Tentative Thoughts on 2015 Monsters

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Decided to change the title to mirror Black's BOSH thread.

Shini the Scaremeister: Incredibly nonexistent, due to Kate being gone for pretty much the whole event. Had 1 in-character post, to my knowledge, and even that didn’t contain much.

Orcus: Felt like they were trying a tad bit too hard, but in all honesty that isn’t a fair complaint. Was really reminiscent of Nazara last year, who ended up as my favorite monster, all considering. Would have been among my favorites if you stuck with it, Zai.

Grim: Honestly… pretty awesome, especially considering it is by a newer member. Did a lot of fun interaction with other monsters early on, creating some fun dynamics (especially for me). Unfortunately, it didn’t really stay together, and activity really dropped later on in the event.

Ex Machina: The only monster with more technical slip-ups than myself. Was an absolute mess early on, but with some guidance from an extremely wise triangle, he managed to pull himself together into something pretty dope, I’d say.

Carrie Krueger: Despite how tempted I am to fill this with flirtatious sheet, that really all was a method to try to make you slip up and figure out who you are. Anyway, as for how you did in the event, I really really enjoyed it! Great activity, with a few fun threads. You didn’t interact much outside your own threads till the second week, but once you did, things only got better. Sorry if I bothered you at all, it was all in good fun.

Hades: Ach Puch was a mess. Like, hardly anyone got it, and the gimmick was awkward. Luckily, it only took a few days for you to fix that up, and you became a monster that cemented itself as one of my favorites, staying in character very well up till the end.

Mnemosyne Callas: You had like 3 posts, so I don’t know what else to say.

Swedish Chef: You rocked it, Neph. I don’t care if people didn’t understand you, it was funking glorious. You stayed upbeat and excited, and though your activity wasn’t too high, you made for an excellent monster to have around. Something I would have enjoyed you didn’t do is daily cooking videos, using segments from the original Muppets show (there is tons of stuff you can find on YouTube). Also, Microsoft word correct muppets to Muppets and that makes me incredibly happy.

Black Enforcer: I honestly am kinda torn up on this one. See, the idea was interesting, and taking Black’s member title was brilliant, but you kinda just stayed in your own threads. Like, if you were a super hero, why didn’t you go anywhere near the monsters threatening to destroy everything?

Foxy the Pirate: Gonna be straight with you here, I really was not a fan of the direction you went with this. I think that foxy could have had a really cool ominous horror kinda deal, like how your header image was originally going to go, but instead you just went cutesy. Not saying anything you did was wrong, just that I wasn’t much of a fan.

The Hash-Slinging Slasher: Pretty clearly Garland, despite Yui trying to fool me otherwise, but that isn’t really what this thread is about. The posts early on seemed forced, since the character didn’t have too much gimmick aside from what little was shown in the episode, so all the posts kinda just turned out the same. Really just the nature of the beat, with a monster like that. Inactivity certainly didn’t help matters.

Plumpkin: Didn’t really see any posts by this one, so I can’t really comment.

Gruntinda Winkybunion: The rhymes were totally freaking awesome. The character was pretty cool to see in action, and seeing entire threads unfold in prose blew my mind. Only reason I didn’t interact more is because I felt obligated to rhyme while doing so.

Nox Decious: So, the thing with this monster is that it tried to do too much with too little. Like, you kinda faded into ambiguity early on, and, like many others, stuck too much in your own threads, preventing large amounts of interaction. Coupled with general inactivity, it made the sudden “lol I’m attacking” come off awkward, in my opinion.

Korosensei: While I’d say it was obvious that it was you, Komaeda, you did a fantastic job with this monster. You managed to fully incorporate the monster dueling into your character, and actually managed to teach a lot of members stuff (some how to use their decks better, others how to view themselves). Though we didn’t get a duel in during the two weeks (either with me as Bill or myself) I would love to go a round or two when you feel like it.

Norm the Genie: This is actually something cowcow and I discussed briefly. For you to be critical of other monsters’’ performances, then go inactive for a large period of time before doing things that made it clear you were you… It was grating, to say the least.

