Open RP Game; Post as your avatar

cr47t

"You know, I don't remember," I confess with a laugh. "Like most things, I don't consider my birthplace worth remembering. I just fly from place to place, mostly," I continue between bits of my food. "It's what's best. Any stress, any at all, makes this wind speed up," I indicate the relatively gentle circular breeze. "I got shot at once and I started a hurricane!"

I continue chomping at the roast duck I ordered, and offhandedly comment, "Why do you think I'm so . . . difficult to approach? On top of being a dragon, and not one of the prettier varieties, I'm a mobile storm front!"

That said, I indicate the bag harnessed to me. "Mind checking this? Every time I stop, I put anything valuable, including various currencies, in there. I'm honestly not sure I have enough to pay for the food in local money. Were we in Japan, I have millions in yen in there for a fact, but . . ." I wing-shrug.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruka looked inside Draco's bag. 

"Yeah, you should have enough of the local money in here to pay for the food," she replied after scanning its contents. "Otherwise, I know there was a bank around here that would be willing to convert foreign money into USD."

"Though, I know that I have money in case something goes wrong," she added, hinting at one of the pockets in her jacket. "So yeah, don't worry about it."

She continued eating her noodles for a while before going for the kimchi next. 

[spoiler=OoC]I was going to wait for awhile but it looks like the story is going nowhere[spoiler=same character new look]584495-gamesbook-give-up-robot-2.jpg

A portal opens up in the alleyway and a black robotic figure comes out, using his antenna as a temporary umbrella ' I must find that dragon, I'll look at the department store first.' As he races though this now foreign city, the robot sees several landmarks he recognizes 'I'm getting close...'. When  he finally finds the building, he races inside and without a second thought asks the clerk "Has there been a rather skinny dragon with cyclones around him recently" "Sorry, I can not give that information out." "but I need it, it's a life or death situation" Just as he finishes saying this, someone replies back...

OOC: Well, there's kinda a bit of things going on at this time. Draco and Ruka are at the Korean restaurant that Sakura mentioned earlier; she's sent to deal with a riot down the street from her house. And then there's you and Nyx/Rip in the rain and you technically short-circuited or something.

As for everyone else, I don't know where they stand now.

---

IC:

[spoiler=Because acceptance is a virtue]

Sakura's shadow clones had finished dealing with the riot. Due to the severity, a few of them had to be subdued with force but sometimes one doesn't have the luxury of not having to resort to that, especially given that her punches were powerful enough to break tempered steel or fly someone a considerable distance. Given how the shadow clones passed on the knowledge to their original form, after she deactivated her clones, she instantly found out why the riot occurred in the first place.

"For some reason, the proprietor didn't agree with that guy being a certain orientation, so he threw him out," she remarked. "As a result, the rest of them staged a protest. While I don't approve of the methods used, I can understand why they did it. No one has the right to deny access to a person based on that, even if your beliefs say otherwise. If people want to be different, then fine."

She looked at a book marked "Laws of YC City" on a sidetable.

I don't believe the city has any laws that would prohibit store owners from doing so, but it should be addressed," Sakura said as she looked through the book. "Nope, I don't see anything."

"Though, most of the people on this block are generally accepting; it's only a few of those traditionalists who choose to be jackasses about the whole matter."

While Sakura did make some shadow clones, she didn't collapse on the floor like Naruto did for a time; likely since she only made ten clones as opposed to thousands. However, she did end feeling a bit tired.

"Hopefully I can at least rest now," she remarked as she fell asleep on the couch.

[spoiler=OoC]

you technically short-circuited or something.

well yes I did... but afterwards Nyx sent me back to my own time to get repaired, and I'm back, for reasons unknown, as of this moment

"Hey there, robot scam." a deep voice said. Des turns around and see a dragon, 'oh c***', he must have followed me here' I think before quickly coming up with a respocne"What do you want, axcelious!?" "It's not what I want, It's what my master want's, and he want you back" "Not gonna' happen" and a skid picking up dust into the dragon's eyes, it screeches and I ran for it, soon after passing a Korean restaurant, I end up back in the alleyways bumping into someone.

Until Draco posts again, Ruka the Latias is essentially stuck where she is (so back to being Sakura for a while).

---

[spoiler=IC]

Sakura had woken up from her short nap and was watching television. Right now, she was watching an anime about a 14-year old playing with circus animals and trying to win acceptance. 

