter, had he been in a bit of a less frantic mood, might have teased him a bit. Maybe taken his measure. He wasn't a dark type yet but he could be in the future, and it was always a good idea to keep track of potential targets. "U-uh, well...no...uh...Oh but there is a hero in the city, he can protect you! He's...heading over there!" the Frogadier gestured toward a Pupitar.

"No," Brooke said quietly nearby, the tone of her voice catching the Sylveon's attention. "I'm not gonna let them destroy anyone else’s home. I'm done running. Those… Those 'gods' think they can do whatever they want. They don't care about who gets hurt in the process." Her voice grew stronger the longer she continued. "Deoxys helped us. We're gonna find somewhere safe for the kids, and then…" She looked up to the sky, towards the giant ice dragon attacking the alien. "I'm gonna return the favor."

Easter took a closer look at the Emboar, and then smiled. So there's some fight in her after all, he thought. 

Her tail swished behind her like a whip cracking, promising violence, and she swept her gaze over the city. "Easter, can you get them to safety if I stay to help people get out?" she asked, and gave him a look that held all the weight in the world.

The Sylveon paused before meeting her eyes, and nodding. "Of course," he smiled cockily, but his blue eyes were like chips of ice at that moment. Hard. Serious. Stealing my thunder. That's what I was going to do, but...I think she needs this. Plus, he did want to get the kids to safety. "All right," he told the two younger gijinka, "Let's go meet this 'hero,'" his smile turned into more of a smirk there. Another potential target, and this one seemed even more interesting than the last. Turning back to the Emboar, he mouthed a "good luck" before walking away.

The Eeveelution made sure to lead the two on a route that would circumvent much of the violence. Whenever anything came crashing their way he would stand in front of the children and activate his Cosmic Shield. Thankfully, it didn't happen too often, though there was one time the shield failed and a chunk of concrete smashed against his upraised arm. However, he'd rather it hit him than the kids.

Eventually, they reached the Pupitar. As they got closer, the Sylveon noted a Froslass gijinka next to him. She seemed to have just finished saying something, and the atmosphere was rather...strange. Relaxed, but something about the ice type set his hair on end. Or maybe it was the rod she held in her hand? It looked familiar. Actually, it looked exactly like the rod that he had seen on the S.S. Showdown. Which was...interesting. Hadn't the captain said not to touch it? He'd seemed quite guarded over that thing. And to think that this woman had it now. Looks like we have a little thief on our hands, he thought. Regardless, his priority at the moment was the children, not a mere object. It wasn't even his responsibility anymore.

Still, if the Froslass was good enough to steal from the captain, then he'd best be wary of her. Exiting the city a safe distance from the duo, he stood back and watched their interactions, hoping the children would follow his lead, especially Dora. She was a wildcard, that one. At least Fawkes seemed to have a sense of danger and to avoid it, though Easter worried that she was too timid, which wasn't a way to get stronger at all. She seemed to be improving on that front, though.

"There's something going on here," he told the children. "I don't know what, but this might not be the safest place for us either."

"Sounds neat," Ari said, scrunching his nose up as he thought. "Wait...I think I've been there. There was a nice fish shopkeeper. I was going to eat her at first but then she told me she wasn't really a fish, but a Carvanha gijinka, and that I shouldn't try to eat other gijinka. Which was good, cuz my mouth hurt after that."

"Oh, I know who you're talking about," Kazo nodded with a chuckle. "Yeah... Her skin's pretty rough... Even a hug from her kinda hurts," He then paused to listen about Ari's family.

"Nah, I'm an only child. That's why there was so much pressure. Everybody telling me to be more like--" he stopped for a moment, causing Kazo to tilt his head. Was there something Ari didn't want to tell him? "Like my dad. My dad's so big and strong and cool and a lot of gijinka like him. My mom's so gentle and loving and everybody says my dad's lucky to have her,"

Kazo had to admit, he felt a bit of jealousy welling up there. He wished his family was that great

"One day, I'm gonna be just like them. No, I'm gonna be even better than they are. People will say I am big and strong and cool and gentle and kind too. Just like how you are," Kazo blushed and rubbed his neck. Gosh, Kazo would love to meet this guy Ari kept talking about, because it surely wasn't him. "What about you? What's your family like?"

Kazo paled as soon as the question left Ari's lips. He really didn't want to talk about this... But it was his fault for that.

He sighed and steeled his nerves. He just had to say it. "I've never met my dad. I'm not even sure if he knows I exist. My mom doesn't talk about him. Speaking of my mom, she doesn't... Like me. She didn't really want me around," he rubbed his neck. "But the woman she was married to, my Tyranitar mom, didn't let her just toss me out. I also had a step-brother, Denku. They were around for a long while... Until my moms got into a fight, and they separated, my Tyranitar mom taking Denku and moving to Orgen," he paused before adding, "I really miss them,"

"Well, then later my mom remarried to my Excadrill mom, who had my other step-brother, Sai. He left to be a chaser, and I did to. I haven't really contacted my family ever since," he then rubbed his neck and smiled nervously. "Sorry if I brought down the mood," he then thought to himself. That wasn't a good note to end on.

"Well, anyways, your family sounds great. I hope I can meet them someday,"

"This one wonders why you approach. There is something remarkable going on behind you and you come to me, why is that?" Denku still couldn't tell by voice if the Froslass as a boy or a girl... Before realizing that yeah, Froslass. Female only. God, he should get some sleep.

"I've been watching that all night right off the heels of meeting a different legend. I'm over the shock factor," he looked over her. She had some sort of rod... He had a really bad feeling about that thing. "As for why I came to you, I was first seeing if you were okay and if you needed help... But now I'm a little more curious why you're here waving that rod around,"

... That kinda sounded dirty when stated like that.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine was trying to get a consensus on opinions, Lok seemed to be in favor of going to the arena, thinking that to be the most likely place for the missing duo to be. Nine thought it was a sound enough idea, though, while waiting for the others to give their thoughts, Gwendoline had suddenly let out a minor outburst of her disdain towards the idea. As such, rather than discuss the matter further as to where they would go next, she started walking off in the direction of the market. Nine was left a bit stunned by her sudden action, but from what little he knew of her, it didn't leave him that surprised for all that long. He could already tell that if he left her alone then it would only spell trouble. Hell, he had this feeling if he left any of them unattended in any combination they'd manage to find themselves in some kind of trouble. Scratching the back of his head, letting out a bit of a sigh, Nine looked to the others saying,"well it appears it's decided where we're going now."

Gesturing for the others to follow after, he started walking towards the Mismagius girl. As he got closer to them, the tone of his voice was friendly saying,"hey, if you didn't want to go that's fine, I mean your say in the matter has far more sway than my own here, and probably more than any of the others for that matter." After all, Nine and Clotilde has only been apart of the original group for a day and Lok didn't seem the most willful of the group. "So you don't have to go off on your own if you don't like what we said," and splitting up the group more when they were already looking for members that split away from them didn't seem like the best idea. Though he was content with going to the market, Nine asked, "just curious. There any reason you don't want to go to the arena?"

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"There's nothing better to do with power like yours than to fight, correct? Well, why not use it to fight Legends? And I mean, really fight them. Chasers are so half-hearted. I can offer you the chance to fight them with all your might, to defeat the strongest foes, to kill them if you so wish. If you truly don't have a desire for it, why not use it to really make some changes? You don't have to decide now, but, give it some thought if you have to, I'll be around~"

Was this woman for real? She had a secret to that kind of power? Being strong enough to not only fight Legends, but actually kill them...Kah could do a lot with that kind of power. After stopping herself for a few seconds to consider the offer, Kah answered with "I'll think about it." For now, she had to catch up with Mac and the rest of them. If they got into trouble, no telling what could go down without her there to carry the team on her back in battle. As such, Kah got back up to her feet, picked up the dead boar again, and nodded toward the Gardevoir, proceeding further down her path with a decisive "I need to get to Southshore. If you want to check in on how I feel about the offer a bit later, I'll probably be there." And so, Kah was once again on the road.

With that kind of power...

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"Easter, can you get them to safety if I stay to help people get out?"

"Of course. All right, let's go meet this 'hero.'"

And the trio of Fawkes, Dora, and Easter were off! With Easter leading the way, the lot of them mostly kept away from the fight and any destruction caused as a result of it. Which was good; Fawkes didn't want to have to deal with that right now. She was already worried about Brooke. She'd only just recovered from the attack by that little gang from before, and now she was saying she was going to take on two big scary gijinkas at once! Even just one Legend was enough to completely destroy Deku, yet here Brooke was saying she was going to stop the fighting that was destroying Coldharbour. It was stressful, to say the least.

The follow-the-Easter shtick stopped as the three stepped out of Coldharbour, a safe distance from a Pupitar - the "hero" that Frogadier had mentioned, probably - and a Froslass waving around some weird rod she'd never seen before. They were still in sight, however, and Fawkes kept a close eye on the two. "There's something going on here. I don't know what, but this might not be the safest place for us either." Definitely not a safe place.

