Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Adarid Library Team Karaoke

ย 

"Don't worry, it's okay, I understand. So many things have happened..."ย Lok turned to Gwen, who was bearing a rather shaky smile. Weakly, he returned the smile. A lot of things had happened in the span of a few days - much more than Lok was used to handling. "...Oh, here. I have a story as well. Well it's not much of a story but..." She reached into her bag and pulled out a pillow.ย "I had forgotten where I got this exactly but, after meeting...er, after the slums, it came to me. I was leaving my home, in Alpha, when I started to realize I was having nightmares...terrible nightmares. Anyway it was during one of these that I was woken up by an unusual pinkish light. A lady appeared before me. She said...something about banishing the darkness in one's heart. I think it was 'Everyone had evil in them. But, thankfully, everyone can also make a choice of letting it grow or making it sleep.' She gave me this pillow, telling me it would help me sleep at night. And ever since then I've only slept while using it. And no nightmares, isn't that something?ย I bet she was some kind of priestess, like that one Chimecho girl we met, remember, Lok?" He nodded towards her. Now that she mentioned it, he did remember the Chimecho girl.ย 

And then Nine went on to share his story about a boy who looked like a girl. Now that he thought about it, him and Gwen had also met up with a Sylveon - maybe there were the same person? He paid close attention to the story, almost forgetting about his sorrows as the story of the fox and the hound unfolded. When it reached his conclusion, Lok applauded before stretching his arms. He hadn't realized how tired he actually was, and he thought that the others might feel the same way. He laid down with his back to the ground, facing the roof of the shack they were in. He started humming the song that the Kirlia had taught him, this time a bit louder than the last.

ย 
ย 

Fryst Team Showdown

"So I managed to get a word in with the lord," Scarlet's head shot up, turning to the direction of the voice. At first she thought that he had also been arrested, but then she realized what he had said and ruled that possibility out.ย "And he maybe willing to let the two of you out after all, Taiga and Scarlet. Unfortunately, he's adamant about detaining Isole for however long he will. She's gonna be stuck in here for quite some time yet.ย On top of that, he'd only let you two out on one condition; we'd have to help him... recover, a certain artifact for him. No prizes for guessing what that might be. Thankfully he said nothing about any form of time-frame as of yet. Though that's most definitely subject to change..." Well, that news was bittersweet. Still, it was probably there best shot of getting out of here. She got up and, turning to Isole, she let out a sigh. She was determined to get Isole out of here, although now would probably not be the time to do it. Before she could respond to him, Fia had spoken up.ย "Sounds interesting!" Scarlet gave her a confused look - it didn't seem like she was allowed to accompany them. "I don't think you...nevermind. Anyways, that's better than nothing."ย She turned to Isole, whom was sleeping at the time. She made a promise to herself to come back for Isole whenever she could.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adarid City / ~

"That is because," Clotilde pointed a finger up, responding to Gwendoline, "in such a dangerous continent as this, how can a maid fulfill her duties if she can't even protect her master?" While maids were indeed traditionally only expected to perform household duties, in Adarid where people traveled and the strong roam around, what was required of a maid naturally changed.

ย 

She then listened to the others. Lok's story in particular gave her some context for understanding how this group of Chasers came to be. "Hm, this Wally character in your story sounds somewhat like me, almost like we're cut from the same cloth, so to speak..." As he kept telling, the story became darker and more disturbing however. After Lok finished, he began humming a song to calm himself down. He's been through a fair amount, Clotilde thought.

ย 

Gwen then told a suspicious story about her pillow. It was a rather short, rather gastly account. There was nothing strange about the pillow's appearance to Clotilde's untrained eye, and the occult was not her area of specialty. Nine on his part, lightened up the mood with a humorous story. It was good tact and he succeeded, as evident by Lok's excited clapping. Afterwards they had enough of the night and went to sleep, with Lok's tune helping them relax.

ย 

The next morning they woke up uneventfully. She was very thankful for that.

ย 

"Shall we try to search for your two companions today?" After changing the still-sleeping Lucario's bandages, she turned around and ask the other three for their opinion. They would be waiting here until they reunite with the other two, perhaps until the Lucario healed enough, so she thought to hasten their reunion if at all possible.

Team Mac, Day 14, Two Days From Southshore

ย 

The boar, still smoldering, fell unconscious from Kazo's attack. It lay there, body burning, smoke coming off of it, in the dirt. Something that not even Mac noticed at the time.

"Mac, why are you doing this?"

"I'm not gonna fight you if that's what you're looking for. These boars were probably just curious, sure. But there's also a powerful freak out there who wants our heads, and I can't risk him making a surprise attack, on me or you. Besides, dragons gotta eat, and my kind are especially voracious."

ย 

Mac was shaking. Why didn't they understand? Even Ari apparently thought it was fine. "So you're just going to attack everything? He could come from anywhere, anytime, are you planning on attacking everything that might be them? What if it were some kids in there? We're not that far from a city. You're just a bully!" Her body crackled as she Charged some energy, glaring at the group with annoyance. She spun on her heels and began walking away. "Fine, be that way, I'll see you in Southshore." Mac took off down the path upon saying this.

-----

"Ank...Mistress, we should attack! With both of us there's no way they can win. Even with that...new guy."

Ankou was laying against a tree, eyes glazed over and staring at the treetops. Nearby Edgelord was shifting back and forth, eager to get going. He had become even more antsy the closer they got to Southshore, seemingly desperate to attack before the group arrived at the city. He had no idea why Ankou was going along with this, seeing as she apparently had more important things to do, but he was glad she had let him continue his pursuit of this group.

However she still wasn't moving. Stepping closer, Edgelord raised his voice. "Mis-"

Ankou blinked and raised her hand, still not looking at Edgelord, before releasing a Thunderbolt that struck Edgelord, sending him into the tree behind him and nearly causing him to blackout. "I'm resting. Don't bring me back to...that world." Ankou said simply and went back to her previous state.

Team Karaoke A, Day 10, Guard Shack

ย 

Gwen was relieved that Nine had come up with a more amusing story, though, it seemed quite odd. Who was this Sylveon who wanted to fight so badly? Gwen met a Sylveon once before, didn't she? If she recalled correctly they seemed relatively kind, though...

Lok's humming finally reached Gwen's attention. She realized what it was, the song that the Kirlia had taught them. She smiled a bit, humming along with him.

The guard perked up upon hearing the sound, looking at the two curiously. He seemed content with not saying much after that, though, and laid back to rest.

ย 

Gwen thought back to Clotilde's words earlier. "in such a dangerous continent as this, how can a maid fulfill her duties if she can't even protect her master?"

But why was that? "I wish this world didn't have to be so dangerous. Maybe there's something..." She sighed. "Perhaps we should rest." She said, finding the most comfortable spot she could and resting her head on her pillow.

Gwen slept soundly through the night.

ย 

"Shall we try to search for your two companions today?"

Gwen had managed to find some rations in the guard station and distributed it among the group, feeling slightly guilty as she did. It seemed the maid was eager to go and, though she was nervous, Gwen had to agree. "We should find them as soon as we can; hopefully they managed to find a place like this."

ย 

As Gwen opened the door it was to find a pair of younger guards. They seemed surprised at seeing her but ignored that fact as soon as they saw the older guard. "Sir, you're alright?" One said, pushing past eagerly, causing Gwen to have to hurry out of the way to avoid being plowed over.

The other looked sheepishly at her, offering an apology which she brushed off as unnecessary.

"Yes, thanks to these fine folk." Duncan gestured towards the group. "What's the status of the city?"

ย 

"Sir, the city is...well, the fighting has stopped and both gangs retreated. We were ordered not to pursue them and there hasn't been trouble since. There has been damage, however, and we need your assistance in directing the clean up."

Duncan nodded. "I will need to see who said not to pursue, this has gone on too long, and with those rebels we've been hearing about..." He stopped, looking at the group again, and coughed. "In any case!" He said, more boisterously. "I think you should have no trouble finding your friends. Stop by the main guard station sometime and I'll treat you to some of my famous fried dough rings!"

ย 

With a wave the man left, flanked by the two other guards, leaving the group to their own devices. "So, where should we start?" Gwen asked. She was curious about what the man had spoken of, rebels? But she didn't want to distract the group if they wanted to move on.

------

Team Karaoke B, Day 10, Storage Shed

ย 

The Fearow squawked as the blade struck them across the shoulder, causing them to drop Fiona and grasp it out of instinct. The other one was hit in the chest and stumbled back towards the wall, tripping over the hole he had made and landing hard on his back.

"Would you be so kind, as to explain what it was that you did to warrant such a trio as them coming after you? Oh, do not worry yourself. I have no reason to kill you. So...perhaps it would be a good idea for you to not change that. It would further be a good idea if we were to find somewhere else. I suspect that you do not want the attention that comes with being inside of a half-exploded building."

ย 

"I don't know why they attacked." Fiona said, snapping a bit at the girl. That was dumb, especially after she saved Fiona. But Fiona had not been able to sleep and she was in a foul mood. "As for the rest...One moment please." She turned towards the Fearow with a feral look in her eyes. True, she felt weaker than before, but she was angry now. She still thought Alleria asleep behind her, and didn't hear her addressing the girl who had arrived.

She stepped towards the Fearow that had grabbed her, stepping on top of the other in the process, and attacked with her Cross Poison, carving two long gashes across his chest and dropping the injured man.

ย 

She turned back towards Whisper, noticed Alleria, and froze. "U-uh, w-wow, golly, I didn't know I had that in me. Heh. Heh." She said awkwardly, reverting to her more innocent voice. "L-let's get out of here, yeah." She said, brushing past the pair and out the opposite end of the hole in the wall.

Team NND, Day 14, One Day From Coldharbour

ย 

. "I didn't realize you...felt that way about me," he giggled. "Kinky to boot. Well, I'd love to stay and play, but you know, places to be, gijinka to destroy. So if you would..." the feelers coiled around the neck in a tight chokehold, "let go, that would be appreciated." He bared a razor-sharp grin.ย "Or I could hit you point-blank with a Moonblast. What will it be, hmm?"