"I remember when Naruto used to go running around saying 'I'm going to be Hokage one day; dattebayo!'," she mused as she watched the show. "This kid is similar, but unlike Naruto, he has far to learn about getting people to like him. At the very least, Naruto actually TRIED with his own effort to make people like him, including Sasuke, even though it meant risking his life multiple times (and losing his arm). In the end, most of Konoha adored him, especially after he saved the village multiple times from Orochimaru, the Akatsuki and even Kaguya Ohtsutsuki; the minority who didn't approve being Danzou and the former councilors, but all of them have passed on already, so there are really no dissenters nowadays."

She paused for a moment to catch her breath.

"Where is Naruto now? Living his dream as the Hokage like he dreamed to be when we were younger; along with having a beautiful wife. I don't know if he has kids now. Needless to say, people admire him now, and frankly, I envy him myself, even if I'm in a rather high position of authority myself here."

Sakura looked back on the screen. 

"With this kid...what has he accomplished lately?," she asked. "Right now, all he really did was establish the fact that he wants to bring smiles to everyone, but right now, very few people are even buying it. Although I'd hate to admit this, even Ino's done more than this kid, despite the fact that she's even more pushy now as an adult and her annoyance level is comparable to him. At least she actually was of some help during the war, in light of me having to do the heavier work, like healing everyone and contending with an opponent who could very well be considered a god. That, and she at least got someone to notice and marry her in the end."

She went over into the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water before returning.

"Needless to say, if this kid wants to be recognized, he has to prove it to them in ways that aren't going to make them cringe," she remarked. "That, and know the circumstances where this kind of behavior is tolerable. I seem to recall he pissed off a couple people earlier."

[spoiler=OOC]

I think you can guess what Sakura is watching right now, and why the links to Naruto's past (and correlations to her rival in love) are here. 

{{OOC: Sorry about that; this thread tends to get buried in my "My Content" page.}}

I finish my duck, bones and all, without another word . . . at least until I look back up at Ruka with an odd look. "Convert? I wasn't aware humans had mastered alchemy to that extent," I say, mildly confused and impressed.

I then tilt my head and re-angle my neck to fumble with the straps on my bag, and collect enough currency to pay for my meal, one bill at a time. "That out of the way, I'm glad to have seen another dragon. Even as well-traveled as I am, I haven't seen too many more of our kind."

Back to Ruka (I'll write her posts in red from this part forward; Sakura will be in blue)

-----

"When I said convert, I didn't mean in the alchemic sense," Ruka replied as she took another bite of her kimchi. "Basically, there's a place downstairs where you can exchange foreign currencies for their equivalent value in USD or other currencies. Just be warned that because of the way the economy works internationally, the exact values aren't necessarily set in stone."

She asked the waitress if she could get a takeout container for the rest of her food. Unlike Draco, she had a good amount of leftovers; likely due to her not needed to eat so much at once. At least she could save it for later. 

"But yeah, I don't see a lot of dragons besides my brother in this city either," she added. "So this was a good change of pace."

Ruka put her leftovers in the takeout container. She thanked Draco for the food and left a small tip on the table before leaving. 

----

"Now I need to buy new skateboard gear," she said to herself. 

With Ruka gone, I had no reason to stay either, so I quickly made my way out of the small restaurant to the waiting couple. "All right, then," I murmur, forcibly irritating myself to kick up a powerful enough wind to deflect rainfall, "let's get moving."

I walk down the street with the pair of humans in tow, and through my wind I notice a black robot stuck in an alleyway not too far from the restaurant I had been eating in. "What is with this city and robots?" I murmur, continuing with a shake of my head.

Noticing that it was a wall, not a person, I ran into,  plan a way escape from the dragon when I see Draco I'm looking for, 'This is not good, if this numbskull of dragons see him, things are going to get bad, real bad.' "Any last words robot!" "Nope." I then fire my swingshot at his face, knocking him out.

I quickly run and catch up to Draco, blocking him off. "Draco, I need to speak to you, privately."

Ruka post

[spoiler=IC]

"Which one should I buy?," Ruka asked herself after she had left the Korean restaurant and went upstairs to the skateboard store.

There were about fifty different choices she could go for, and all within reasonable pricing. She needed a new skateboard to retrofit into a Duel Board for Riding Duels, as her current one needed to be repaired again. She looked at her wallet to check if she had enough money on her. 

"I think I'll wait on them for now," she concluded. "As much as I like the designs, I can probably ask my friends elsewhere to dig up parts from the scrapyard. May be cheaper that way, and it's environmentally friendly. I have enough money though, but is it really worth it now? I can design it however I want later, or just buy the fancy stuff at a later date."

In the end, Ruka just bought a new set of skateboard pads for herself. 

"Think there's something else I need to get here," she remarked as she went out of the skateboard store. 