"So what do we do about that?" Fawkes asked. "Keep running? Because I'm fine with that."

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

So far, traversing down the long hallway without being stopped was not all proving easier said than done like Cabrakan had expected. Even if he had​ seen a guard along the way, that guard would have shown no signs of consciousness. If he had to guess, Cabrakan would assume that the Steelix was cleaving a path straight through the front lines so that the others had an improved chance of escape. But would a stealthier approach not be in order here?

In any case, the elderly Chandelure had boldly ascended the stairwell that would lead him out of the dungeons. It was as he got to the next floor that he witnessed the battle between the Steelix and the Aggron who'd imprisoned everyone earlier. It was likely that the Steelix would ultimately have the upper hand but, not wanting to stick and find out, Cabrakan continued forth where he'd be out of sight from either one of them. He turned back to ensure he was in the clear... only to notice that the stranger was just standing there, watching the battle at hand and allowing herself to be spotted.

With a sigh and a slap of his own forehead, Cabrakan motioned for his telekinesis to activate, yanking the stranger closer to him so he could scold at her from a safe distance, whilst keeping his voice down as well. He didn't want to have to yell after all, since that'd get him spotted too.

"So what, we're abandoning all sentiment of plan here? Is that what where doing?" Cabrakan asked in a growling manner.

yCrzb88.png
Remnants of Team Sexual Tension
Southshore

The next day, Beatrice found herself holding out a map that the Politoed had given her and laying it out on the table. She was evidently getting better at finding her voice again, as evidenced by the confidence she had in asking for the map in the first place. Although...

"OK... so I'm here,"she pointed to where Southshore was depicted as she said this, before placing another finger elsewhere on the map, "...and Ogren's here."

She looked between the two points, and then around her in an attempt to establish some form of bearings, and then back to the two points again. Beatrice continued to stare at the map in a confused manner, before she noticed that there was an ocean right next to the finger she had on Southshore.

"Don't tell me I have to start swimming again..." she groaned, already remembering that neither of the two times in her life in which her body had entered the water ever went well, before she shook her head, "Never mind that, I still gotta get two weeks of supplies! ...three weeks, knowing me. And I only have 500 Poke on me too."

Although she was was mostly talking to herself, she wouldn't mind the Politoed offering any suggestions, certainly not if they were good suggestions. Beatrice still sighed however, wondering if this journey was even gonna be possible. She was beginning to miss Denku already... even if it was only because Denku was much better at organizing things for travel than Beatrice could ever hope to be, it was a perfectly reasonable justification in her mind.

"So what, we're abandoning all sentiment of plan here? Is that what where doing?"

"You barely elaborated about the plan anyway, not to mention all notion of planning is tossed out of window once that shark just jolt out of the scene without a care."

Fia shook her head, annoyed at the chandelier that yanked her away from the wall down using some sort of psychic attack. She still had no idea about what she should do next, but well...getting out would be a priority.

"Plan can't be salvaged now whatever it is, better think of something better and adapt to the situation. You know that most of us can't read your mind right?"

Morning came, and most of the refugees had left the Arena. Alleria left Fiona with the shady person as she wandered around in search of any information, but she did end up spending her night finding a secluded enough corner and touching herself as she thought about Fiona until she fell asleep. With the guards looking around the Arena in the morning, she rushed to look for the two people she had carelessly left behind, and once she found them, Alleria decided to say a thought that passed on her mind for a while.

"You...uh...this might sound a bit unreasonable, but...do you want to tag along with us in the Arena? I just...honestly I'm feeling disgusted that I am not strong enough to have my voice be heard by people, or to protect this girl properly. We're on a quest to seek out legends anyway, and we'll face future hurdles that could be more troublesome than just gang members.

You've helped us a lot by guarding her tonight, strangely-familiar-stranger, and I'm thankful for that. I still don't know what is your goal here, but maybe tagging along could be fun?"

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke waited until Easter and the children were out of sight before sprinting deeper into the city. Coldharbour was a mess; the fight between the two rampaging legends left a path of smoldering destruction wherever it went, buildings that had stood for the last century crumbling like dominoes. Another roar from Kyurem shook the ground, leaving her eyes ringing,  and the smell of burning wood, seared cobblestone, and charred flesh was overpowering. Brooke knew, without a doubt, that brand of destruction had come from Kyurem. A Dragon-type's knock-off flames were nothing when compared to a true Fire-type's.

Her nose crinkled up in disgust as she ran.

Okay, talked a big game, but how am I gonna back it up? she wondered. Kyurem and Deoxys were capable of flight, duking it out above the city like it was nothing more than a giant playground. Could use Fire Blast… Would it be able to reach them? she hesitated, ducking under a fallen support beam. Whether Fire Blast could reach them wasn’t even a factor, because no matter how much she racked her brain, she couldn’t remember how to conjure the famous Five-Point fire move. She hadn’t used it since she had learned Flare Blitz, and she had been so focused on perfecting that, she had forgotten the ranged technique.

There’s gotta be something I can d-- . . . . Brooke’s ruminations were interrupted by a stone house collapsing ahead of her, but whoever had it made it must have done a hell of a job, because one of the walls remained mostly intact. That was exactly what she needed. Something heavy to throw. She ducked her head, one hand clapped over her hat so it’d stay on her head, and ran for the wall.

It was heavy, but not enough that she couldn’t lift it. The biggest hindrance was just how big it was comparatively. She was only going to get one shot.

Taking a minute to study the scene (Kyurem was assaulting Deoxys, who was more armored than she recalled), Brooke got herself ready. Chances were that the wall, even if she hit, wouldn’t affect the legendary much. Would it buy Deoxys some breathing room? Hopefully. She would figure out the rest from there.

Seizing the fractured stone wall, Brooke took a deep breath, and pivoted on her heel to gain momentum, spinning near a full 360 degrees before releasing her grip on it. It hurtled toward the brawling legends with the approximate force of a f***ton.

“Ground it!” she shouted breathlessly afterwards, adrenaline pumping white hot through her veins. “I can’t help you if it’s in the air!”

[spoiler=Combat Information]

Level: 33

Ability:  Reckless. Basically, anytime Brooke injures herself with an attack, she makes sure she's gonna injure you tenfold.
Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (15/15)
  • Superpower (5/5)
  • Head Smash (5/5)
  • Flame Charge (20/20)

Susano of the Flame: Encompassing Body

TL;DR: she threw a broken piece of a wall at (hopefully) Kyurem and tried to get Deoxys to force it lower.

Adarid Team Karaoke

"If you want to check that...place, by all means, but I will not go anywhere near it. I shall be in the market if you wish to find me after." Suddenly, Gwen had stormed off. "G-Gwen, wait..." He reached out to her, but she had already left. He let out a sigh before biting hit lip. Lok didn't think that she would react like this - then again, she wasn't a bit fan of conflict. Should he of spoken up the way he did? Usually, he let the others make decisions. He turned to Nine, who was looking at the group. "Well it appears it's decided where we're going now." He let out a nod before following along.

Eventually they caught up to Gwen, Lok nodding along to what Nine was saying. When Nine was done, Lok floated up to Gwen. "I'm sorry, I didn't...I didn't think you didn't want to go there...I just thought that it would be a good first place to look." The marketplace was also a fine location. At the very least, if they could fine one of the locals, they could ask them about their friend. He bit the bottom of his lip a bit. "A-Anyways, we should probably get to looking for clues..." When he was finished, he moved to the back of the group as Nine asked his question to her.

Fryst Team Showdown

Scarlet watched as the two fought, glancing over to Fia, whom did not seem too happy. Seeing as the girl seemed to move in a way that wasn't really plausible, Scarlet concluded that she was probably getting scolded by Cabrakan. Still, they needed a plan and fast. There was no doubt in her mind that more guards would come in soon and, despite him being very capable, she knew the Steelix couldn't keep going at it forever. At the same time, they needed to get out of here soon if they wanted even a chance to escape. She glanced over to Isole, then to the rest of the group. She let out a sigh; it wasn't the best of plans, but there wasn't much time to dwell on that. She decided that she would assist the Steelix, allowing her friends to escape; primarily, she wanted to make sure Isole got out of here unscathed. She walked over to Isole and whispered in her ear, passing her the substitute doll. "You need to get out of here. I reckon Cabrakan is near where Fia is, although I don't know where he is exactly. You need to find him and escape." She then went to hide - she wasn't sure if the Aggron had seen her yet, but it was probably for the best to hide regardless. She would wait until the guards came to back up the Aggron, then leap into combat. She took a deep breathe, knowing that she might not make it out with her companions.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Taiga took a moment to see if the team had caught up to her, only to notice that they had faltered in their stride.  Taiga almost blew a gasket at the site!

"What are you all waiting for?  The plan is to leave this dang place before something bad happens!"  With all the commotion that was going on outside, she knew that it was already too late for that...now they just had to get out of here with their lives in tact.  She saw how that mystery Steelix struggled against his opponent, but shook off the notion of helping him that crossed her mind.  After all, she didn't owe the lug much...she could've chewed through those bars in no time!  