ย 

The Carnivine stared for a moment at Easter, then whimpered, and passed out in his grip. Nearby the Toxicroak stirred, as if sensing in his very soul he was missing something quite exciting, but the entire gang were now laying unconscious before the group.

Dora, having apparently missed the entire thing, started to giggle a bit. "Why's everyone laying around? Come on Fawkes time to get uuuuup!" She said, wobbling over to the girl and, leaning down, nudging the Koffing off of her with her head. "You're silly." She said fondly to the girl. "We need to help Brooke. She's hurt a bit but I think she's gonna be a-okay! There's a city close, right? Let's get goooooiiiiiiing!"

-------

The Octillery girl seemed more than disappointed that she had been forced away from her hero. But she continued to watch him intently as he rocketed off to save yet another person. That silly Frogadier boy who, the Octillery thought, was extremely awkward and stupid. This Pupitar was clearly a true hero, with the way he rescued even that guy.

ย 

Said Frogadier thought he was done for when the Kyurem attacked back, granted, at that point he had sort of expected it. When the stranger appeared, out of nowhere, and knocked him aside though he discovered he, probably, would not die tonight.

The building he was standing on, however, was obliterated completely.

"What were you thinking?! You think that you could even dent something like---?"

There was a bit of self-righteous anger as the Frogadier heard that, but, something in the man's voice stopped him from shouting back. You want to be a hero and save your town?" He turned, pointing to the people that were trapped, and to the ones that were injured. "Saveย them first. Buildings and material things can be rebuilt, but life is a precious thing that can never replaced. Be a true hero, okay?"

ย 

Staring, Frogadier nodded. "Okay Mr. Hero! I'll do that, I'll be the best un-trapper ever, believe it!" upon saying this, the Frogadier got to work pulling people out of wreckage. The Octillery, having overheard Denku's speech, joined in his efforts.

ย 

Deoxys, taking advantage of the slight distraction, shifted to Attack form and charged at Kyurem. His body glowed with some powerful Aura and he raised his hands high, slamming down with Superpower upon Kyurem.

The Dragon was flung into the ground below, causing it to crack with the impact.
Deoxys took a moment to relax, thinking that such a blow would surely be the end, only to notice Kyurem take back into the sky towards her, seemingly only slightly injured. She put her arms up, unable to go into Defense form in time, as Kyurem slammed his fist into Deoxys. The fight was nowhere near done.

ย 

Denku would have his work cut out for him. The fight was lasting much longer than any other fight he'd witnessed before, and neither side seemed to be slowing down, even as night fell. Many of the civilians had been evacuated but the pockets of those unable to move due to injury, and those unwilling to leave, kept him moving along to aid those who had stuck around to help.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst Dungeon

ย 

"So I managed to get a word in with the lord," he began,ย "And he maybe willing to let the two of you outย after all, Taiga and Scarlet. Unfortunately, he's adamant about detaining Isole for however long he will. She's gonna be stuck in here for quite some time yet."

Isole was still awake to hear this and her gloom deepened even farther. No, she wasn't. She knew exactly what was going to happen to her soon enough. There was one punishment for pirating that she could think of, in Fryst. Seemed she was going to be abandoned. Oh well. Maybe she can get a good hit on that Lord before she met her fate...

Cofagrigus watched with interest, from the shadows, as the group reacted to the news. Interestingly that other girl, the nudist, also seemed to perk up. Oh no, no no, he wasn't about to let that one go so easily...

ย 

Suddenly loud and piercing bells began to ring from the outside. The guards, and the Cofagrigus, took note of this. He appeared suddenly then, startling the group, and grabbed two of the four guards. "Come, let us see what is happening." He said to them. The guards, used to his sudden orders, simply nodded and went with him.

Cabrakan would know what that noise meant, though, having lived in Fryst.
Someone was attacking the walls.

ย 

Soon after the Cofagrigus left, there was a rumbling noise under the cell where Scarlet stood. Suddenly an older Gijinka burst out of the ground. One that several of them would recognize. He noticed the bars, shook his head at his mistake, and walked towards them.

The two guards turned suddenly to this man and braced themselves for whatever was to come. What they didn't expect, however, was the man to rip some of the bars off with his bare hands and approach them, taking their attacks without flinching and punching them both in the gut, knocking them out.

He glanced at the group for a moment, and then headed for the way out.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

ย 

Out of seemingly nowhere, Cabrakan had joined the motley crew. ย Taiga scoffed at the Fryst native. ย Probably chumming it up with the king of this frozen wasteland while they were all bored out of their minds in these cells. ย 

ย 

"So I managed to get a word in with the lord, and he maybe willing to let the two of you outย afterย all, Taiga and Scarlet. Unfortunately, he's adamant about detaining Isole for however long he will. She's gonna be stuck in here for quite some time yet. ย On top of that, he'd only let you two out on one condition; we'd have to help him...ย recover, a certain artifact for him. No prizes for guessing what that might be.ย Thankfully he said nothing about any form of time-frame as of yet. Though that's most definitely subject to change...""

ย 

"May?! ย I didn't do diddly squat!" ย Taiga's teeth started to grind. ย "And besides...we ain't leaving here without our refrigerator! ย How else are we gonna keep our food cold?!" ย Taiga would make sure Isole got out of here...even if she had to...well...let's hope it didn't come down to that. ย "After all, she's still got some world to see." ย Taiga hated being sappy, so she kept eye contact with Isole to a minimum as she spoke. ย She'd lose all her street cred if other treasure hunters saw her now. ย ย 

ย 

"Sounds interesting!"

ย 

Taiga looked at the other occupant of the cells to notice that damn annoying brat who made light of slicing her throat. ย 

ย 

"If you get in my way...you're lunch." ย Soon bells could be heard ringing outside. ย The Cofagrigrus from earlier had emerged from the shadows, and dragged a couple of guards to no doubt check on the situation. ย Conveniently after that, a gijinka exploded from the ground beneath Scarlet's cell. ย Without hesitation, he ripped off the bars and knocked out the guards. ย Taiga stood dumbfounded. ย That gijinka looked so familiar. ย Was he the same one who rescued a bunch of gijinka in Northshore so long ago? ย No way...if so it was much too strange that he would show up here of all places. ย She snapped out of it and smirked. ย "Fufufufu...I could've done that easily!" ย She walked up to the bars and stared at them. ย Now that the guards were unconscious, it was the best time to escape. ย Fusing her maw with malice, she tried to take chomps out of the cell bars, but was met with resistance she wasn't used to. ย 

ย 

"Yuck...these things aren't even tasty...but with enough time I should be able to chew us through." ย Taiga started nibbling on the metal bars furiously. ย 

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine was glad to see that his story was well received, and that it had worked in making the raising the spirits of the group overall. With the day's events having come to their end, Nine couldn't help but feel the fatigue finally hit him, his eyes starting to feel heavy and his head starting to bob forward only for him to catch it. Soon enough, though, he couldn't help but eventually close his eyes and fall, drifting off to sleep. With the passing of the night, the day had come, but not without incident. Standing up, stretching himself out, and groggily nodding at the Aggron maid's suggestion going to look for the others. As he had prepared himself, Gwendoline opened the door, only for two other guards to come in, relieved to see their senior guard still alive and well. Nine smiled a bit, glad to see a happy reunion between the people before they had to take off.ย 

ย 

Listening in on the conversation between guards, Nine felt relieved that the commotion had stopped between the gangs, though still felt it a bit foreboding. The two groups were likely trying to cool off now, making it feel more like a calm before another storm hit. His ears then perked up a bit more at the mention of rebels, wondering what kind of a faction they might be in all of this. The king was not the most well liked of individuals, so knowing that there were dissenters was no surprise. But a full fledged rebellion was a bit surprising to hear about. He likely wasn't going to get much out of asking Duncan about it at the moment, and it definitely sounded like another beehive that he'd be sticking himself into. Nevertheless, as the Lucario left, Nine waved back to the man before turning to the rest of the group. ย "I think our best first starting place to find the girls is the library. It's the last place we were all together, so they might have backtracked there as well."ย 

ย 

"If you get in my way...you're lunch."

ย 

"You won't even get full eating someone as small like me, missy."

ย 

It was odd. Fia felt that she was under far less restraint than what she was used to right now. It was a fact that she only properly realized as she snipped against the shark again. Fia, who was used to be a reserved girl that preferred to observe and judge people in silence behind her youthful charm, felt like she was becoming more and more honest when it came to how she interacted with the people around her. Granted, she felt like she was overplaying her cheerful side a bit too much now, but it maybe was just a natural side effect to compensate from her honest, frontal approach to matters now.

ย 

Something interesting happened soon however. Odd bell-like noises came from the outside, and while Fia didn't pay much attention to that, the follow-up of a Steelix suddenly appearing from the ground was a lot more surprising. The Steelix looked like he came there mistakenly, but he soon forced his way through the steel bars and proceeded to knock out the guards. He glanced towards the group one last time, in which Fia stared back at him, wondering what his deal was supposed to be, before leaving the group to their own device. With the hole on their cell, they could actually escape now. Well...maybe except the shark and the Rotom. But first things first.

ย 

Fia came out of the cell from the hole the Steelix made, and after making sure that the guards were really knocked out, she started to undress them before throwing away the potato sack she had been wearing all this time. Ah, the chilling wind felt refreshing after the long time of being stuck with the itchy sack. She enjoyed the moment for a bit before getting herself into the clothes of the guards that she had stripped earlier. Well, wearing someone else's cloth felt gross, but it's not like anyone would sweat in a place like this, and while running around naked wouldn't be that big of a problem, that would kind of take people's attention unnecessarily. After making sure that the clothing fit on her, she felt there's an unknown object on the outfit, but first she noticed the shark was desperately trying to bite off the steel bars.

ย 

"Yuck...these things aren't even tasty...but with enough time I should be able to chew us through."

ย 

"I'd like to wait and watch how long you'll struggle...but we don't have time, right? Stop making yourself look silly and get out of the cell."