Sakura post

[spoiler=IC]

Sakura's show had just concluded and her television had just been turned off.

"In retrospective, that kid has a lot of work to do," she remarked afterwards. "I can't blame his opponent for getting pissed off at the way he goes about making his name known. Take myself for example; I used to only be good at academic things back in the Academy, but two years in training really made a difference. I became capable of fighting an Akatsuki on my lonesome and being touted as the second coming of the Sannin, along with Sasuke and Naruto."

She looked around.

"Not saying that this kid has to go on a similar path to what I did, but he needs to find his own way of doing things," she added. "Being a copycat of one's own father is not an ideal move, and even the last person this tactic was used on literally told you to get the hell out of his sight...in front of at least 200,000 people. That kid needs to realize that some of the things he's doing for entertainment are downright not amusing to some people."

"Wait, what am I doing complaining about some 14-year old kid who has an incessant desire for carnival tricks? Least it's better than me talking about Z or Mr. Y's failure to keep the department in order. I might as well go eat out tonight; there's a nice kaiseki restaurant in the next district."

Sakura went upstairs to change her clothes. In ten minutes, she came out, went to her garage and drove over to the restaurant.

[spoiler=OOC]

• So, double character posts.
    • Ruka's buying skateboard gear and some other unnamed stuff
    • Sakura's giving commentary on a certain character and Mr. Y, and going out to eat at a Japanese restaurant in light of the day's events. 

I shrug my wings, and willfully slow down my gale force winds to make sure the little robot isn't shredded to pieces, unfortunately getting my human charges rather damp in the process. As they leave, I admit the machine and allow my own temper and trepidations to flare, shielding me from the increasingly cold and heavy rainfall with winds clocking in at 80 miles an hour.

"Given that the humans left, I don't see why not," I murmur dryly, the excessive sarcasm a byproduct of intentionally allowing my emotions to rage for this protective cyclone.

"So, mechanical one . . . what have you to say?" I ask, coming off as incredibly irritated due to my efforts to maintain the wind at this velocity.

"I just needed to say I'm sorry, about before, you probaly don't regonize me, but you do know me, I..."

I then see the dragon from before getting back up, 'Damn it!' I thought 'I must have got a 'recovery' dragon, just my luck' "It's not safe to continue talking here" I say to Draco, Grapping his hand and running.

I hear yelling from behind "Hey, Master! what are you doing here?! Where are you going?!" The dragon then spots me "Let go of him you robot scam!" He then sprits after us.

I sort of vaguely trot behind the mechanism gripping my wing, wondering what's up for a moment before I look back and notice someone giving chase behind me. "What a city," I murmur, starting to run.

Before it can rip my wing clear off, I flip the robot onto my back and get a good run going. I'm not intentionally agitating myself anymore, but still the winds blow at dangerously high speed. It's honestly a good thing it's starting to roll over into evening: were anyone out and about in this heavy downpour, with my honest-to-goodness cyclone tearing down the street, they'd be seriously endangered.

Grunting in frustration, I take flight with my passenger. "Not a word of this," I hiss, taking flight with an unrivaled speed and grace, leaving our pursuers a good way behind. "Looks like I've overstayed my welcome. I'll drop you off when I land in a few days."

With that, YCM City slowly fades away in the distance, my slowing hurricane tearing a scar into the ground far below.

"Well, that was an eventful trip to the mall," Ruka remarked as she exited the shopping mall. "The best thing is that I didn't have to spend too much."

In her claws were two bags; one containing the skateboard gear she bought after her late-afternoon lunch with Draco and another, some boxes of pastries she bought from a nearby bakery in addition to her leftover Korean food from earlier. 

"Hopefully, he didn't worry about me too much," she said to herself, alluding to her brother still at home somewhere else in the city. "But really, I'm 15; I can handle myself on trips in the city."

Luckily, not too many people were around so she simply flew off from the entrance back home. 

"If she's free tomorrow, I should ask Sakura if she wants to go on a girls-day out," she thought to herself. "I know she has to work a lot though."

"Don't worry, I won't say anything" I say responding to Draco's comment "but I think you might want to drop me off sooner, I'm  that Red robot from before, and I was saying sorry from before, about assuming you were a monster before I got to know you, It was probably because of that girl I was with, but that is no excuse, so I understand if you tell me to go..."

OOC: Let's just assume that it's another day now. 

[spoiler=IC]

Morning

It had been a couple days since Sakura had to assist in capturing her former colleague Z and quelling a riot outside a nearby business. She had the next three days off from work, due to having worked extremely hard. But that vacation didn't come from Mr. Y, but rather the executive board. 

