Open RP Game; Post as your avatar

cr47t

Reminder that Sakura's text is in BLUE and Ruka is in RED.

[spoiler=Long IC]

"I'm actually amazed at all of the artwork here," Sakura remarked as she viewed most of the pieces in the gallery. The majority of them were either designed with the aid of a computer or actually hand-drawn.

Then, she came to a particular piece, one that resembled a stick figure, a very vague one at that. Its background was orange, green and about ten other colors that didn't really mesh together.

"Uh, what is this?," she asked. "The background is badly colored and looks like something that one did on Kid Pix. If my colleague at work saw this, he'd be pulling his hair out by now and you wouldn't hear the end of it. Seriously, NEVER do artwork on Kid Pix unless you're under the age of, what, 10. If this is a kid's artwork, then I suppose it's a decent effort on their part. If it's not a kid, then I don't know.

She walked over to another picture on the facing wall. It was a picture of a kimono-clad girl in a traditional Japanese setting, created by a man named R.I. a couple months ago. Sakura stared at it in admiration.

"You like that one, don't you Sakura?," a voice rang out. "It really is a pretty piece."

Sakura turned around and saw Ruka just a few feet away.

"Oh hey Ruka, I almost didn't see you there," she replied. "Guess you and I had the same idea to come here and view stuff at the art gallery."

"Yup, viewing other people's work makes me pleased, plus it's something to get away from my brother at times," Ruka replied back. "Sometimes he can be really overprotective if you know what I'm going."

Sakura nodded.

"I hear ya, my mother used to be like that when I was still an Academy student. But she did care for my well-being at times; suppose the same applies for you and Latios."

"I guess you're right," Ruka replied. She knew that although Latios could be overprotective, he indeed cared for her well-being.

"Say, they're having an exhibition on custom cards downtown. You feel like going together? I remembered you like viewing those as much as you do here."

"Why not, there's a lot of other things we can do too," Sakura replied. "Come on, my car's outside. I know your wings can fit into the backseat. We can talk about our lives on the way there."

[spoiler=OOC]

• Seriously, never use Kid Pix for graphic work. MS Paint is fine for spriting and GIMP/PS go for everything else (or Paint.NET if you use that).
    • I have nothing against people who still use Kid Pix though, but that's not for doing high quality graphic work.
  • You can guess who R is correlated to in this universe (and yeah, his greatness is to be expected)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the doctor is stuck were he is (and both characters can time travel) time to go back to des

IC:After being put down by Draco, Des tried getting a room in a village, with no avail, all of the ones he has been to were all scared of him, just then he saw a blue police box, maybe he could call someone, he ran to the box opened it, then stared inside in amazement, he soon heard a voice, "Intruder detected,intruder detected,intruder detected." Des then saw a robotic head on what seemed liked a control pad. "Wait, I'm no intruder," He hurryingly said, "I'm..." "Oh, I know who you are,"  A person looking no older then 25 interrupted "Des"

[spoiler=Time to go CnC mode]

"Well, here we are," Sakura announced as she pulled up to the custom cards exhibition. 

Unlike the art gallery, the exhibition was in a rather large convention hall with several thousand cards being put on display in frames. Sakura and Ruka got out of the car and entered the building. Immediately, each of them began looking at stuff that interested them.

"Please tell me that the creator of this card was joking when they made this card," Sakura remarked as she viewed a card called MPB Ultichimaera. "It breaks all flavor within the Archetype, netting a possible +5 with draws and whatever AND is a 1-card Rank 7 enabler. Just because Konami sometimes makes broken crap does NOT imply that you can do the same thing. This ended up on display, because why?"

"Probably lack of foresight on the organizer's part," Ruka replied. "It is true that the Deck needed the support, but this is certainly not a way you should be going about this."

"As much as I'd suggest changes, there really is too much to scrap without compromising the original intent," Sakura remarked. "Name definitely needs a change though, since I can't tell, for the love of Konoha, what they decided to base the name on; at least the airplane thing."

The two of them looked at the rest of the cards on that table before moving on to another one.

"This one is nice, Sakura," Ruka said as she looked at a card called Heavenly White Dragon Pikaké. "Not saying this because it's a dragon like me, but it goes really well with the Deck I like using lately. I can see why this one got a silver award for design. LIGHT materials might sting a bit, but otherwise it still does its job well."

Sakura nodded. 