ย 

She grabbed the key from her outfit and threw it towards the still-struggling Sharpedo. It did make sense for guards to have keys, although in hindsight it's perhaps for the best that she stole the guard's outfit. She would've glossed over the key if she didn't take the outfit, and if Scarlet's the one that found it...how would she even pick it up with those big meaty claws? How did she stay alive all this time with that kind of appendage anyway? Nevermind that though, they still need a direction, and Fia felt that with how they kind of broke out, trying to fulfill the lord's request might not be wise.

ย 

"So...where are we going now? Are we still in a position to try fulfilling the lord's request anyway? Kind of a bit silly after this, no?"

ย 

ย 

"L-let's get out of here, yeah."

ย 

Seeing Fiona brutalize the still-living Fearow somehow incited a certain feeling inside of Alleria. It was odd for her to do something like that, yet...why didn't she feel surprised? Why did she even feel that she's actually happy that Fiona did that? This moment of temporary silence allowed Alleria to realize that she was still out of her clothing, and still looking quite aroused due to what happened earlier on top of that. Her face reddening as she attempted to cover her indecent parts with her hands from the familiar cloaked figure, she excused herself to properly get herself dressed first.

ย 

"I think...uh...let me remember something for a little bit." While she was rushing for her life earlier and barely was using her cognition to figure out where to hide, Alleria recalled a few buildings that indicated that she was in the eatern market area, since she was sure she didn't travel that far. If she wasn't wrong, that was like, south of the library. She was considering going to the library since that place made her the most comfortable right now, but...that's just stupid. That was the heart of the battle outside of the slums earlier, and if people were still looking for her and Fiona, they would definitely still on the lookout there. Although, perhaps just hiding wouldn't be something wise to do now? Thinking about it, going towards the library would mean they have to travel on foot for a while. They could have gone into another storage house, but wouldn't something like this repeat? She almost lost Fiona due to being caught off guard if not for this mysterious helper after all. Somewhere significantly far...somewhere safe...ah, Alleria felt like she had found an answer.

ย 

"Uh...miss...how should I call you by the way? I am sorry for my attitude but you're right, we need to leave. I believe that any place nearby would be unsafe with how groups like this can easily roam around after the earlier gang war...so, please. We'll talk on our way if you wish to follow me."

ย 

iU8EggM.png

ย 

"Alright, so with us being on the road now and nobody seem to follow us...well, we're supposedly going to the Adarid Arena. With a place like that where strong Gijinka gathers, I doubt the conflict affected the area much. I feel like I know you from somewhere...but that aside..."

ย 

The three had been in the road for a bit, and they'd probably reach the Arena in half an hour if they keep their current pace. Alleria felt a bit awkward to ask what was probably a stranger to follow her that far, but she felt a certain kind of familiarity that might allow her to ask that without being seen as too forceful. Hopefully the mystery person didn't see her as too demanding for this and understood the need and urgency of the situation.

ย 

"Earlier, a gang war erupted in this city due to one of the leader's nephew fell victim to another gang leader's attack. The tension was still on an all-time high, and looking at the composition, those thugs from earlier were from one of those gangs. Both me and my lover here...we were separated from our group, and all of us ended up getting entangled into this mess thanks to several encounters with the leaders of those gangs. It was quite unpleasant. And we kind of flat out rejected one of the leader's offer and kind of being the cause of the demise of the other one's nephew.

ย 

So, how about you? You looked like those fabled members of the Hash- uh...I think I've heard about legends of similarly mysterious, dark-looking followers of a certain order. I couldn't recall...but are you a member of it or something similar?"

ย 

Adarid Library Team Karaoke

ย 

Luckily, nothing else happened that night and the group was able to wake up safely the next day.ย "Shall we try to search for your two companions today?" Lok nodded, getting up while stretching out his arms. Gwen seemed to agree, as she opened the door to get out. However, she was greeted by a pair of younger looking guards, whom seemed to have affiliation with the older guard. Eventually, after the small reunion, the guards left after saying there farewells.ย "I think our best first starting place to find the girls is the library. It's the last place we were all together, so they might have backtracked there as well." Lok nodded in agreement. He recalled the hole that was left on the second floor of the building - if the girls were not there, they could use the hole to get a general direction. Of course, this was assuming that the second floor was still intact, but it was worth a risk.

ย 
ย 

Fryst Team Showdown

ย 

Suddenly, the sounds of bells filled the room as a shadowy figure appeared, taking some guards with it. To add to the confusion, a loud rumbling sound emerged from underneath Scarlet. Instinctively, she jumped back as an armored Gijinka busted out of the ground from where she once stood. She recognized the stranger almost instantly as he shook his head at the bars. He was the one that stopped the soldiers from slaughtering the natives a long time ago. She remember that day like it happened yesterday, and never thought she would see the day she'd get to thank him. And yet, here he was; this time, ripping the bars and helping them escape the cells. "W-Wait!" She exclaimed, following the older man. However, he was gone before she could say anything to him, only leaving the group with a quick glance. She turned to her cellmate, who was rummaging the unconscious guards, then to Taiga who was attempting to chew her way through the bars. She turned to the girl to ask her if the guards outfit has any sort of key. However, Fia was already ahead of her, tossing a key to Taiga's direction. Still, she rushed towards there cell, making sure both of the got out.ย "So...where are we going now? Are we still in a position to try fulfilling the lord's request anyway? Kind of a bit silly after this, no?" She turned to Fia. "Probably" She vaguely stated, before turning to Cabrakan. "Where should we go?" She asked. He knew this place much better than all of them, so it made sense to simply follow his lead.

kMykmrI.png

"I'm not gonna fight you if that's what you're looking for," Kah shrugged, taking a step or two back and seating herself atop one of the dead boars. Patting the side of her new chair, she explained her actions with "These boars were probably just curious, sure. But there's also a powerful freak out there who wants our heads, and I can't risk him making a surprise attack, on me or you. Besides, dragons gotta eat, and my kind are especially voracious." Turning her head upward to the boys in the tree, Kah called out "Isn't that right, Kazo?"

ย 

Ari turned to Kazo, tilting his head. "Huh, does that make me a dragon type too?" he asked. "Cuz I'm always hungry. Actually, Mac should be one too then." He had noticed that Kah ate a lot though, and there was this one time, he saw a large dragon with axe tusks eat a whole roast lamb by himself. That was something else.

ย 

Mac seemed more focused on something else though.ย "So you're just going to attack everything? He could come from anywhere, anytime, are you planning on attacking everything that might be them? What if it were some kids in there? We're not that far from a city. You're just a bully!" Her body crackled as she Charged some energy, glaring at the group with annoyance. She spun on her heels and began walking away. "Fine, be that way, I'll see you in Southshore." Mac took off down the path upon saying this.

ย 

That went well, Suiten thought dryly. He had half a mind to chase after her, no he would. It was about two days to Southshore, after all, and he didn't like the idea of a little kid being by herself during that time. However, it would probably do her and Kah both good to be separate from each other for a while.ย "I'll make sure she doesn't get in any trouble," he told the others, running ahead. He knew he could rely on Kah to keep the rest safe. Catching up to the Helioptile, he didn't say anything, though he braced himself for whatever likely explosive reaction she'd have.

ย 

Ari, on the other hand, stared at Kazo and Kah in confusion, still sitting up in the tree. "Wh-what happened?" he asked.

ย 

tRCh4Z6.png

ย 

8mvNFQT.png

"Oh..." Easter murmured in disappointment. "Seems I was too rough with him." He shrugged. "Oh well."ย Soon after, he glanced over to where Fawkes was, and blanched at seeing the kit underneath the Koffing from earlier. "What are you doing to her, you miserable swine?" he barked, before realizing the gijinka was passed out. "Well, never mind then," he muttered.

ย 

"Why's everyone laying around? Come on Fawkes time to get uuuuup!" Dora said, wobbling over to the girl and, leaning down, nudging the Koffing off of her with her head. "You're silly." She said fondly to the girl. "We need to help Brooke. She's hurt a bit but I think she's gonna be a-okay! There's a city close, right? Let's get goooooiiiiiiing!"

ย 

Easter, rather uncharitably, wondered if Brooke would be more of a hindrance than a help when it came to upcoming fights. From what he had seen so far, he wasn't impressed. Then again, poison wasn't a status to sniff at either. Sighing, the Sylveon kicked the bodies of the fallen gijinka aside contemptuously, before making his way to the Emboar. "I never did get to use Wish on you," he muttered, concentrating, before picking her up. She wasn't the lightest of gijinka, but then again, he wasn't the weakest of Eeveelutions. "Let's get you to Coldharbour." Really though, if things had gone my way, we never would've had to deal with these fools.

ย 

Passing by Fawkes, he paused a moment, freeing an arm to pat her on the head. "That was a good job you did back there, Fawkes," he praised. "We'll make a fighter out of you yet."

"These boars were probably just curious, sure. But there's also a powerful freak out there who wants our heads, and I can't risk him making a surprise attack, on me or you. Besides, dragons gotta eat, and my kind are especially voracious." Oh no, she was appealing to the stomach. Sure Kazo could relate but that didn't mean he thought they should kill everything... Suddenly Kah called out "Isn't that right, Kazo?"

ย 

That took Kazo off guard. He didn't expect her to come to him for confirmation. Before he could answer, Ari added his own question."Huh, does that make me a dragon type too? Cuz I'm always hungry. Actually, Mac should be one too then."

ย 

"D-DON'T DRAG ME INTO THIS FIGHT, I T-TOOK ALL THE PRECAUTIONS TO STAY OUT OF IT!!" Kazo snapped from the tree branch.

ย 

"So you're just going to attack everything? He could come from anywhere, anytime, are you planning on attacking everything that might be them? What if it were some kids in there? We're not that far from a city. You're just a bully!" Her body crackled as she Charged some energy, glaring at the group with annoyance. She spun on her heels and began walking away. "Fine, be that way, I'll see you in Southshore." Mac took off down the path upon saying this.

ย 

Kazo sighed and rolled his eyes. "I-I hate to say this, and I mean, I really hate to say th-this Kah, but yeah, your blatant disregard for other life is kinda alarming. And before you say 'Oh, don't worry, Ari and Mac will be fine because they're kids', you did murder a s-small child for no reason before we were attacked by Edgelord," he then climbed out of the tree, carrying Ari, and making sure to keep a distance from Kah as he edged around her. "So... Y-yeah, that. A-anyways, see ya at Southshore," and with that, he ran off, carrying Ari under his arm.

