Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

FipiFwE.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (contains 5x Spelon Berries)

Ari seemed unresponsive to Kah's offer to start his training. Overwhelmed, maybe? It certainly wasn't something to rule out as a possibility. After all, Ari had even said a few days ago that he wasn't very strong, while Kah had definitely proven to be the strongest person here with a known level of power. Needless to say, the power gap between Ari and Kah was anything but small. It would be like a lion cub punching a dragon...wait...

Before Ari stopped hesitating and started making his move, however, Kah heard something. A rustling in the nearby bushes. Perhaps it was because she didn't want to risk Mac and Ari being hit by a surprise attack. Maybe it was because the thought of training had her mind in a state fit for battle. Or maybe she was just paranoid that a bug would pop out of the bushes. Whatever the reason, Kah wasted no time turning toward the bushes and exhaling a mighty breath of flames at the bushes. That'd show them.

FxSKOUs.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk

They did it! She probably didn't help much, but the team had defeated the people attacking them! Now then, time to make sure Brooke was okay, and--

Boop.

Fawkes's illusion and Double Team shattered as the Zorua herself fell over, into the snow. Glancing in the direction of what had hit her revealed that it was a Koffing. The tackle certainly hurt, but Fawkes wasn't down for the count. If nothing else, she wanted to at least get one real hit in this fight. She had to prove that she could be more than just a helpless Zorua! Mostly to herself, but she had to prove it regardless! Problem being that Fawkes wasn't a fighter. She didn't really know any powerful fighting moves. Now, Easter on the other hand...

Right, the thing Easter did! Uuuuuh, how did she do it? L-Like this? Yeah, like this! A Copycat though it may have made her, Fawkes turned to face the Koffing as a cloud of crackling energy formed around her hands, before the Zorua unleashed it in her assailant's direction. Hopefully, it would hit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adarid Library Team Karaoke

As the group went on, the road seemed to darken, and the sounds of battle seemed to intensify. He was using a small Wisp that he had created as a sort of light, although it wasn't very bright at all it was better than nothing. Afraid, he stood near Clotilde and Gwen, as despite being unconscious the ghost girl still gave him a sense of comfort in these dark times. Their somber walk was suddenly interrupted by a blood-curling screech. Lok jumped away from the source - the ghost girl that he was next to - and fell back on his backside, pointing his Wisp straight at her. He let out a nervous sigh and attempted to get up when he had realized where the scream had came from. While Lok was barely standing up, Nine had already rushed towards Gwen's aide. Brushing off the dust from his pants, he walked towards them.

He came just as Gwen fell out of Clotilde's arms. "Oh, well, so that happened. Of course everything's okay, we were Beartic-ly harmed right?" He let out a sigh of relief, staying close to Gwen. "Of course we are, especially now that our lovely pun-tergeist is up and about again. Now then, let be on our way gang." Nine turned away from them and started walking. Lok followed, occasionally turning to Gwen to see how she was doing. Lok wasn't completely sold that she was ok, but there would be time to check up on her later when they got to shelter.

Fryst Team Showdown

"Hello, hello! Just arrived here, eh? I'm Fia, what did you three do to end here?" Scarlet nearly jumped as the naked girl seemed to appear out of the sky. "How long have you...nevermind..." She questioned answering the strange girls question - after all, she seemingly drop out of nowhere. At first, she thought that the girl was with the guards, but upon further inspection she crossed that idea out of her head - they wouldn't give a guard what seemed to be a potato sack to wear. "Hello, er...Fia, you said? My name is Scarlet. About your question, well..." She had to think about her word choice carefully, as she did not fully trust this strange girl. "...Let's just say we got involved with...certain people" Scarlet waited for the rest of the crew to respond to this Fia character before continuing. "So, how did you get here? More specifically," She looked up at the webs above her "why are you up there?" She pointed to the mess of webs that Fia was currently hanging from. 

kMykmrI.png

Ari didn't expect his comment to spark a pep talk. "Ari, it's time for us to get to work! I wanted to start your training a couple days ago, but I've been getting caught up in this relaxed pace. So, hit me. As hard as you can. Pretend I just spat on the graves of your ancestors if you have to, but hold nothing back. I can take it."

"Wh-wha?" he asked, taken aback. "B-but," he gulped, before remembering how strong she was, and his eyes started to heat up. "You got it!" he said, but right as he was about to do so, Kah turned toward the bushes. "Aww, man, missed my chance," he sulked.

Suiten, meanwhile, had been watching the events with bemusement, when he had to stop himself from walking into Mac, who had...halted in front of him for some reason. She glared at him for a while before finally speaking up. "Training," she said right before punching him in the chest.

The Samurott, who had been unprepared for such an unexpected move, felt the wind rush out of him with that no holds barred attack. Briefly bending over in shock, he recovered, crossing his arms. "Ouch, is that any way to ask for a favor? But..." he appeared to be thinking it over, but his eyes betrayed his excitement. "If you agree to be my apprentice," his chest puffed out a bit at that, "then you have to do as I say. And the first thing you'll learn is, a warrior must be aware," he glanced pointedly at the rustling bushes, which both Kazo and Kah had noticed. He nodded when he saw the Gabite throw a rock in, followed by a flamethrower by the Hydreigon. "Second thing is, to take action. Nothing will ever get done if you do not do anything."

Ari tilted his head, askance at those words. "What if that were a friend though?"

"No friend would hide in such a matter," the Samurott replied. "More likely, however, it is a wild animal."

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Easter dusted his hands off in satisfaction, feeling much better now. Enough so that he could actually feel something other than rage when he looked at the downed Emboar. Staring down at her in concern, he started to power up a Wish, when he heard movement from behind. Turning, he saw the Koffing he had ignored outright Tackling one of his clones, who had revealed herself as Fawkes right afterward. Stepping forward, he paused when he saw her take the move in stride, eyes determined. Perhaps it would be best to let the Zorua handle this herself. She looked to have things well in hand when she used what had to be Copycat, for how else would she be able to imitate his move? This could do wonders for the Zorua's confidence and training.

Yes, Psyshock would do quite nicely for this Koffing. And he was here, ready to heal her if need be, while also standing right next to Dora and Brooke to protect them if any attacks turned their way. "You can do this, Fawkes!" he encouraged.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

"There is no way she should have been suspicious I was from the S.S. Showdown. Unless someone told her. There's only three people who could have done that. Two of them are here. It's one of your fault. Not mine." 

Although it pained her to admit it, Taiga knew that Isole was right.  But there was no way in the distorted world that she would ever say it out loud.  Taiga sat down as well, against Isole's back.  

"Fine...whatever...it was a slip of the tongue.  But if you hadn't zapped me, I'd have been in no position to ever spill the dang beans in the first place!"  She was losing her temper again.  Doing that would get her nowhere with this frigid gijinka.  She sighed, letting a puff of visible breath out as she did so.  "Listen...I'm sor-"

"Hello, hello! Just arrived here, eh? I'm Fia, what did you three do to end here?"

Taiga's sentence was grinded to a halt by the spider's interjection.  Did any gijinka have respect nowadays?  

"Well hello there Fia!  Didn't your mommy tell you to never talk to strangers?!"  Taiga was beyond irked by the whole situation, but realizing that Scarlet wasn't hurt had put her in a better mood.  "This whole situation is bunk..."  She said as she gripped her legs and brought them closer to her chest.  

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

As he waited for the lord to arrive and mulled over his options, he noticed that the third and last captain of the guard, a Cofagrigus Gijinka known only as 'Sir', was the first to step outside the tower since Taiga, Scarlet and Isole had been ushered inside. He gazed towards Cabrakan with clear distaste, before moving aside for the lord and what the Chandelure had to presume were his two personal bodyguards; a pair of visually capable Poliwrath.

"You know something you should not. Give me one good reason not to have you killed where you stand."

'So knowledge of the rod was meant to be strict after all. That explains the Aggron's initial confusion...' with that deduced, Cabrakan gave a small bow towards the lord of Fryst, before speaking again, "I only learnt of the rod through the crew members of S.S. Showdown, but I know that it was a gift that you received through the people of Skuldafn as part of a peace treaty of sorts, and I imagine that they... entrusted you with its power."

It wouldn't surprise Cabrakan if the lord already knew what the rod was capable of, but he wasn't up for spelling it out for him nonetheless. After all, the last type of person he wanted to sound like was one of those mindless prophets that would spread gloom and doom all over the place.