"I can probably think of a Deck that would appreciate its talents," she replied, "but as to whether or not they can actually do it is another matter. Now then, shall we move on to another gallery?"

"Sure."

---------

"I see there's a bit of love towards me, isn't there," Ruka remarked as she and Sakura viewed a collection of cards themed after Latias, which she was by species, and Latios.

She glanced over towards a particular one called Latias the Sky Guardian, which was a Rank 4 WIND Xyz.

"To be fair, I kinda like this one, since it does tie into my powers somewhat. I'm not really attached to Xyz, but suppose I'll make an exception on this one. More of a Synchro user to be honest."

"Here's a Synchro pair on this end," Sakura called out, directing her to a set of cards on another table.

Both of them featured Latias and Latios in imperial regalia and were named Psychic Dragon Princess Latias and Psychic Dragon Prince Latios; a Level 7 and 8 Dragon Synchro, respectively. Ruka began flying around in circles as she and Sakura read their effects. 

"Now this is an example of how my brother and I are meant to function, well in general anyway," Ruka remarked. "Obviously, I'm not the only Latias in the world and neither is my brother the only Latios, but you get it, right?"

"Of course Ruka, I haven't been friends with you two for this long without understanding the bond between you and him."

The two of them continued looking at the other cards in that area; some of which sparked their interest and others were marked as either average or well-mannered attempts, but not up to expectations. 

[spoiler=OOC]

• Sakura is implied to be watching ARC-V 96-98 a few posts back, so you can generally assume she has knowledge of how the actual game works. 
  • All of the cards mentioned in here are things that were actual creations; Psychic Dragon stuff is mine though. Feel free to search them if you are inclined to.
  • Latias is a 5Ds era fighter if she didn't make it obvious (well, her name is literally that of the 5Ds support female protagonist in Japanese).
  • They are looking at other cards besides Eon related stuff, but just that they are not explicitly mentioned. 

Double character posts are time-consuming.

"Who are you and how do you know my name?!" Des Commounded,

"I'm the doctor, a time lord, but there is no time for that now, we need to get you back to the city, and have me meet you."

"But we just..."

"Hold on!" The Doctor says, pulling a lever on what seemed to be a control panel, a werid sound playing, "Now go out there and found me!"

"But..." Before Des chould finish he was out the door, into a building?

He heard the same sound as before, turning around Des saw the police box disappearing...

[spoiler=OoC]where is draco?

OOC: I have no idea where he is; likely this thread gets dragged down in his content history, so he doesn't see this. 

[spoiler=Panda Express for dragons]

Sakura and Ruka were back at the mall, eating lunch at a Panda Express in the 3rd floor food court. 

"I don't think I told you about what happened the other day, did I?," Latias asked as she slurped down a bowl of chow mein noodles.

"Yeah, you didn't," Sakura replied. "So tell me, what happened?"

"I met another dragon at the Happy Golden Days restaurant downstairs and we had lunch together. What was his name again, Draconus?"

Sakura remembered Draconus from their encounter in the park across from her office after she went to check out the scene herself.

"So he did find the restaurant after all," she thought.

Her attention shifted back to Ruka.

"Ah yes, I know him," she replied as she took a bite of her kung pao chicken. "He had a bit of a run-in at the park across where I work. Caused a bit of mayhem when he first arrived. You saw the news on television that day?"

"I wanted to watch the news, but big brother was too busy watching Taiga dramas so I couldn't," Ruka replied. "So what happened?"

"Basically, he knocked over some trash cans, blew away a pile of raked leaves and generally pissing off some park users," Sakura responded. "I decided to check it out for myself, and it really turns out that he just wanted food. Apparently, the first people he asked were scared shitless of his presence and didn't want to help."

"I could probably understand why people would be afraid of him," Ruka said. "He's not the giant type as common fairy tales like to portray, if you want to consider six feet being as such, but he's still potentially dangerous. Big brother is bigger than him, but he and I prefer not to engage in any violence and just mesh in with the rest of the city. Come to think of it, don't think there are any people afraid of or hate us in this city."

"Supposedly that because you don't accidentally cause problems for people, you should be fine," Sakura replied. "Or rather, you don't resemble the typical dragons in those heroics; sharp teeth and all."

"My friend, Chibi the Garchomp, lives in the next city over; people are fine with him flying around and he certainly looks more draconian than me or my brother ever will," Ruka added. "But suppose that comes with the city; people won't be scared as much. Anyway, I'm assuming that's when you recommended him to that restaurant."

