Open RP Game; Post as your avatar

cr47t

"Oh look, a crime against nature," The dragon shanked "well, excuse me for nearly dying," Des growled "and besides you nearly ate me and my friend, does "Do either of you know of anything edible around here?" ring a bell? Mind you, I don't know how you would eat me as I am made of metal." Des then drifted off in thought about the dragon, when someone starting yelling at him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I technically have been on a dragon's back before, considering that I have a couple of dragon friends who live in the city also," Sakura replied to Draconus. "I think one of them is a little bigger than you, but I know his sister is a little under 5 feet. She's really bashful though and flies very quickly. You'd probably like them."

Sakura looked over at the street in front of the park.

"Anyway, if you want that cafe I mentioned, should be on that street," she continued, pointing towards the next intersection after the park. "You shouldn't miss it since it's a silver-colored building. Otherwise, the mall is at the end of this street and the Korean restaurant should be on the 2nd floor. Look for a sign that says '행복 황금 일'. Yeah, sign's in Korean so you shouldn't miss it."

----

OOC: The Korean sign says "Haengbog Hwang-geum il", translated to "Happy Golden Days" (I don't speak Korean, so ask Google if that is correct).

I was implying the Eon siblings in case it wasn't obvious; next character may be one of them if I need a break from Sakura (or the story's gotten to the point where I can't really offer much).

I snort, and shake my head. "So asking a question is tantamount to a threat of murder by digestive process? For a machine, you aren't very bright," I scoff. "I was asking if I could be pointed to a reliable source of food. Which, thanks to madam Sakura here, has been indicated to me."

As the wind picks up from my increasingly unstable emotional state, the "eye" of my storm begins to constrict, even as I turn to Sakura. "Is that so? Perhaps I could stick around long enough to be introduced . . . or return later, if necessary." I look at the ground for a second, before adding, "A restaurant, especially one that caters to my kind, is ideal. I shall look into it."

As I walk away, I add a comment to Rip: "While we are not numerous by any means, I am not the last of my kind, nor shall I be. That can be taken as a promise." With that, I walk away, my wind tearing an unfortunate squirrel from a tree and sending it hurtling end over end, trapped in my personal cyclone.

"If you ever come back, hopefully I can bring those two along and you can get acquainted," Sakura remarked as she got back into her car and drove off.

[spoiler=Rest of IC]

Sakura was on the highway driving back home when a driver in a black car in the right-hand lane suddenly cut in front of her without putting on his turn signal. Sakura had to immediately put on her brakes to avoid a rear-end collision, lest a similar situation to what she mentioned to Draco earlier happened.

"Damn jackass, you're supposed to signal if you want to change lanes," she growled. Just then, she recognized the car that had cut her off. It belonged to her coworker Z, who was wanted for the disappearance of several officers. She switched into the next lane to get a good look at the driver. Surely enough, his profile matched. As soon as Sakura got a look, the driver sped off down the highway, breaking the speed limit by at least 250-something percent.

"Ah yes, I promised I'd let the chief know if I spotted Z,"

As Sakura was technically a law enforcement officer herself (though not with the actual police department in the city), she had a portable communication system inside of her car next to the dashboard. She pushed a small red button and called the police chief.

"This is Sakura. Suspect Z on highway H-7 going eastbound at 155 mph; driving a black Mercedes with license plate ZMU 6119."

"Sending units to apprehend the suspect; thanks for your help, Sakura" the chief replied over the comm system. "Six should be coming your way."

Within a minute, Sakura could hear about six patrol cars coming from behind her. She pulled over to the right side of the road to let them pass before switching back. The city's deployment system was advanced enough to the point that multiple units could be mobilized from anywhere in the city within a short period of time."

"You better run, Z, because if the police don't get you, then I certainly will," she remarked. "As I'm technically off-duty, I'm not supposed to be chasing you, but you better be glad that it isn't me, because it will not be pretty."

She pulled off at the next exit, and drove home.

[spoiler=OOC]

• Implication that Latias/Latios may eventually meet Draconus.
  • Sakura's job is part-time special division officer in the police force [hence her service weapon and the comm system] and some other stuff.
  • Some guy actually cut me off in traffic a couple weeks ago, so yeah it's reflected here. (They do that a lot)
  • I'm going home to sleep and do other stuff (so yeah, I only left the house to figure out what Draco was doing)

Seeing the dragon and pink haired girl leave, Des starts to feel a sensation deep down inside himself. He soon turns to the blue haired women, the only person still there, but doesn't look at her.

"I know I should probably apologize to that dragon," Des says in a saddened tone "but I don't want to get him angrier. I know I over reacted a lot, but been I've though a lot and I didn't think about the situation probably, It's probably because of that woman" Then a single tear went down his face. "What do you think I should do?" He then looks up waiting for her to answer...