"So I suggest we get a move on..."  Taiga stated again, in an annoyed tone, as she continued running towards the exit.  This whole situation was just bothersome

Jjj76h5.png

So Whisper, still wearing the entirety of her getup as an Assassin of the Order, ended up staying the night in the Arena along with Fiona and Alleria...and what felt like roughly half the population of the city of Adarid. She wasn't the most comfortable with sleeping out in the open like that, but then she supposed it wasn't such a horribly unsafe thing. The Emperor had often relied upon the Order to eliminate threats to his rule, so if anything it could be called reassurance that they were still around for her to be letting herself seen publicly like this. Not to mention that most people wouldn't think an assassin would just sit around and let themselves be seen, so they could just assume it was a costume of some sort. Thus she slept lightly that night, but soundly.

In the morning when everyone was let out of the arena, Whisper had a bit of soreness in her back from having slept seated against a wall. Nothing that a little stretching couldn't fix, but it was still an annoyance. She had been planning to go and see to the Order's headquarters, and primary shrine, under the city, but before she could leave she was approached by the Altaria.

"You...uh...this might sound unreasonable, but...do you want to tag along with us in the Arena? I just...honestly I'm feeling disgusted that I am not strong enough to have my voice be heard by people, or to protect this girl properly. We're on a quest to seek out legends anyway, and we'll face future hurdles that could be more troublesome than just gang members. You've helped us a lot by guarding her tonight, strangely-familiar-stranger, and I'm thankful for that. I still don't know what is your goal here, but maybe tagging along could be fun?" Well, that was an interesting offer indeed. It made sense that if these two were hunting legends they would be likely to encounter the Godslayers, in particular the one of them she was after, which would make it all the easier for Whisper to find and kill him. As for the arena, she had her own reasons to become stronger. Though that did also have the potential for causing more problems, especially with delaying what she had hoped to do in the city. Still, it was unlikely that the delay they would face in the Arena would greatly impact her plans. It would be better for her to go under the city at night anyways.

"Very well." She said, turning to look over them. "If the two of you have plans in the arena, I will join you. I might need to change into something other than these robes, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it."

Team Mac, Day 15, Near/In Southshore

"Why don't we--actually never mind, What about--no, not there either, Let's go to the herb shop!" he finished. "You can get a pretty great view of the city from above."

Mac gave Suiten a "Are you kidding me?" look at the suggestion but, when hearing about the view, brightened up. She grinned, grabbed him by the hand, and practically dragged him towards the nearest tree that led upwards. As it turns out there were narrow, with rails, pathways spiraling around some of the trees that would bring them to the platforms in the trees. Which, as it turns out, was actually by the herb shop itself. Mac stopped before going in, though, and instead grabbed onto the railing and looked out into the trees.

BGM

They were everywhere, large, leafy, with branches swaying gently in a soft breeze that stirred Mac's frills and caused her to giggle a bit at the tickling sensation. She could see people milling about, greeting each other cheerfully, kids running along the many platforms, calling out to each other from across the gaps, and some were swinging across on what seemed to be rope-swings made of vines.

The city seemed a peaceful one, relaxing, much different than what the previous days were like. Mac enjoyed action but even she had to admit it was nice.

She turned her head towards Suiten.

"Nature is pretty great, isn't it?" Mac said suddenly. She had been thinking about it, after the incident, and she was finally realizing what it was that bothered her most about Kah's actions. "What right do we have to hurt nature? Fighting each other is one thing but doing harm to plants and animals? I dunno, doesn't that feel wrong to you?"

-----

"I need to get to Southshore. If you want to check in on how I feel about the offer a bit later, I'll probably be there."

As Kah left the Gardevoir said one last thing. "Oh worry not, I plan on it."

Once the Hydreigon was out of sight, Edgelord came down from a nearby tree, looking grumpy. "We could have finished her off right there." He said.

"Too much work. Why would I do that when I can get her to do my work for me?" She looked towards the path again, smiling in an almost gentle way. "Things are going to get so...busy, soon. I just want to sleep but...well, perhaps I won't have to lift a finger for this next one. After all they...Well let's just see how it goes. Come now, child, we best not take too long."

----

The Politoed watched as Bea mulled over her options, curious. "Now you makin' me do all sorts of wonderin bout what brings you here. Why dontcha tell me bout it while we eat?" He set the pot of gumbo down on a wooden platter and began to spoon out some of the food, heaping it onto Bea's bowl until it was nearly overflowing. "Unless you want to get going right after you eat."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

"Let's go meet this 'hero,'"

Dora's eyes widened. A hero? HERE? That was PERFECT! That's exactly what they needed. Without any more thought Dora followed Easter towards their destination, where two people were standing around. But which one was the hero? That guy looked a bit scary, maybe it was the one with the stick thingy? They didn't look super heroic but they also didn't look scary at all. This was quite the mystery....

There's something going on here. I don't know what, but this might not be the safest place for us either."

"So what do we do about that?" Fawkes asked. "Keep running? Because I'm fine with that."

Dora shook her head. "Hero." She said simply and took off in the direction of the two. "Heeeeey Heeeeroooooo!" She called out, realizing the best option would be to call out for them and see who responded.

"I've been watching that all night right off the heels of meeting a different legend. I'm over the shock factor, As for why I came to you, I was first seeing if you were okay and if you needed help... But now I'm a little more curious why you're here waving that rod around,"

The Froslass grew curious at the mention of a different legend. Was there another so close? Besides those they knew about?

They looked at Denku, newfound interest in their eyes. "Would you like me to show you what it does?" they said, almost emotionless.

As the two looked at each other, Froslass barely turned their head as they heard Dora's call. But they still responded. "What do you want from this one, little child?" Finally looking up, they noticed Easter as well and an amused look appeared on their face. "One of the original." They called out to Easter. "This one knows you, though, you don't know this one. This one was very careful not to directly confront one of the S.S. Showdown crew. Well, except, for that small one. But that was not part of the plan. It is unfortunate this one failed that day. But it all works out in the end, as it should, for this one."

----

Deoxys was starting to realize this battle was not what she had expected. Somehow Kyurem was managing to take everything they could dish out. Deoxys knew that Kyurem was no ordinary foe but she hadn't thought it would have power to rival even the strongest of the Legendarily. The data did say it had to have been sealed away, but, that was only when the brothers were still...

Then a piece of a building came hurtling through the air, striking Kyurem. The Dragon looked towards it source, though Deoxys could sense who it was even before the Emboar spoke, and seemed to want to attack. Unfortunately for it the Taunt was still in effect and it couldn't bring itself to attack.

Deoxys knew her energy was beginning to falter, and knew she would need the assistance. So she decided to do what she had been avoiding until now.

She shifted into Attack Form and began to glow with Psychic energy. The air around her began to shift, to distort, and Brooke would be able to feel a sensation similar to a headache begin. Deoxys thrust its tentacled arms forward as a wave of Psychic power rushed out, striking Kyurem and forcibly slamming them into the ground below.
Deoxys quivered as the attack ended, feeling herself drained of energy, as Kyurem stood up once more.

Team Karaoke, Day 11, Market/Arena

Gwen looked around at the Market with a bit of awe. She hadn't been here last time and it was...incredible. There were so many people! And so many things! Vendors were selling all sorts of food, fresh produce, cooked meat on a stick, and some different kinds of sugared treats. But that was only part of it. Spread across the huge area were dozens of different types of shops. Over here clothing, over there toys, and musical instruments right next to that.

People seemed to have not been too affected by the previous night here, as they all talked and laughed and went about their business. Though Gwen noticed it was mostly just the richer folk who were up and about.

,"hey, if you didn't want to go that's fine, I mean your say in the matter has far more sway than my own here, and probably more than any of the others for that matter. So you don't have to go off on your own if you don't like what we said, just curious. There any reason you don't want to go to the arena?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't...I didn't think you didn't want to go there...I just thought that it would be a good first place to look."

Gwen's look of awe slipped away as she realized they had followed her here. She tried to reverse it on Nine, however, and smiled slightly at him. "Well, I see you couldn't stay away." She frowned a bit at the question. "I just don't like all the fighting...well, I hadn't meant for you all to come here, I don't really know where to look for them, honestly."

Her attention was taken up by a nearby vendor who, seeing several new faces, seemed to get excited. "Hello there, ladies and gentlemen, why don't you take a look at my wares? I can assure you they are of TOP quality, very top quality." Gwen looked around, confused, until she realized the man, a Hypno, was sitting on a rather old looking rug behind her.

He was surrounded in a bunch of...junk. Vases, chipped and worn,  rolled up and dusty looking rugs, a very old looking, dirty, lamp. Was this the thing called antiques? Or, perhaps, it was just junk trying to pretend to be antiques. Gwen couldn't keep the interested look out of her eyes, though, which the others would be able to see if they looked. But, do they have time for shopping around? And, what even would they need this stuff for?