Sakura nodded. 

"I chose that restaurant specifically because they aren't going to be biased towards dragons," she replied. "In fact, this mall is pretty accepting of dragons and other hybrid species."

She took a sip of a large-sized fruit punch. 

"When he decided to go, you coincidentally had the idea to head over there too. That's how the whole thing went down. By the way, did you two get along?"

"Yup, it was a nice quiet lunch," Ruka replied.

"Glad to hear that there weren't any issues," Sakura responded. "I did mention you in passing though; whether or not Draconus actually figures out that it was you that I was implying back then remains to be seen."

[spoiler=OOC 2]

• I'm buying lunch today (although Latias does have a wallet full of money if she needed to)
  • Draco is subject of conversation. 
  • Whether he knows it or not in this RP, Latias (and her brother) were the dragons I implied during our meeting. I know Ruka didn't mention anything about me during her lunch with him. 

[spoiler= OOC] Whoops. I'm here, everything should be moving along.

Draconus

I can't believe how dull it is flying on my own again. I've done it all my life, why does it bother me now? Out of sheer boredom, I fly in lazy loops, my winds wreaking havoc with weather patterns. Still, I slowly continue north, hoping to find something interesting somewhere about Canada.

Bergamot

The redhead frowns at the brown-haired man before her, and shrugs. "Sorry sir, I can't say that I have. While I have your attention, would you mind visiting my sisters at Aromage Floral Arrangements?" She hands over a pamphlet with a picture of herself and two other young women, accompanied by a young child, all holding different plants. "We run a small community garden. From what we grow, we sell incense, and make beautiful arrangements for weddings, funerals, and trying to woo significant others."

She grins at this last, bouquets for desperate men and women make up the majority of the sisters' business. She leans forward conspiratorially, the heavy scent of incense (accompanied by a light bit of citrus, perhaps orange or lemon) wafting off her, and adds, "For you, I think I might be able to make a special offer, huh? What would you say to five percent off and a free mini bergamot candle? Stress relief, helps you tan, and really helps you clear your mind and think. I'm sure that one of our candles . . ." she gives a wave of her long arm, covered in a heavy sleeve and various bangles, "and you'll be able to figure out exactly where your robot friend is, eh?"

She then winks, and says, "Our shop is about three blocks down from here, right next to the costume shop. Can't miss it." She returns to standing to her full height, and waves her stack of brochures around. "I had been certain real artists loved incense and such," she says, hoping to lure someone else closer so she could convince them to head over to the shop.

OOC: A bit of location stuff (for the currently active players)

• Sakura and Ruka are currently at the mall in YCM City
  • Draco/Bergamot is somewhere in the city. Draco himself is somewhere in Canada
  • Nyx was in the park somewhere yesterday, but now unknown
  • Des is in the art gallery
  • Everyone else is either still in that room or who knows where. 

[spoiler=Compramos muchas cosas en el centro comercial]

Sakura and Ruka were on the freeway in Sakura's Nissan Altima, driving home to Ruka's apartment. After their trip to the mall, the two of them decided to buy miscellaneous things, some of which Ruka couldn't carry on her own; at least airborne anyway. 

"It was really fun spending some time with you," Ruka remarked as the two of them pulled onto the cutoff leading to the district Ruka lived in. 

"No problem, I enjoyed our time today," Sakura replied. "Least I get a break off from having to do paperwork at the office and other stress factors at work."

A minute later, Sakura pulled up in front of the apartment. 

"You need my help carrying your stuff upstairs?," she asked as she unloaded Ruka's stuff from the trunk. 

"I got it, but thanks anyway," Ruka replied. "Shouldn't be something that my psychic powers cannot handle."

Her eyes began to glow and instantly, her bags rose a few inches in the air. 

"I'm free the next two days, so let me know if you want another day out tomorrow or the day after," Sakura said as she got back into her car. 

"See ya later, Sakura," Latias called out before going into her building. 

Sakura waved back before starting her car and driving back to her own house. 

----

"「ただいま!」,” Ruka announced as she arrived back into her apartment. She looked around and saw her brother asleep on the couch in their living room. 

"Hopefully he didn't worry about me too much."

----

And now back to single character stuff. 

Sakura will go back to doing whatever she wants; Ruka will probably be elsewhere in the city.

