DEATH BATTLE

~British Soul~

Calling it now, if he couldn't beat Vegeta, what chance does Shadow have against Mewtwo?

Playing devil's advocate: the issue is that Mewtwo (from movies exclusively), hasn't shown any real feats of endurance, has he? That's what gave Vegeta his win before as endurance plays a huge part in Death Battles.

The win will probably, again, be based on whether or not Mewtwo can survive Super (Saiyan) Shadow.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chart made me laugh, fight should be good. Still, feel they should have made this Mewtwo vs Sephiroth of FFVII for funsies. 

The big question is whether Mewtwo can outlast Shadow's Super form, as has been mentioned. Shadow couldn't do jackshit to Vegeta (granted, DBZ and Pokemon are on total different playing fields) but his teleport ability was annoying. I'm pretty sure can survive space, and he has good stats so he isn't going down easily.

Calling it now, if he couldn't beat Vegeta, what chance does Shadow have against Mewtwo?

I feel the need to make a comparison here. I haven't been keeping up with either Pokemon, Dragon Ball or the Sonic franchise but it seems to me that when Mewtwo's biggest display of power (if I remember correctly) was creating a big ass storm to kill everyone and Vegeta had at the time of his Death Battle Super Saiyan 2 (so capable of solar system destroying, if Cell's Perfect Kamehameha is an accurate meter), Vegeta is way stronger. DBZ characters, 99% of the time, are going to be so far ahead of the competition you need someone ridiculous to match them

I just don't like the fact that they;re reusing a previous death battle combatant.  I hate Captain America vs Batman for the same reason.  Like...couldn't you figure out anyone else for mewtwo to fight on equal terms with?  For god's sakes they found bucky o' hare to go up against star fox.  

Shadow has this in the bag.  Mega evolution has nothing on super forms.  

Same goes for me. This gives them a second chance to nab victory, which is essentially unfair to others....

Mewtwo should fight agaisnt a psychic master other than Shadow, like Th Emperor from Star Wars?

The Emperor can't fly, and is physically weak. Mewtwo just needs to pick him up and drop him a few times. 

I feel it is more fitting that Mewtwo face an other artificial being instead of another psychic. WHY THE HELL HASN'T SEPHIROTH BEEN USED YET. So, Shadow is a good enough choice. Still feel though, they could have picked someone who hasn't fought.

I'm personally fine with them reusing previous contestants. As long as they don't do it super often to keep things fresh, but considering the gap between reusing Batman and reusing Shadow (unless I'm forgetting someone in between), it doesn't bother me.

I'm also good with Mewtwo vs Shadow since it makes sense, particularly with their origins. 

Playing devil's advocate: the issue is that Mewtwo (from movies exclusively), hasn't shown any real feats of endurance, has he? That's what gave Vegeta his win before as endurance plays a huge part in Death Battles.

The win will probably, again, be based on whether or not Mewtwo can survive Super (Saiyan) Shadow.

I looked over some of Mewtwo's data. The greatest feat of its endurance to my knowledge seems to be getting electrocuted by Giovanni's machines for over five minutes straight. Pretty impressive, considering a 3-second shock from one of team rocket's smaller weapons can keep even a Nidoqueen on the ground with no fight left. While Shadow probably does have the advantage in speed, especially using his super form, Mewtwo can literally erase memories, or even brainwash others from several meters away. Shadow's super form protects him from physical damage, but whether or not it protects him from mental manipulation isn't something I'm sure of yet. 

Another thing about Mewtwo is that it can create psychic force fields so sturdy that they've never been broken as far as I know. The force fields have easily protected against a plethora of robotic arms, Charizard's flamethrower, Mew's collisions, Gyrados's hyper beam, and even four simultaneous techno blasts. It seems Mewtwo's Mega can also slow time, similar to Shadow's chaos control. Shadow's time manipulation is better, since he can actually freeze time, not just slow it down. Mewtwo can negate the "special abilities" of whoever it pleases just by looking at them, such as when it negated the powers of its clone pokemon (and possibly the other pokemon as well, since they didn't fight with any magic-based powers either). Mewtwo didn't negate Mew's powers, but that was likely because of pride. Mewtwo couldn't prove it was better if Mew couldn't fight at its full potential. We could use the same logic to argue that Mewtwo wouldn't negate Shadow's powers, but it's really up to the animators. 

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=I'm Mad...spoilers ahead]

Awful.  Awful death battle all around.  What an easy win for Mewtwo...thinking about it, they only made these two fight based off the fact that they were created in a lab....they didn't take into consideration the abilities of either.  If they had, maybe they would have chosen a better person to battle minds with, instead of Mewtwo just digging into shadows mind to kill him super easy.  

Glad I could see Shadow lose yet again, recycled for no reason.

Mewtwo vs Jean Grey.  That would've been way better.  

[spoiler=I'm Mad...spoilers ahead]

thinking about it, they only made these two fight based off the fact that they were created in a lab....they didn't take into consideration the abilities of either. 

They had more similarities than that, but not much ability-wise.

On a different note, I knew Shadow had lost his memory when he fell to earth in his Super form, but he likely reverted to his normal form a short time before bracing for the actual impact that made him lose his memories. This is because the scene that shows Shadow after the fall depicts him as seemingly being injured. He can't take damage in his super form, so he must have faced the collision in his normal form. There's no real proof as far as I know that the super form is not immune to mental manipulation. 

​[spoiler=Thoughts]Yeah, they could've done so much more with the battle, showcasing more of their abilities 'n junk.

Nevertheless seeing Shadow get spoon'd, was fairly amusing

(again, please keep that stuff in spoiler tags)

Perhaps you should've put the other part of dark_magic_master's post in a spoiler tag, because it was technically a spoiler.

[spoiler=Spoiler]spoon'd.

fix'd for spoiler reasons.

Hopefully the next death battle is more interesting

[spoiler=Thoughts]

I'm disappointed by the lack of action in it, but impressed by it. I think it takes balls to put a correct outcome (Mewtwo as the winner) over the action. Super Shadow was too strong for Mewtwo to take by conventional means, and there wasn't any logic to Mewtwo extending the fight for any reason. You could, of course, make the argument the fight was short and lazy, but still, I liked it. Only obvious logic hole was that as Super Shadow is said to be able to move at light speed, he could move faster then Mewtwo could think and thus kill him before having his memory wiped.

The spoon was funny.

[spoiler=Thoughts]

Only obvious logic hole was that as Super Shadow is said to be able to move at light speed, he could move faster then Mewtwo could think and thus kill him before having his memory wiped.

[spoiler=Other thoughts]As stated by the Death Battle commentators, Shadow is known for being cocky. It makes sense that he wouldn't go all-out, especially since he had no idea of Mewtwo's memory wipe ability.

Archived