Rip Van Winkle looks a little confused at this moment, not knowing what the robot was talking about. "Um...you could try apologizing to the creature, should you ever cross paths with it again", said Rip. "Though, I have no idea what happened or why you feel the need to apologize". Then, suddenly, Rip noticed a drop of water fall from the sky. And then another, and soon after more; it had begun to rain. "Here robot"., said Rip. "Come over here under my parasol. You could tell me all about what happened, as well as introduce yourself."

I make my way through the increasingly rainy streets, chuckling to myself- some rain still falls on my back, but things are generally calm inside the eye of my storm. Of course, those who notice this stand close to me, taking advantage of a much lighter drizzle than the increasingly heavy downpour outside my cyclone.

"Would ye mind takin' me up to the college?" One asks, looking at me with a kind of cocky grin.

"Even if I knew where that was," I grumble in return, "I'm hungry. I'm stopping to eat, then I'm getting out of here."

"I need to get my girlfriend back to the campus, and we didn't bring an umbrella-" he says, indicating a woman beside him.

"Are you in a particular hurry?" I ask softly.

"Nah. We got a couple hours," he laughs, as his "girlfriend" glares at him.

"In that case, I will eat first, then you will lead me to wherever it is you need to go." As I enter the mall, my winds are a bit of a double-edged sword: on the one hand, the rapidly spinning wind and water cleans the floor handily. On the other, anyone who steps into the cyclone itself is absolutely drenched. One does manage to save the squirrel, however.

Deciding not to bother with the escalator or elevator, I simply run on the divider between the two rows of the escalator, reaching the second floor in record time. I spot the eatery identified by Sakura earlier, and enter the door.

"I see." Layton replied turning his attention to Rip Van Winkle "Looking at things, it seems to be a puzzling situation and I love to solve puzzles myself."

[spoiler=OOC]The link in my previous post was to the hunger games thread that Layton partook in with his former assistant Luke.

[spoiler=Long IC]

About ten minutes after Sakura got home, she turned on the news to see what happened.

"In other news, a man by the name of Z has been arrested in sector CC34 of the city," the newscaster read. "Police chased him on the H-7 shortly after 5:00 this afternoon. He has been charged with the disappearance of several officers in several cities, and is now in the local police station."

"You're lucky that I'm not the one who caught you, Z, because if I did, you wouldn't be happy to see me," Sakura remarked after hearing the news. "Though by this, you're certainly going to be out of a job."

She opened up a laptop in front of her and logged on to her Skype call with some of her coworkers; their faces showing on separate screens on her screen.

"Hey Sakura, you saw the news about Z?," one of her colleagues asked.

"Yeah, he was just apprehended a while ago," Sakura replied. "I literally want to know what the hell is going through his mind right now, that he'd resort to doing that kind of crap." 

"Wait, you work part-time in the police force, don't you Sakura?," another colleague asked. "Weren't you involved in his capture?"

"I'm special division commander, so yes I'm the one who notified the chief about Z's location, as I spotted him on my way home from the city park."

"Wanted to find some things out about the dragon in the park earlier. So yeah, just assume Z's going to be fired and I'll have to find a replacement for him. Just wish I could hire people on my own since Mr. Y is eternally absent, and we need more people in this department."

"Can't blame you; we're understaffed in customer relations as well," the first colleague remarked. "In fact, all of our departments are understaffed. But otherwise, thanks for letting us all know."

"That's what I came on to tell you, but you all heard on your own," Sakura replied. She said a quick goodbye to her colleagues before logging off her Skype. 

[spoiler=OOC]

• Z got arrested and colleagues know that he's no longer working at the other area. 
  • Said colleagues now know that Sakura is partly law enforcement.
  • Eventually will have a new character coming up.

[spoiler=Long IC]"Um...you could try apologizing to the creature, should you ever cross paths with it again" Said the blue haired girl "Though, I have no idea what happened or why you feel the need to apologize". Then, suddenly, Rip noticed a drop of water fall from the sky. And then another, and soon after more; it had begun to rain. "Here robot"., said Rip. "Come over here under my parasol. You could tell me all about what happened, as well as introduce yourself."

"Well, I can only tell you part of the story..." Des starts saying before being interrupted by a guy in a top hat. "What is going on over here?" he said after introducing himself as professor Layton.

"Good afternoon. I'm Rip Van Winkle. To be honest, I don't know myself what's happened. That's why I asked this robot to tell me what happened." the blue hair woman replied.