(I will admit that keeping them together was a difficult thing to do)

[spoiler=OoC] As both the doctor and Des are About to meet i'll start using 2 colors

"For you, I think I might be able to make a special offer, huh? What would you say to five percent off and a free mini bergamot candle? Stress relief, helps you tan, and really helps you clear your mind and think. I'm sure that one of our candles..., and you'll be able to figure out exactly where your robot friend is, eh?"

A black robot appeared out of a doorway just across the hallway. "No need." The Doctor says, pointing his sonic at the Des."I think I just found him. Hey, you! wait!" 'Well I found him now what do I do' Des tought, running into who knows where, 'Wait! I know, that blue box!'

After a few minutes, both males end up in the basement. Des runs though the T.A.R.D.I.S doors, the doctor soon following behind, once they were both in they were startled when the machine started on her own.

They soon landed Des being flung on to the pink-haired girls wind screen, thought he highly doubted that she would recognize him...

[spoiler OoC 2] while writing this I realized that Des hasn't said his name to anyone nor be told anyone's name expect Helen's, I'm actually surprised that Draco didn't find it weird that Des did know his name, and if anyone is wondering how that happened, It's timey-whimey and will be revelled eventually. And no one except the doctor and Draco has seen Des in his new form

Back to alternating between the two characters; so Sakura first.

----------

[spoiler=If you don't work here, then don't complain]

Sakura turned on her laptop and opened the Skype conversation she shared with her friends from work. At that moment, all of them appeared as split screens.

"Hey Sakura, so glad you came around," a red-haired colleague said as he greeted her. "Customer service has been getting a bit of flack lately from some people regarding the quality of our services, and it's the same general complaint every time."

"What are they complaining about now?," Sakura asked.

"Basically, said people complain about us not getting to their orders on time, the service being shitty and a lot of other things," another one mentioned. "Today, some person in a weird-ass suit came in and had the balls to tell me that our company is garbage-tier. Looked like one of those people from other cities whom we don't really like because of their attitude."

Sakura scowled as she heard what that one person said (referring to said person complaining).

"That kid knows nothing," she replied. "It's not our fault that Mr. Y is legitimately terrible at getting new hires lately and we can't bring in people ourselves because of some bullshit corporate policy that Mr. Y made. If he actually gave a damn about what's going on and actually DID something, we wouldn't mind it too much. But since he isn't, something has to be done."

Her colleagues nodded in agreement. The policy that Sakura mentioned was that only Mr. Y could appoint new hires; not even giving that right to the executive board, who had given Sakura her vacation in the first place. Like her, their departments had been short-staffed for the longest time and Mr. Y failed to replace any of them, nor did he come up with a backup plan. Well, he had an assistant head named Mr. PZ to execute the same duties, but he was even less active in the affairs so for all Sakura and her colleagues cared, he was non-existent.

"He should try working in our jobs to see how much we work our asses every day," the red-haired mentioned, referring to the adolescent that was the major complainant about the lack of quality service.

"Hell, I'm working my ass off since the last two hires in the department decided to ditch for who knows what, and Z got arrested for attacking officers in another city," Sakura added. "I finally got that assistant GT trained and all, but I need more people in here. For that matter, we've been understaffed for the longest time and that sheet isn't funny."

"If someone's going to complain about the lack of quality service at present, then they can go screw themselves," another colleague added. "Unless you know the circumstances behind the situation, you have no right to complain that our service is crappy. We're doing all we can with available resources."

"If Mr. Y wasn't so anal into barring the use of shadow clones for whatever asinine reason, then I would use them to take care of the workload," Sakura said. "I'm not like Naruto and making a thousand clones that clog up the office; maybe like 5 or 6 to help me and GT do the work. The office can handle a small number of additional bodies. Hell, I would even ask Ruka if she'd be willing to help with some of the basic paperwork."

She took a deep breath before continuing.

"Besides that kid, who else complained lately?"

"Maybe about two or three more guys, but as I just said, they pretty much say the same thing over and over," the second colleague replied. "Tell us something we don't know."

"Some people have nothing to do but complain that sheet doesn't happen like they'd like for it; we know," Sakura said exasperatedly. "If that kid and whoever his fellow companions that complain about our inadequacy can't understand that, and still INSIST on their standard of service, despite our setbacks, then I really have no words for them. Sorry we can't provide the service that they want, but our company doesn't cater to just their needs."

"I'm sorry you had to hear this on your day off, Sakura," the red-haired apologized, "but I felt you needed to know."

"Don't worry about it," Sakura replied. "I think we're all doing our best, despite the setbacks. But suppose I'll be going now; see you guys later."