"In any case, I can help recover the rod for you should you keep me alive," Cabrakan stated once he was done with a short pause that he'd made, "Though before I set about such a quest, I'm going to need you to release the three women that your guards had just arrested... including the Rotom. This may be a big ask considering her allegations, but we'll need her full co-operation if we're to have any chance of recovering the rod, and I doubt we'll get it without a guarantee of her freedom..."

He was aware that the captains could just interrogate her for the rod's whereabouts, but knowing her that would just encourage her to clam up. And Cabrakan would hate to think how far they would go in their attempts to extract the information that the lord would need for it.

yCrzb88.png
Remnants of Team Sexual Tension
Southshore

In an instant, Beatrice's body had been physically transported elsewhere... only for her to drop, from a height, right into an ocean that was relatively close. Why Xerneas thought dropping her off here would be in any way safe, she hadn't the slightest idea. But as her body splashed its way into the ocean and was starting to sink, she eventually summoned the strength to try and resurface... which she accomplished, thankfully. This wasn't the first time Beatrice found herself in a large body of water after all, and this time she wasn't as badly disorientated as when she slammed that leopard into the underside of that bridge. And she wasn't exactly dealing with raging waters either.

The seas were choppy, however, and this would affect her ability to stay afloat. So she swam, straight for the closest source of land she could find. It would take Beatrice a while to get there, potentially anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, and she would be exhausted by the time she got there. But once she did, Beatrice emerged on the beach and took a few lethargic steps forward. She looked around the beach, trying to either find out where she was or locate anyone that could help her. And then suddenly...

THUD!!

Beatrice fell down exactly where she was standing at that instance, going out like a light. And she'd stay that way for quite some time.

Adarid City / ~
"There is no way you're eighteen."

She found herself stretching the 'o' sound much, much longer than was necessary.

"No wa- Excuse me." Cough.

She turned to the other man. Unfortunately his 'uncle Abel' does not seem to be loaded either, so her line of inquiry ended there.

They continued walking, Gwendoline in arm, towards a safer place. Night soon fell (Lok had been kind enough to provide a faint light) and then, breaking the monotony of their journey further, Gwendoline screamed and woke up, terrified. It suddenly occurred and Clotilde almost dropped her. Nine ran back to check up on her.

"Are you sure you're quite alright?" Other than some light inquiry, Clotilde kept quiet as the other two worried about their companion. Gwendoline's behavior was peculiar and Clotilde tried her best to observe. Lok and Nine reassured, they debriefed Gwendoline of what had transpired since her loss of consciousness and with that, their party of four continued onward.

The East end guard station. Earlier during the day there were people, but in the midst of the night the group found it barren. If not for the escalating conflict in the city it would've been quiet too, serene even.

"We do have the option of leaving town now. The gate is not too far away from here, although we still have not rendezvoused with the other two."

Team Karaoke A, Day 10, Guard Shack

"Of course we are, especially now that our lovely pun-tergeist is up and about again."

"Oh my." Gwen said in response to the young man's words. "Thank you, sir Nine, that um...Thanks." She laughed awkwardly and brushed some hair out of her eyes. Nine began to lead them away, towards the same location they started this all in. Gwen paused for a moment when a realization hit her. She had been following him a lot lately. Why was that? At home she was always the leader, many children looked to her for guidance, yet here she was meekly following. First Alleria and now Nine. Was it because she was in a strange, relatively unknown to her, place?

Whatever the case her musings kept her silent on the way to the guard shack.

The shack was empty, and easily opened. Gwen decided to try and take the lead this time and stepped into the building. She waited for the others to enter, standing by the doorway. Lok's light helped illuminate the place, and she smiled and nodded appreciative towards him. It turned out the boy was 18, which, while younger than Gwen, was older than she expected.

It seemed this shack was mostly an outpost. Somewhere for the guards to stay while on shift, in between patrols. It was roughly square, a dozen feet across, with little furnishing. A couple mats were laid on the floor in the far corner, presumably to let the guards rest when needed, and two locked cabinets were next to them. Likely containing supplies and food.

The building looked sturdy, though, there were windows on each wall. Which Gwen checked to make sure were locked before going towards the door.

"We do have the option of leaving town now. The gate is not too far away from here, although we still have not rendezvoused with the other two."

"I don't like the idea of leaving them..." But what would they do? They couldn't very well search through the city as it were. "Perhaps we can try and stay the night here and look in the morning? Surely things will have settled by..."

She noticed movement outside and gripped the door, ready to slam it shut.

As it got closer, however, she noticed it was a guard. An elderly Lucario who was stumbling towards the guard shack and clutching his side. Gwen rushed out without giving it a second thought and helped the man into the shack. He had short cut grey hair, and a long mustache, and his skin was a ruddy brown color. Once he made it into the shack he collapsed against the wall. "Thank you young miss." He said, breathing heavily. "Made a couple mistakes out there. Not as young as I once was. Ambushed on my way to the wall. Looks like the others left this place already." He looked around at the group and his eyes stopped on Nine. "Orba? No. Wrong species...and gender. But your resemblance is there...sorry boy, I'm rambling. Don't mind this old man." He laughed and winced as blood seeped from the wound on his side.

-----

Having encountered no resistance the trio walked towards the store-house. The Weavile's claw took on a dark aura as he slashed the door open suddenly. The Fearow slipped into the building while Weavile made sure the door didn't fall and make too much noise. They went to Fiona first, grabbing her up and putting a hand around her mouth as she opened it to cry out in alarm. Once they dragged her to the side the Weavile entered the building, tossing a shard of ice in his hand as his gaze swept over the Altaria.

Team Mac, Day 14, Two Days From Southshore

"If you agree to be my apprentice," his chest puffed out a bit at that, "then you have to do as I say. And the first thing you'll learn is, a warrior must be aware,"

Mac gave him a somewhat annoyed look. She was NOT an apprentice. Even to someone like Suiten....Mac followed his gaze to the bushes.

As Kazo through a rock inside the bushes there was a loud snorting noise. Mac was interested to see what would emerge from the bushes...and then Kah lit them on fire. There was a pained squealing noise as several large boars rushed out of their hiding place, caught ablaze and in obvious pain as they began running around in a panic. They charged, without thinking, straight for Kazo.

Mac practically growled as she saw this and turned to Kah, anger in her eyes. She stomped her way over to the girl and kicked her in the stomach. Still angry she, as soon as her leg dropped down, went for a Low Sweep on the Hydreigon. Given that they could Levitate it was more of a middle-sweep but it still connected with Kah's leg. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" She shouted even as the boars continued their crazed charge.

------

Bea, Southshore

"Well lookie what we got ere. A little lady washed up on the beach! I'd betta grab her fore the dock master comes around and charges her for loiterin'." The strange, elderly, Politoed grabbed up Bea and, carrying her awkwardly over his shoulder, especially awkward due to his shorter height, brought her to a small shack at the edge or the beach, setting her down on the bed before returning to the gumbo he had been making.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst Dungeon

"Fine...whatever...it was a slip of the tongue.  But if you hadn't zapped me, I'd have been in no position to ever spill the dang beans in the first place!"

So it WAS her. Isole should have realized. Does this Sharpedo not know what she has done? What they would do to her, as a pirate? Probably not. Isole was starting to realize something about Taiga.

She was an idiot. Isole was used to idiots. But she had never been put in such a position because of one. She didn't know how to respond. She felt practically dead inside right now. Had given up hope. Her gaze dulled over even as the group noticed a new arrival. Some girl who also was in the cells. "Who cares." She said with a sigh before moving to the side to sit and gloom.

The guards seemed to take note of Fia's movements but, upon realizing they were just talking, went back to their positions.

------

"I only learnt of the rod through the crew members of S.S. Showdown, but I know that it was a gift that you received through the people of Skuldafn as part of a peace treaty of sorts, and I imagine that they... entrusted you with its power."

"So you were in contact with them. That girl...yes I see now." The Lord didn't seem pleased with Cabrakan's latter words, which seemed to imply he had done something wrong. Fool.

"In any case, I can help recover the rod for you should you keep me alive," Cabrakan stated once he was done with a short pause that he'd made, "Though before I set about such a quest, I'm going to need you to release the three women that your guards had just arrested... including the Rotom. This may be a big ask considering her allegations, but we'll need her full co-operation if we're to have any chance of recovering the rod, and I doubt we'll get it without a guarantee of her freedom..."