She, somewhat sadly, mentioned. "Sorry sir we're looking for our friends, we're not looking to buy anything..."

The man's face fell but then said. "Oh but lovely lady, I might be able to help with that! I have been known to be good at locating others...Of course, maybe if you buy something..." He left it hanging there but the intentions were clear. Buy his stuff and, if he were to be trusted, he'd help them find the others.

While they stood around, Gwen and the others could overhear some talking off to the side. "Yeah, destroyed, went up in flames."

"For real? What about that...that Heather, isn't she supposed to be super strong?"
"Dunno, heard she got beat bad, alls I know is Juyu was wiped out, place pretty much leveled."

----

Fiona woke up with a bright and sunny feeling, she was smiling at everyone around her, even Whisper...and then Alleria returned. The smile slipped from her face as the girl talked about getting stronger. How dare she? She, who had beaten Kiwidinok, thought she was too weak?
It looked like the other wanted to join in on it. Well fine, be that way.

"W-well, I would rather not fight. If that's okay." Fiona said meekly, playing up the idea that she didn't actually totally enjoy fighting. No way she'd slip up again and show her strength to these two. "But if you want, go ahead, I'll just wait around..."

Once the group made their way to the Arena, they would find it open and running even this early. The entrance led to a long desk, stretching across thirty feet, where several Gijinka stood. There were signs indicating which was for which. Betting, tickets, and entrants.

The room itself was lit by a torches running along the wall, giving off a primitive atmosphere, and the desk was solid stone. There were two large openings behind the desk, with signs above them indicating that one was for contestants, and one for observers.

If they were to approach the desk for entrants, the receptionist would smile at them and ask what it was they needed. Were they to ask to be registered as entrants, the next question would be if they wanted to enter as Singles or Doubles. And to let them know it would be half an hour before their matches could begin, either way. "Anything else you need?"

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst Tower

Isole stared blankly at those around them. It seemed the only one that was actually acting was Taiga. Isole hated to think this but the shark girl might be right. They had to go, right then, or else they might not be able to go at all.

"You need to get out of here. I reckon Cabrakan is near where Fia is, although I don't know where he is exactly. You need to find him and escape."

It wasn't as if it was hard to spot him....Isole noticed that Scarlet had specified "You".

"Let's all just go." She said dully, shaking her head and heading for the door. On the way she spotted Carbakan, seemingly getting close to that other girl, that Fia person. "You need to break that habit of harassing women you just met." She said to him, before continuing on and out the door.

It seemed the place was basically abandoned. With all the shop keepers and civilians hiding inside while whatever was going on went on. There were no guards that Isole could see. Presumably they'd be at the wall, repelling invaders. Unfortunately the wall was where they needed to be, to get out. "Any ideas?" She said, without much hope.

Inside, the battle between Silver and the Steelix continued. The girl, slammed into the wall next to the stairway, spoke finally. "You are strong...are you really the hero, Alarik?"

The Steelix grunted. "I am no hero." he said solemnly, before throwing Silver over himself and slamming her into the ground.

Juyu, Day 10

Kayla couldn't keep up. There was so much to do after the attack and so few people to do it. She had recruited that Charizard that was in the jail, who seemed to be a good sort, according to Azriel, to help out but it wasn't easy. Not to mention she had to keep people from finding out about Heather. She spread the word that she was hurt but not badly, and is working behind the scenes until she could recover fully, but that wouldn't last long.

Kayla had hoped to find Chasers that she could ask to search for something that she learned might be able to help but that looked to be a pipe dream. She realized what she had to do. She had to go herself.

She hadn't left Juyu since she came here, with Heather and the others, as a kid. But she knew the path she had to go and that was all she needed.

It would be rough but hopefully she could do it on her own. Or perhaps she could find someone on the way. Whatever the case Kayla knew she had to go.

She had to find Jirachi no matter what.

Adarid City / ~

The market. Despite the commotion going throughout the entire city the market was inexplicably active.

Clotilde dismissed it as simply another bizarre phenomenon in a series of strange events the past day or two but she'd really like to know why these vendors and customers aren't hiding at home. They were even gossiping about some town a distance away burning up, as if the one they stood on wasn't under some predicament as well. Coming from a police-guarded road the difference was jarring. Wouldn't the authorities have broken up this gathering? Already she found herself questioning the scene before her even though she had just decided to dismiss it. She kept her reality crisis to herself.

Whilst mentally struggling to understand the festivities in front of her, she noticed too late that Gwendoline was approached by a Hypno vendor. They had exchanged a few words, which was already way too many. One of her maid classes dealt with basic business (for when her masters may not always be educated in such matters) and Psychic-type merchants were the one thing she learned to never trust from those. She hurried.

"Pardon me!" Somewhat inelegantly she shoved her suitcase in-between them, her breath jagged from the sudden adrenaline rush. "Stop there, you Hypno. We don't have time to entertain you and your hypnotic nonsense! Go con some other oblivious tourist. Your wares look interesting but I'm sure that's some weird ability you Psychics have."

kMykmrI.png

Ari glanced curiously at Kazo. Why was he pausing like that? Was there something wrong with his family? "I've never met my dad. I'm not even sure if he knows I exist. My mom doesn't talk about him. Speaking of my mom, she doesn't... Like me. She didn't really want me around," the blue gijinka rubbed his neck.

"Huh?! But why?" the Litleo couldn't understand why anybody wouldn't like Kazo. Some people were just dumb. Suiten he could understand somewhat. Because he hadn't seen how cool Kazo could be yet. But his mom? She had to have seen it every day! Maybe she was just blind. "That's dumb," he shook his head.

"But the woman she was married to, my Tyranitar mom, didn't let her just toss me out. I also had a step-brother, Denku. They were around for a long while... Until my moms got into a fight, and they separated, my Tyranitar mom taking Denku and moving to Orgen," he paused before adding, "I really miss them."

"Wait, whoa, you had two moms?" To Ari, families were made up of a mom, a dad, and maybe a sister or a brother. He hadn't ever heard of two moms before. Well, until he arrived in Juyu. That city had a lot of moms, and not nearly enough dads. He had been told he needed to be more open-minded when he pointed that out, but he wasn't really sure what cracking open his head would do except kill him. "Oh wait, you're from Juyu, so no wonder!" now he got it. It was because Kazo was from Juyu that he had two moms. Maybe that was just a Juyu thing. An unending empire of mothers in a single city. Actually...that was kind of a scary thought. His mom could be even scarier than his dad sometimes, and much stricter. He couldn't imagine having two moms.

"Well, then later my mom remarried to my Excadrill mom, who had my other step-brother, Sai. He left to be a chaser, and I did too. I haven't really contacted my family ever since," he then rubbed his neck and smiled nervously. "Sorry if I brought down the mood."

"Wait, what, so your second mom broke up and remarried? That happens? You can marry again?" But why would anybody want to break up with the mommy or daddy that they decided they liked? He couldn't imagine his parents breaking up. Or his mom deciding she wanted to marry a different gijinka. Would he have to call that gijinka "dad" too? But...he already had a dad! Maybe it was easier for Kazo, because he already had two moms so he was used to having more than one. Not to mention one of them sounded stupid, so maybe that was why the other mom didn't like her. In that case, go her! Anybody who couldn't see how cool Kazo was didn't deserve him anyway.

"Well, anyways, your family sounds great. I hope I can meet them someday."

"Me too!" Ari bounced at the thought. "You'd like them, and I know they'd like you! Because you're a great Chaser, and super cool, and nice, and, and..." he ran out of words for a second, "And a super great bro--friend!" he fixed his words quickly.

Soon afterward, the pair would see a group of buildings. And just as many were in the trees as on the ground.

BGM
Southshore. A city in the trees. Sort of. The entire city is peppered with massive, unbelievable so, trees that, many years ago, the first residents of Southshore hollowed out to house themselves. While also making sure to keep the trees alive and thriving. It was a difficult task but, with much assistance, they were able to accomplish their goal. Now the city flourishes as the last stop before entering Eastern Adarid. They don't have a particularly remarkable export, only a skilled blacksmith and a rather well regarded herb shop and stable, but they are a popular location for tourists due to the famous South Inn. Which has the most highly regarded seafood in the region. The city has expanded somewhat during their many years and rope bridges were set up to connect the buildings built high in the trees. A rather strange dock exists in the, sandy, eastern area of the city. It has ferry that transports them halfway across the water that separates Soutshore from the Eastern land. It only goes halfway because the bridge that extends from the east doesn't reach Southshore itself. Some say it's to better protect the city. Some say the dock-owner is just a greedy bastard.

"Whoa!" Ari breathed. "This...place...is...so...cool!" he jumped up and down excitedly. "Whoaaa! Kazo, where should we go first, huh, huh? Look at that? That house is in that tree! And so is that one! There are gijinka in the trees too! Do you think we can go up in those trees too? Oh, what's that smell? That smells good," he glanced at a nearby building, where a lot of gijinka seemed to be singing at once. "They sound like they're having fun in there."