ย 

ย 

Denku was having one of the strangest nights he ever had. He was being helped by two people to free those that were trapped from the battle between two titans. The two were tireless. Denku saw the sunset, the stars shine through the night, and the sunrise, without rest. Those two were still battling through it all! It was crazy!

ย 

Denku sat in an alleyway, his heart pounded as he leaned against the wall. The fatigue was beginning to get to him, but he remained strong. Still, it was funny. Right about now, he would be having a heart attack, hacking up blood. However... Besides his reasonable exhaustion, he didn't have his usual pains. Did something change...? He wasn't sure, but he would have to take it easy for a bit, just in case.

ย 

After a bit of recovering, he walked out of his alleyway, looking up at the two warring legends. Making sure he wouldn't been hit by a stray attack, he headed to the Frogadier and Octillery.

ย 

"Thank you for your help. I think we've gotten everyone that will accept our help. You two should get to safety. I'll stay behind to do one final sweep of the area,"

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

"D-DON'T DRAG ME INTO THIS FIGHT, I T-TOOK ALL THE PRECAUTIONS TO STAY OUT OF IT!!"

ย 

Fine. I'll handle it myself.

ย 

"So you're just going to attack everything? He could come from anywhere, anytime, are you planning on attacking everything that might be them? What if it were some kids in there? We're not that far from a city. You're just a bully! Fine, be that way, I'll see you in Southshore."

ย 

"I'll make sure she doesn't get in any trouble."

ย 

"I-I hate to say this, and I mean, I really hate to say th-this Kah, but yeah, your blatant disregard for other life is kinda alarming. And before you say 'Oh, don't worry, Ari and Mac will be fine because they're kids', you did murder a s-small child for no reason before we were attacked by Edgelord. So... Y-yeah, that. A-anyways, see ya at Southshore."

ย 

And then there was one. Kah was left alone to her thoughts with the departure of everyone else. Which was just as well; she had to sit down and think about what Mac and Kazo had just said. Most of it didn't really bother her. Being called a bully by Mac did sting a bit, but she didn't mind the accusation that she planned to just attack everything. Kazo calling her blatant disregard for life alarming didn't put her off too much. However, with all of it tied together, there was one thing that infuriated her more than any challenge to her dragon power or violent bug threatening the lives of the small ones.

ย 

That was how nothing Mac or Kazo had said was wrong. Just as Mac had said, Kah planned to just attack everything that could have been Edgelord, without needing to verify if it was actually him. Shoot first, ask questions later. And yes, it could have been some kids. And just like Kazo said, Kah had done a wonderful job at exhibiting a blatant disregard for other life; she'd even roasted a harmless little Caterpie for no real reason other than it spooked her. Maybe that was someone else's Mac or Ari? Somebody else might have been their Kah?

ย 

The whole thought really snapped things into perspective for her. It wasn't even like Kah was mad at the other two any more. What could she be mad for? Being right? No, Kah was mad at herself. Very much so. And when a dragon with a violent nature like Kah's was angered, there was only one thing that could happen next. Glaring at the nearest tree like it had just spit on the graves of her ancestors, Kah burst out with a violent roar, before charging the tree and slamming her fist straight into it. No dragon power behind her attack. Only her muscles and every ounce of her rage went into that strike. And the one after that. And the next one. And every subsequent attack. Overall, she'd hit the tree about twenty times. Her fists were red and aching, as one's hands tend to be after punching a tree several times. With her business here concluded, Kah started toward Southshore, but not before grabbing one of the dead boars to bring along. Dragon's gotta eat, after all. The walk gave her plenty of time to think about how to change her approach on things.

ย 

What would mother do? Try to make friends and just bake cookies instead of actually fighting, no doubt. I'm nothing like her; like hell I could bake! Father? He'd...I think he'd try not to fight too. But he'd definitely do it if he had no choice! What is with them and not fighting? I don't want to be like him either, though. Thinking he's so high and mighty and...you're kidding me. That's been me! Ugh, why is this adventure thing so frustrating!? I just want to find Reshiram and be done with it already! Until then...I need to work on my social skills, I think.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

"Why's everyone laying around? Come on Fawkes time to get uuuuup!" Dora then nudged the Koffing off of Fawkes, allowing the Zorua to get back up to her feet. "You're silly."

ย 

"Thanks for the help," Fawkes said, getting herself back up onto her two feet and making her way quickly over to Brooke. She had to make sure Brooke was okay, after all! She...seemed okay? Considering she'd been poisoned. Why was Fawkes trying to diagnose her anyway? She wasn't a doctor or anything like that. Easter then hoisted her up, declaring that the group had to get to Coldharbour. A sentiment Fawkes agreed wholeheartedly with.

ย 

And then, Easter stopped for a moment, giving Fawkes a pat on the head. "That was a good job you did back there, Fawkes. We'll make a fighter out of you yet." That was the first time somebody had patted her head like that! Fawkes had to make sure not to disappoint in the future. With a firm nod, Fawkes followed behind Easter, bound for Coldharbour.

ย 

"I'll do my best!"

yCrzb88.png
Remnants of Team Sexual Tension
Southshore

"Ello lass, didn't think ya would be up no I didn't," a jolly old Politoed had greeted, just as Beatrice opened the door,ย "Set myself to finish this gumbo for when you woke, but now you woke, and it ain't finished, embarrassing. Sit yourself down if you feel so inclined, be a bit yet."
ย 
So she wound up in an older man's home. That was good to know... to anย extent. Beatrice had no idea what she was doing here nor why the man was so welcoming but, supposing she shouldn't put much thought into it, pulled one of the chairs far enough out so wouldn't have to awkwardly try to squeeze herself between said chair and the table and took a seat. A certain something was eating away at Beatrice's mind, however.
ย 
"Where...?" she began to ask, but paused; a few seconds in, she just thought of a better question to ask the Politoed,ย "Why am I...ย here, exactly?"
ย 
Once that question was answered... to the best of the older man's ability anyway, Beatrice turned her attention to the pot of food that was cooking on the stove. She had no idea what this "gumbo" was supposed to be, but would be thankful that seafood was the main ingredient for this specific one, and not...ย vegetables. That was the one thing she didn't like. Then again, Beatrice wasn't expecting any kind of hospitality to begin with, so evenย she realize how little point there was in being picky. In any case, Beatrice needed to know which town she was in. She could work out how to get to Ogren from wherever she was at a later date.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

"May?! I didn't do diddly squat! And besides...we ain't leaving here without our refrigerator! How else are we gonna keep our food cold?!"
ย 
"Anย actual refrigerator would be a worthwhile investment," Cabrakan remarked sarcastically, not even caring whether the query Taiga had exclaimed was a rhetorical one or not. He watched the hallway ahead, and waiting for something to happen... until all of a sudden, the sound of distorting bars caught his attention.
ย 
The bars had been pulled apart through brute force, from someone he recognized briefly. If memory served him while, the Steelix Gijinka he was looking at right now, was the same one that had fought off terrorists from Skuldafn, who were trying to overrun the city that he called his new home. However, evenย considering the fact that years had passed since that fateful day, how would he have gotten from Mioter to Fryst? And whyย here of all places?
ย 
The Steelix had acted too quickly for Cabrakan to get a word in, already charging out through the hole he'd made and knocking out the two guards in his bid to get out of this accursed dungeon. This in turn would enable Scarlet and the girl who'd shared the cell with her to escape, with the latter changing into the guard's clothes right out in the open. She probably should've ensured she hadย someย safety from prying eyes, but lack of dignity aside it was a good idea. Watching Taiga try to chew her way out, the girl had tossed the key in her direction, although it'd probably be even faster if she were to actually unlock itย for her and Isole.

"So...where are we going now?" the stranger asked, "Are we still in a position to try fulfilling the lord's request anyway? Kind of a bit silly after this, no?"

"Probably," Scarlet vaguely stated, before turning to Cabrakan, "Where should we go?"
ย 
Cabrakan, however, was busy forming a globule-like substance, continuing to form it with his mind until it took on a familiar shape.
ย 
"You'll probably want to go down the hallway up ahead until you reach the stairwell... but only once I give the word," he instructed,ย "If we try and go together, we'll risk being comprised and not managing to get out of here at all. It's safer if I initially go alone and establish a form of lookout. Speaking of which, hold this for me."
ย 
As it was fully formed and separated from his hand, Cabrakan tossed it over his shoulder for either Scarlet or the stranger to catch.
ย 
"It maybe worth hiding, but whatever you do, don't damage it," he advised,ย "I wanna try something with this, and if it works, Iย should be able to inform you of any guards that either pass me by while I'm down here or try to stop me from moving forward."
ย 
With that, Cabrakan went off ahead, confident that he wouldn't arouse an iota of suspicion should he stick to walking pace. After all, the guards had no reason to assume that Cabrakan had anything to do with Scarlet's cell being broken out of, nor did they have reason to suspect any intention of getting them out to begin with...

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst Dungeon

ย 

"And besides...we ain't leaving here without our refrigerator! ย How else are we gonna keep our food cold?!"

Isole sighed.ย  "After all, she's still got some world to see."

What was going through this girl's mind? Isole couldn't work it out at all. She seemed like the typical bully but then she says something like that? People were so troublesome...not that it mattered, they wouldn't...

ย 

....Isole looked up as she heard the sounds of someone breaking through the ground. That man. He looked familiar. Wasn't he the one that....yes, it was. Why would he be here? Was he some sort of guardian angel? This would be the second time he saved her...though it looks like he had something else in mind.

ย 

She watched as Taiga tried to eat the bars. "That seems.....impractical." Isole spoke up finally, stepping towards the door. She was going to suggest the others grab the key, but, she was distracted by the naked girl. That was...unexpected. Why would she change in front of everyone? People were strange, Isole decided.

ย 

Isole caught the key that this girl threw towards Taiga, worried the girl, distracted by the clearly delicious metal bars, might miss catching them. She unlocked the door and stepped out. "Thanks." She muttered towards Fia.