The Lord raised an eyebrow dramatically. "I may possibly be willing to release some of them. But the pirate. I cannot let her near the rod. You don't get to make demands of me. If you wish to take on this quest you will do so on my terms or you may not leave here alive." He paused, as the Cofagrigus approached him and whispered in his ear. "Ah, I see." He glanced at Cabrakan. "Trying to make such demands. Is that not risky? You really should think more of your daughter when you choose your words."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 14, One Day From Coldharbour

Koffing didn't think his attack would do much but when he realized his opponent was a tiny wimp he felt a lot better about his chances. As the others looked perfectly okay with him slapping the Zorua around he OW! The attack HURT. Koffing was knocked to the ground from the Psyshock. It was an effective move, though, his defense was pretty good and he wasn't down for the count. From the ground he attacked again, launching a glob of sludge at Fawkes.

Carnivine opened one eye to look around. He saw that things...weren't going as bad as he thought. Mustering some courage he crept up to a knee and attacked Easter, slamming into his side with a Vine Whip.

Dora noticed Brooke was breathing normal now, for the most part, and let out a sigh of relief. She collapsed onto the woman's chest and laid there without paying any attention to the fight happening behind her. She had forgotten that there even was a fight going on, in fact.

------

Denku would find it hard to move in this panic that was going on. An occasional attack, a Dragon Pulse here, a Flash Cannon there, would find its way towards the people. And some were struck with the attacks. Denku himself found a Pulse heading right towards him as he was helping a female Octillery with a limp, who was clinging to him with her tentacles.

Above him Deoxys and Kyurem were clashing back and forth. It seemed they weren't just constantly using their moves. They were an hour into the fight and even legends would have trouble using those attacks for prolonged periods. Deoxys was the faster of the two but every hit Kyurem landed seemed to hurt much more.

As Deoxys switched into Defense-Mode to Recover, Kyurem broke off from the fight and, raising its arms and opening its jaw wide, let loose a stream of freezing air that struck the alien Gijinka. Bits of ice clung to the Gijinka, which would very clearly slow her down, even as she recovered from the wounds.

"So, how did you get here? More specifically, why are you up there?"

"The bed below is quite uncomfortable, and I don't like those guards staring at me all the time so I decided to sleep up there. Oh, and I'm here for some public indecency charges apparently. These people and their bunk laws..."

"Well hello there Fia!  Didn't your mommy tell you to never talk to strangers?!"

"That isn't what you're supposed to say to someone in a prison complex. I mean, I can be secretly a serial killer with grass moves that could kill you all secretly in your sleep since none of you realized my presence before I dropped in, no?"

In a way, Fia did want to rile the group further, but with how she was supposed to be with them now, she kind of needed to work with them in regards to finding ways to escape. The longer she had to wait to meet her, the more it would weight on her mind. The shark talking about mother made her feel some faint voices from behind her head however. Visions of a cave in a secluded place, and the warmth of fire around her flooded her mind everytime she tried to think about it. What was important now was how two of them were quite plainly had given up on escaping. As she thought about it the cold breeze started to disturb her now-exposed lower body as she hung upside down, and somewhat annoyed by it, she cut the thread with a flick of fire, doing a roll on the ground as soon as gravity took hold of her body.

The first order of things to do would be to know why were the three stuck here. Then, convince them that they could escape somehow. Would be hard, since Fia's judgment made it feel like the shark and Rotom would be hard to work with. 

"Hey, why are you here, anyway? Are you another victim of this land's flawed laws?"

Great. Just great. It turned out there were boars in the bushes. And now the boars were on fire. And after him! With a gulp and a yell, he began to run off, headed for the nearest tree. He would climb that tree and get to safety!

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" He heard Mac yell at Kah as the Gabite began to climb the tree.

"She's quite fond of doing that, actually!" He commented as he scrambled to the top. Please, please, please let him be safe up here!

Great. Just great. Denku had a bunch of tentacles gripping him like he was life support, and he had a Dragon Pulse headed his way! Crap, this would not be good. He knew none of his attacks would be able to match that, so all he could do is dodge... Still, he never tried to expel the gas with a passenger.  

"Hang on!" Denku called out, forcing the pressure into his feet, causing him to blast off the ground. However, the woman added some extra... weight, and he started to spin in the air. Alright, this was not good, but he could do something about this. He quickly flipped in the air, grabbing the woman and spun her around until he was holding her bridal style. He then ejected more pressure in the opposite direction he was spinning, reorienting him. That was better. It made it much easier to land on his feet, away from the attack.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he landed.

Jjj76h5.png

Well, Whisper could not complain over much about the place where she had been sent by Xerneas. It was reasonably out of the way, and there would be plenty of opportunity to change out of her robes and into something less likely to draw attention. The experience of being transported in such a way was quite disorienting, and she wanted a chance to properly get her bearings and balance back. A few glances around told her that she was near the Eastern market. That was good, it would not take her so long to find the Watcher or an entrance to the old sanctuary. That said, she found herself distracted by events transpiring in front of her. A Weavile and two Fearow making their advance on what looked to be a storehouse, saying something about taking two girls inside back to their boss. The assassin was never especially fond of kidnappers, and with Jabari having escaped death it would only be proper for her to send a few souls off to her lord in penance. Not that she was just going to rush into the fray.

No, she stayed back and waited for the moment to strike. Of course she still sought to prepare herself, so that when she struck the force and violence of the strike would be too much for her foes to stand against. Thus she kept herself behind them in the shadows where she was unlikely to be seen and called forth her weapon in preparation for what was to come. With any luck, the combination of the extra power the weapon gave her and the surprise from her attack would make dispatching the trio a simple matter.

So, prepared as she was, she waited behind while the trio went into the warehouse. Once the Weavile had made his way in, then she followed after with her blade resting on its flat against her right shoulder. She stood in the now empty doorway for only a few moments to assess the situation. The Fearow had dragged one of the girls in there off to the side and she seemed to be struggling, while the Weavile was...staring threateningly at the Altaria from Juyu while preparing an ice shard. Well, this seemed easy enough to handle. So she took hold of her blade in both hands, and soon enough it was wreathed in dark red flames that spilled soot and smoke into the room. She leveled the tip of it with the ground on which the Weavile stood, and as she thrust if forward the flames surged forth and exploded. The momentary blast of flames out from where they struck was soon replaced by a choking cloud of smoke, into which Whisper rushed both to find cover from any retalliation and also to see if the apparent leader of this group was struck down or not. If she found him standing, a swift blow from that blade of hers towards his torso might be enough to finish him off. If she found him on the ground, then a quick stab into her fallen foe ought to make sure he did not get up. If she did not find him at all, then she would simply ready herself and wait for whatever came next.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the group had continued to make their way to the guard station it had been rather quiet, no one saying much after Gwendoline had recovered from her terror. Not too long after, though, did they finally get to a vacant shack, one that was used to normally house guards during their shifts. However, since that was for less active hours, there were no such people there currently, simply lending itself to be their shelter for the night. As the group settled in, keeping the doors locked and a bit wary of what may be outside, the aggron maid had talked about saying how they could leave the city at this point. Gwendoline being opposed to the idea, Nine could only help but nod his head at this. "Yeah, I don't feel comfortable with the idea of just leaving them like that. So we can go look for them tomorrow instead." Nine wasn't very fond of the idea of just leaving Fiona high and dry like with someone like her, and the fact that he had not been able to keep her safe for no amount of time from her after telling her he would, only furthered to frustrate him. However, while this discussion was happening, Gwendoline had noticed something outside. 

While Nine was immediately on guard for any of the gang members, it turned out to be someone quite different. Hobbling into the shack was a Lucario, older looking, and someone who had definitely seen better days. After being helped in, the man seemed to recognize Nine, though not as Nine. As the Lucario addressed him, he was a bit taken aback, not having expected to have heard that name anywhere but home. As he seemed to try and dismiss the comment, Nine went to correct him. "Sorry, I'm not her. In fact, that's not a name I expected anyone here to still remember. But since you remembered her, can I ask your name? Maybe tell her you send your regards when I go home next?" His expression seemed to be more soft, his tone almost like he was trying to offer some comfort to the man, before noticing that he was still heavily injured. Giving the bandages that Clotilde had handed him earlier back to her, having not actually used them, he asked her, "could you please tend to him?"