She turned off her Skype chat and shut down the computer.

----

"I think I'll teleport over to the riding arena a couple blocks down," she said to herself. She made the appropriate hand seal and disappeared.

[spoiler=OOC]

You guys should be able to figure out who PZ and GT correlate to in YCM terms. Mr. Y should be obvious from previous things

Remember, the setting is YC(M) City, so probably inevitable that there will be some notes to affairs here. Unlike in this city, the staff selection process is better structured and not reliant on 1-2 people. As much as we wish YCMaker was more active and kept tabs on his own site, like the rest of us, he does have a life outside this board.

OOC: He just entered about last page, I believe.

------

[spoiler=Where are the first 30 episodes of the series on the internet?]

Ruka was still in her apartment watching the Japanese drama "Taira no Kiyomori" on their television. Her brother was still asleep on the couch, so it was only her.

"These historical dramas are actually pretty accurate," she remarked as she watched a re-enactment of the Battle of Dan-no-ura playing out during one of the later episodes. "I kinda like the actors playing the side of the Heike, even though they're the ones who inevitably get crushed."

She got to the scene where the court ladies were jumping into the sea, along with their belongings and the then-6 year old child emperor Antoku.

"I get that they wish to remain truthful instead of being subservient to the Genji, but I can't see myself going to that extreme," she said to herself. "That, and actually drowning their own grandson knowing that he's the emperor. Although I guess it's either they commit suicide together, or the Genji end up killing him themselves."

The episode finished and then Ruka was left to watch a Noh play about a specific instance of the war called "Atsumori".

"For some reason, I'm not really fond of this type of performance but I can probably attribute that to my minimal understanding of how noh works in the first place. The masked part, I get, but the lack of motions is a bit unsettling...least, for me."

[spoiler=OOC 2]

• Currently reading Japanese literature from the middle ages, so the below content has some relevance to that.

• I actually had to watch the linked video in class (although only certain sections)

Des awakes on a rather comfy bed, 'How did I...' Des's thoughts drift away when he hears a familiar scene,

"Who are you and how do you know my name?!"

"I'm the doctor, a time lord, but there is no time for that now, we need to get you back to the city, and have me meet you."

"But we just..."

"Hold on! Now go out there and found me!"

"But..."

When Des was sure he had been pushed out the door again, for the first time, he went into the main control room,

"What just happened, I flew out of the tardis, saw that girl again and then..."

"That girl you met was who you think they were, In fact they were a he, when you hit the car that hard, your visual circuits were scrambled, you've been resting in that bed for 3 days, by your standards.'

"That makes sense, so where are we going now"

"Well someone did invite me to their place it would be rude not to show up, plus their neighbours might have a fez." And with that statement, The Doctor pulled another lever and the two travellers of time lifted off.

[spoiler=Cherry blossom rider of Konoha]

"Well, this is going to be eventful," Sakura remarked as she finished changing into riding clothes. "I haven't had to dress this formal since Hinata's wedding."

At the moment, she wore a white T-shirt coupled with a navy jacket, along with similar colored jeans, knee-high black riding boots and a scarlet riding helmet with the Konoha emblem on the front. On her hands were a pair of black gloves not too different from the ones she used to wear on ninja missions. Because of the general nature of riding in YCM City which was apparently steeped in years of tradition, she had to change into more formal attire (then again, she also didn't want her casual outfit smelling up her house when she got back). Though at least she didn't have to go completely formal and wear the whole nine yards. 

"Let's go!"

For today, Sakura was riding a medium-sized silver colored horse named 'Ewalani; not that much bigger than Draconus. So far, the two of them were getting along pretty well, save for a near-collision with another rider, but that could be attributed to his lack of awareness. 

"Let's jump this one," she said, referring to a 1.4 meter obstacle that was generally used for show jumping practice.

The two of them went over, about thirty meters from the base. At Sakura's signal, which was essentially a pull on the reins, 'Ewalani started dashing towards it and leaped over the hurdle. After completion, Sakura gave her a rub on the forehead. 

"Now for the 1.5 m one. Admittedly, I'm rather enjoying doing this."