The group worked out where to go and, it seemed, Carbrakan had some sort of plan. Fine, worked for her. She didn't know where to go anyway. Her main hope was that whatever was going on outside would distract the guards enough to let them slip out somehow.

ย 

Cabrakan left on his own. The ladder that led up to the hallway above, and out of the dungeon, was somewhat slippery and cold to the touch but it was easy to climb as long one was careful. He'd notice that the trapdoor that usually separated the dungeon and the hallway was busted open. The stairs above had another guard, unconscious, but nothing else of note. Cabrakan would find that he could easily make his way up the stairs and into the main room beyond.

ย 

Where he would find a couple more unconscious guards, one laying in the middle of the open doorway to the outside, and he would find the Steelix Giinka, locked in battle with Silver, the Aggron Guard Captain, near the stairway on the other side of the room.

ย 

Downstairs, in the dungeon, Isole looked at the others. "What are we waiting for, again?"

Team Karaoke A, Day 11, Adarid City

ย 

"I think our best first starting place to find the girls is the library. It's the last place we were all together, so they might have backtracked there as well."

Gwen was not a fan of that idea. "I don't really want to go back there but...I suppose if you all think it's for the best." She seemed to be a bit downtrodden. These past few days have taken a toll on her, in many different ways, and she was beginning to regret going on this trip. She wasn't smiling as she normally would be, not even towards Lok, as they made their way to the library.

ย 

They'd be able to see guards patrolling the street as they went through, and even some of the Emperor's own soldiers assisting them in the clean up job. There was no sign of any potential gang members and, in fact, most of the citizens seem to not be roaming the streets, even in this massive city.

Eventually, before they could even reach the library, they were stopped by a Lucario guard and a soldier, a middle-aged, gruff looking, Hariyama. The guard seemed a bit nervous standing beside the soldier, and noticeably stepped aside when the soldier went to question the group. "What are you doing here? There had been an incident here last night, related to the violence no doubt, and it would be best for civilians to avoid this place. If there's something you need, come back again later."

The guard, seemingly getting a bit of courage, mentioned. "Do you need help?" To which the soldier responded with an annoyed look.

----

Karaoke B, Day 10, Adarid Arena

ย 

Fiona seemed to take interest at Alleria's accusation. She thought this girl that saved them was one of them? That would be...more than interesting. She knew that the group had been all but wiped out by that creepy blind Lucario, so she couldn't help but be curious as to this new face.

ย 

Whatever Whisper's response to Fiona and Alleria, the group would find that it was fairly easy to reach the Arena safely. Once there it was clear why. A large number of guards were patrolling the area around the Arena, and had apparently set it up as a sort of safe house. Once they got within sight of the large, circular, building, a guard would call out to them and bring them into the boundaries of the guard camp.

ย 

Apparently the Arena itself was packed with people and, this late into things, the group would only be able to set up outside of it, near the walls. There were families, single Gijinka, and some pets even, all over the grounds. None of them would be able to move much without bumping into someone.

Which Fiona was just fine with. it meant that Alleria wouldn't be able to do anything to her here. And so Fiona flopped onto the ground, laying down on her back and looking up at the stars.

ย 

She noticed that some of the Arena fighters were walking among the people, handing out food and water, and it amused her to think that these respected warriors would be doing a servant's job. But it was clear the girl was not too focused anymore and, within moments, was fast asleep again.

Team Mac, Day 15, One Day From Southshore

ย 

Mac didn't respond as she noticed Suiten following her. She shouldn't be surprised someone did but she honestly hadn't expected him of all of them. She was starting to wonder if she may have picked the wrong frien...lackey's to have this journey with.

She kept going for a while until she started growing uncomfortable with the silent follower. "Look if you're going to stalk me at least say something." She snapped. "Sheesh...Why didn't you do anything? I know what you're like, or, what you're supposed to be like, from the stories I heard. That certainly didn't seem very just to me." She glared at Suiten. She almost felt...disappointed in him.

ย 

Nevertheless, whatever the response, the group, fractures as it was, would continue on in this vein for the next day. They were, even Kah who was in the back of their weird formation, which had each group about fifteen minutes away from each other, enough that they couldn't see the other factions of their groups, only one more day of travel from reaching Southshore. And Mac, for her part, was getting excited again. "I bet I'll find something amazing there, hey, what do you think? Maybe I'll meet a fated rival or something!"

ย 

Kazo and Ari would find that their path was rather free of obstruction, allowing the two to talk without fear of attack, for the time being.

ย 

Kah, though, would be stopped in the middle of the road by a beautiful, somewhat eerie, Gardevoir. She had a strange feeling about her. Calm, relaxed, but also powerful. "Hello." She spoke after Kah stopped. "You seem to be powerful. I admire power. You know, many things can be done with power, though, not everything." She looked off to the distance, a hint of dissatisfaction marring her beautiful face for a moment. "Why, after getting so strong, do I still have to fight? Why can I not just live in my own peace?" She laughed and gave Kah a sleepy smile, the woman seemed to have only recently woken up. "That's nothing to do with you, though, unless you will it so. Sorry for interrupting you like this but I had to ask...What is power to you? What do you want to do with it? And...what would you do to get more?"

------

The Politoed looked pleased that Bea sat down and continued to make the food with renewed vigor.

ย "Why am I...ย here, exactly?"

"Well why are any of us here, missy?" The Politoed chuckled. "Sorry sorry old age makes you think of things all philosophical like sometimes. Dunno, that's up to you, ain't it? I reckon maybe you're here for Wild Boar's, well that's South Inn to you outside folk, famous grub? Ya know, I fish up the food they use myself." He puffed his chest out proudly before laughing again. "Though not the cook, my stuffs not as good as theirs, I'm afraid, but hey, it's free! My wife...Well that is I'm not the greatest cook but I learnt to get by don't you worry. I'm sure you'll like it, looks like you could use the food, dunno what you did before this but I can tell when a lady's hungry."

Team NND, Day 15, Coldharbour

ย 

"Thank you for your help. I think we've gotten everyone that will accept our help. You two should get to safety. I'll stay behind to do one final sweep of the area,"

ย 

"B-but, I want...to stay with you." The Octillery said, though it was clear she was exhausted and falling asleep as she stood. The Frogadier seemed to be concerned as well but, looking at the girl beside him, realized he still had work to do.

"Hey." He said. "We should make sure everyone left safely. It would be bad if someone got hurt on the way out." In her sleepy state the Octillery seemed to accept this and left.

ย 

As Denku made a sweep around the city, having to avoid the stray attack, he would catch a glimpse of someone outside the city limits. Someone who, unlike the rest, was just standing calmly and watching the fight going on with something in their hand, something that seemed to have a slight glow about it.

As he looked at them, though, he was struck from the side by a Dragon Pulse. As the attack hadn't been aimed at him, and only glanced off, it didn't do as much damage as it could but it still blew him back and hurt greatly.

ย 

Meanwhile the group of Easter, Fawkes, Brooke (being helped along), and Dora would get within sight of the city. And they would see the destruction, as well as the powerful Gijinka battling above it. If they were to look they'd see a couple young Gijinka fleeing, while others still were inside the city. And they would notice a Pupitar get struck by an attack.

"Oh no!" Dora said. "Easter, Fawkes, look, weird alien friend is in trouble" She was staring up at Deoxys with concern on her face. Without waiting for the others she started to make her way towards the city.

ย 

Brooke finally stirred, eyes fluttering open, and would soon wake to this rather dangerous scene.

Kazo had set down Ari after they put some distance between them and Kah, walking slowly so the cub could keep up. Kazo sighed as he walked, looking to Ari before thinking. This was a bad idea. He knew this was a bad idea... But he had to try. The dragon slowly took off his sunglasses and began to wipe them before beginning to speak.

ย 

"Hey Ari...," he asked softly, pondering on how to word this question. "We're pretty far from the others... You think we should try to ditch them?" Knowing Ari, he probably wouldn't think this was a good idea, but maybe after explaining, he would understand a little better. "Kah's... Well... Kah is everything I see wrong in dragons... Caring only about power and what you are instead of compassion and who you are. I will complement her and admit it does feel like she's changing slightly... But... What if she hurts ya?" he shuddered, thinking about the poor kid she had murdered back in the woods. What if that had been Ari? Kazo couldn't explain it, but... He felt a connection to Ari... He was someone he wanted to protect.

ย 

"As for Mac... Well...," he clicked his tongue. "She's a good kid, but her stubbornness will likely get all of us killed some day... And it's not like talking to her does any good," he sighed. "In the end though, I'm not your parent. I can't force ya to do anything, but I can stick around and make sure you live through this journey," he finished up his little speech and waited for a response.

ย 

This was a bad idea.

ย 

ย 

Denku ran through the rubble. It seemed that everyone that wanted help received it. He was done trying to move the stubborn people. The mere act was bringing back flashbacks of Fia and Bea. He sighed to himself... How were they doing? Why was he worried about them?

ย 

Besides the fact their attitudes would more than likely get them eaten alive.

ย 

As he scouted the area, he noticed something odd. Someone was outside the city, watching the fight. They were watching the fight, but not with the awe and fear other people had. No, they were as calm as an undisturbed lake, and holding something shiny in his hand. That was... Suspicious, to say the least. He was blasted out his thoughts however as a Dragon Pulse grazed his side. With a cry of pain, he was thrown through the air, hitting the ground and bounced like a stone skipping on a lake.

ย 

His side cried out in pain as he tried to force himself up. He kept telling himself he felt worse pain before. He had teetered on the brink of death multiple times. This one attack wouldn't do him in.

ย 

"Walk it off, Denku," he muttered to himself, slowly forcing himself to walk towards the strange person. He needed to know what they were about.

kMykmrI.png

Ari didn't really understand what the problem was. Boars tasted good, Kah roasted them, Mac didn't like that? Was she one of those vegetarians? Then something about how they could be children, and even Kazo didn't agree with her actions. Was he the only one that didn't see a thing wrong with them? Was it wrong of him to think that way? Kazo obviously felt there was something wrong there...

