Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End

ChaosEmperorDragonEnvoyoftheEnd-VJMP-JP-

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During the turn you activate this card’s effect, you cannot activate other effects. (1) Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; send all cards on the field and in both players’ hands to the Graveyard, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each of your opponent’s cards sent by this effect.

1) Semi Nomi->Nomi
2) No other effects can be activated this turn
3) Only burn for the opponent's cards

I want to say they went too far with the Nomi condition, but without it, CED would still be at 1 due to LPD I think. The card wasn't always trash thought, it was quite potent in Dark Matter Rulers, but with the lack of anything that can really utilize the grave it's faded into obscurity.

Confirmed reprint in OCG's Millennium Pack, so it'll prolly be off the next TCG list or the one after that. I'm not sure, it does pack quite the punch in the new BEWD decks for the beater and for easy DMD. Atleast if you solemn Notice this cards, you can still activate other cards. Maybe BA will run it? IDK. 

It's deadly against pepe if you have a deck that can properly utilize it. Kozmo is one such deck IMO. Then we get to the terror that was Denko CED...which prolly ended up contributing to Construct's ban in OCG

IDK anyone else who played back in 2002 and all, but seeing Chaos Emperor Dragon at three makes me feel a certain kinda way. I really think that having this card at 1, and not be Nomi would have been the better errata. But that's neither here nor here

Damn this got butchered so damn hard............ with this errata this seems like "friendly next door baby envoy" rather than "Big Daddy Envoy"

I am happy that this card can come back from the jail since it was the card that brought me in this game but damn they disciplined my boy real hard before they released him....

Damn this got butchered so damn hard............ with this errata this seems like "friendly next door baby envoy" rather than "Big Daddy Envoy"

I am happy that this card can come back from the jail since it was the card that brought me in this game but damn they disciplined my boy real hard before they released him....

Especially that "send" effect.

To be fair, if they had released the card in this day and age, instead of way back when it was actually first released, it might have had this text instead.

this is not the same chaos envoy that i used to win games in turn 1 without any fuss and used to give a gangsta look to my big brother after sacking him with this card. You are probably right but my memories with this card does not seem compatible with this errata. Those days when this card was ham were pure gold.

this is not the same chaos envoy that i used to win games in turn 1 without any fuss and used to give a gangsta look to my big brother after sacking him with this card. You are probably right but my memories with this card does not seem compatible with this errata. Those days when this card was ham were pure gold.

Did you not play Dark Matter and Chaos Doll format where this card was a nightmare?

Granted it dropped off the face of the face of the earth after Construct and Ruler's kicked it

They did a LOT of nerfing to this.

They made it a full Nomi, which is disappointing, since BLS - Envoy is still a Semi, and BLS is just as mean.

They made the lack of other effects so it can't do some advantage stuff to wipe your opponent's resources out and burn them, and then regain card advantage via floaters. Good choice, actually.

Burning for opponent resources...I'm okay with this change. But all 3 of them combined makes Chaos Emperor really underwhelming now. Still dangerous and evil, but SOOOO much weaker that it's almost tragic. I kind of preferred it as its original form, just to continue showcasing how ludicrously powerful it once was.

They did a LOT of nerfing to this.

They made it a full Nomi, which is disappointing, since BLS - Envoy is still a Semi, and BLS is just as mean.

They made the lack of other effects so it can't do some advantage stuff to wipe your opponent's resources out and burn them, and then regain card advantage via floaters. Good choice, actually.

Burning for opponent resources...I'm okay with this change. But all 3 of them combined makes Chaos Emperor really underwhelming now. Still dangerous and evil, but SOOOO much weaker that it's almost tragic. I kind of preferred it as its original form, just to continue showcasing how ludicrously powerful it once was.

I'd honestly have liked it with just the no activation + half burn, but after seeing this card with REDMD you kinda forgive Konami for it. I think it'll be a lot better in TCG than it was in OCG 

To be honest, I don't see what's so bad about it. It's still an easy to summon 3k beater. The burn, while not massive, can still be a crucial game winner, very easily reaching 1500+.

I don't mind its erratum at all. The only sad bit about it is that I will no longer be able to play Yata-lock in traditional/unlimited on DN when it gets released in the TCG.

The only thing that bugs me is that they made it a Nomi, im okay with the rest.The no other effects after the nuke was a clever clause, but why did they made a OPT if you cannot use anything else that turn?, it makes no sense unless a card negates its activation but it leaves the dragon on the field.

On the one hand, the nerf made it able to come back, and that makes me happy. On the other hand, the amount, and severity of the erratas on this card make me sad 

also If i'm reading it correctly, you can't use any other effects before or after using the effect right?

I like how the two Envoys are BLS, a mediocre Ritual and Chthonian Emperor Dragon, a somewhat playable Gemini.

If we got more Envoys, they'd probably reference more "so alright it's average" cards.

Chthonian was made way after, and also has Doomkaiser as a counterpart. This is probably factious, butit feels like this should be referencing a Level 8 as well. I'd be inclined to think it's a chaos version of Blue-Eyes, but probably not, since they look very different.

Chthonian was made way after, and also has Doomkaiser as a counterpart. This is probably factious, butit feels like this should be referencing a Level 8 as well. I'd be inclined to think it's a chaos version of Blue-Eyes, but probably not, since they look very different.

Maybe it's a reverse scenario; Black Luster Soldier was released first, but Chthonian Emperor Dragon was released after this card.

I kind of would have wanted this to remain without errata and stay banned. For the longest time it was the go-to reference for naming something broken, and it feels like the game lost something important by making it not relevant and legal.

Konami had a very heavy bias when they made these. Elemental Attributes had Level 4 monsters that were decent back then, but LIGHT + DARK had Chaos Sorcerer, BLS, and this card which were waaaaay above the rest of the game in single-handed sheer power. Not only their stats but those effects. Even years later Frost and Flame Dragon and the EARTH/WIND one had a bad combination of less support, less stats, full nomis, and worse effects, easily fading into obscurity.

I remember I also wanted to make a Cranium Fish deck back in the da- wait, I think I'm getting side-tracked here. 

*cough* anyways....

The card is still powerful, it just needs to have a place and can't just inspire an always-relevant deck like in the past. Obviously it couldn't have possibly come back without those erratas nowadays... well, being full nomi is debatable, but still.

Archived