[spoiler=General OOC]

• Making references to the formal uniform that English riders have to wear for competition (I have a mild interest in this kind of stuff, k?)
  • 'Ewalani is the actual name of a horse that appears in one of my offsite fanfictions (that belongs to the female protagonist). It's Hawaiian for "heavenly eve" (and is female).
    • She's silver because of implicit HG/SS references; again, if you know what fic I'm talking about (from reading my personal Wikia), this will come easier. I cbb to actually write the 'okina properly (despite having to do it constantly for papers), but you get it. 

-----

Alright Draco, your turn. 

[spoiler=OoC]

Oh joy.

Everyone is split up.

I'm sure this will end well.

/sarcasm

Draco

Canada is quite the place, I must admit. It looks beautiful from above. Still . . . I should probably supplement the duck I had hours ago.

Circling lazily like a vulture, I note a young moose . . . which is soon a dead moose, after a quick diving strike. Hunting land-based prey is astonishingly easy, and I eat my fill. Then, I spread my wings and chuckle to myself as the scavengers settle in. "Mother Nature is fast," I comment, before taking to the air yet again.

Bergamot

It's frustrating just handing out pamphlets. Really, it is. Standing around for hours on end, giving people paper you know they'll throw away . . . The tall redhead is about to give up and consign herself to watching Jasmine and her pitiable pout, and hearing Rosemary admonish her, but she quickly takes a leap of faith and posts up somewhere else- a community rec center where there's apparently a play on.

While Bergamot can't exactly see what's happening, and the posters have been taken down (evidently this is the last show), the upbeat music cues her in that this is a musical.

Perfect crowd to maybe buy some candles? Possibly. Bergamot loiters in the lobby until the show ends- quietly, she admonishes security for going to watch the show instead of keeping an eye on the building.

The T.A.R.D.I.S soon found itself in front of the floral and costume shops.

"Bad wolf.." The doctor matters to himself, looking at the costume shops name, before confronting Des, "Would you be able to go into that costume shop, get me a fez, and look for anything suspicious."

"Hang on... I don't even know your name."

"It's the doctor."

"Doctor who?"

"Just the doctor."

At that moment the two people went into each shop.

"Hi, I was told to come here by your sister!" No one came, The Doctor was just about to leave when he smelled something, something that shouldn't be on earth.

[spoiler=OoC] Yeah! now not even someone's multiple characters are together! Yeah!

OOC: Well, I'm the only one right now actually using two of them. Nyx ditched their Helen persona; hell, they've not come in here for a while so as far as we're concerned, Rip is somewhere in the park where they were last seen. 

----

[spoiler=This had better be a more pleasant flower shop]

"Alright, I had my fun; now what?," Sakura asked herself as she left the riding area, still wearing her riding clothes. "Oh right, I better get this smell out of my clothes. Don't want people to have a guess at where I've been."

She wove a quick hand seal and a blue mist began enveloping her body, restoring her body to her natural scent. As she finished, some random man ran over and gave her a paper. 

"Hmm, what's this?"

She looked at the paper and saw a picture of a mature woman standing in front of a flower shop.

"A flower shop, huh. I look forward to going to a flower shop not run by Ino. Seriously, she's even more annoying nowadays."

Sakura made another hand seal and warped over. 

"Let's just hope the flowers aren't overpriced as all hell. Apparently some florists like to jack prices up."

Bergamot

Having given all her pamphlets out, Bergamot returns to Aromage Floral Arrangements, ready to tell her sisters that she'd done the best she could.

Imagine her surprise when a pink-haired woman appears out of nowhere a few feet from the door.

She quickly takes the potential customer aside and flashes her a winning smile, her heavy-robe-clad arm over the woman's shoulder in moments. "Welcome to the shop, madam," she says softly, "I will advise you not to speak too loudly in here, as my sisters live in an apartment above the shop. Jasmine, she is only seven, a very little girl. Let's try not to wake her from her nap, ne?"

That said, she gestures to the shop as a whole- racks of beautiful flowers of dozens of varieties line the walls in vases, and various plant products from bags of tea to candles are on various shelves standing in irregular rows. "What have you come for? Relaxation? Invigoration? Memory retention? Declarations of love or loss? We have something for you here . . ." She quickly takes a small box of teabags from the shelf and tosses it to the cashier counter, smacking a bookish, bespectacled woman on the head. "This is your turn to man the register, Cananga, no sleeping!" The redhead hisses. "Apologies," she says to the pinkette, letting her go and walking further in, "both classes and running the shop are hard on her, but her shift isn't over for another hour, you understand."

Cananga rubs her head, and Bergamot takes the box of tea and returns it to its shelf. "Everything here is grown, and in some cases made, by my sisters and I. Anything catch your eye, madam?"