ย 

The cub barely noticed he was being carried by Kazo, and that he was set down later on. His mind was spinning in circles as he walked. Killing food...was bad? Or was it the way Kah did it? Mac didn't like it because, uhh, she didn't?ย "Oh I give up!" he groaned, crossing his arms. "I'll never be able to understand Mac!" But apparently Kazo did. Well, Kazo was a super duper Chaser, after all, so of course he'd understand difficult stuff like that.

ย 

"Hey Ari...," the dragon asked softly after a bit. "We're pretty far from the others... You think we should try to ditch them?" Ari perked up at that. "Kah's... Well... Kah is everything I see wrong in dragons... Caring only about power and what you are instead of compassion and who you are. I will compliment her and admit it does feel like she's changing slightly... But... What if she hurts ya?" he shuddered.

ย 

Ari tilted his head to the side. "Well, if she hurts me, then I just have to heal up and get better!" he said. "Maybe I'll get stronger from that too!"

ย 

"As for Mac... Well...," he clicked his tongue. "She's a good kid, but her stubbornness will likely get all of us killed some day... And it's not like talking to her does any good," he sighed. "In the end though, I'm not your parent. I can't force ya to do anything, but I can stick around and make sure you live through this journey," he finished talking, waiting for a response.

ย 

The Litleo thought about this. "Yeah, you're right. Mac's way too uhh buffalo-headed," he said. "She's a liar, doesn't admit when she's hungry, blames me for things, attacks people willy-nilly, and tends to run off and do her own thing." He paused. "But she's also brave, sometimes nice, and there for you when you need her. Ehhh," he let out a puff of air. "It's been dangerous traveling with Mac and Kah, but isn't that what a Chaser's life is for? Experiencing adventure, danger, thrills, excitement!" he turned starry-eyed, before looking at Kazo with those same eyes. "And of course, you're the best Chaser there is! Right now, anyway," he added, thinking about what a certain legendary had told him.

ย 

"So," he said. "I'll go wherever you go, Kazo! And if you think it's best for us to split up from the others, then that's what we'll do! It might end up being more fun that way. More exciting!" he bounced.

ย 

--

ย 

Suiten had decided not to confront Mac. He didn't want her ire to turn on him, but it looked like, regardless, he would gain it. "Look if you're going to stalk me at least say something." She snapped. "Sheesh...Why didn't you do anything? I know what you're like, or, what you're supposed to be like, from the stories I heard. That certainly didn't seem very just to me." She glared at Suiten.

ย 

The Samurott narrowed his eyes. A lot of things he could stand. A lot of insults. But an insult to his honor, well, that was something else. Were she not a dame nor a child, were she a man and he a younger one, one with a temper as quick to flare as a dragon's appetite, he would have demanded a fight then and there. Instead, he breathed in to prevent himself from snapping at her. "Not all stories are as they're told, though I have to say, you are very quick to come to conclusions." And with that he walked separate from her in stony silence, close enough to come to her aid if need be, but far enough he could regain some sort of personal equilibrium.

ย 

It wasn't as if I did nothing,ย he thought. He had tried to put out the fire. Perhaps he would have done more if Ari hadn't gotten in the way, but he wouldn't risk harming a child just to save some boars a bit of pain. Would Mac have been satisfied if he had sent out a water attack, regardless of the fire type's presence? If so, he had misjudged her. As for stopping Kah, he had seen no reason to, assuming the dragon was just hunting for a meal, much like she had with the owls. The snorting had given them away as boars from the beginning, especially given the area.

ย 

Well, it wasn't as if he needed to answer to a Helioptile who it seemed knew little of honor, though it stung regardless to have his questioned.

ย 

A day from Southshore, Mac started to get excited again. "I bet I'll find something amazing there, hey, what do you think? Maybe I'll meet a fated rival or something!"

ย 

"Maybe so," Suiten cracked a smile, though it quickly disappeared. There, he had a choice. He didn't have to travel with this group. Especially after reaching Southshore, he could go his separate ways, could find a different group to travel with, could even set out on his own. But which would he choose? I suppose I'll figure it out by the time we arrive. If not, then I'll go where my heart tells me to, he thought.

ย 

tRCh4Z6.png

ย 

8mvNFQT.png

As the group arrived in Coldharbour, Easter helping Brooke along, they noticed something fairly obvious. It was under attack.

ย 

"...I think I'm jinxed..." Easter muttered. "Did I offend a legend in Juyu, that every city I go to after that ends up besieged?"

ย 

Dora paid no heed to his anguished natterings.ย "Oh no!" Dora said. "Easter, Fawkes, look, weird alien friend is in trouble!" she was staring up at Deoxys while she spoke, soon after making her way to the city.

ย 

"Oh, no," Easter walked forward and barred Dora's path. "I think you'd make weird alien friend even more concerned if you went in there too. Let's get you guys somewhere safe first." He really, really wanted to get into the thick of things over there, especially if the other gijinka was who he thought it was, but he also had an obligation to the kids. "Follow me. Let's see..." he looked around for a spot of calm in all this chaos. There...really wasn't any place, aside from a couple broken buildings. Which...no. Just no. Not after the last time he saw one.

ย 

As Easter explored the ruins of the sushi shop he found in it supplies, food, some kitchen utensils, and other such things. As he shifted through the rubble he heard a groan and, investigating, found out that Sam was there, trapped under likely hundreds of pounds of debris. Try as he might he wasn't able to budge the rubble enough to get Sam out. "Is...okay, is okay...Go, go far from here. Another storm, a worse storm, coming...I feel it, in bones, yes...Those not broken, ha ha-urgh..." Sam said. He struggled to look Easter in the eye. "The children, children important, children make world better...place. You know this, I feel that, too..." He flinched as the weight of the debris shifted, pushing more force upon his body.

ย 

Easter stayed with the Bisharp, sending a Moonblast into the air as a signal flare. It soon drew the attention of some of the Deku natives, but it wasn't soon enough. The Sylveon got to watch as the Bisharp took his last, rattling breath. And then he exhaled, the rubble shifted to fill up the space, and then there was no more room to breathe. He watched as the man started to choke, mouth gaping for air that wouldn't come. He watched as they wrapped the man's body in a sheet, as they lowered him into a pit, as he was buried once more, for good this time.

ย 

"Let's...not go there," he muttered, turning away from the building he had stopped in front of. He turned to a nearby gijinka, what looked to be a young Frogadier. "Is there somewhere close by safe enough to wait this fight out?" he asked. Not that he'd be waiting the fight out, but he sure as sugar wasn't letting either of the kids near this mess if he could help it. He was also concerned about Brooke. In her condition, fighting wasn't really the safest choice. So he needed to get this straightened out first before he could do what he really wanted to do. Which was fight.

"Well, if she hurts me, then I just have to heal up and get better!" he said. "Maybe I'll get stronger from that too!" Kazo rubbed his neck as he thought over this. Ari was way too innocent for his own good. He would have to do everything in his pathetic power to protect this sunshine child, because he would hate for Ari to lose that sunshine.

ย 

"Yeah, you're right. Mac's way too uhh buffalo-headed," Ari continued, to which Kazo chuckled in response. "She's a liar, doesn't admit when she's hungry, blames me for things, attacks people willy-nilly, and tends to run off and do her own thing." He paused as Kazo nodded. Yup, that was Mac in a nutshell. "But she's also brave, sometimes nice, and there for you when you need her. Ehhh," Kazo had to admit however, that was also Mac in a nutshell. "It's been dangerous traveling with Mac and Kah, but isn't that what a Chaser's life is for? Experiencing adventure, danger, thrills, excitement!" he turned starry-eyed, before looking at Kazo with those same eyes. "And of course, you're the best Chaser there is! Right now, anyway,"

ย 

Kazo was taken back by what Ari said. He knew Ari liked him for some reason, but... Being the best Chaser? Where did he get that idea? He scratched his cheek as he chuckled. "I dunno why you think I'm the best, but alright... Here's the plan. We'll stick around for now... But if Kah or Mac ever...," he then paused, wondering how to word this next part. "Create a real risk of you being turned into grass, we'll leave. You're way too young for that," he slipped back on his sunglasses. The mention of turning into grass made him think of how he first met Ari... Which reminded him of what happened in Oasis. He grabbed the chain on his neck and pulled it out from under his shirt, looking at the small drill attached to it... that and... The badge from the Mr. Mime.

ย 

"I wonder if his family ever found out...," he muttered as he stared at it. This was getting depressing... He needed to change the subject. Hey, maybe now was a good time to learn more about Ari. "So Ari, where are you from?"

Adarid City / ~
"We are," Clotilde stepped forward to confront the soldier, unwilling to let his presence intimidate the group, "searching for a couple of acquaintances we've lost contact with yesterday."

ย 

"We may be civilians but we are more than sufficiently capable. Do let us aside." She could not quite tell what sort of person the Hariyama soldier in front of her is, but ideally standing her ground would be enough for him to let them pass. The more quickly they search, the better their chances of finding the Altaria and that other girl were, so they couldn't afford to be held up by some soldiers now. The Lucario aside him was timid and seemed to lack backbone, so it was just the soldier they needed to pass through. "Naturally we mean to cause no trouble and will peacefully leave after exploring the library ahead where we last saw each other."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

ย 

Taiga had been gnawing on the bars for some time now, but had made no progress for some reason. ย It was strange...before this moment she had remembered eating tons of metallic things with ease before...had her teeth grown weaker? ย She'd have to sharpen them after this whole ordeal was over. ย Moments later, she noticed that everyone was now outside of their cells, with Taiga's and Isole's cell door being wide open. ย She stopped chewing the bars and nonchalantly walked out. ย 

ย 

"What are we waiting for, again?" ย Isole said.