After that was settled, Nine sat back against a wall, as everyone else situated themselves as well. The tension in the room was thick, the days events likely weighing heavily on everyone's minds and would give cause for restless sleep if any. "Well, what do you say we all try to ease the air around us with some stories? Something fun or exciting that you did or happened to you. I'm sure you two Chasers and you two with your kind of professions probably have something to share."

kMykmrI.png

Suiten hadn't noticed Mac's non-interest, but Ari did. Sweatdropping, the lion cub looked at the bushes as well, watching as the fire revealed several boars. "Well what do you know, Mister Wrong-About-Kazo was actually right for once. They are animals," he observed.

The Samurott whirled on the lion cub, shooting him an annoyed look, before turning his attention back to the boars, who had proceeded to charge at Kazo.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Mac screamed after using a Low Sweep on Kah, causing both Ari and Suiten to wince, both at the move and the volume.

"She's quite fond of doing that, actually!" Kazo commented as he scrambled up a tree.

Now, Ari had a choice. He could either watch and hope for the best, or do something. Suiten had said to take action, Kah wanted him to get stronger, and here, here was the perfect chance. Working himself Up into a frenzy, he let out a yell as he Tackled one of the boars, flailing his arms. "Hraaah!" he screamed, eyes squinted shut in fear.

Suiten had been about to dowse the boars with water, but seeing Ari in the thick of things, he changed his mind, and instead summoned a light rain, hoping that that would calm things down and prevent a forest fire.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

The Wish finally took effect, though instead of working on Brooke, the Sylveon chose to bestow it on the brave young Zorua. This would hopefully fully heal any injuries she had sustained so far. Soon after, he felt a light stinging on his side, and turned to see the Carnivine from before, whom he had thought down for the count.

"You really don't learn, do you?" he mused, before hitting the grass type with another Psyshock. He had considered his signature Moonblast, but that could go badly if Fawkes decided to Copycat that move by accident.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

b78LOZW.png

Fryst

"Who cares."

Isole sighed as she went across the cell to sit by herself.

"Tch!  Whatever..."  Taiga said as she went to the opposite side.  On top of being a numb skull, this rotom was thick headed.  She didn't have time for this anyhow!  While waiting in this darn prison cell, she might as well had tried to make up with Isole, but not if the ice queen was gonna sulk like that.  Taiga started to pace, no doubt attracting the guard's attention, but what else was she to do?  She felt like she would die if she sat still any longer.  She strolled up to the bars and started to gnaw on them.  Were they metal, or just really hard icicles...it was really hard to tell at these temperatures.  

"That isn't what you're supposed to say to someone in a prison complex. I mean, I can be secretly a serial killer with grass moves that could kill you all secretly in your sleep since none of you realized my presence before I dropped in, no?"

Oh right...the fly on the wall was still there.

"I can hold my own against small fry like you...I've been up against worse, and I don't plan on being stopped by the likes of a prison cell, or some lowlife in a prison cell."  

"Hey, why are you here, anyway? Are you another victim of this land's flawed laws?"

"Well you see, Ms. I was with a band of pirates and didn't tell my passengers until after we had arrived, over there got us into this whole thing.  HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TA' KNOW THE S.S. Showdown CREW WERE A BUNCH OF PIRATES!?!?"  After she took a deep breath, she forgot that she herself was a glorified pirate as well.  At least she wasn't as easy to distinguish as one, unlike the likes of an uncommon sight that is rotom.  "So yeah...we fought the law and the law one.  I would've asked you how you got here, but it's not like I care.  So why don't you mind your business?"

Adarid City / ~
Clotilde caught the item thrown at her. "Understood", and began patching up the old ragged man. Even with her maid training she could only provide basic first aid. In her career(not that she had one) she hasn't encountered such a severe wound before. Seeing the bandage turn red moments after she applied them was an unnerving experience. She undid his shirt, and had it been a few years ago she may have let out a maidenly bout of embarrassment. But now the grimness of the situation demanded nothing less than her utmost concentration, and sadly, more than one bandage roll that she had on her.

She had an epiphany. Of course, she shouted to herself, there would be some supplies here. They were in a guard station after all. She looked around for a supply box. The cabinets, there must be one there. She rummaged through and found it. Inside were a few rolls, some Oran Berry juice, and a couple of miscellaneous supplies. The former two were enough. She dabbed a roll with a small amount of the juice and applied it to the Lucario's wounds. Clotilde finished her preparations and put the now heavily bandaged man to rest. She pocketed some of the supplies she used, foreseeing she would need them in the future. "Please think of it as treatment costs, if you will."

With the rest of the group already resting, she began to wind down as well. She borrowed a room to change into her spare maid uniform, and kept the rags that she formerly wore in her suitcase. After she came back, Nine asked for some stories, which she obliged.

"My current lack of an employer aside... maid academy was a rather unique place." Admitting her own failure to secure employment turned her bitter for a bit. "The Styles House of Maids had a lot of interesting personalities, and many, many weird things happened because of that. If you will give me a second, I am sure I can remember something."

She began telling a story of a classmate, a Beldum maid-in-training. Chloe Hoffmann, the Beldum, was a strange one. She took words very literally and did not refuse orders, and that led to trouble. Keep sweeping until Tepigs fly, she was told once, and well into the night she swept the hall until one of the janitors found her. Go find Arceus, someone jested, and she almost turned in a Chaser application form.

One day, she was asked to fight the head maid. It was a Mightyena, a friend of a friend of Clotilde, who told Chloe jokingly to do so. The head maid Lilligant was known to be the scariest, strictest and strongest individual in the school, moreso than the principal herself. No one defied her and lived to tell the tale. Where she walks she leaves behind a trail of corpses. So the rumors say. The very next day Chloe challenged her.

And the head maid accepted. One week later they were to duel in front of the Founder's Statue with an audience of a hundred curious maid wannabes. As concerned classmates, Clotilde and the rest took a week off in order to assist the poor girl with her training. They were all naturally motivated only by the pure desire to help their friend, and that they would get a week off was but coincidence. Chloe trained for the next week, doing nothing but pushups and situps. There was nothing womanly or maidlike about the girl anymore. There was only the desire to overcome impossible odds. A single overwhelming strike performed so fast the head maid would not have any time to react to, another one of Clotilde's friends reasoned, was the only possible way Chloe could win. So pushups she did, until she was able to break bricks with her fists even without knowing Brick Break.

The promised day soon came... "And with that said, I may tell the ending to this story another time. How about the rest of you?"

Adarid Library Team Karaoke

They had arrived to the guard station, where it was very dark. Lok could barely see with the dim light of the wisp he held in his hand. It seemed that all of the guards had left the station, as it seemed to be deserted. However, it seemed secure enough to work as shelter for the night. Lok let out a sigh of relief, stretching his limbs. He turned to the others and simply nodded in agreement with Nine and Gwen. There was no way he was going to leave Alleria with that madwomen. It was then that Gwen noticed something outside. Lok took a few steps back, aiming the wisp he had been using as a light source at the door.  However, he immediately put his arm down when he noted who it was - an elderly Lucario, probably a guard of some sorts.

Lok's eyes followed the old man as Gwen led him towards the wall. As Clotilde tended to the old man's wounds, Lok took a seat on the floor, leaning his back on the wall opposite of the old man. He watched as she roamed the room, taking various supplies from the cabinets to tend the old man's wounds. Meanwhile, Lok had created another wisp on his other hand to help brighten up the place - not by much, mind you, but it was better than nothing.

After everyone had gotten situated, an awkward silence filled the air. They were all visibly tired from the events that they had the misfortune of passing through. After what felt like an eternity, Nine broke the silence. "Well, what do you say we all try to ease the air around us with some stories? Something fun or exciting that you did or happened to you. I'm sure you two Chasers and you two with your kind of professions probably have something to share." Lok nodded, before turning to Clotilde, whom had started with her story in her maid academy. Lok listened as Clotilde went on to share the story of Chloe, very much engaged by the story. For a brief moment, he felt like he wasn't in the middle of a shack at the heart of a gang war, but rather in a much safer place. However, all things had to end. "And with that said, I may tell the ending to this story another time." Lok let out an audible "aww" in a child-like tone, tilting his head a bit. "How about the rest of you?" Without missing a beat, he raised his hand, wisp still floating on it. "I'll go next!" He said, a wide grin across his face. Crushing one of the wisps, he placed his hand on his chin, pondering about what story to tell. And then he snap his fingers. "I got it!" He stood up and, clearing his throat, he began his story. 