Scarecrow: Didn’t really see you do much, due to generally staying in your own threads. This is a things a lot of monsters needed to understand: if your threads aren’t active enough, bring your monster into other threads.

Carl: So, in concept it was pretty cool, and you did great to stay in-character and had a great execution (the undertale joke was brilliant), the biggest issue was certainly lack of interaction with other members.

John Cena/Luna Somethingjapanese: Cool monster in concept, lost in execution, for John Cena. It really did suck for you to have so little fun with the event, but watching the duel with Black was really really cool, with the characters portrayed.

Thousand-Eyes Restrict: Didn’t really do much aside from that one thread, which kinda just amounted to a lot of *steals soul* which I am frankly never a fan of.

Tsumugi Shiraui: Well, from a social aspect, definitely good enough to attract my attention to the point of upsetting a certain other, but the concept of the monster (mixing together two of the best monsters last year) just felt really uncreative, honestly. There were also inconsistencies with your portrayal of the character, but none of those were too big of issues.

Bill Cipher: I was funking terrible at knowing which account I was logged into while posting.

Count Vlad Ţepeş Dracula: Came in late, and didn’t really do much that caught my eye for the two weeks. A shame, really.

The Ghostwriter: In character, most everything was great, but I was really bothered by trying to rationalize unsporting behavior. Like, that legitimately bothered me that you couldn’t just go “oh, sorry” and play the game like most everyone else.

Toffee: A really fun character idea, but the primary issue is that its very nature limited it to what others were already doing. Even so, the execution was awesome and I was glad to have him as one of Bill’s minions.

Baalmon: Character felt sort of awkward, like you didn’t know yourself what you wanted to do with it (hence me pulling you into the weirdmageddon). Showed your true colors when you called Hades’s judgment of your card into question, and using the monster account to have two cracks at Bill on the last day really bothered me, since it was clear what I was aiming for, with it.

Gavrill Madaraki: Didn’t do much, but what was done was really entertaining, and gave me a few laughs. If you were more active, you probably would have taken Baalmon’s place in the Weirdmageddon.

I told you: The anti-hero had to fall. That's part of the show. Like Aporia and Z-ONE.

You really think I'd sack Devyaty for Monster Gate when opp's on the ropes? You can ask Cow, because the. Already knew my identity, told him, as I made the challenge as Beelzebumon, that i was purposely playing it up at the end, not taking two swings.

As for Striker... Yeah that was a slip. Annoying that Striker has never really improved flavor sense.

I'm not sure how to describe it, but it actually feels kinda good seeing you have about the same oppinion of my performance as Scarecrow as I have myself :P

While I'm a huge fan of the character, particularly the Arkham Knight interpertation, I picked him much more quickly then I should've and because of it eded up with a almost unusable account since I didnt know how to act as him and didnt know another character I could switch into. Also a severe burnout because of real-life events I'd rather not talk about sure didnt help in motivating me to post, while having maybe three sections, one of which I stayed away from on principle (http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/342551-in-regards-to-the-monsters-in-more-serious-topics/, to sum it all up), where I could actually post relevant stuff and as the character sure didnt help XD

I have some new ideas for next year, and gonna make sure to practise properly this time for them :P

Carrie Krueger: Despite how tempted I am to fill this with flirtatious sheet, that really all was a method to try to make you slip up and figure out who you are. Anyway, as for how you did in the event, I really really enjoyed it! Great activity, with a few fun threads. You didn’t interact much outside your own threads till the second week, but once you did, things only got better. Sorry if I bothered you at all, it was all in good fun.

funk man dont worry it was most certainly all in good fun, hell if I didnt like the interactions then I wouldve never milked it out so much. Yeah I noticed that my activity wasnt the greatest at first and I didnt want the same thing to happen with Black Cat so I used every bit of interaction to my advantage and tried to create a monster that was memorable and not easy to guess which it seems I had succeeded at. It would have been harder for me to achieve this if it werent for you being a total creep to Carrie, so for that I give you an Asian thumbs up

kEdyJrz.gif

thank you bruh

Ex Machina: The only monster with more technical slip-ups than myself. Was an absolute mess early on, but with some guidance from an extremely wise triangle, he managed to pull himself together into something pretty dope, I’d say.

