Not really? This thing is insanely slow all things considered, and Cloudians just don't have the longevity to wait. Cloudians are pretty much fodder for a Rank 4 deck, though they can do it pretty damn well thanks to Masked Chameleon and Silent Angler.

They're also really good at Acid Golem Swap.

I run this as a 3-of in most of my Cloudian builds. Allows for reliable and steady Fog Counter placement, which Cloudians can otherwise lack, as you cannot always rely on the Counters gained off the Normal Summon or off Storm Dragon to be enough. Fog Control can be nice for instant Counter generation, but you can only use it once, and having to Tribute a Cloudian an make it a very dead draw at times.

However, this card is simply waaaaaaay too slow to be really good.

What Cloudians need is:

Better or faster Fog Counter generation, and/or an extra Normal Summon card.

A searcher (seriously, a RotA-like card would be amazing for their consistency).

A way to accumulate spare Fog Counters on certain monsters, so Cirrostratus and Acid Cloud can destroy more than 1 or 2 cards, as well as making Diamond-Dust Cyclone actually usable.

One time i managed to find a way to stall so neither me or the opponent could do much (ithink we both had our fields full and my opponent mostly controled Xyz at the time) and i managed to stall so long that i activated "Updraft" and inflicted like 30,000+ damage because i had 3 of these out and every monster got 3 a turn :P

Cloudians need a Magical Citadel of Endymion for Fog Counters, and maybe some sort of RotA.

Then again, if Fog Counters ever become good enough and fast and consistent enough, having Cloudians potentially be able to clear your opponent's everywhere with Cirros, Altus, and Poison Cloud and zero OPT clauses, that's very scary. I can picture Wind-up loop-like days and a very gloomy sky with 98% rain probability.

Cloudians need a Magical Citadel of Endymion for Fog Counters, and maybe some sort of RotA.

Then again, if Fog Counters ever become good enough and fast and consistent enough, having Cloudians potentially be able to clear your opponent's everywhere with Cirros, Altus, and Poison Cloud and zero OPT clauses, that's very scary. I can picture Wind-up loop-like days and a very gloomy sky with 98% rain probability.

Or perhaps both in one? A Tenki-ish card for Cloudians that doubles as both an archetype RotA and a Fog Counter generator would be sweet.

I agree that this card would have been much better if it placed the Fog Counter during the Main Phase, or it could have taken an step further and place counters during both player's Main Phases. Really, in my opinion Cloudian is an archetype that has a lot of potential given their the lack of OPT clauses, Rank 4 and even Rank 1 (through Turbulence) plays; all they need is a more efficient way for generating Fog Counters.

Two cards that make Cloudians super annoying: Final Attack Orders & Spirit Barrier. None of them can be destroyed by battle, except maybe one who takes whatever killed him out. Final Attack Orders forces them to stay in ATK Pos, preventing them self-exploding. Meanwhile, Spirit Barrier ensures that the damage bleed-through from being in ATK Pos is nullified.

After a few turns of 3x Squalling, Nimbusman OP

Two cards that make Cloudians super annoying: Final Attack Orders & Spirit Barrier. None of them can be destroyed by battle, except maybe one who takes whatever killed him out. Final Attack Orders forces them to stay in ATK Pos, preventing them self-exploding. Meanwhile, Spirit Barrier ensures that the damage bleed-through from being in ATK Pos is nullified.

After a few turns of 3x Squalling, Nimbusman OP

Add a White Dragon Ninja and you should be set.

Archived