Open RP Game; Post as your avatar

cr47t

Sakura was finishing up watching episode 105 of XY on her office computer. She looked out of her office window and watched Des and Helen "proposing" to each other. At least, that's what she though they were doing, though she couldn't hear what they were saying or see their actions clearly. 

"Well, I suppose that's one way to start up a relationship; however awkward it may seem at first," she remarked. "Some go well at first sight and others are well, going to take time. I know that it was the same for that certain boy I got attached to a couple years ago. We didn't necessarily get along at first sight, but over time, we've grown to respect each other pretty much." 

She clicked on one of her bookmarked sites and up popped an AMV showcasing two reindeer; a male and female, to the song "Show Me the Light". 

"And this is an example of love at first sight and stays that way, even if the lovers are split apart" she said to herself as she watched the AMV. "I have to admit this is pretty beautiful, and a good example of an OTP."

-----

OOC: Done with work, so I can do whatever I want at this point.

Yes, I actually have the link saved as a bookmark on Chrome (you'll find out why later on outside of this RP)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

{{OOC: And now to snap an otherwise civilized RP into pieces.}}

Surrounded by endless cyclonic winds, I'm not often welcome most places I go. Even as a younger, smaller member of my species, my dark body only so large as a horse's, the wind I am accompanied by never ceases, only slowing in moments of calm or rest. However, even a dragon of the storm needs to land on occasion, and if I focus the winds can slow to speeds that are merely inconvenient, rather than destructive.

I land somewhat comfortably in the middle of an urban park, my slowed winds kicking up trash, upending flimsy sun umbrellas, causing people to drop things, and severely angering a nearby custodian of the park I've taken as my resting place. "Apologies," I rumble, before folding my wings and trying to find something to eat.

I decide to walk on all fours, as undignified as the action is, to lower my profile and generally not cause a panic. Finding two people in the middle of conversation, I pause, before gruffly asking my piece, "Do either of you know of anything edible around here?"

{{OOC: Because f*ck logic, my avi is a generally polite dragon of destructive winds.}}

"I was going to take a moment to talk about our Lord and savior.", said Helen. "But since you cut me off, I assumed you wanted me to get to the point. Also: What's this about our "love"? Why would I ask a stranger this question? Don't you think this is something I'd have between you and me?"

The wind begins to blow more profusely. "What's that?!" Helen and Des looked up to see the great beast standing before them. "Do either of you know of anything edible around here?", said the creature. "D-don't eat me!", said Helen, as she took Des's hand and ran.

Sakura had just left her office and was going down the elevator. If she had her way, she'd teleport directly from inside her office and wouldn't have to take the elevator down 20+ floors and vice versa, but since Mr, Y had a policy of workers actually leaving through the door (despite his severe lack of evidence to suggest that there'd be any damage if she did teleport from the office), well...

"It's time to go home then," she exclaimed as she got out of the elevator and subsequently the building. "Think I'm going shopping at the mall the next block over. I could use some new clothes. That, and I'm running out of food at home. Remind me to never invite Choji or his family to my house again, because they literally ate everything in the refrigerator the other night."

She made a hand seal and teleported off to the nearby mall.

"Sorry" Des said hurryingly "I just..." Helen interrupted and pointed up at the sky "what's that" "I don't know" "I think it's some kind of dragon. The creature come closer "Do any of you know of anything edible around hear" "D-don't eat me" Helen said as she gripped Des and ran away.

A few blocks down Helen finally stopped running "I think we got away" she said puffing heavily, "Yeah" Des replied less puff out as Hellen was almost carrying him "Just 1 question." "yes. what is it?" "why did you save me? We barely know each other."

Sakura came out of the shopping mall, wearing a new set of clothes she had recently bought. They consisted of a plain blue T-shirt and a short-sleeved red jacket, coupled with a navy colored miniskirt and black shorts, and followed by knee-high black socks and similar height scarlet colored boots. Her normal clothing was in a backpack she got after spending a certain amount at the mall. In her arms were large bags of groceries she bought to replenish her fridge at home. 

"Luckily they were having a sale today, otherwise I would've had to pay a lot more for my stuff," she remarked. "But still, $129 for clothing and groceries is a lot of money, even with discounts. Least I have enough for a couple months or something; assuming that I don't invite any house guests that eat like pigs."