--

Suiten breathed in a sigh of relief that Mac had taken his suggestion. The tavern had started to sound rowdy, the first notes of a song spilling out the doors, and Mac was far too young for whatever they'd be singing there. Though, knowing her, she'd probably join them or challenge one of the singers to a fight.

Now that they were up in the canopy, he could enjoy the feel of the wind more, the stiff sea breeze calming his nerves. Perhaps it was because of his typing, but he did so like the scent of water. Something about it made him feel...home. Beside him, Mac giggled at the sensation, causing the Samurott to crack a smile. The two watched the city for a few minutes, enjoying the sensation of peace. Suiten had felt as if he were in the center of a storm for a long while. First, the Ditto village and their excitement, then the storm at the lake, and then the fight with the boars. Not to mention, the whole while, he had been worried about finding enough food for the group. But here they were, safe and sound, and hopefully everybody had enough money to get a decent meal in their bellies.

"Nature is pretty great, isn't it?" Mac said suddenly, causing the Samurott to turn his head toward her. "What right do we have to hurt nature? Fighting each other is one thing but doing harm to plants and animals? I dunno, doesn't that feel wrong to you?"

"It does," Suiten replied. "We gijinka are at the top of the food chain, so to speak. If we don't protect nature, then who will? As the strongest, we have a duty to watch over those weaker than us, and that goes double for Chasers." He stared into the distance, the words bringing forth a faintly nostalgic feeling. "However, it is not only plants and animals that are weaker, but other gijinka. We have to watch over them too." He wondered if his words would reach Mac, if she would understand. That Kah had done what she had done because of fear, because as the strongest of the group, she had to be the wariest, the most alert for any danger to those below her. It hadn't been right, but her intentions had been understandable.

He snorted softly. Most likely the Helioptile would take that as him saying that she had to protect others. Well, that was a good lesson too.

Nearby, a couple of gijinka exited the herb shop, chattering amongst themselves. "...I know herbs stink, but you can never be too prepared. This world is becoming more and more dangerous," one of them, a Butterfree gijinka said.

"What do you mean?" the other, a Deerling gijinka asked.

"Well, did you hear," he lowered his voice, but Suiten's keen ears still picked up her next words, "about Regirock? They say that it died. Not just defeated, but was killed."

"What, like the last one? Do you think it's the same gijinka?"

"I don't know, maybe. All I know is that the world is getting more dangerous for regular gijinka like us. We got to keep on our toes, and that's why I stocked up on herbs. Never know when you might need it," his tone turned ominous.

"Maybe I should too then," his friend sounded nervous. "The desert isn't that far from here. The culprit could be in this very city."

"Adarid might end up being the safest place for us."

"You kidding? Have you heard about the gang fights there? No, we might have better luck in Weynon, even if they are a bunch of..."

Suiten blinked, his peace replaced by dread. Somebody strong enough to take down Regirock? Volcanion was bad enough, and now this? He looked around nervously, breathing starting to hitch. No, calm down, he thought. Just because it happened nearby doesn't mean that the killer is...here. But if they are... If they were, then they could target any one of the group. Such as Ari, Kazo, or Kah. Heck, they could have already met the killer. Well, Kah could take care of herself for the most part, but even the strong Hydreigon would have a hard time of it against somebody who could take down a legend. Not to mention... He looked around. "We should regroup with the others," he suggested, scanning the area below with worry.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Once they arrived at the scene, and Easter revealed his hesitations about this area, Fawkes asked a good question. "So what do we do about that? Keep running? Because I'm fine with that."

"Maybe..." Easter said at the same time Dora spoke, "Hero." the Wooper then took off in the direction of the two. "Heeeeey Heeeeroooooo!"

Should've known she'd pull this... the fairy type grumbled internally, following after her. "No, wait, bad Dora, bad." Wait, she wasn't a pet fox to be scolded for swiping things. Still, she could be as oblivious as one.

The two gijinka exchanged some words, and as the Sylveon got closer, he caught the tail end of it. "...a little more curious why you're here waving that rod around." If the fairy type hadn't been so distracted, he might have teased the Pupitar for how dirty his words sounded.

"Would you like me to show you what it does?"

Am I seeing the beginnings of foreplay here?

The Froslass turned their head as the Wooper approached. "What do you want from this one, little child?" Finally looking up, they noticed Easter as well and an amused look appeared on their face. "One of the original. This one knows you, though, you don't know this one." Original? What was she talking about? "This one was very careful not to directly confront one of the S.S. Showdown crew." Oh, so that's what she meant. "Well, except, for that small one." What? "But that was not part of the plan. It is unfortunate this one failed that day. But it all works out in the end, as it should, for this one."

Thump.

Easter stopped dead, feeling as if a cold hand had clenched around his heart.

You...

So they...

It was...you?

They had been the one...?

Thump.

The one to kill...?

You...?

So that was why...?

A cold body. Crying, who was crying? Was it Rei? She was a loudmouth, but when it came to stuff like this...she wasn't very strong at all. Then again, nobody had expected this. Nobody had wanted this. No, not this at all. Even the captain looked grim, and it was the captain.

He stood there, frozen in place, blue eyes glistening with unshed tears.

Thump.

A delicious, familiar feeling. A roar from the back of his mind, like a tidal wave. Rip. Tear. Kill.

"YOU!" he roared. The sky started to clear in the area just above the Sylveon, moonlight shining through. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand!"

"Me too!" Ari bounced at the thought. "You'd like them, and I know they'd like you! Because you're a great Chaser, and super cool, and nice, and, and... And a super great bro--friend!" Kazo chuckled a bit as he heard Ari.

"You're a good friend to, Ari," He stated as they finally made it to Southshore. Ari was super excited, and Kazo could see why. Everything was in a tree, and honestly, it was pretty cool!

"Whoa!" Ari breathed. "This...place...is...so...cool!" he jumped up and down excitedly. "Whoaaa! Kazo, where should we go first, huh, huh? Look at that? That house is in that tree! And so is that one! There are gijinka in the trees too!" Kazo's head was starting to spin due to Ari's enthusiasm. He just couldn't keep up! Do you think we can go up in those trees too? Oh, what's that smell? That smells good," Kazo looked over to where Ari was directing him. "They sound like they're having fun in there." Kazo shook his head before grabbing Ari by his shirt's neckline.

"Let's not. That's not the kind of place for younger people...," He then thought to himself. "It'd probably be better to try to find a store where we can get you new clothes. No offense, but what you're wearing isn't too... practical for traveling,"

"Would you like me to show you what it does?"

"... I'm a bit curious," Denku muttered as he got into a defensive stance. She was putting him on edge... and a fight would not go in his favor, since he was up all night and still aching from the Dragon Pulse. God, would his luck ever look up for once? Well... at least it couldn't get worse.

"Heeeeey Heeeeroooooo!" a young voice called out. Denku resisted the urge to facepalm. He wasn't even safe in his own mind! He turned around to see a young Wooper running up to them.

"No, go back! It's dangerous here!" He stated before he saw even more people coming. Why why why why why?! The Froslass began to talk about something that seemed to resonate with the Sylveon, because he/she/it/Freaky Alien Genotype began to get pissed.

"YOU!" he roared. The sky started to clear in the area just above the Sylveon, moonlight shining through. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand!"

"How about that we have something bigger going on, like two monstrously powerful gijinka duking it out in the middle of the city, the fact we should be paying attention and make sure an attack doesn't fly our way, or you know, the fact two small children are next to you?!" Why was he always the only sane one in any place he was at?!

Adarid Team Karaoke

Lok's gaze was caught by the Hypno salesmen. "Hello there, ladies and gentlemen, why don't you take a look at my wares? I can assure you they are of TOP quality, very top quality." Around him was a variety of objects that ranged from interesting looking to what seemed to just be junk. Actually, most of it looked like random junk. "Sorry sir we're looking for our friends, we're not looking to buy anything..." The hypno went on to express that he would be willing to help them...if they bought something. Lok seemed fairly convinced that the man would be able to help them, but Clotilde didn't seem too trustworthy of the man. Before he could get a word in, however, he overheard a conversation. "For real? What about that...that Heather, isn't she supposed to be super strong?" He turned almost immediately to the people talking at the mention of Heather. "Dunno, heard she got beat bad, alls I know is Juyu was wiped out, place pretty much leveled." Lok let out a gasp in horror as he heard the conversation. "L-Leveled...?" He wondered how this could of happened. Trying to calm his hysteria, he hummed himself the Lugia song. Was the girl that taught him that song ok?

Fryst Team Showdown

"Let's all just go." The girl spoke dully, making her way out of the building. Scarlet was still worried about the Steelix; she wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it once back-up arrived. Plus, she secretly wanted to meet and talk to the man who saved her town long ago. Still, Isole had a point - it was probably for the best if they all just left right now. She sighed, looking back at the Steelix. Maybe he'd be fine on his own. "Can't a girl have her dramatic moment?" She spoke under her breath, jokingly, before following the rotom girl.