"It feels great to not have to work until Thursday," she remarked as she started to change her clothes. "Now that I got that assistant trained, he should be able to handle the paperwork while I'm gone. Now if only finding replacements for Z and those other two was just as convenient. Z is certainly getting fired after that little stunt he pulled, and staffing was already at a minimum to begin with."

She put on the clothes she bought from the mall a few days prior and went over to her car. 

"Maybe I'll have a look at the art gallery downtown," she said as she got in and drove off. "I know Ruka asked me out on a girls-day out a couple days ago; hopefully she's available now."

[spoiler=OOC 2]

• Sakura and Ruka will meet up eventually
  • I get 3 days vacation, and assistant promoted (you can probably figure out the analog to this)
  • Art gallery is left to your interpretation; either can be Showcase or CC. 

Flying alone once more, the robot abandoned, I continue on the wing. My winds propel me forward, and I coast on my own updrafts. The crowds of the city far behind me, I wonder regarding Ruka, that Latias I met. I begin to wonder if, and where, I may run into another of our kind again. Even as the solitary kind of dragon, alone all my life, it's something that comes to mind.

However, I just continue flying, up north because I don't head up there very often.

[spoiler=IC]

"I hope Sakura got my email the other day," Ruka thought to herself as she went onto the balcony of the apartment she lived in with her brother on the eastern part of the city. Her brother came outside as well. 

"Make sure that you don't get into any trouble out there," her brother told her.

Ruka looked at her brother and made a sulky face. She knew that she had to watch her back because of her status as a legendary, but this was at least the thousandth time he said this.

"Sheesh, I'm not a child anymore, nii-san," she exclaimed. "I didn't get into trouble the last couple times I went out." 

She went over to her bedroom and put on her jacket and skateboard helmet before grabbing a backpack near her bed. 

"「行ってきます!」(I'm going!)," she called out as she activated the visor on her helmet and flew off. 

-----

Ruka flew for a little while before stopping at the art gallery about a couple miles from her apartment. 

"I know she likes art, so maybe she'll be there," she thought. 

She circled around and flew down towards the gallery. 

[spoiler=OOC]

• Next one will likely be long, since it's a combo of both my characters. So yeah, expect red/blue to be together in the same post. 
  • Notice that I haven't said who her brother is, although it is implied to be a Latios. 

The Doctor Races down a Brownish hallway, an explosion closing in on him and handles. "Hold on," he says to the robotic head jumping though a window and into a blue police box.

5 minutes later... 500 years in the past.

The Blue Box appeared in a art gallery the doctor bursts out yelling, "Has anyone seen a silver and/or black robot that is cursing a rip in the spacetime continuum, and does anyone know where I can find a fez"

[spoiler=OoC]Note: Although I am keeping with this Avatar for awhile I will Probably use Des as well, in the future

[spoiler=OoC]

Introducing Bergamot, my new avi and character for this RP. In short, while Draco is off being a cool traveling dragon, Bergamot will stay in the city for less mobile characters to interact with.

As in her card art, Bergamot is a tall, redheaded woman, with a serious disposition and little time for fun and games. She constantly smells of incense and flowers.

Draco

Perhaps, the travel-happy dragon decided, it would be ideal to head further and further north- it might be for the best that the living cyclone did its living away from people.

\\\\\\

Bergamot

She had been sent by her sisters to advertise for their shop- a simple enough task, what with this being a city of hundreds of thousands. Merely standing on a street corner and handing out flyers was all but guaranteed to increase foot traffic in Aromage Floral Arrangements, but Bergamot thought higher.

The nigh-Amazonian woman would attend an art gallery, to attract a higher-class (and potentially higher-paying) clientele. Smooth, simple conversations would be ideal.

"Come to Aromage Floral Arrangements," Bergamot said softly, "with flowers so beautiful and fragrant they repair one's soul. Certainly you could spare a moment of your time . . ." Yet another prospective customer gone. Damn it all.

The doctor soon relizes that he is alone, "Handles, do you know where we are?" "Scaning, scanning, scanning, we are in YC gallery, home to many a work, from many an artsist" "I didn't know you were into art..." "I'm not, I was just reading the sign over there" "Oh, just shut up." The doctor says turning to the sign. "Now, lets find someone... Oh but you should probaly stay in the tardis," The doctor said putting Handles back in the tardis. "we dont want to freak anyone out"

The doctor soon found himself surround by a crowd, he soon went to a tall redhead woman that was handing out panflets. "Excuse me, I'm the doctor" he interapted, pulling out and showing his phychic paper  " Have you seen a silver or black robot?"

Archived