Sakura made the Seal of Confrontation with her right hand and vanished. 

----

OOC: Let's assume I look like one of those Japanese schoolgirls now (whether or not I actually retain this outfit for extended periods of time here remains to be seen). 

I end up doing people's work and not getting raises, smh.

I let out an annoyed growl, and continue to stalk around the park and generally startle people before finding a snack stand, knocking it over, and gorging myself on what falls out. Admittedly not very dignified, and it does cause my winds to reach an uncomfortable 12 miles an hour as my frustration begins to seep in, but it's calories.

I continue to roam the grassy park, in hopes of finding more to eat.

Sakura had just turned on the TV in her house to see what was going on. 

"And in other news, a dragon has been causing minor inconveniences for patrons of General Central Park," the newscaster began reading as the image of said dragon emerged on the screen. "Here's what a local custodian had to say on the matter." The screen cut to an image of a ruffled park custodian scowling on camera. 

*"Dat little sheet wen' blow da leaves I work fo' sweep over da park and two of dem trash bins" the man cursed towards the camera in reaction to the recent disturbance. Behind him, piles of trash and large gatherings of leaves lay scattered over the place. "Wen' take me all day fo' sweep and he wen' piss off mo' people too."

"He also knocked over my food stand and started eating out of it," an angry vendor vented. "How rude."

About five more people came on camera to vent their frustration before it cut back to other content. 

"Hmm, this must've happened after I left work because when I looked at the park during my video, the park looked fine," Sakura remarked. "Safe to assume that dragon isn't going to get a good track record in this city. I can't blame people for being pissed off, because I probably would too. But I suppose it couldn't be helped in his case."

----

[spoiler=OOC]

The custodian is using pidgin English, something that you will probably hear locals use if you come to Hawai'i (I use it too, but not too often). Here's a "proper English" translation.

"That (x) blew the leaves I worked hard to sweep across the park and two trash cans. It took me all day to sweep them, and he certainly pissed off other people as well."

---

Custodian and some other people are pissed off that Draco destroyed the park and knocked over the snack cart; nothing more. I don't have anything against you, Draco.

A few blocks down Helen finally stopped running "I think we got away" she said puffing heavily. "Yeah", Des replied with less puff out as Hellen was almost carrying him. "Just one question". "Yes. What is it?". "Why did you save me? We barely know each other."

Helen stopped for a moment tocatch her breath. "You could brush it off as impulse if you want. But I just saw the creature, and figured that when it looked for something edible, it was implying us. I could have just ran away myself. But...I couldn't just leave you in potential danger. Poor little thing." Helen then proceeds to hug Des, while at the same time burying him in her chest. Des then attempts to say something muffledly.

"You could brush it off as impulse if you want. But I just saw the creature, and figured that when it looked for something edible, it was implying us. I could have just ran away myself. But...I couldn't just leave you in potential danger. Poor little thing." Helen says while proceeding to hug Des, while at the same time burying him in her chest. Des then says, muffled by being so close "you know I'm not edible right, I'm made of metal" When he relizes Helen can't hear him, Des hugs her back then, slowly falling asleep inside her arms.

{{OOC: It's alright, Sakura. Mildly irritating hobo dragon expected this.}}

I admit, seeing so many people angry with me is threatening to accelerate my winds, but I just need to eat enough to be ready to fly long-distance again. I skitter down the path, seeking . . . anything, really. Flying eats up calories like one won't believe, and I very rarely see a bird I can just catch and eat mid-flight; my winds tip them off too quickly.

Before I know it, I've reached the edge of the urban park and groan. I don't have it in me to fly again, but I'd rather not be blamed for downed power lines. So, grudgingly, I return to the park and hope for a miracle.

[spoiler=Long IC]

"Hey Sakura-san, got a moment?," a voice sounded from outside Sakura's door. "Think there's something you need to know."

Sakura came over and opened it. She recognized the person outside as the substitute police chief in the city and the brother of one of her colleagues in a different department at work.

"What is it?," she asked.