Once outside, it was clear that the place was mostly abandoned. Luckily, this also meant that there was no guards. However, the issue was that, in order to leave, they'd have to go to the wall...where all the guards were probably stationed. "Any ideas?" Isole seemed to have reached the same conclusion, judging by the tone of her voice. Scarlet shook her head. Normally, she would be thinking of a plan, but at that specific moment not only was she thinking of the Steelix, but the vacant town also reminded her about the Delcatty. "If only we gotten to meet the doctor..." she thought out loud.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine had caught up to Gwen, upon her smirking and making the comment about him not being able to stay away, he simply put his arms up and to the side, with his expression reading that of "you caught me." As she answered his question, though, he started to think on it as well. Not being a fan of fighting was understandable, Nine wasn't all that fond of the senseless beat downs that went around the whole continent himself either, though the arena was a different kind of concept from that. Nevertheless, he pried no further in the matter and instead decided to take a look around the market area.

It was rather amusing, yet almost unsurprising, to see that the market had been completely unaffected by the going-ons of yesterday. From whenever Nine had been here prior the Market had been a rather lively and active place, one where all kinds of vendors had lined the streets. Rain or shine, (or even freak snowstorm that was still kind of weird now that Nine thought about it,) the market had gone on and the people would continue buying, conversing and just going about their lives. While it might've seemed like a major event to everyone who lived outside the city, Nine included, he realized that violence was common in Adarid, especially the city. And while large scale fights like that probably didn't happen often, they were still warring gangs and probably scuffled in the streets often with each other. As such, it was probably just another day to them. 

While Nine was musing about this, Gwendoline had her attention taken by something else. A hypno salesman, selling what appeared to be some kind of useless junk and bobbles that no one would ever really have any need for. While it was clear that they didn't need anything from him, the hypno then seemed to try and sweeten the deal by saying he could locate people quite well. This, quite obviously, seemed like some kind of scam and as Nine thought this, it seemed the aggron maid had thought likewise as well, telling the salesman off about his deal. It was then that something else caught Nine's ears. Passerbys talking about something to do with Juyu, and how it apparently been leveled. Nine's eyes went a bit wide for a second, as the rotom next to him seemed to be in similar horror. 

There was no way that could possibly be true. Nevermind the why it would happen, there was no way someone would have been able to just waltz in there and destroy it. It was simply impossible. Yet, this was really weird to lie and create a rumor of. Trying to calm himself, Nine let out a deep exhale, before looking to the talkers and walking over to them. Giving a bit of a wave to them, he said, "excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. What was it you said about Juyu?"

"Apparently some guy came in and started wrecking the place."

"Some guy? How long ago did this happen?"

"Yeah some guy, I heard it was a giant or something. Ten feet tall! Er, a few days ago apparently. News only came in now so I don't really know when...Oh but it was during a festival."

"Oh, alright, thanks." With that, Nine waved to the two and made his way back to the rest of the group. His face was one that was both solemn and slightly confused. He didn't know what could have or who could have possibly done something like that. However, the more he thought on it, the more his heart began to sink at the obvious implication if Juyu really was destroyed. It was something he could absolutely not believe, yet it was the only thing that might have allowed for it. Worry continued to cross his face and he started to think. He had to see it himself. He couldn't stay here any longer. He wanted to leave Adarid City immediately. However, the exit was on the opposite end of the city. And so looking to the rest of the group he said, "you know, maybe I'll uh, check out the arena after all. You know, can't hurt  to try? I'll just tell them where you guys are if I see them there and if they aren't then they were probably here." His expression and words did not carry the same nonchalance and calm that they normally would, and seemed more rushed. So without saying much more, Nine gave a wave and started to walk westward. 

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke didn’t stop to second guess herself when Kyurem hit the ground. She just ran toward the legendary Gijinka’s fallen form as fast as her legs would carry her, building up momentum as she went. She was only going to have time for one good hit if she was lucky, so she couldn’t afford to hesitate.

A red glow outlined her body as she tapped into her inner reserves, raising both hands above her head and jumping into the air, bringing her full strength and weight down on Kyurem’s head in the form of a hammerfist (~Superpower~). “And stay down!”

[spoiler=Combat Information]

Level: 33

Ability:  Reckless. Basically, anytime Brooke injures herself with an attack, she makes sure she's gonna injure you tenfold.
Moves/Powers:

• Flare Blitz (15/15)
  • Superpower (4/5)
  • Head Smash (5/5)
  • Flame Charge (20/20)

Susano of the Flame: Encompassing Body

TL;DR: she tried to hit it in the head with Superpower. -1 ATK and -1 DEF after that.

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"Oh worry not, I plan on it."

Good. Now then. This conversation was over, and Kah had places to get to. Knowing Mac, she'd get into some sort of trouble if left to her own devices for too long. Thus, Kah continued on down the road, bound for Southshore.

iU8EggM.png

Once she actually got there, Kah was taken aback by the surprising beauty of the place. Rather than chopping down trees to build the city like most places would, this was a city built within the trees. It certainly wasn't something she'd see anywhere near her native Skuldafn. As Kah made her way throughout the city, glancing to and fro at her surroundings, she suddenly stopped. She had to get back with the group.

If I were Mac, Kazo, or Ari, where would I go...

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"Heeeeey Heeeeroooooo!"

Dora, no! Dora was running off to chat with the hero and whichever one of them wasn't the hero. Why? And even Easter had to go catch her. Fawkes listened intently to the conversation the lot of them were having. However, she had no intention of revealing herself. Hero or not, just being here right now was still dangerous, and she didn't want to get struck by a stray attack from either of the fighting gijinkas after she'd finally started fighting for herself a tiny bit.

"YOU! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand!"

Nope, Fawkes thought. Nope, nope, not getting involved with this one. Nuh-uh, no way. But just disappearing would probably make Easter worry. Fawkes had a plan. Focusing hard, she made one single illusion clone of herself. "You stay here and keep an eye on things."

"You got it, boss."

Now then, her escape. Fawkes turned to face away, then started walking. Away from the conflict between probably Legends and Brooke. Away from whatever was about to go down between Easter and the Froslass and/or her buddy. Just away from everyone, though she took care to not go too far to where her illusion would fail. Once she'd put some more distance between herself and the conflict(s), the Zorua took a deep breath, and sat down in the snow. She wasn't touching that fight with a 50-yard stick, no way no how.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

"Let's all just go."

As the frigid gijinka agreed with her, Taiga let out a big toothy grin.  Finally they were on the same page...maybe this icy witch wasn't such a nuisance after all.  It got even better when she pointed out Cabrakan's insatiable need to grab onto ladies he had just encountered.  

"I swear to Arceus, I'll bite your octillery-like hands right off, geezer!"  She said, walking away slowly, as she did the thing.  

When they finally reached outside of the tower, Taiga looked around.  The place was abandoned.  Not a soul was in sight.  She stood and pondered for a moment, realizing like the rest of the team that they were going to have to go over the wall if they had any chance of getting out of this place.  Taiga stomped her foot in frustration.  No doubt some heavy stuff was happening outside the walls, and there was definitely no doubt that they were going to  get themselves involved.  Her teeth started to grate at a rapid pace...a tiresome habit by this point.  

"Any ideas?"

"Well, slush for brains, besides going on a suicide mission, I ain't got diddly squat!"  She pinched the bridge of her nose, and calmed herself down.  "Sorry...no I don't..."  Blech...apologizing was so not her style...but in all honesty, she was just tired of this place at this point.  Looking at ice-types just made her even more upset.  

"If only we gotten to meet the doctor..."

It snapped in her head.  Now was the perfect time to perform a catnapping!  

"Okay!  Now i've got an idea!  Follow me, suckers!"  She said, as she raced off through the city.  She retraced her steps in the mindset of Mako the Pirate Queen, trying her best to make her way back to his house.  

Team Karaoke, Day 11, Adarid Market

Juyu was...Oh Arceus, that was...terrible. Gwen thought back to her short time there. The Camerupt. Something seemed weird about him but obviously he couldn't have done anything...she shuddered a bit. Hopefully the city would be able to recover. Perhaps they should try and do something to help once they found the others...

"Stop there, you Hypno. We don't have time to entertain you and your hypnotic nonsense! Go con some other oblivious tourist. Your wares look interesting but I'm sure that's some weird ability you Psychics have."

Gwen looked over at Clotilde curiously. A con? Well, that would be unfortunate but wasn't it a bit hasty? After all he was in the market of the largest city on Adarid. "Are you sure? Wouldn't he have to be honest, since, you know...he's in the market and all?" Gwen stated, not realizing how naive her statement was, regardless if she was wrong or not.

"It's as the lady says." The Hypno spoke up "I can't afford to be a con! Just give it a try, you might like something."