Funny, a little yellow triangle found our identity early one and helped us get a sense of what to do in the time we had. Never got a chance to thank him. If you ever meet him, could you convey our gratitude? :3

Srsly tho. Trainwreck. You saved some of it atleast

The Hash-Slinging Slasher: Pretty clearly Garland, despite Yui trying to fool me otherwise, but that isn’t really what this thread is about. The posts early on seemed forced, since the character didn’t have too much gimmick aside from what little was shown in the episode, so all the posts kinda just turned out the same. Really just the nature of the beat, with a monster like that. Inactivity certainly didn’t help matters.

And here I thought you actually thought I was Hash.

Gruntinda Winkybunion: The rhymes were totally freaking awesome. The character was pretty cool to see in action, and seeing entire threads unfold in prose blew my mind. Only reason I didn’t interact more is because I felt obligated to rhyme while doing so.

That sheet wasn't easy; it was pretty damn tough.

But I'm glad to hear I did well enough.

Tsumugi Shiraui: Well, from a social aspect, definitely good enough to attract my attention to the point of upsetting a certain other, but the concept of the monster (mixing together two of the best monsters last year) just felt really uncreative, honestly. There were also inconsistencies with your portrayal of the character, but none of those were too big of issues.

You know...you pretty much knew who I was since the beginning.

You could've...I don't know...HELPED ME. >w<

Also, since you complained about me joining Weirdmageddon on my own on Skype, it was a dead giveaway that you were Bill.

Carl: So, in concept it was pretty cool, and you did great to stay in-character and had a great execution (the undertale joke was brilliant), the biggest issue was certainly lack of interaction with other members.

I tried.

You know...you pretty much knew who I was since the beginning.

You could've...I don't know...HELPED ME. >w

Also, since you complained about me joining Weirdmageddon on my own on Skype, it was a dead giveaway that you were Bill.

I was working on my monster, and I was leaving you to yours. You shouldn't expect everyone to go out of their way for you.

And "joined" is a stretch. As for identity, who cares?

I was working on my monster, and I was leaving you to yours. You shouldn't expect everyone to go out of their way for you.

And "joined" is a stretch. As for identity, who cares?

It just hurts to know that, throughout the entire event, you knew my performance was flawed and imperfect, yet said nothing and instead waited until the event was over to say anything.

It just hurts to know that, throughout the entire event, you knew my performance was flawed and imperfect, yet said nothing and instead waited until the event was over to say anything.

Just be like me or Hades then?

We were both sheet to start, and I was pretty much sheet throughout. Nobody cares. It's a fun event, and I regret nothing. Was I the best monster?

9nCZIPI.jpg

Does anyone care? Nope

Just be like me or Hades then?

We were both sheet to start, and I was pretty much sheet throughout. Nobody cares. It's a fun event, and I regret nothing. Was I the best monster?

9nCZIPI.jpg

Does anyone care? Nope

I didn't care whether or not I was the best monster. What matters to me is that I could've been better, and someone I regard as a friend had ample opportunity to help me with that.

I didn't care whether or not I was the best monster. What matters to me is that I could've been better, and someone I regard as a friend had ample opportunity to help me with that.

h5NaOUJ.gif

So you didn't do your best apparently.  Neither did I, but Zai (the only other person who knew I was Grunty from the start) didn't say "Hey Yui you should be more active".  Inversely, I didn't give him, Giga, Neph, or Tayla (all of whom I knew by this point) advice on their monsters.

One's business is precisely that.  One's.  Not two's; we can't all get caught up in one another's monster workings or we'd have no time for our own.  And as such, what you do with and as your monster is your business and your business alone; nobody else's.

h5NaOUJ.gif

So you didn't do your best apparently.  Neither did I, but Zai (the only other person who knew I was Grunty from the start) didn't say "Hey Yui you should be more active".  Inversely, I didn't give him, Giga, Neph, or Tayla (all of whom I knew by this point) advice on their monsters.

One's business is precisely that.  One's.  Not two's; we can't all get caught up in one another's monster workings or we'd have no time for our own.  And as such, what you do with and as your monster is your business and your business alone; nobody else's.

Alright.

I'm sorry.

Archived