"I know that you've been mentioning the lack of your coworker Z for the past couple months," the chief explained. "We've been investigating this and found that he's been involved in the recent disappearance of some officers, even those in other counties" He then went on to explain Z's transgressions in detail and that there was a warrant for his arrest.

Sakura's eyebrows jolted at the news. She had known Z for a very long time, and he never pulled this kind of crap; at least, not until now.

"So that's what he's been doing instead of coming to work," she replied. "I hope that you find him and bring him to justice. In the meantime, I'll be on the lookout for him. If he's spotted, I'll certainly notify you. The rest of my coworkers should know about this, though."

The chief nodded before leaving. 

[spoiler=OOC]

@Draco: Remember that it's the custodian and some random bystanders are pissed off, and not me.

I should probably get a second character (avi), if that's permissible. After a certain point, there is only so much I can do as Sakura.

As for the plot, this ties into the Moderator Hunger Games (you can figure out why that is).

----

Next one should be a little more related to the rest of you; right now, stuff is kind of separate.

"You could brush it off as impulse if you want. But I just saw the creature, and figured that when it looked for something edible, it was implying us. I could have just ran away myself. But...I couldn't just leave you in potential danger. Poor little thing." Helen says while proceeding to hug Des, while at the same time burying him in her chest. Des then says, muffled by being so close "you know I'm not edible right, I'm made of metal" When he relizes Helen can't hear him, Des hugs her back then, slowly falling asleep inside her arms.

After a few minutes, Helen's embrace decreases. "I have to go now, Des. Elaine could wake up at any moment now. While our time was short, it was nice while it lasted." Des then said, "W-wait. You're leaving already? But we just got to know each other! I don't even know who Elaine-" Helen then interrupts Des by placing her finger over Des's mouth and says, "Shhhh. I know we didn't get to know each other very well. But I assure you wouldn't want to know about me. Trust me when I say I'm far less docile and reserved than this. I'll be going about now. However, I don't want you to feel empty before I leave." She then proceeded to kiss Des for a long minute before walking away.

[spoiler=IC]

"I need some time to think about this" Sakura remarked to herself after hearing that Z was involved in the disappearance of local law enforcement both here and elsewhere. "When I find Z, his life will be a living hell."

She went over to her garage and opened the door. Inside was a blue 2015 Nissan Altima that Sakura had bought about a year ago. She had quite a bit of money saved up from her missions in Konoha and her surprisingly decent pay at work, despite her complaints about wanting a raise for nearly killing herself every day. That, and cars were surprisingly cheap in this city. She put the key in the ignition and drove off into the city. 

----

A few minutes later, Sakura reached the park near her office. From her car window, she could see the girl from earlier walking off from Des, who laid asleep from reasons unknown. Then, she got a peek at the dragon who caused quite a bit of mayhem earlier in the day. He was at the other end, near the parking lot. 

"Let's see why he was causing all those problems," she said to herself. "I would assume that he didn't MEAN to blow stuff over the place."

She drove over to the parking lot and found a space nearby. 

"I can only hope that he understands English, because pretty sure Tokyo area Japanese or hybrid Spanish aren't going to cut it with these dragons; at least, any that aren't named Latias."

[spoiler=OOC]

1. I told you I'd more/less connect with the rest of you guys this time around (now to wait for Draconus to respond).

2. This is turning into a small 4-man RP now (aside from myself, Draco, Nyx and The Next Design [and some others probably], rest of the people are still inside that room with the smashed lightbulb)

3. As far as anime canon goes, Sakura and Latias have never met. You can assume that it's just another dragon who happens to have that name, and not necessarily the Eon. 

4. This is a 2016 model, but you can't tell the difference: http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2016-Nissan-Altima-SR-102-876x535.jpg

Surely enough, I perk up at someone's approach and spread my wings. I'm used to seeing cars . . . from above. Far above. The things unsettle me, especially now knowing this smaller one comes roughly to my shoulder. The less comfortable I am, the faster my winds blow, and I'm already up to 15mph, a speed that can knock an adult human off their feet if they aren't prepared.

"Get out of your metal death box," I rumble. "The more I stress out, the faster this cyclone gets. You do not want to see them hit 20." My tail twitches, and I spread my wings a bit in an attempt to give myself more presence- that's how one stops a human, isn't it?