Despite the casual confidence she's exuding, Bergamot is a mess of nerves, and she hopes beyond hope that this woman buys something expensive, like the long-stem roses.

Draco

Against my better judgment, I turn around. Perhaps the big city could be . . . tolerable with food powering me.

[spoiler=Doctor] The doctor sees both a pink-haired girl and the red-head from before enter the shop, he just watches the two as he tries to find the where the smell is coming from, when he finds it he hears the words. "Everything here is grown, and in some cases made, by my sisters and I. Anything catch your eye, madam?" come from the red heads mouth.

"Well..." says the doctor out of nowhere."That purple seferous inconus over in the window seems nice, just one question. Where on, or not on, earth did you get the seeds to plant it from?"

[spoiler=Des] Des carefully looks around the costume shop for a fez.'why am I doing this? I barely know anything about him and yet I'm picking up a fez, mind you time travellers do have that sort of effect...' he just continued thinking and look out the window at the big city almost forgetting why he was there in the first place...

[spoiler=Because I don't care about the filler episodes]

Sakura looked around at the merchandise for a while before she made a decision. 

"Do you happen to carry cherry blossoms?," she asked. "After an apparent incident a few weeks ago, my current batch got destroyed and I need about two dozen of them."

Sakura was referring to the last time Ino and Choji had come to her home. A small argument had ensued after the two of them fought in the backyard and broke the planter in which Sakura's flowers were in. Or rather, Ino got mad after Sakura told her to behave civilly in her home and tore up the flowers that Sakura was named after. 

"Oh right, and three boxes of tea bags wouldn't hurt either," Sakura added. "I have been running low lately, and apparently downtown doesn't sell the kind I want nowadays."

"Hopefully she doesn't overcharge me for this stuff"

[spoiler=連歌を書く心霊龍]

After watching the noh play Atsumori and subsequently Kasuga Ryujin and Matsukaze, Ruka was then reading a heavily compilation of linked verse poems. 

"I can only imagine the difficulty in composing such a thing," she remarked as she went through the book containing them. "That reminds me; I have one in mind."

Ruka got a piece of paper and pencil and started to write the following. She started reading it aloud, despite having a slight accent. 

夏休み natsuyasumi

なぜ夏の雨は naze natsu no ame wa

蝕むか mushibamu ka

ここで周囲の雨 koko de shuui no ame

都の太平洋 miyako no taiheiyou

春の花 haru no hana

白い夜を飛翔 shiroi yoru wo hishou

桜の舞 sakura no mai

"Wow, that was hard," she remarked after finishing. "I'll work on another one later."

[spoiler=OOC]

• Sakura needs new sakura flowers for her garden.
  • Ruka is writing renga, or linked verse poems, from 1400's Japan. (The one she wrote is something I wrote yesterday for class in ENGLISH)
  • English version is thus:

Summer vacation

Why is the summerly rain

Ruining it badly? 

The rains that encircle here 

Capital of Pacific (ocean)

The spring blossoms

Fly through the white night

Dance of the cherry blossoms

Bergamot

The redhead nodded, leading Sakura by the hand to one of the shelves and extending a hand to several dozen potted cherry trees, basking in a sun lamp. "I have them right here, Miss. That'd be . . ." She frowns, noting that the little chalkboard next to the display has been erased. "Cananga, how much are our cherry trees? I think Jasmine wiped off the little board again."

The bespectacled brunette shrugs. "Fifteen? Twenty? I don't know, no one buys the trees, Bergamot."

Bergamot sighs. "Twelve dollars per tree, madam. Let me tell you, it's a steal at that price! And you can stick the pot in the ground! It's bio . . . bio . . ."

"Biodegradable," Cananga murmurs, already reading again.

"Yes, the pots are what she said," Bergamot nodded, "we made them ourselves. As for the tea, it's six per box of leaves. You saw the boxes, we don't charge much. What say you?"

She then turns to the other customer, the suit-wearing man from earlier, and shrugs. "I didn't plant the seeds, sir. They appeared in our garden one night and my sisters and I cared for them. Interested in buying?"

"Hmm, sounds reasonable enough," Sakura replied. "I'll take three of the trees, plus the teabags. I know I said I needed two dozen, but as they'll probably grow quickly, may not be in the best interest for that many trees at this time."

As she waited for the woman to bring her the requested items, she started to calculate the total amount in her hand. 