He had decided to talk about how the group of Chasers had met all the way back in Juyu. He talked about the two gangs that they had crossed paths with, about Heather and the other Chasers they met during the festival. He described everything he could to the best of his ability, which wasn't the most accurate - his memory wasn't the best. This was very evident when he reached to the music contest part of his story. During all the chaos, he had forgotten about the events of that night, but it was all coming back to him. Lok voice trailed off when he first mentioned the Camerupt; a pained look crossed his face as he remember what had happened with the Camerupt. The fear he had felt when facing the Camerupt, and the embarrassment of his failure to actually help against him were all coming back to him all at once. He turned to Gwen and, seeing that she wasn't injured like she was on that day, snapped back to reality. While it had felt like a long time to him, the brief awkward pause lasted a good number of seconds. He coughed awkwardly before continuing on about the Kirlia and the song they taught them, clearly less enthusiastic to share than he was a few minutes ago. When he was done he returned to his seat, laughing nervously and placing his arms around his knees. This was a bad idea, not unlike the many bad ideas he has had in the past. "I'm sorry..." He spoke in a quite tone, although loud enough for everyone to hear. Subconsciously, he started humming the song that the Kirlia had taught the group. For whatever reason, it made him feel a bit better, so he kept humming it.

Fryst Team Showdown

"The bed below is quite uncomfortable, and I don't like those guards staring at me all the time so I decided to sleep up there. Oh, and I'm here for some public indecency charges apparently. These people and their bunk laws..." Scarlet gave her a quizzical look. Not only was it very acceptable to arrest someone for public nudity, it also didn't strike her as a good idea considering the climate around them. "Well hello there Fia!  Didn't your mommy tell you to never talk to strangers?!" Scarlet turned to where Taiga was. Somehow, in her fury, she hadn't noticed her or Isole, whom seemed to be sulking in the corner. "That isn't what you're supposed to say to someone in a prison complex. I mean, I can be secretly a serial killer with grass moves that could kill you all secretly in your sleep since none of you realized my presence before I dropped in, no?" Scarlet couldn't help but scoff a bit as Taiga responded to the question. "I can hold my own against small fry like you...I've been up against worse, and I don't plan on being stopped by the likes of a prison cell, or some lowlife in a prison cell." As the two talked, the girl seemed to cut herself from the string she was hanging from, landing on the ground. "Hey, why are you here, anyway? Are you another victim of this land's flawed laws?" Taiga, again, was faster than her in responding. Scarlet let out a sigh. She wasn't too keen on telling the stranger about the whole S.S. Showdown situation, but it would seem that it was a bit too late to lie about it. Plus, didn't she just ask that question. "Well, as my colleage just said, we got involved with the wrong people." She let out a sigh. "As for the flawed laws, I wouldn't say arresting someone for public indecency is flawed, but arresting people based on accusations is, especially without any form of a far trial or anything." That last bit came out a lot more bitter than she had intend it to. In frustration, she Bullet Punched the wall again in the same spot she had before, leaving a slightly bigger crack on the wall, before letting out a sigh. "We didn't even get to save that kids father like we promised..." She took a seat on the ground, slumping over. She wasn't completely defeated yet, but despair was definitely there. One thing was for sure; they had to get the hell out of here.

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

"My daughter is not the only person I care about," Cabrakan growled, trying his best to contain a clear sense of frustration that was evident in his voice, though it was straining on him, "Those three women that your men arrested have been faithful colleagues of mine. Well... two of them, anyway."

He had to correct himself, knowing Taiga was anything but faithful for the most part. True, there was that one time that she helped Cabrakan save Scarlet's life, but that wasn't enough to stop him from thinking mostly negative of Taiga, considering all the times she purposefully riled him up. In any case, there was no getting around the fact that the lord would refuse to let Isole go, and that dismayed Cabrakan immensely. However...

"But fine, I may be willing accept your insistence on detaining the Rotom," he said in a partially defeatist manner, but looked into the lord's eyes, "Though please... at the very least let me speak to her, before you do anything. I have my suspicions where the rod may be, but we'll need to converse before I can confirm anything."

yCrzb88.png
Remnants of Team Sexual Tension
Southshore

Several hours later, Beatrice finally awoke from her exhaustion, only to see that she was on a bed in what was most definitely someone else's home. She still had a lethargic look in her eyes, but she gazed out of the window, and had seen a relatively nice view of the beach from where she was. She seemed to admire it for a few seconds. But then immediately, Beatrice realized that something was amiss with this whole setting.

'What the funk?! Ogren doesn't have a beach! Where did I...?' Beatrice didn't even get to finish her question before she found a possible answer, 'Don't tell me I signed for the wrong town for her to transport me to, damn it! OK, sheet, calm down Bea. First thing you need to do is get out and find our bearings.'

Decision made, Beatrice hopped down from the bed and proceed to the door, only to catch the aroma of something being cooked from the distance. This in turn caused her to clutch her stomach as it grumbled, and now that she thought about it, the last time she ate anything at all was back when she, Denku and Fjanna were all the way back in Pride Rock attending that feast. True, Beatrice at a lot back then, but from that point on, all she remembered doing was fighting... and that drained her of all the energy she had, multiple times. Overwhelmed by curiosity for where that aroma was coming from, Beatrice slowly opened the door.

FipiFwE.png

Well, on the one hand, Kah's suspicions proved to be false. The group was, in fact, not under attack again. Depending on who was being asked, however, it may have been even worse due to Kah's meddling. From out of the bushes, wild boars appeared in a panic due to their sudden combustion. At least they'd be eating good tonight.  Before she could help get them off Kazo's back (things sure did like to target him, didn't they?) however, Kah was met with a kick to her leg. It actually hurt a little bit. Looking down to the source, Kah found Mac.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

"She's quite fond of doing that, actually!" Kazo replied, climbing his way up a tree to avoid the flaming boars. To make things even more chaotic, Ari charged in to help attack the boars. And it started raining lightly too. If nothing else, it could at least stop the tree Kazo was in from catching the fire she'd created. Luckily, a bit of rain didn't interfere with her new and completely improvised plan. Normally she'd just fire off a Dragon Pulse and deal with all the boars at once like that, but Ari was now in the way. Which meant that instead, the dragon power that would normally shoot out of her mouth was instead gathering around her hands. And with that power, Kah charged forth. This whole mess was a bit of an Outrage, and Kah would respond appropriately.

"Hope you like bacon!" Kah grinned.

FxSKOUs.png

"You can do this, Fawkes!"

She's right! I can do this! Before Fawkes could let loose another attack, however, the Koffing launched a glob of sludge at Fawkes. The glob hit her square in the chest, knocking her back down and smelling really bad. It was too late to try giving up now though. She'd already shown that she was going to fight; running away would just get her killed.

"You really don't learn, do you?"

Fawkes cast her gaze over to where Easter was attacked by the Carnivine. Her response? Another Psyshock onto the Carnivine. Perfect! Fawkes let the Copycat skills within her do their thing yet again, as her hands once again glowed with a psychic energy before unleashing an attack upon the Koffing that had attacked her.

Team Showdown, Day 11, Fryst Dungeons

"The only thing I'm a victim of is blabbermouth....friends." Isole muttered from her spot on the floor.

"Well you see, Ms. I was with a band of pirates and didn't tell my passengers until after we had arrived, over there got us into this whole thing.  HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TA' KNOW THE S.S. Showdown CREW WERE A BUNCH OF PIRATES!?!?"

"You'd think the giant pirate flag would have given you a clue." This was all so stupid.

"So yeah...we fought the law and the law one.  I would've asked you how you got here, but it's not like I care.  So why don't you mind your business?"

Seeing as the conversation seemed to either be ending or going down a troublesome path... "I'm going to sleep." Isole said before heading for the corner and closing her eyes.

As she did she shuddered. Knowing that she was likely going to die when the trial happened. All she wanted was to see the world without the stigma of her time before the S.S. Showdown tainting everything....

------

"My daughter is not the only person I care about,"

"Yes." The Lord of Fryst said, obviously annoyed at the man not getting the point. "But she is someone to keep in mind when speaking to the Lord of the city she lives in."