As an afterthought, I add, "Please. I'm just making a stop until I get enough to eat that I can fly again."

{{OOC: Ask and you shall receive.}}

Sakura saw the dragon twitching outside, not knowing if he was going to flare up and attack without warning.

"I would prefer not to have to fight today, nor use that rifle I have in the back seat," she remarked, glancing into her backseat at a service weapon that she received from work and had a permit to carry.

"I've dealt with dragons bigger than this before, so even if he is belligerent, I shouldn't have any problems dealing with him."

She got out of her car and confronted the dragon.

"Alright then, I heard you caused a bit of chaos earlier today. Tell me, what's going on?"

"Not intentionally," I huff. "I'm a storm dragon. The more agitated I get, the faster my winds blow," I indicate the slowly dissipating cyclone. "I only landed here to get enough in my system to fly off again."

I slowly fold my wings, and get close to the human. "I mean no trouble, but . . . you humans seem very keen on hiding edibles. Why is this?"

I sit on my haunches, and stop. "My apologies. I am Darkstorm, fifty years of age. Pleased to make your acquaintance." I offer my head forward, as humans seem to like touching things with their hands.

"Hmm, I see," Sakura remarked as Draconus told her everything. "I had suspected that the resulting chaos was an unintentional side effect, and looks like that's true. As for your question, I'm going to assume people are just afraid of you, for whatever reasons those may be. Although it depends on who you ask; some people chose to be secretive as all hell; others will tell you straight."

She straightened out her clothing, as to maintain a dignified appearance.

"I'm Sakura, special division commander at the YCC; that's probably all you need to know right now," she said as she introduced herself. "If that's all you wanted, there's a food place down the street from here."

She glanced to her northwest, hinting at the street that led to the restaurant.

"Though there appeared to be an argument involving some swordsman and a trio of golems regarding a broken light earlier today. I would imagine that issue has been resolved by now," she continued. "Hopefully they aren't closed by this hour; otherwise I know there's a Korean place at the shopping center down the block. For sure, they accept dragons and other creatures there."

New character:

Rip Van Winkle

Desc: She is tall and lanky, with glowing blue eyes and freckled cheeks. Rip has long blue tinted black hair that reaches down to her knees. A few bangs tend to stick up from her head, including a particularly long lock of hair that ends in a curl. Rip's usual outfit includes a dark blue-purple suit, a dark pink dress shirt, a green tie, and black shoes. She also wears glasses, white gloves - presumably to protect her hands when firing her musket - and a large silver Swastika pendant.

Artificial Vampire

Age: Rip van Winkle is at least 70 years old, but looks to be in her early twenties due to her artificial vampiric nature.

Personality: Playful and cheerful, exhibiting a rather childish personality on most occasions; however, she can be quite vicious depending on her mood. She is frequently seen grinning evilly when using her musket to shoot down incoming enemies as well.

Interests:She enjoys singing and operas, with her favorite being Der Freischütz.

Power/weapon: Rip uses a long-barreled flintlock musket that fires magic bullets which "punish all without distinction," tracking targets of their own accord, and which are seemingly armor-piercing (destroying helicopters, fighter jets and missiles with ease). These magic bullets leave a trail of blue light when fired and are even able to change their trajectories in mid-flight and repeatedly pepper a target before expiring.

Catchphrase:"Tinker tailor soldier sailor, my bullet punishes all without distinction".

http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Rip_Van_Winkle

Holding a yellow parasol, Rip Van Winkle walked down an unoccupied street. While walking, she was happily singing; "Mein Sohn, nur Mut! Wer Gott vertraut, baut gut!", sung Rip Van Winkle. However, before she could sing any more, she notice a pink-haired young lady, a robotic being, and a giant dragon. The robot, seeming alone, came closer the pink-haired one. Rip Van Winkle thought of introducing herself. "Guten tag, fraulein.", said Rip Van Winkle. "What?", said Des and Sakura. "Ich bin Rip Van Winkle", said Rip. "Sorry. I don't understand", said Sakura. "Oh! My apologies!", said Rip Van Winkle.