In the midst of this, Lok had begun to hum and Gwen put her hand instinctively on his shoulder, hoping to give him some form or reassurance.

"you know, maybe I'll uh, check out the arena after all. You know, can't hurt  to try? I'll just tell them where you guys are if I see them there and if they aren't then they were probably here."

And now it seemed Nine was going. "Ah, but..." Gwen called after him, then stopped. She didn't have any say in what he did after all. She sighed, as their group shrunk to three. "Well, Ariados I suppose..."

She didn't know what to do. Everyone was acting so very strange...

"Excuse me sir but...perhaps, what's your cheapest item?"

The Hypno grinned. "Well aren't you a smart girl, yes, I suppose that'd be fine." He gestured over towards the lamp, which did look quite a bit more beat up than the other objects. "I suppose I could part with that for, say....800 Poke."

Gwen froze. Even just by herself she could only scrounge up 300 Poke, maybe if they combined their money, or they convinced him to lower the price?
She truly did think he would be able to direct them to the other two and...something about the lamp was oddly...alluring.

If the others looked at it they'd feel it too, something strange about the object, not necessarily negative, something unusual.

Team Mac, Day 15, Southshore

"We gijinka are at the top of the food chain, so to speak. If we don't protect nature, then who will? As the strongest, we have a duty to watch over those weaker than us, and that goes double for Chasers. However, it is not only plants and animals that are weaker, but other gijinka. We have to watch over them too."

Mac nodded solemnly. "Yeah. We do." Mac said, referring to the two of them. "Hey, I was wondering...why are you-"

She was cut off as she noticed some nearby folk talking about something....something...Oh. Oh no. He's dead? But he was so strong! "We just fought him...how.." She couldn't believe it. She had lived in Oasis, where Volcanion had been found, but, another? Just like that?

"We should regroup with the others,"

At first Mac didn't understand why he was so nervous, but, a moment later, an answer came to her. "Yeah. Okay. Let's do that." They started to head back, knowing that they would likely run into them near the entrance to the city if they hadn't lagged behind too much. Mac seemed to be pondering something and, after some thinking, looked towards Suiten. "Don't worry." She said. "Like you said, we have to watch over other Gijinka, I'll protect you!"

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 15, Coldharbour

"YOU! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand!"

Dora was confused. Why was Easter upset? Why was she all glowy and stuff? Did something happen? Maybe the Froslass ate her candy! That wouldn't be a nice thing to do. The Froslass' previous words had gone over Dora's head entirely and she was very surprised by the pretty lady's sudden mood change.

"How about that we have something bigger going on, like two monstrously powerful gijinka duking it out in the middle of the city, the fact we should be paying attention and make sure an attack doesn't fly our way, or you know, the fact two small children are next to you?!"

The Froslass gave a bemused look at the two. "Monstrously powerful. Yes, I suppose they are. And you, you want a reason? This one has the best reason for that. Simply put...you can't." They looked over at Kyurem and Deoxys, and shook their head. The air around them seemed to grow even colder than it already had been. "This one was taught to revere the Legends, to put faith in them. But faith is for the transient people. This one is meant for more than that. Look as this one controls a being feared by the Legends themselves." They gestured with the staff at Kyurem, who seemed to glow with some kind of energy as they roared in a mixture of rage and pain. "This one is meant for Godhood. And if you stand in this one's way....You will face the might of they who was once called Regice's Disciple"

The air turned bitterly cold as ice erupted from around the Froslass, rapidly forming a large barrier around Froslass, Denku, Easter, Dora, and the Fawkes clone. The barrier was nearly transparent, entirely ice, and radiated an intense cold. They were trapped in with Froslass, with thick ice between them and the rest of the area.

Froslass seemed to be resonating energy, though their expression was not much different than before. "Now show this one what mortals can do to a God." They said and a Hail began to fall inside of the ice prison.

-----

Kyurem felt the blow, and, surprisingly, it hurt. This little creature, this speck of insignificant flesh and bone, it hurt him? What surprising power from one that wasn't one of their kind.

The fight with Deoxys had been difficult but he knew he'd win. He couldn't lose. He was born to destroy. But with this addition, could he be in danger?

Perhaps it was time to...He felt a stabbing pain as the familiar feeling of the staff hit him. A feeling of his skull being crushed, fire being shoved into his eye sockets, and needles tearing into his face. He couldn't stop. He wouldn't stop.

They would all die today.

Kyurem stood, tossing the Emboar off of him, a small trickle of blue, blood-like fluid, dripping from his head. "All must end." He spoke, for the first time, and a blast of freezing air erupted around him. It caught Deoxys, who had been racing towards him, who stopped her in her tracks, the ice threatening to freeze her body over and limit her movements. She had to jump in the opposite direction to avoid the full brunt of the attack.

Brooke, despite being Fire type, was right in the way of the attack and would feel an intense pain as ice began to form around their arms and legs.

As she did, Kyurem attacked again. She would feel a rumble under her feet that, moments later, would erupt into a Ground attack from below.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst

"Well, slush for brains, besides going on a suicide mission, I ain't got diddly squat! Sorry...no I don't..."

Isole was startled, and a little bit frightened, Taiga was apologizing? This situation was even more dire than Isole already thought. She had several emotions run through her. The fact that she apologized already put her ahead of those others that were like her in the past. Isole considered perhaps there was more to Taiga than the bully act.

But she couldn't find a way to voice this, having never expressed such a thing, so she shrugged. "Alright."

"Okay!  Now i've got an idea!  Follow me, suckers!"

With that the girl took off. Isole, without any other direction, decided to go along with her. They ended up, after getting slightly turned around, in front of a pretty inconspicuous building, with an adult Delcatty looking out the window. Upon seeing Taiga he seemed to freeze up, clearly not knowing what this visit would bring. However he didn't move himself to the door, neither to lock nor to open it, and just waited to see what would happen next.

----

Above the city, at the top of the tower, things were moving. Mechanisms turned and groaned and something at the top opened up. It would be near impossible to see from the ground but it was some sort of cage, with several towers jutting from it, with some Gijinka standing in the middle.

Inside, Alarik was looking down upon Silver. "I am sorry. You are determined but...misguided. I must continue." He slammed down upon her head, knocking her unconscious, and then made his way up the stairs.

kMykmrI.png

"You're a good friend too, Ari," Kazo stated, chuckling, as they finally made it to Southshore.

Ari's grin got even wider when he heard that. Wow, this is so great! Kazo thinks I'm a good friend too! He felt like jumping for joy, so he did.

But Kazo didn't want him to go to the place that smelled good. "Let's not. That's not the kind of place for younger people...," He then thought to himself. "It'd probably be better to try to find a store where we can get you new clothes. No offense, but what you're wearing isn't too... practical for traveling."

"Huh? They're not?" Ari liked his clothes, honestly. He had lost his white headscarf and sand-colored cloak he had worn in the desert during the flood, but underneath his clothes, while ripped, were still in working condition. "Is there something wrong with them?" he asked. Still, if Kazo thought so, then he was probably right. "Oooh, then let's find a clothing store! Do you think they have anything in brown? Or orange? Or gold?" Those were his favorite colors, after all. He had never picked his own clothes out before, well, except for the headscarf and cloak. A traveling merchant had basically forced those on him at the port up north, telling him he would need that for the desert.

Ari walked up to the nearest gijinka, a pair of Butterfree and Deerling, both wearing worried expressions. "Excuse me, do you know where--Kah! Oops, sorry!" he ran away from the duo, intent on the Hydreigon in front of him, looking around. He still didn't understand why the others got mad at Kah, and greeted her with absolutely no awkwardness. "There you are! Have you seen? This place has trees! And buildings in trees! Oh, yeah! Kazo! Over here!" he waved the blue dragon over.

--

Mac nodded solemnly. "Yeah. We do." She said. From her words, it didn't seem as if she had understood him. Oh dear. "Hey, I was wondering...why are you-" She cut herself off when she heard the other gijinka. "We just fought him...how.." she murmured.

Suiten perked up at that. To have fought Regirock...they are luckier than most. After all, most Chasers would never meet a legendary, let alone fight one. Judging from her disbelieving expression, though, they probably lost. Legendaries are strong, after all, he thought. You would have to be strong indeed to win against one, let alone a sturdy foe like Regirock. He was curious to know more, but that could wait. First, they needed to regroup.

Suiten had watched Mac warily as he had spoken, unsure if she'd be willing to meet with the others so soon. Thankfully, she had agreed, so, breathing a sigh of relief, the Samurott headed back toward the entrance. In all likelihood, the others would be nearby. Mac was surprisingly silent, but when she spoke up she took him by surprise. "Don't worry." She said. "Like you said, we have to watch over other Gijinka, I'll protect you!"

The Chaser gave a wry smile. "That's...very kind of you, Mac," he said. His smile took on a mischievous tone, and he stopped, bowing to her briefly. "I entrust my safety to you," he straightened with elegant poise, eyes soft. She might have a lot to learn, but she has a good heart. As do the others in that group. A decision started to settle in his heart like a stone. I wonder...well, we'll see.