"So let's see...$54 in total? Good enough for me."

Sakura reached into her wallet and took out some money. She just got her latest paycheck from work; that, and additional heavy bonuses for helping to deal with Z and a few other small incidents earlier in the week amounting to about $2,500, so it wasn't really a lot. 

"I teleported over here, so I don't have a car or anything to carry them back," she added as she picked up her items. "But I'll just reverse teleport them to my house. It's really simple."

She took out a scroll from her pocket and unfurled it, revealing a complex reverse summoning formula set to transport things to her home. She placed the items onto the scroll, then made the Ram hand seal. In an instant, the items disappeared. 

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to plant the new trees and make sure that they don't get destroyed like the last batch."

Much like her plants and tea bags, Sakura herself disappeared. 

[spoiler=OOC]

• Sakura makes about $50,000 or something per year (well, factor in that she's a part-time commander in the police force and head of her department at work, despite the complaints). Oh right, and keep in mind her paychecks from Konoha ninja missions. 
  • Assume that the summoning scroll is rolled up before Sakura leaves (the money is given to Bergamot directly)

[spoiler=Doctor]"I didn't plant the seeds, sir. They appeared in our garden one night and my sisters and I cared for them. Interested in buying?"

'What is the date'the doctor looks around and sees the calender. 'The 26th of the forth 2016, that's the day after...' His thought process was interrupted by his sonic screwdriver making a piecing noise, the doctor pulls the futuristic device from his pocket, pressing a button and low quality sounds comes out

"Someone... help... trapped... me... can't get out... help!"

"You need to get rid of the plant Asap," The doctor says to the red head while running to the door, "I have to recuse someone."And with that statement, he out of the store

[spoiler=Des] "Is there a Problem" Des quickly turns around when hearing this new voice, seeing an old man, wuth oddly young blue eyes.

"No, Not at all,"Des says, sightly startled."I'm just looking for a fez, that's all."

"Well your in luck, I'm the shop keeper and we just happen to have one last one in the back, Folow me." Des follows the man to a safe, the old man opening the door,"It should be in there."

"Thanks..." He hears the door slam behind him, "What! Let me out, someone help I'm trapped in here, The old man tricked me,"

"It's now use," a stranger said from the corner, "No one is coming to help us..." And the old man from before walked out of the shadows...

[spoiler=I'm going to watch Zootopia, regardless if there exists a certain unpleasant thing]

"This should do it," Sakura declared as she finished planting the last cherry tree she bought from Bergamot. 

She had installed a chain link fence around her trees and set a lightning trap on it. Now if Ino or some other person were to destroy it, they'd get a rather nasty shock. 

"Alright then, what should I do now? I could go pay a visit to Z in the holding block, not like he wants to see me after the stunt he pulled. There's also the theater, but there's a particular 15-year old who frequents there often and legitimately acts like an arrogant pop star; almost as bad as Ino herself. Or I can head on over to the recreation center for some stuff."

Sakura thought about it for a while. 

"Meh, I'll just go and watch Zootopia at the movies," she said. "I've been wanting to watch it for some time. Some kid isn't going to stop me and if they do act up, I have full rights to take her in. I'm also a law enforcement officer, and believe me, you don't want to tangle with me."

She got into her car and drove off. 

"I gotta pick up something from work anyway."

[spoiler=I'm old enough to do stuff on my own, shannaro!]

"Ruka, I'm going out for a while; don't misbehave while I'm gone," Ruka's brother called out as he left their apartment to do something. As this wasn't at least the millionth time that he told her this. 

"Sheesh nii-san, what do you take me for, a 5-year old?," she exclaimed after he left. 

She looked at the newspaper for anything interesting to do. 

"Well, I can go watch Noh theatre downtown if I want to. They're showing Kasuga Ryujin in about thirty minutes, or I can actually watch Atsumori or Heike Monogatari in an hour. You know what, I'll go watch Kasuga Ryujin; I haven't seen it before." 

Ruka locked the front door to her apartment, put on her skateboard helmet and flew off from the balcony after locking the door to it. 

"Unlike you, nii-san, I actually have faith in my own abilities," she thought to herself as she flew over. "I know you don't want me to get hurt, but for crying out loud, I can handle myself if needed."

After a while, she spotted the noh theatre.

"Here I go, iku yo!," she yelled as she descended. 

OOC

• Sakura's watching a movie; Ruka's off watching noh plays. 

Archived