"As I was saying before," Des continued "I can only tell you part of the story. It all started after I finished a judo lesson in the apartment building, I had my heads in the clouds for some time, and when I snapped out of it I realized I was hungry, so I turn around to go back in. But I bumped into a women, her name was Helen, I offered to replace her drink, and, somehow, I found myself falling in love. We soon bumped into that dragon from earlier and when she heard the line

"Do any of you know of anything edible around here?", she completely freaked out, grabbed my hand and took off." Des started to laugh but calmed down quickly "When we finally knew we lost it, we had a calm relaxing moment, but it didn't last. Helen soon let go of me and started talking about someone named Elaine, she then left me with a kiss and walked off. After seeing you and the pink haired girl talking with the dragon," Des was now completely facing Rip now " I sort of overreacted, that's what I want to apologize for, don't you think I should"

"I see." Layton replied turning his attention to Rip Van Winkle "Looking at things, it seems to be a puzzling situation and I love to solve puzzles myself."

"Well that's nice for you!" Des shouted, letting his emotions getting the better of him again and stormed off.

I'm going to let Sakura take a rest at home for a week, and play around with this new character.

[spoiler=Because I'm lazy with the character app]

600px-Latias-Turbo.png

(You may recognize this as the 5Ds Latias pic I use for Zex vs me matches in the GPT, and yes, chunks of my GFX tags and stuff)

Name: Latias (her general species name); Ruka (general nickname)

I will be using her general nickname for this RP, since I have one named Ruka (after the 5Ds character, of course) and that's my username on another game where I also have mod powers (albeit much more limited).

Appearance: (see above pic)

About 5'2'' (a little larger than most Latias), wears a red jacket with blue accents, along with dark blue boots and a pink skateboard helmet.

Personality: Happy, cheerful, intelligent

------

[spoiler=IC]

Ruka was flying around the city, looking for something she could do. It was already late in the afternoon, and most certainly a lot of the places would be closing by now.

"If I remember correctly, the shopping center doesn't close for about another five hours so I have plenty of time to do stuff," she said to herself. "I kind of need to buy a new skateboard considering my last one is too small for me to ride anymore."

She landed in front of the shopping center in the downtown square. Just like she predicted, it was still open and people were going in and out, albeit nowhere near as much as peak hours. Just then, her stomach began to growl.

"Suppose I'd better find a place to eat first," Ruka remarked. She flew over to a map and started looking at locations.

"There's a Korean restaurant on the second floor called Happy Golden Days. I heard that it's a really nice place to eat."

She flew up to the second floor and searched for the restaurant. Luckily, no one minded that she literally was flying inside the shopping center.

Sure enough, I notice the other dragon within moments, recognize its species- Latias. "It seems madam Sakura was right," I murmur, spreading my wings to attract the psychic's attention, "this is a dragon-friendly establishment."

As the hostess reaches me, I put my name in: "Draconus. I'd like a booth, for obvious reasons." I then give the other dragon a glance. "Shall we dine together, or are you opposed? I don't get to see others of our kind often."

It is at this point I've calmed enough that my winds have slowed to a pleasant breeze, and I fold my wings against my body to better allow others waiting for a table room to stand.

Ruka took a look at Draconus.

"Sure, I don't get to see many dragons outside of my brother," she replied. "He's always so overprotective and fears that someone will try to hurt me, especially after what happened to his cousin back in Altomare. If you'd like to know what happened, he ended up sacrificing his life to protect everyone. I think you probably know about my status as a legendary Pokemon and how much people like catching others of my kind. I'm not a wild Pokemon, but I don't necessarily have a Trainer either. I do, however, have a friend who I don't mind giving me commands if she needs my assistance in battles."

She waited as a table could be arranged for the two of them to sit down.

"If it wasn't obvious by now, I also like to skateboard," Latias added, alluding to the fact that she was still wearing her skateboard helmet inside the restaurant with the visor down. "So yeah, hopefully you don't mind me wearing it."

"W-wait robot! It's still rain..." That all Des could hear Rip say as he stormed off into an allyway. Des got about 10 metres in before his began short-circuiting from the rain and fell. Rip soon caut up and saw Des in this awful state. "w-Rip, I-I-I nude your h-help... Th-there is a re-ed butt-ton-ton on my-y side. I n-need you to press it, it w-will sh-sec me back to my o-own t-t-t-time. Only th-th-they will have the tec-technology to f-f-fix me up. I m-may not comb back, b-b-but I w-will try, I still n-need to a-apologize t-to that drag-g-gon after all."

"Not at all," I say conversationally, not actually knowing what skateboarding is- it's probably something I can't see from a few miles up. I then notice something, and tilt my head to the side. "My wind kept the rain off me, but how are you dry?" I ask, utterly confused.