ย 

"Heck if I know...that living light bulb hasn't told us jack squat yet!" ย Taiga scoffed as she put a hand on the ladder that led to the outside of the dungeon. ย As she tried to quickly ascend, she almost slipped, but caught herself. ย She then took her time climbing up. ย As she made her way topside, she walked past all of the unconscious guards, no doubt the leftovers of that big guy they saw earlier. ย As a matter of fact, the first two conscious ones that she saw were him and the guard that arrested them in the first place. ย Taiga shrugged and smirked. ย 

ย 

"That's what you get for arresting the mighty Taiga! ย Fufufufu!" ย She started to walk past the fighting pair, not really giving a two cents about the scuffle. ย They were trying to escape anyways. ย 

Jjj76h5.png

Whisper silently watched as Fiona took out her frustrations on one of the Fearow. It was good to see that there were others who had no fear of killing. Another potential prospect for the Order, but that was something to handle later. When the naked Altaria greeted her, she only nodded in her direction in acknowledgement to the greeting. If she had the time to change out of her robes prior to all of this, she might have offered her name. Though it was not proper to do so garbed as she was, when her actions ought to be attributed to the order and the order alone. When Fiona agreed that they should be leaving, she followed along. Well, until the Altaria, now clothed, offered to lead them to a place that she felt would be safer than where they were.

ย 

She remained quiet along the way as well, listening to the explanation of how things had happened here and how the pair of "lovers," she looked to Fiona with a raised eyebrow at Alleria's assertion that they were an item, had ended up in that storage shed. So the gangs had up and gone to war, and the group these two had been a part of was somehow involved in it all. That was far more promising than whisper had suspected. It was likely the Emperor would have work for a member of the Order now, and it would do her well to have a chance to assure him that they were not in fact gone. Yes, this was indeed a promising place. Perhaps not so much as if she had been able to secure the Order's establishment within Pride Rock, but promising all the same. Of course she would have to see to their shrine beneath the city as soon as she could. For now, though, she had a bit of answering to do.

ย 

"It sounds to me like the two of you have had quite the interesting time here in the city. Especially if you are going to assert that a stranger is a member of an order devoted to the Lord of Murder. That does not seem to be the wisest accusation, at least to me." However sweet her words were, they still contained a threat which she sincerely hoped came across properly. At the very least she hoped that the Altaria would get the point and not bring up the subject again.

ย 

Unfortunately, she soon enough found herself dragged into the Arena along with the other two. Worse still, the place had been turned into some sort of enormous refugee camp for the people displaced by the violence. This was an annoying setback, made worse still that they were crowded in on all sides. At least they could find themselves a wall to set up next to, and against which she could set her back. This really was a place that was far from ideal for her to be at the moment. Still... she could relate to these people. Uprooted from their homes by something which they had no control over and lacked the strength to oppose. Unwilling to sleep in such a crowded place, and equally unwilling to do nothing, she opened her pack and removed the ill-gotten guitar with which she had performed in Juyu. She spent a moment or two tuning it, and once she was content with how it was set she began strumming on it. Without being entirely sure why, she found herself strumming out the tunes of the song that Kirlia, who must have been Meloetta if Xerneas was to be trusted, had taught her in the aftermath of the fight with the Camerupt.

EOlaaCE.png?1

While Gwendoline seemed to have some reservations to their idea, the group had mostly come to the conclusion that the library was the good first place for them to go searching for their friends. Unsurprisingly, there seemed to be quite the commotion around the area. The aftermath of yesterdays events had left quite a mess of the place, and it only made sense that the guards there were trying to figure out what had happened. As the group approached, the guards took note of them, with two of them rushing over to attempt to stop them in their own investigations. While the guard asked if the group needed any assistance with anything, Clotilde was very forward about having them search the area.
ย 
Trying to appear more amiable to the guard, Nine interceded saying,"what she means to say is that we're looking for a few friends of ours. We had come to Adarid earlier and checked this place out, and decided we were going to meet back up here later, which is why we'd like to check the area out."
ย 
"Lost your friends, gosh, that's unfortunate..." The guard said, only to be interrupted by the soldier.
ย 
"Lots of lost people today. There anyone in that library after we set up this perimeter gonna be arrested. Check the jail later if you think they're here, ha!"
ย 
"Is that so? That's a bit unfortunate for them then." Putting his hand to his chin thinking more on what had been said, Nine looked back asking,"and I guess you already have the full perimeter around here blocked off, right?"
ย 
The soldier grunts and narrows his eyes at Nine. "What's with the questions...hey, you look sorta familiar like." He then leaned forward.
ย 
As if to not show himself a threat, Nine put up his hands as he just let out a bit of a friendly chuckle."I get told that a lot." Putting his hands back down, he then said, "I was just trying to figure out how much of the area was blocked off so my friends and I don't get in further trouble with other guards here, and so that I know where my friends won't be. Nothing more."
ย 
The guard huffs and shrugs. "Just stay away from the library and I won't bring you in....As long as you stop bothering me, that is."
ย 
"Alright. I appreciate your help." Looking back to the rest of the crew he said, "alright gang, looks like we've got to look elsewhere so let's be on our way." As he turned to walk away from the guards he then looked back to the duo giving a friendly wave saying, "have a nice day."
ย 
"Yeah...seeya." The guard says, while the soldier watches silently with his arms crossed.
ย 
With that the group had, presumably walked away from the scene, to which Nine let out a sigh of relief."Well, glad that didn't continue any longer." Looking back to the rest of the group, Nine then said, "well at least we know they aren't here, which is good, lowers down on our searching." Trying to remember the layout of the city, he thought to what the the areas closest to the grand library were. After a bit of deliberation he then said, "now then, the the places nearest to here are the Market area, the Arena and," with a slight chuckle he finished,"the Emperor's Mansion. Obviously they're not going to be there, in fact I wouldn't imagine anything but more of what happened there waiting for us. So, that means they're either somewhere around the arena or somewhere around the market. I can't figure out what would be the best place to check first though, so," he looked back to the other three asking, "where would you all like to go?"

ย 

"That shark..."

ย 

Fia exasperatedly watched as Taiga had left the group on her own despite what Cabrakan had said. With the...something that the Chandelure gave in Scarlet's hand, Fia was trying to figure out about what she should do now. Of course, the refrigerator was also not really content with just staying there, so sooner or later they'd just ignore any semblance of plans anyway.

ย 

"Oh well, I'll also go ahead now. Not going to fool anyone even when wearing this, so uh, you two take care if you want to follow me."

ย 

Having said her goodbye, she lifted herself up with her string and decided that the best way to go around the place was through the ceiling. She went on and on, passing through several unconscious guards, until she noticed a Steelix fighting against an Aggron, their savior facing against the head guard of the place. It would be nice if Fia was in any position to help, but for the time being, she was content on just watching as she tried to figure out where should she go next.

ย 

ย 

"It sounds to me like the two of you have had quite the interesting time here in the city. Especially if you are going to assert that a stranger is a member of an order devoted to the Lord of Murder. That does not seem to be the wisest accusation, at least to me."

ย 

"Gah, we have enough issue with murders already...uh, I take you're talking about crows, right? I mean, flock of crows? Honchcrow, dastardly lord of Murders?"

ย 

Her attempt of joke failed it seemed, and they continued their way until they reached the Arena. It seemed that they weren't the only people to think about resting there, which frustrated Alleria somewhat. The group only managed to camp just outside of the place, and it didn't take long until Fiona was asleep. Ah, she's probably just not in the mood for it yet. The mysterious but familiar figure though, bust out her guitar and played a tune for all to hear. While the tune itself was unfamiliar, the guitar definitely made Alleria recognize her as someone she had met before...but she still couldn't figure out who she was supposed to be.

ย 

"So uh...for now, should we rest? Where do you seek to go next, anyway?"

ย 

Even as she asked this, Alleria's hand couldn't contain itself and she unconsciously caressed Fiona's sleeping figure as she spoke. She just had her sleep earlier, so for now perhaps she should explore the place if she could trust this "stranger" with Fiona enough.

ย 

Adaridย Team Karaoke

ย 

As they made there way towards the library, Lok noticed something off about Gwen. She wasn't as cheery as she normally was, and she did seem against the idea of going back to the library. The last couple of days must of been hard on her. It had been hard on all of them. He sighed, trotting on towards the library. The sooner they got there friends the sooner they could get out of here.

ย 

They were greeted by the sight of guards, more than likely due to the events of yesterday. Lok stood behind Clotilde as she and Nine spoke with the guards about there situation. From what he gathered from the conversation, there friends weren't in there. He waved at the guards as the group left, before Nine turned to the group.ย "Well at least we know they aren't here, which is good, lowers down on our searching.ย Now then, the the places nearest to here are the Market area, the Arena and the Emperor's Mansion. Obviously they're not going to be there, in fact I wouldn't imagine anything but more of what happened there waiting for us. So, that means they're either somewhere around the arena or somewhere around the market. I can't figure out what would be the best place to check first though, so where would you all like to go?"

ย 

"I think we should go check out the Arena." Lok was the first to answer Nine. "If I had to choose between those two as a place to rest, I would probably go with the Arena. Less threat of encountering those gang members there, right?"ย He shrugged weakly to the group. Hopefully, they would encounter there friends there.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Fryst Team Showdown

ย 

Cab had tossed the group a Substitute doll, which Scarlet managed to catch with her pincers. "It maybe worth hiding, but whatever you do, don't damage it," Scarlet coughed awkwardly as she looked at the small tears created by her pincers. "I wanna try something with this, and if it works, I should be able to inform you of any guards that either pass me by while I'm down here or try to stop me from moving forward." Scarlet looked back at the doll, then looked up as Cab climbed up the stairs, leaving the group alone.ย 

ย 

"What are we waiting for, again?"

"Heck if I know...that living light bulb hasn't told us jack squat yet!"ย 

"Oh well, I'll also go ahead now. Not going to fool anyone even when wearing this, so uh, you two take care if you want to follow me."

ย 

None of them seemed too keen on waiting around for Cab - in fact, Taiga and the new girl had already decided to climb up the ladder. Scarlet let out a sigh, before turning to Isole. "Well, there's no point in waiting here anymore, huh?" She spoke to her, gesturing Isole to follow her up the ladder. "Let's get going - hopefully Cab won't be too mad."ย  Climbing the ladder was a bit difficult due to how slippery it was and the fact that she decided to hold onto the Substitute Doll. Her pincers didn't help at all; however, she eventually made it up the ladder. On top of the ladder was a group of unconscious guards and the Steelix from before fighting the Aggron guard that had imprisoned them. It would probably be best if they didn't interfere - at least not yet, anyways.ย 

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

As Kah continued her way down the road, she found her path obstructed. By something she would have preferred not to cross paths with. As sour as she was toward Fairy-types in particular, this Gardevoir suddenly in her way felt...different. It was just a hunch. A gut feeling. But if that could be trusted, something was off about this woman. Just in time for her to try being a bit less violent too. Joy.