Continuing to run, the duo made it to the west end of town, where they saw their friends clustered loosely together. "I am glad to see you are well," Suiten nodded to them. "We have much to be concerned about," he said. When they had drawn closer, he continued. "Regirock has been killed." Normally, he would be a bit more careful about his words, especially around children, but one of them had already heard, so there was no use in dragging it out. "We do not know who has done it, but whoever they are, they must be strong."

"Whaaa?! But, but, we were just there! We fought him! And, and--!" Ari seemed to take the news particularly hard. He had spoken with Regirock. The legend had even given him some words of advice, words he had taken to heart since then. But now... Now, he's dead... His posture drooped. He didn't even care that it had been stupid-ten who had broken the news. I was gonna get stronger, and come back and defeat you, he thought. But now...you're dead. So even if I become the strongest Chaser ever, I won't ever get to battle you again. I won't get to show you how much stronger I've gotten.

He had been practicing with Kah, and had started to learn a new move. Headbutt. Energy coursed through him and protected his head from damage whenever he attacked with it. Kah, while she didn't know the move herself, had apparently learned it long ago as a Deino, and had also revealed that she, in fact, was a Hydreigon. Also that Kazo was a Gabite, Mac was a Helioptile, and Suiten was a Samurott. It seemed that every day, Ari was learning more and more about the wide world out there. A far cry from when he had only known of a few species back in Pride Rock.

But. He wanted to meet this gijinka. Or however many it had been. Whoever had killed Regirock, he wanted to beat them. He knew it was impossible. After all, if he couldn't even beat Regirock, how could he hope to beat somebody strong enough to kill him? Still, he wanted to try. Clenching his fists, the young Litleo straightened, fire in his eyes. He wanted, no, he would beat them. Even if it took him years.

He had found his motivation.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

"How about that we have something bigger going on, like two monstrously powerful gijinka duking it out in the middle of the city, the fact we should be paying attention and make sure an attack doesn't fly our way, or you know, the fact two small children are next to you?!"

"Are you with them then?" Easter asked the rock type angrily. "If you are, then I won't hesitate to take you down with them." Still, some of his words had reached the fairy type. He turned to the two younger ones with a hint of guilt. Though, how could he not be angry? How could he not want revenge?

While he liked children in general, their hopeful, smiling faces a reflection of his younger years, there had been one specific child. Whose bright smiles had made everybody feel better, a little lighter, a little happier. And the one who murdered them...was standing. Right. In. Front. Of. Him.

So focused was he on that foe, that he didn't even notice Fawkes perform a Double Team and leave. In the end, it was good that he was so focused, as the Froslass started to speak. "Monstrously powerful. Yes, I suppose they are. And you, you want a reason? This one has the best reason for that. Simply put...you can't." They looked over at Kyurem and Deoxys, and shook their head. The air around them seemed to grow even colder than it already had been. "This one was taught to revere the Legends, to put faith in them. But faith is for the transient people. This one is meant for more than that. Look as this one controls a being feared by the Legends themselves." They gestured with the staff at Kyurem, who seemed to glow with some kind of energy as they roared in a mixture of rage and pain. "This one is meant for Godhood. And if you stand in this one's way....You will face the might of they who was once called Regice's Disciple."

The air turned bitterly cold as ice erupted from around the Froslass, rapidly forming a large barrier around the group. The barrier was nearly transparent, entirely ice, and radiated an intense cold. Froslass seemed to be resonating energy, though their expression was not much different than before. "Now show this one what mortals can do to a God." They said and a Hail began to fall inside of the ice prison.

Easter winced at every hailstone that hit him, looking down at the kids with a mixture of worry and frustration. He stepped forward so he could, at least partially, shield them from anything the Froslass threw at them. "I'll show you," he gritted out. "That there are no such thing...as gods!" with that, he shot the Moonblast that had been charging this whole time.

EOlaaCE.png?1

With not much to stop him, Nine had made his way out of the market district and started making his way towards the arena. While he didn't actually feel like stopping by there and spending an extended amount of time, the same concience that made him want to find Fiona and Alleria in the first place prevented him from leaving while the group was still so divided. As such, he eventually made his way to the building, entering and looking around for some any leads on their location. Or rather, he would have, if something didn't immediately catch his eye that would make searching a moot point anyway. There, at the front desk, apparently talking to the man there about something, the blue dragon girl was, alongside some other person that he didn't know. "A-Alleria?" He voiced out loud. Walking towards the girl he noticed he quickly noticed that something else was wrong about this whole situation, asking, "What are you doing here and where the hell is Fiona?" His voice was one that was filled with confusion and slight sense of urgency to it. The fact that he didn't see her immediately with the dragon girl, and given the sense of danger they both seemed to get from her, Nine could only imagine what that could have meant and, given his already somewhat panicked state of mind, did not have much time to deal with pleasantries.

"Excuse me, do you know where--Kah! Oops, sorry!" Ari had gone to ask someone for directions when he then caught sight of Kah. The innocent child ran to the Hydreigon in front of him, excited and acting like nothing happened before. "There you are! Have you seen? This place has trees! And buildings in trees! Oh, yeah! Kazo! Over here!" Kazo could only groan to himself before walking over, hands in his pockets. He didn't say a word when he came over there... he was too afraid he would set off a Kah tantrum and this was not a good place to set on fire. The awkward silence that would have followed never got a chance to materialize, however, as Suiten and Mac had found them.

"I am glad to see you are well," Suiten nodded to them. "We have much to be concerned about," he said. When they had drawn closer, he continued. "Regirock has been killed. We do not know who has done it, but whoever they are, they must be strong."

"Whaaa?! But, but, we were just there! We fought him! And, and--!" Ari wasn't taking the news too well... then again, neither was Kazo.

"R-Regirock is... dead?" Kazo asked in complete shock, feeling his knees getting weak. "But... we just fought him... we... none of us could even put a dent in him... and...," And he didn't seem like a bad guy... "He didn't... deserve to...," He shook his head. "W-wait, wait, wait!" Kazo couldn't collect his thoughts, his mind was rushing at a million miles per hour. "Wh-what about Dorian? Wh-what about his family? Are they okay?" Dorian was the guardian of the entrance of Regirock's cave after all.

What if to get to the legendary... they killed the family?

Kazo fell to his knees at that thought, tears forming in his eyes. They had to be alright! "H-how did they... find Regirock...? Was it...," He paused. They were obviously being followed. Hell, Edgelord was following them, although Kazo doubted the insect could kill Regirock. "Was it because of... us? Did we lead them to Regirock...? Are we the reason why Regirock's...," Kazo couldn't find the strength to stand. He felt like he was going to vomit.

"Are you with them then?" The angry fairy asked Denku angrily. "If you are, then I won't hesitate to take you down with them." Those words caused Denku to pause. Was this how Bea felt when he did this to her? He shook his head. He hoped she was alright, but for now, he needed to focus on the task in front of him.

"Oh, yes, the one that is asking you to make sure the children are okay is totally with the ones trying to kill us all!" He snapped before muttering, "Moron,"

Denku seemed to miss something while being a smartass, however, as the air turned bitterly cold as ice erupted from around the Froslass, rapidly forming a large barrier around the group. To make matters worse, hail began to fall. "Now show this one what mortals can do to a God."

Denku didn't answer right away, instead opting to take off his cloak and place it on top of the children. "Use this to protect you from the Hail," He stated as he went back to focus on the Froslass. He didn't have too much of a choice here... a fight it was. Denku focused, stones ripping out of the ground as more began to form in the air. "What is a God...," He began to ask as the avalanche of rocks were finally prepared. "to an nonbeliever!?" And with that, he fired off his Rock Slide.

Adarid Team Karaoke

Lok was brought back to the situation at hand when Gwen placed her hand on his shoulder. Nine had decided to head towards the Arena by himself to find the others. Loks attention was brought away from the horror stories he was listening to and back to the merchant. More specifically, the strange lamp that he was trying to sell, which seemed to give some sort of aura. He couldn't quite place his finger on it, but he was definitely wary of it. Lok wanted little to do with the strange lamp, but if it would help them find there friends, then it was worth it. Still, 800 Poke was rather hefty. He turned to the others for guidance, pulling out a pouch out of his pockets. "Maybe we can pool our money together?" He asked rather sheepishly. "If it gets us closer to finding the others..."

Fryst Team Showdown

Scarlet followed Taiga down the streets of the town, not knowing completely where she was headed. However, as soon as they stopped by a house, Scarlet noticed something through the window. A Delcatty stood in the house, staring right back at them; more specifically, it seemed like he was starring at Taiga. "You found the doctor? Nice work!" Scarlet gave Taiga a quick hug out of joy, before rushing to the door. Not wanting to be rude about it, she knocked on the door, waiting for his response. Judging by the way that he looked at Taiga, she assumed that the two had met before. Hopefully they would be able to escape the city and bring the doctor back to his son.

Archived