I shake my head, before extending a wing- hearing about something obviously terrible made for an awkward Draconus, as I don't often have conversations that extend beyond simple pleasantries. "Erm . . . I'm Draconus," I say weakly, not actually having anything to talk about at this point and hoping for the hostess to call us to a booth so I have the excuse of eating.

"I'm Ruka, pleased to make your acquaintance," Ruka said as she deactivated the visor on her helmet, so her emerald eyes were more visible. "My clothes are water-proof, so rain or any liquid runs off, Though I'm not bothered by it raining much otherwise."

She looked around for a while to examine her surroundings.

"Don't worry about what happened to my brother's cousin," she added. "He already knew that he'd probably wouldn't make it, given some people decided to go crazy and drain his power. If he were at full power, then he probably wouldn't have died protecting Altomare from a tidal wave. But that's another story."

"W-wait robot! It's still rain..." That all Des could hear Rip say as he stormed off into an allyway. Des got about 10 metres in before his began short-circuiting from the rain and fell. Rip soon caut up and saw Des in this awful state. "w-Rip, I-I-I nude your h-help... Th-there is a re-ed butt-ton-ton on my-y side. I n-need you to press it, it w-will sh-sec me back to my o-own t-t-t-time. Only th-th-they will have the tec-technology to f-f-fix me up. I m-may not comb back, b-b-but I w-will try, I still n-need to a-apologize t-to that drag-g-gon after all."

*huff* *huff* "Robot!", said Rip. She then put her umbrella under the machine. "Where's the button again? On his side? Hm...there!" Rip then pushed the button. "Are you okay, little one? I didn't even get to know your name."

Let's try to advance the plot somewhat. 

[spoiler=Sakura's IC]

Sakura looked out the window and saw that it had began pouring outside. Granted, it was already starting to rain when she encountered Z earlier, but now it was literally flooding. 

"It's really coming down, isn't it?," she mused. "Though I'm really only lucky that it wasn't too bad and Z didn't cause an accident. Still, I wonder what demon possessed him to go after the police in other cities. He knows well enough that I'm special division commander, and if I get called in, you'd better be running."

Just then, her phone began ringing like a police siren. She recognized it as an emergency call to a situation outside. Sakura went over to the phone and answered it. 

"What is it?," she answered. "This had better not be another one of those riots."

The voice on the other end told her that it was indeed a riot. Some people had decided to cause an argument at a nearby business down the street in response to the proprietor throwing one of their friends out for whatever reason. 

"And the rain isn't enough of a deterrent to stop them from pulling this sheet, is it?," she asked herself after hanging up. "I guess I'll have to take them down."

She began charging up her chakra and made the seal for multiple Shadow Clones. 

"Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu!," she yelled, and instantly ten duplicates of herself appeared. While her chakra reserves were large, it was nowhere near that of Naruto's, but then again, she didn't have a tailed beast inside of her. 

"Alright then, quell the riot down the block," Sakura told her clones, and they disappeared in a flash. 

----

Sakura began to sit down on her couch inside her living room. 

"Hopefully Draconus found a place to eat; either in that café or the Korean place in the mall," she thought. "Really hope he won't cause any more problems, now that I figured out what was going on."

OOC: 

Sakura gets called to deal with a small disturbance away from her house; sends Shadow Clones to deal with the manner and thinks about if Draco is doing fine now that he knows where to eat something.

"Ah . . . okay," I murmur, still somewhat awkward. "Personally, I don't wear clothing much. Gets in the way of flying, and since I spend much of my time on the wing . . ." I twitch my wings as a shrug.

As the hostess arrives, I extend a wing to Ruka. "She's with me," I say softly as I'm led to the booth I asked for.

I'm honestly glad that the menu is printed on a miniature standee on the table, because I've always been rather clumsy at attempting to use me front legs' function as hands. I murmur softly as I look over the menu- I might not have enough funds for this in the saddlebag of assorted currencies I pick up. "The roast duck, if you please."

Back to being Ruka:

----

IC:

Ruka had no problems picking up the menu, given she was adept at using her claws. She looked over the menu for a minute before making a decision. 

"I'll just take the spicy bibimguksu," she told the waitress taking their order.

The noodles weren't expensive, if $5.00 for a large bowl was considered cheap enough, and would come with a side order of kimchi, which she heard was a rather generous amount. She also tried not to burden Draconus too much with her food. 

"Your food will be ready in ten minutes; please be patient," the waitress replied as she took their orders and then gave both of them a glass of water before leaving. 

----

(some time later)

"Here's your food," the waitress announced as she brought Draconus and her their food. As she had hoped, the servings were quite large. It was no wonder that people recommended it by name. 

"By the way, where are you from?," Ruka asked as she took a slurp of her spicy noodles. 

Archived