ย 

"Hello."

ย 

"...hello," Kah hesitantly responded.

ย 

"You seem to be powerful. I admire power. You know, many things can be done with power, though, not everything. Why, after getting so strong, do I still have to fight? Why can I not just live in my own peace?"

ย 

A sentiment Kah could relate to. She was strong. Hell, dragons inherently were stronger creatures than other types. That was just a plain fact. Yet still, as she wouldn't hesitate to point out, they mostly lived secluded from everyone else. The whole dragon empire thing may not have been the best idea in retrospect, but that didn't mean all dragons had to just shelter themselves away from the world in a solitary city virtually nobody visited. Why did they, then? Why was Kah brought up like that? Why not in other cities, above - hell, she'd settle for alongside as equals with - kids of other types?

ย 

"That's nothing to do with you, though, unless you will it so. Sorry for interrupting you like this but I had to ask...What is power to you? What do you want to do with it? And...what would you do to get more?"

ย 

"Power..." Kah thought about that one for a bit, setting the boar over her shoulders down and seating herself atop its carcass. "It's the means to an end and a measure of worth. I'm not really sure what I want to do with mine right now...but I do want to hear where you're going with this."

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

As the group entered Coldharbour, a very real, very disturbing problem came to the surface. It was under attack. And defending it...

ย 

"Oh no! Easter, Fawkes, look, weird alien friend is in trouble!"

ย 

"I think you'd make weird alien friend even more concerned if you went in there too. Let's get you guys somewhere safe first. Follow me. Let's see..."

ย 

Where to go? Where was safe? Seemed Easter was wondering the same, as he presented such a question to a local Frogadier. Fawkes, meanwhile, kept her eyes on the fight. There was no way she'd be like them, no matter how hard she trained. But that was pointing out impossible things just for the sake of it. She could still be something, right? At the very least, if something started heading this way, she wanted to see it coming.

kMykmrI.png

"I dunno why you think I'm the best, but alright... Here's the plan. We'll stick around for now... But if Kah or Mac ever...,"ย the Gabite paused, "Create a real risk of you being turned into grass, we'll leave. You're way too young for that."

ย 

Kazo was the best Chaser ever. Ari knew this for a fact. Had figured it out long ago when he saw how the Gabite treated the fallen pink guy's body with concern even after he had turned to grass. The others had only cared about fighting, about taking down that green guy, but Ari's father had told him long ago, that the best kind of people, rulers and Chasers alike, were the ones that treated others with kindness, and saw the big picture.

ย 

Kazo wasn't just strong, he was also caring. And that's why, out of everybody in the group, Ari looked up to him the most. He was the most like what a Chaser should be. Mac was loud and did her own thing, not caring who she dragged into it. Kah was probably physically stronger than Kazo, but she also seemed to lack, uhh, empathy. Yes, that was the word. Suiten he didn't know as well, but if the Samurott didn't see what the Litleo did in Kazo then he wasn't someone Ari wanted to travel with.

ย 

The Gabite then pulled out a chain from around his neck. Ari glanced at it curiously. It seemed to have a drill and...oh. That badge. The one that the pink guy had shown to everybody, as proof of beating a legendary. "I wonder if his family ever found out...," he muttered as he stared at it.

ย 

Ari shook his head. "I don't know." He stared at the ground for a bit. "Maybe. Or they just...assumed that. Chasing is full of dangers, after all," he quoted what his dad had said once. That had been the first time they really argued. It wasn't long after that his uncle James had encouraged him to take his first few steps to Chasing, and to adventure. Which made him think. If Ari died, how would his family react?

ย 

"So Ari, where are you from?" Kazo seemed to read his mind with that question.

ย 

Had this been back in Oasis, Ari would have boasted of his birthplace with all the pride he had been born into. Now, though, he paused before speaking. "...Pride Rock," he said instead.ย "It's a great place, but a lot different from other places. Not as many different gijinka as there are elsewhere. Mainly just lions and zebras. Oh, and of course, the hyenas."ย He wasn't eager to discuss more than that. He wasn't nearly brave nor strong enough yet to prove himself a worthy lion of his home. Talking about a place that he couldn't return to yet would do nothing but make him sad. And he'd rather not be sad if he could help it.

ย 

"What about you, Kazo? I bet you're from a really cool place, right?" he asked, eager, to learn more about his role model.

"...Pride Rock," Ari answered Kazo's question. "It's a great place, but a lot different from other places. Not as many different gijinka as there are elsewhere. Mainly just lions and zebras. Oh, and of course, the hyenas."ย  Kazo picked up on the fact that Ari didn't seem as... Peppy as usual. Did he also have bad experiences at his home?"What about you, Kazo? I bet you're from a really cool place, right?" Ari asked. Kazo scratched his cheek, chuckling nervously.

ย 

"Well... Juyu is certainly... unique," He managed to say as he thought of how to word it. "They have a great appreciation for music there. I guess it kinda rubbed off on me, since I like to sing... I'm not too good at it though," he scratched his chin as he tried to think of more. "It's pretty... Flat... There. It's actually why I got so good at running. You can go pretty fast there," Of course, the fact your species is pretty fast in general helped immensely. "And we had a lot of different kinds of Gijinka there... For better or worse," Personally, he wouldn't care if it all burned to the ground, but he wasn't about to tell Ari that.

ย 

He placed his hands behind his head, thinking to himself. "So, what about your family? Have any siblings or the like?" That seemed like a nice progression. He was learning a lot about Ari, and he was personally enjoying this quiet time.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke was having trouble remembering where she was. Her head was pounding, and she felt cold, sweat clinging to her skin. She could make out the fuzzy outlines of two munchkins through her blurred vision, one black and one blue, and a slightly bigger pink outline that she could only presume to be their munchkin leader. ย Waitโ€ฆ Thatโ€™sโ€ฆ Shivering, Brooke realized the cold chills were the remnants of the poison in her system. Toxicroakโ€ฆ That immature gang? Why am I remembering them? Nothing was adding up, and the harder she thought, the more her head ached.

ย 

Brooke pressed on, and after a moment, it all came rushing back to her. She involuntarily flushed in embarrassment at having been beaten in such a short amount of time. She had already been tired from raising the amount of heat sheโ€™d have naturally radiated, to make sure everyone else stayed warm, and then sheโ€™d been caught off guard and poisoned from a lucky hit, and the Toxicroak had gotten eve luckier with his next attack while she was still reeling. She clenched her hands into fists, ashamed, knowing that she had failed to protect them.

ย 

Blinking her vision clear, she worriedly looked over Fawkes and Dora, but neither of them seemed any worse for wear. Easter wasnโ€™t very worrying; unless they surprised him, the gang of fools honestly posed no threat. โ€œEasterโ€ฆโ€ quiet as a mouse, she mumbled so only the two could hear, โ€œThank you. For protecting them. Iโ€ฆ that wonโ€™t happen again. Got careless.โ€ She made no excuse for her shortcomings, instead supplying him with her gratitude and a promise from her that she wouldnโ€™t need his help again.

ย 

Brooke pushed herself away from Easter to stand on her own, reeling for a moment until she caught her balance. Bag. Antidote and potions areโ€ฆ in my bag. She reminded herself, struggling to stay focused. She managed to pull it off her back while they moved, closer and closer to Coldharbour, and fished out an antidote and the final Super Potion theyโ€™d (sheโ€™d) brought along. Unscrewing the caps proved difficult while her vision was swimming, but she accomplished it in a reasonable amount of time, and tilting her head back, down the hatch both medicines went. She involuntarily made a face at the bitter taste of the antidote, but she could feel it and the potion working their magic, fending off the little vestiges of poison still left in her system and repairing the internal damage. The feeling wasโ€ฆ pleasant. Bubbly, almost like drinking a fresh, carbonated beverage.

ย 

By the time they reached Coldharbour, physically, Brooke was feeling nearly peak again. Her fever had broken, thanks to the antidote, and she was no longer shivering or suffering from blurred vision. She wished she was when she came close enough to make out the figures in the skyโ€•one much larger than the otherโ€•brutally fighting. The city was just like Deku had been, panicking, people fleeing into the tundra to escape the wrath of the gods. Worry ate at her when she realized one of them was Deoxys, the alien that had helped them, and it didnโ€™t exactly look like it was winning.

ย 

Brooke glanced back at the children, Dora and Fawkes, and then at Easter, talking to a Frogadier about a safe place for them to stay. She hesitated, hands clenching into fists, feeling helpless once again. Was every city they came to bound to be destroyed? She lowered her gaze to her feet, hat covering her face, and when she looked up at Easter again, fire burned in her normally caring brown eyes. โ€œNo,โ€ she said quietly. โ€œIโ€™m not gonna let them destroy anyone elseโ€™s home. Iโ€™m done running. Thoseโ€ฆ Those โ€˜godsโ€™ think they can do whatever they want. They donโ€™t care about who gets hurt in the process.โ€ Her voice grew stronger the longer she continued. โ€œDeoxys helped us. Weโ€™re gonna find somewhere safe for the kids, and thenโ€ฆโ€ She looked up to the sky, towards the giant ice dragon attacking the alien. โ€œIโ€™m gonna return the favor.โ€

ย 

Her tail swished behind her like a whip cracking, promising violence, and she swept her gaze over the city. She saw the Gijinka running, people scrambling with their children to avoid stray attacks, and her temper flared again. A Pupitar, as he was helping other citizens, was grazed by a stray Dragon Pulse and sent flying. โ€œEaster, can you get them to safety if I stay to help people get out?โ€ she asked, and gave him a look that held all the weight in the world. She was putting her trust in himโ€•putting her children in his careโ€•and that wasnโ€™t something that she did lightly.

Archived