I cock my head towards the new arrival for a moment, eyeing her carefully- something doesn't look entirely right with her, and my nose definitely isn't liking her presence, but she seems harmless enough. I turn back to Sakura with a nod. "Many thanks, human. My problem, however, was my winds," I say, spreading my wings to better indicate the still relatively slow cyclone, at ten miles an hour: definitely fast enough to knock children off their feet with merely my presence, and inconvenient in general.

"From what I have heard, cities are places of stress. The more duress I am under, the faster the wind blows. And while admittedly my winds themselves are an inconvenience at worst under normal circumstances, here they can pick up things in a dangerous manner, or knock things down." I show this off by walking over to a discarded plastic toy, which is immediately caught up in the winds and flung halfway across the parking lot without me doing much of anything. "While I do no harm like this, last time I was near a human settlement I destroyed one of your power lines. Automobiles . . . startle me up close."

Something might be found funny about a massive winged reptile the size of a large horse being decidedly nervous around cars, if it weren't for said winged reptile pacing in circles and generally looking uncomfortable. "Do either of you have a solution?" I give both Sakura and the newcomer a pleading look.

OOC: Nyx, you're not supposed to take over our characters, but I did mention that Sakura doesn't speak German (or at least I implied that she didn't).

-----

"Well, you did find yourself in the middle of YC City, one of the most populated places in the world," Sakura responded to Draconus. "As for you getting used to cars and other automobiles up close, I suppose you could get used to seeing them parked like this. Right now, they aren't moving and generally aren't going to do anything. That is, if someone isn't in the car. Here, we have a couple of nutty folks who drive all kinds of ways or rather do silly things in their cars. And yes, cities can be stressful. I'd go on about my life at work, but that likely doesn't interest you."

She looked around for a bit, pacing her feet.

"Suppose you can get acclimated to seeing cars up close if you stay around ones that have no occupants in them," she continued. "Though, I can only wonder why automobiles frighten you in the first place up close, though."

I flap nervously, before shaking my head. "I have flown above more than my share of human roads. I've seen the destruction those wheeled projectiles cause. So much senseless loss of life . . ." I trail off, before returning to the topic. "Even a being my size could be helplessly crippled by one of those things, especially now that I don't have it in me to fly."

Just saying this makes the wind pick up, and the open window of Sakura's car creaks slightly under the strain.

I put forth a visible effort to calm down, and the winds slow down once again. "Apologies. I just want to get as far from human society as possible for a while, and I can't do that if I can't fly."

"Oh believe me, I'm seen a couple of nutjobs get into fits of road rage in their cars," Sakura replied. "The other day on the highway, some guy failed to signal a lane change and the other driver nearly rear-ended him into the lane divider. Said guy had a truck, and from experience, a lot of guys who have trucks are general bastards."

She looked out towards the highway across the city; the large bridges visible in the distance.

"Then again, a couple of large animals have gotten run over lately; a few of them being your size or a bit larger. Though, I would probably attribute that to people not properly securing said animals in the trailers. One of them was a horse that broke out of its trailer during high-speed rush hour traffic; that didn't end well."

She looked back at Draco. 

"Anyway, just go get a bite of food to eat and then hopefully you can be on your way," she finished. "If you still can't fly after this, suppose I can use teleportation ninjutsu to send you where you need to be."

"Shhhh. I know we didn't get to know each other very well. But I assure you wouldn't want to know about me. Trust me when I say I'm far less docile and reserved than this. I'll be going about now. However, I don't want you to feel empty before I leave." She then proceeded to kiss Des for a long minute before walking away.

That moment is all Des could think about when walking home. "Did she kiss me because she likes me, or because she knows I like her." When he was walking past the park, he noticed the dragon and pink haired girl from earlier, with someone else. "Hey, Girls! What are you doing with that monster!" Everyone turns around.

I look over at the other new arrival, extremely offended. "Oh look, a crime against nature," I snark in return, deep orange eyes narrowing in the machine's direction. "Thank you, madam Sakura," I say softly, my gaze returning to the pink-haired woman. "If I could have those directions, perhaps I'd best be on my way. Apparently society dislikes me as much as I dislike it."

My winds are at uncomfortable speeds, accelerating to twenty mph again, meaning that if I stop at a crosswalk the sustained force could potentially snap a power line. "Perhaps I may return the favor, someday. Ever ride dragonback?"

Archived