"Though please... at the very least let me speak to her, before you do anything. I have my suspicions where the rod may be, but we'll need to converse before I can confirm anything."

He seemed to be tempted to deny him but, in the end, shrugged. "Very well. There's nothing you can do beyond that anyway. Go ahead and speak to them." He gestured towards the tower, which opened up at his words, and Cabrakan was led down to the dungeon by one of the Poliwrath guards, who left the moment Cabrakan descended the stairs. He would arrive just as Isole made her resolution to sleep.

Meanwhile, above ground, the Lord turned to his Cofagrigus captain. "Watch them. From the shadows, of course."

The Cofagrigus grinned and nodded, fading into shadows right before the Lord's very eyes.

Team Mac, Day 14, Two Days from Southshore

The boars squealed in anger and pain as they failed to catch Kazo. Their skin was crackling, a foul odor of burnt skin and hair arose from them as the flames continued to savage their bodies. They spun in circles, even while burning alive, searching for something to take their anger out on.

That's when Ari struck one of them from the side. It didn't move much but, as it was more focused on the fire, it ended up toppling over, with Ari falling atop of the beast.

The rain that fell seemed to soothe the pain from the boars. However it didn't fully douse the fire, either, and so it wasn't as much relief as was needed. It didn't stop them from turning on Ari when they noticed his attack.

Then Kah came in, attacking the boars brutally with her fists alone. The flames did little to harm the girl as the boars, not counting the one under Ari, were pummeled to death right then and there.

Mac twitched, seeing Kah's response to her attack, and realizing she hadn't so much as given her words a second thought.

As she saw Kah move towards the boars she began to Charge energy and, once she saw that Kah had no intentions of holding back on the wounded animals, she unleashed a Thundershock at her, landing an attack that, while not very strong, was still a Critical Hit. "Don't ignore me!" Mac shouted, adjusting her stance to one ready for fighting. She glared intensely at the Dragon and didn't flinch away. "That was too far!"

-----

Bea, Southshore

As she opened the door Bea would realize that this building only had two rooms. The one she left, which barely had room for more than a dresser and bed, and the one she entered. The room wasn't much bigger, and with a low ceiling, but it seemed to be taken up mostly by a large table right in the middle. Off to the side was a cot that looked like it had been recently used and, if Bea thought about it, she'd realize that the bed she had been in seemed to have not been used in a long time. There were several chairs around the table and, in front of each, bowls. At the far end of the room is where the smell came from.

The elderly Politoed, a squat, lumpy looking man with a single, blonde, hair sticking from his head, was standing on a stool and stirring a giant pot of what would be revealed to be seafood gumbo.

When he heard the door open he turned to Bea and grinned, his smile stretching all the way across his face, and beckoned her closer. "Ello lass, didn't think ya would be up no I didn't. Set myself to finish this gumbo for when you woke, but now you woke, and it ain't finished, embarrassing." He laughed and then nodded at the chair nearest him. "Sit yourself down if you feel so inclined, be a bit yet."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 14, One day from Coldharbor

The Carnivine seemed comically surprised their amazing attack hadn't done much to harm the demon-queen Sylveon. The attack she unleashed upon him hurt a lot but he was still standing. Or, rather, floating. He could hardly stir up the energy to move, though, and settled for staying in place and lashing out with his vines again. They wrapped themselves around the Sylveon's body, pinning her arms to her sides, and he began to squeeze, laughing as he believed he had stopped her onslaught.

The Koffing, having already been hit by a Swift from someone much higher level than he, and now a second Psyshock, wasn't so lucky. He pitched forward in a last ditch attempt and fell unconscious on top of Fawkes.

Dora let out a sigh of relief as Brooke began to breath better and she looked around. "Waz going on?"

------

"Are you okay?"

The Octillerly looked up at Denku with tears in her eyes. This man had saved her...more than once! He was. He was... "You're my hero!" She shouted and gave him a big kiss on the cheek.

However around them it was still chaotic. Some people had managed to leave the city but there were plenty who were unable to, or who refused to leave their homes behind. Among them was a young Frogadier who had taken it upon him to fight back.

He seemed to have decided that Kyurem was the bad guy here and, standing on top of a falling apart building, launched a pair of Water Shuriken at the rampaging legend. The attack seemed to not do any damage but it did get Kyurem to take notice of the boy. It launched yet another Dragon Pulse, this one heading straight for the young Water type.

Team Karaoke A, Day 10, Guard Shack

"Sorry, I'm not her. In fact, that's not a name I expected anyone here to still remember. But since you remembered her, can I ask your name? Maybe tell her you send your regards when I go home next?"

"You know her then? A relative? Hmm. Yes, name's Duncan. She was a fine woman, still is, I bet! Does she still do that thing? With her hands? When she talks?" He chuckled a bit and winced again in pain. Once Clotilde went to work he seemed to relax. "Ah, treated by a lovely lady, almost would say I'm lucky to have gotten hurt. Not often an old man like me gets this kind of service!"

Gwen was relieved to find that they had agreed with her decision to wait it out until tomorrow. The guard made her nervous. Not that he seemed dangerous but the fact that an elder guard was hurt like that meant that this was most certainly a serious threat. Not just in one place. But all over.

However it looked like Clotilde had it covered. Gwen smiled with appreciation and admiration at the way she worked, though it would be hard to notice it with Lok's flames barely lighting the area up.

Gwen had an idea and, rooting around while listening to Clotilde's story, found a metal bin with some trash inside of it. Checking in it she was pleased to see it was mostly just an assortment of papers. She held it out to Lok. "Here, dear, light this with your wisp. That might help."

While she was curious as to the ending of Clotilde's story, Gwen did wonder, out loud, about why maids needed to be so strong in the first place.

When Lok began his story Gwen chuckled, embarrassed, remembering her attempts at peace-keeping. When he got to the Camerupt, Gwen's eyes started to glaze over in memory. It was the first time she had seen such a brutal death. Seen how terrible this world could be. "So much fighting. So much pain." She muttered darkly. Lok's apology snapped her out of it and she smiled, somewhat shakily, at him.

"Don't worry, it's okay, I understand. So many things have happened....Oh, here. I have a story as well. Well it's not much of a story but..." Gwen looked around for her bag. She pulled out the small pillow she had inside of it.

"I had forgotten where I got this exactly but, after meeting...er, after the slums, it came to me. I was leaving my home, in Alpha, when I started to realize I was having nightmares...terrible nightmares." She coughed, awkwardly pushing past the thought. "Anyway it was during one of these that I was woken up by an unusual pinkish light. A lady appeared before me. She said...something about banishing the darkness in one's heart. I think it was 'Everyone had evil in them. But, thankfully, everyone can also make a choice of letting it grow or making it sleep.' She gave me this pillow, telling me it would help me sleep at night. And ever since then I've only slept while using it. And no nightmares, isn't that something? I bet she was some kind of priestess, like that one Chimecho girl we met, remember, Lok?"

------

Team Karaoke B, Day 10, Storage Shed

Fiona struggled against the Fearow but, with all the excitement of the day, she had been quite worn out. On top of that she realized she was feeling much weaker than she normally was.

She noticed slight movement as someone entered the building. They launched a rather unusual fire attack on the leader of the group, a Weavile, who was struck and, caught off guard, taken down with that single attack.

The Fearow reacted quickly, though. As Whisper entered the room, the one not holding onto Fiona spread his wings and began to flap, Defogging the smoke cover away.

Once they saw who it was standing there and, realized what she was wearing, the two knew immediately they had to leave right then and there. The one who had Defogged turned to the wall and attacked with, startlingly, a Hyper Beam. Using two moves in a row that, naturally, Fearow can't learn and would usually only come from TMs. Something that might seem odd for a random thug to have.
However that didn't matter for the situation. What mattered was the Fearow had blown a hole in the wall and the other one was using it to take off. Once out of the building they spread their wings to fly out of the area.

Kazo sat in the tree, watching as Mac was about to fight Kah. That wasn't good. Chick fights never ended well. The best idea was to just stay up here and out of the way. Getting in between that hot mess would be a horrible idea.

Oh, hang on. Ari was still down there. This was not a good thing. The blue dragon leapt down from the tree, looking at the young lion on top of the boar. Taking a deep breath, Kazo used Iron Head and headbutted the boar before grabbing Ari and scrambling back up the tree.

Safe again. Now to wait out this storm.

The woman had tears in her eyes? Why? What exactly happened? Did he not stick the landing as well as he thought? Dammit Denku, why couldn't you be perfect right from the---. 

"You're my hero!" She shouted before kissing him on the cheek. Denku was shocked, to say the least. He didn't think he did anything that heroic, but he wouldn't argue with her. He gently set the woman down before looking around. There was so many people... he couldn't do this on his own, and for some reason people didn't want to help. Coldhabor seemed to give their own the cold shoulder. 

Heroic Rescue

And then he saw it. A young Frogadier had climbed a damaged building and decided to attack the powerful ice man. He groaned and ran off, using his pressured air to leap up onto the rooftops.  Taking leaps from roof to roof, he soon closed the distance... but then the ice man fired a Dragon Pulse. Denku was not going to attempt to even try to tank that. He jumped up to be on an even level with the Frogadier, and let out all his air at once, blasting through the air at high speed and tackling the young one off of the roof. Denku then twisted his body in the air, allowing himself to smash into the ground while the Frogadier was on top, hopefully cushioning the blow.

With a groan, he got the young frog off of him and stood up. "What were you thinking?! You think that you could even dent something like---?" He sighed and closed his eyes, thinking to himself and trying to calm down. They probably lived here, and they were watching their town being destroyed. Of course they were trying to attack the ones they deemed to be the villains. "Look," He said in a calmer voice. "You want to be a hero and save your town?" He turned, pointing to the people that were trapped, and to the ones that were injured. "Save them first. Buildings and material things can be rebuilt, but life is a precious thing that can never replaced. Be a true hero, okay?"

With that, he ran off, his cape fluttering behind him. As he ran to the closest person that needed help, he mentally was kicking himself. What the hell was that speech? Being a true hero? What would someone like him know about that? Still, if it kept that Frogadier from doing a suicide mission, he supposed he said the right thing after all.

Man, the encounter with Xerneas and Jabari really changed him, didn't it? Next, he'd make sappy speeches or something. 

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the guard seemed to wonder his relation to Orba, Nine chuckled a bit and said,"yeah, close relative to her." He simply chuckled a bit more as Duncan, the Lucario, had continued to talk about the female lucario fondly. After that, he was being attended to by Clotilde, who had managed to find some medical supplies, the group had begun to share their stories. First came the aggron's tale, a riveting one about her time in maid academy. As heavenly a place as that sounded, Nine was surprised as he listened more and more to the story. For a place that dedicated to the training of people in the service industry, it sounded far more hardcore than he would have ever imagined. Nevertheless, as the story seemed to be getting to its climax, he was becoming skeptical as to whether or not this story had a happy ending or not, and her abrupt ending did nothing to alleviate this. 

While curious, he wasn't sure how well it did to lift the mood, but the others seemed enthralled by it. After that was over and done with, the Rotom boy went on to talk about his story. At the beginning it was a pleasant one, and hearing that Heather was still doing Heather things brought a smile to his face. It was interesting to think that the Chasers here seemed pretty close, and yet they hadn't actually been together for all that long, though from experience he knew that mere days of adventuring could feel like weeks, maybe months, when things were happening. Though while he was hearing about it, he had then realized that he missed a festival that was happening in Juyu, which disappointed him a tad, only to then see that Lok's story was quickly going downhill. He started talking about a fight that he and others had against some kind of cammerupt, and he seemed lost in what seemed to be some kind of horrifying memory. While he had managed to get to the ending of his story, Nine was a bit worried about the kid, and even more so about him continuing his life of Chasing.

While that was a discussion for a different time, the next story was brought up. This time by Gwen. As she recounted a tale of hers, one that occurred around the start time of her chasing, there was something odd about what she was talking about. Hearing about the figure and what they had done for her, he knew it definitely sounded familiar, and while he wanted to press her for more, now was not the time for straight Chasing business. Thankfully, the mood seemed to raise a bit, as this story actually ended on a happy note. With that, after Lok had responded to Gwen, it had become Nine's turn.

"Well, let's see, what do I have to share." Thinking about it for a moment, he had landed on one that he thought was good. "Yeah, I guess I'll tell you guys about one of the more interesting people I've met in my travels. Was at least a few years ago, back when I was a younger man, but still traveling around as I do today. Well, one trip I had had me crossing the sea, between Coldharbor and Oasis, a pretty standard boat ride, bit rowdy though. Anyway, this one time I was at sea, there was someone else who was on the boat with me. A Sylveon, lovely looking lady she was. So, I did what most young hounds my age would do and I tried to get to know them. You know, talk about who they were, where they were from, maybe a little flirting. And as I talked to them I realized something. Turns out the frilly dressed female, was actually a male."

Mock slapping his forehead he jokingly said, "I know, Exeggcute on my face for not noticing sooner. Other fun fact, they were really aggressive and really wanted to fight me. Naturally I declined but they did not take no for an answer. So, I did my best to avoid them, playing this game of cat and mouse, or fox and hound, for the rest of the boat ride. It was great, hiding in places like under beds, in storage boxes, even in their room at some point and even a trash can. If there was empty space, I found a way to fit myself into it." After letting the imagery set in for a bit he then went on to his conclusion. "Once the ride was coming to its end, the Sylveon seemed really vengeful towards me and so, with barely any time left, I accepted his challenge. And so telling him I'd meet him on the deck of the ship, and told him when I'd be there, he agreed and let me be. And so, when the time came, the boat had reached land, I got off and with a wave, left the poor male maiden with a longing in their heart, never to actually fight me." Clapping his hands together he said, "and that just goes to show you to never judge a book by its cover, because you have no idea what kind of contents are inside."

kMykmrI.png

Ari squinted his eyes open in surprise when he wasn't immediately attacked back. Looking down, he saw the boar he was on top of, already injured by the fire, had fallen down, and him on top of it. Nearby, Kah grinned, power gathering around her fists. "Hope you like bacon!" With each punch, a boar went down, till the only one left alive was the one he had Tackled.

About to thank her for the help, he stopped when he saw a bright yellow bolt of electricity strike the dragon. "Don't ignore me!" Mac shouted, adjusting her stance to one ready for fighting. She glared intensely at the Dragon and didn't flinch away. "That was too far!"

Too far? Ari didn't really understand that. They were just boars, right? Plus, they had been about to attack. Well, they probably wouldn't have attacked if they didn't attack them first. But still, he had heard stories about boar attacks. About gijinka being stabbed by their wicked tusks. But they were super yummy. Along with wildebeest and zebra.

And then Kazo came down and bashed the one he was sitting on, before scurrying back up the tree with him. At this, the lion cub's voice returned to him. "Th-thanks," he muttered, a little shocked at everything happening at the moment. Mac had never shown signs of wanting to attack anybody before, so why now? Because of the boars? He decided to ask. "Mac, why are you doing this?" he called down.

Suiten, on the other hand, had more of an idea of what was going on. While he did not disapprove of Kah's actions, he could understand why someone else would. Mac was an idealist, and to her, attacking somebody who did not fight back first was not an action that could be condoned, even if it was an animal. However, Kah was doing all she could to protect the group as its strongest member. With two children to watch out for, one had to be ready to fight. Now, as to why she had continued fighting, it was probably because she was hungry. Dragons tended to have voracious appetites.

The Samurott decided to step back and see how things would escalate. No way was he getting in the middle of this.

tRCh4Z6.png

8mvNFQT.png

Easter had thought that that attack would be enough to bring the Carnivine down. Or at least enough to make him stop trying to attack him. The Sylveon didn't have time for this. He needed to keep an eye on Fawkes, make sure the kit was all right, as well as check on Dora and Brooke. He then noticed that Fawkes had defeated her own opponent, and relaxed slightly at that. He could now concentrate fully on the gijinka in front of him. Take the grass type's attention off the kit, and have fun at the same time. He couldn't resist teasing the poor, poor man after all. So out of his league, he was.

"My, my," he purred, not even trying to wriggle out of the vines. He was used to the feeling, though it was generally the other way around. His feelers extended themselves to the Carnivine's head, trailing sensually down to the neck, giving off a relaxing aura. "I didn't realize you...felt that way about me," he giggled. "Kinky to boot. Well, I'd love to stay and play, but you know, places to be, gijinka to destroy. So if you would..." the feelers coiled around the neck in a tight chokehold, "let go, that would be appreciated." He bared a razor-sharp grin. "Or I could hit you point-blank with a Moonblast. What will it be, hmm?" he hummed mildly, as if he had asked the grass type to choose between chocolate and vanilla.

Jjj76h5.png

Well, this was an enlightening experience. Whoever these Fearow were working for must be wealthy indeed for them to have access to such techniques as they used there. Of course, Whisper thought it better not to risk letting them get too far. So she swung her weapon twice, sending a pair of those blindingly bright blades of light arcing across the warehouse and towards them. She first targeted the one that had not used any move, as that was the one she had to worry the most about getting out of range quickly. The one that had destroyed the wall she struck at after, knowing that most who used techniques as powerful as that one had to wait for a short time before they could act again. While it would be ideal if they dropped after the first strike, there might just be some use for them if they were only wounded. In the mean time, she turned her attention to the girl who had been accosted by the Fearow.

"Would you be so kind," she stepped across the room, lifting her weapon up to rest the flat of the blade against her shoulder, "as to explain what it was that you did to warrant such a trio as them coming after you? Oh, do not worry yourself. I have no reason to kill you. So...perhaps it would be a good idea for you to not change that." She giggled at her own joke, not particularly concerned if it unsettled the girl or not. Though she did have the forethought to turn her gaze back towards the doorway to the warehouse and the newly made hole in the side of it. "It would further be a good idea if we were to find somewhere else. I suspect that you do not want the attention that comes with being inside of a half-exploded building."

wA0yiK8.png
Team Showdown
Fryst

"Very well. There's nothing you can do beyond that, anyway. Go ahead and speak to them," Cabrakan nodded towards the lord in acknowledgement, and followed the two Poliwrath's lead down towards the dungeons. Sure enough, he could see that Scarlet, Taiga and Isole were all down there together. But the latter's eyes were closed, indicating that she was resting at the very least, and there was a fourth girl that was in the same cell. Cabrakan wasn't sure about this stranger, and certainly couldn't trust that she'd keep whatever information he gave the others to herself. With a brief sigh, he gave his news.

"So I managed to get a word in with the lord," he began, "And he maybe willing to let the two of you out after all, Taiga and Scarlet. Unfortunately, he's adamant about detaining Isole for however long he will. She's gonna be stuck in here for quite some time yet."

Cabrakan let that sink in for a moment, eyeing this new person in his pause to see her reaction.

"On top of that, he'd only let you two out on one condition; we'd have to help him... recover, a certain artifact for him. No prizes for guessing what that might be," he added, "Thankfully he said nothing about any form of time-frame as of yet. Though that's most definitely subject to change..."

Wanting to stay as long as he could with everyone, Cabrakan continued to stand just outside their cell. He had to think of a way to get them out, but at the same time, he had to ensure that none of the wrong people caught wind of any plan that he could possibly come up with. Looking from side to side to confirm whether he was alone or not, he leaned on a wall that it would be safe to lean on, as he delved into his own thoughts.

FipiFwE.png

As she was having her fun with the flaming boars, Kah felt something strike her. Something electric. It didn't hit very hard, but for a weak attack, it sure did sting. It had to be Mac. "Don't ignore me!" Yes, it was Mac. The rest of the boars were dealt with in short order, allowing Kah to finally divert her attention from them to the Helioptile that was now attacking Kah. And just what is she trying to accomplish like this?

"That was too far!"

Too far? Igniting the boars? Given the situation the group was in, Kah begged to differ. There was a bug freak on the loose with a bone to pick against the group (minus Suiten), and if Kah knew bugs, they just loved to suddenly jump out of hiding, being good for little more than surprise attacks. Getting the drop on them before they could on her was important, seeing as the only one strong enough to fight said bug freak was Kah herself, and maybe Suiten. She didn't expect Mac to get the extra caution one had to take as the only capable fighter, or one of only two out of five team members. However, knowing what she knew of Mac thus far, Mac wouldn't take a non-answer.

"I'm not gonna fight you if that's what you're looking for," Kah shrugged, taking a step or two back and seating herself atop one of the dead boars. Patting the side of her new chair, she explained her actions with "These boars were probably just curious, sure. But there's also a powerful freak out there who wants our heads, and I can't risk him making a surprise attack, on me or you. Besides, dragons gotta eat, and my kind are especially voracious." Turning her head upward to the boys in the tree, Kah called out "Isn't that right, Kazo?"

FxSKOUs.png

Fawkes was successful in defeating the Koffing! However, in his last-ditch effort, he fell atop Fawkes. Fawkes, being tiny and pretty weak, couldn't really do much to lift the goon off her, but it wasn't like she couldn't breathe down here. Although she continued her efforts to roll the Koffing over or something, Fawkes instead turned her eyes to the confrontation between the Carnivine and Easter. She seemed to have things under control. That was good.

"U, uh...?"

It took Alleria a little bit long to feel that the warmth from Fiona's aroused body was not around her anymore. Detecting the disturbance in her brief sleep, she groggily opened her eyes only to notice that a fight broke out around her. The fatigue from everything she did today weighed in heavily on her - Alleria was barely able to even react to the happening, simply choosing to get herself up for now. The fact that these people saw her naked while Alleria only wanted Fiona to see her like this would have annoyed her more if she was currently in a position to complain more-

The thought of Fiona brought her half-asleep self crashing back down on earth. Fiona's gone, but where? She caught a glimpse of purple at the corners of her eye, and as if the adrenaline inside of her got pumped into her blood vessels directly, Alleria achieved a temporary moment of clarity to notice that two Fearows were taking a struggling Fiona away. Alleria's vision darkened at the sight, and her dragon flames formed her signature talons around of her hands. She was ready to take off and assault them when she noticed a...ah, a Dark type in a mysterious garb attacked the Fearows before she could, and it seemed that the Dark-type was able to save Fiona since Alleria saw them talking to each other. Still on the edge and ready to attack at any moment with the view of her lover talking to someone else, Alleria approached the two...only to see the face of the Dark-type, and felt a certain kind of nostalgia about it. Perhaps she had seen her somewhere? Nevertheless, the unexpected feeling of familiarity helped Alleria to calm down a little bit. With danger still lurking around, Alleria didn't bother to pick up her dress just yet, and she decided to just talk to the Dark-type immediately.

"U-uhhhh, thank you for saving her. Though...have we met before? But nevermind that, you're right. It's not the best place to hide now that we got caught here. Let's find a safe spot first unless we really need to make sure that these three had no one else backing them up.

I'm Alleria by the way. Nice to meet you."

"...Okay, that's just ridiculous."

Fia was quite concerned that at least one of them was a pirate of some sort. And she was also concerned that the ones that weren't aware of that fact and rode along with the ship didn't notice the fact until it's too late. Moreover, it seemed that the three of them were too busy choosing to sulk rather than actually figuring out something to do with their situation. As much as Fia believed that their situation was still deserving enough of being jailed compared to her own case, if they believed that they shouldn't have been there, then at least they should've actually try figuring out a way to get out or some arguments to get themselves out. Having the three just sulk like this was quite disgusting. Before Fia could say anything else though, someone else entered the scene.

"So I managed to get a word in with the lord, And he maybe willing to let the two of you out after all, Taiga and Scarlet. Unfortunately, he's adamant about detaining Isole for however long he will. She's gonna be stuck in here for quite some time yet."

Okay that was convenient.

"On top of that, he'd only let you two out on one condition; we'd have to help him... recover, a certain artifact for him. No prizes for guessing what that might be. Thankfully he said nothing about any form of time-frame as of yet. Though that's most definitely subject to change..."

"Sounds interesting!" Sounding as if she was a part of who the chandelier were talking with, Fia raised her voice to show some excitement. That would be an excuse for her to leave. It's hard to motivate herself to try escaping before, especially with her still being grumpy about her cause of arrest, but with how she could ride along this momentum, it might be best to follow this group, whether they liked it or not. It was a pity that meeting with her had to be delayed again, but at least once she's done with all this she could pay the girl a visit before continuing her way to seek out the Rainbow Phoenix. Or perhaps she could stick with this group for longer. Missing the fact that they're riding a pirate ship might be a bit worrying when it came to their ability to find the way, but eh, couldn't be worse than her.

Fate had made its decision, and the road had been presented to her. As one that had been chained by it since the day she was born, it's not like she had any choice but to follow this path anytime it presented itself to her.

Archived