Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

1. When I draw a fairy while Tethys on the field, do I get to draw 2 more cards?

2. When I summon a Blue Eyes White Dragon and the opponent activated Solemn Strike, can I activate Overwhelm in respond?

1. No. You draw your monster, Tethys' effect activates, allowing you to reveal it to draw 1 card.

2. If you mean the Normal Monster, then I can't imagine it being Summoned in a way that allows Solemn Strike to be chained. Solemn Strike can only be activated in response to Summons not caused by a card or effect that starts a chain. e.g. Link Summoning, Xyz Summoning, Synchro Summoning, Contact Fusing, or a card like Cyber Dragon. If you activated a card like Ancient Rules to SS Blue Eyes White Dragon, by the time the card effect to Summon it has resolved, BEWD has been Summoned, so Solemn Strike misses its activation window.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Yes, it can activate multiple times if you draw another Fairy monster.

2. No, a monster must be on the field for Overwhelm to be activated, as Solemn Strike activates before the monster is on the field, it is not currently considered to be on the field, so Overwhelm cannot be activated.

1. Yes, it can activate multiple times if you draw another Fairy monster.

2. No, a monster must be on the field for Overwhelm to be activated, as Solemn Strike activates before the monster is on the field, it is not currently considered to be on the field, so Overwhelm cannot be activated.

If that's what he means for question one, that makes more sense. Yes, you can activate it multiple times if you draw another Fairy Monster off of its effect.

What scenario could you chain Strike to BEWD?

When I search on Google, I saw Supreme King Servant Dragon Dark Rebellion but when I search on the database, there is only Supreme King Dragon Dark Rebellion, which one is correct?

Are Supreme King Z-arc and Supreme King Dragon Zarc the same?

1. Supreme King Dragon is the TCG localization of the Supreme King Servant Dragon archetype in the OCG. So cards with the latter in Japanese will be translated with the former when released outside of Japan. They can be considered to be the same card.

2. More specifically here, Supreme King Z-Arc is the localization of Supreme King Dragon Zarc. So, same as above, and they are the same card.

is there a situation in which 2 win conditions can resolve at the same time? For example, assuming the following card:

Normal Spell

Draw 1 card and you take 1000 damage.

when you have 1000 LP and 4 pieces of Exodia in your hand, with the 5th on top of your deck. When this hypothetical spell resolves, you would both win (drawn exodia) and lose (0 LP). How would that situation resolve itself? And is there precedent for this kind of thing happening?

is there a situation in which 2 win conditions can resolve at the same time? For example, assuming the following card:

Normal Spell

Draw 1 card and you take 1000 damage.

when you have 1000 LP and 4 pieces of Exodia in your hand, with the 5th on top of your deck. When this hypothetical spell resolves, you would both win (drawn exodia) and lose (0 LP). How would that situation resolve itself? And is there precedent for this kind of thing happening?

You lose the moment your LP becomes 0.

Exodia doesn't cause you to win until the current Chain Link resolves.

So you'd lose.

To tie this into an official ruling from Konami:

For cards like "Graceful Charity", "Dark World Dealings", "Solar Recharge", "Allure of Darkness", "Common Charity", and similar cards: if you draw the fifth piece of "Exodia the Forbidden One" through this effect, then you declare victory after you finish fully resolving the effect. If the second part of the effect causes you to discard a piece, then after you finish fully resolving the effect "Exodia the Forbidden One" is no longer complete, so you cannot declare victory.

0 LP at any point, on the other hand, is considered a loss.

1.what is the difference between The ATK of this card becomes twice the original ATK of 1 monster that you Tributed for the Tribute Summon of this card and this card gains twice the original ATK of 1 monster that you Tributed for the Tribute Summon of this card?

2.can i activate the flip effect of slate warrior after being destroyed?

3.if I negate effect of a monster is that mean the effect will be negated forever?

1.what is the difference between The ATK of this card becomes twice the original ATK of 1 monster that you Tributed for the Tribute Summon of this card and this card gains twice the original ATK of 1 monster that you Tributed for the Tribute Summon of this card?

2.can i activate the flip effect of slate warrior after being destroyed?

3.if I negate effect of a monster is that mean the effect will be negated forever?

1. "Becomes" is usually used on monsters with 0 or ? ATK, although "gains" can also be used on it. Basically, Becomes sets the ATK of the Summoned monster to the exact ATK of the Tributed monster. Gains, on the other hand, adds it to the base ATK of the monster, whatever it is. So if it already had 500 ATK, the ATK of the Tributed monster would be added onto that.

2. Destroyed by battle, yes. Destroyed by a card effect, no.

3. Depends. "Negate that monster's effects" either permanently negates the effects of that monster, or until the card effect says it stops (see Effect Veiler) but a card like Memory Loss only negates this specific use of that specific effect. If the effect has no Once per turn clause, it can be used again.

Hopefully this is the right spot for this. I'm just kind of unsure on how this should work so please forgive me for not knowing if it turns out extremely simple. 

So my opponent had Cyber Dragon Infinity and he went to attack and I plopped out a Battle Fader to stop it. He used Cyber's effect to negate the summon and effect of Battle Fader. Does this work considering BF is a from the hand effect? 

Hopefully this is the right spot for this. I'm just kind of unsure on how this should work so please forgive me for not knowing if it turns out extremely simple. 

So my opponent had Cyber Dragon Infinity and he went to attack and I plopped out a Battle Fader to stop it. He used Cyber's effect to negate the summon and effect of Battle Fader. Does this work considering BF is a from the hand effect? 

Yes. Infinity's Quick Effect can Chain to monster effects activated anywhere.

Note that the only thing that gets negated is the activation of Fader's effect. Fader's Special Summon and effect aren't negated.

So does the battle phase ending still go off?

This is a single effect: "When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then end the Battle Phase."

So if the effect is negated, or its activation is negated (like in your scenario), none of the above occurs.

This is a single effect: "When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then end the Battle Phase."

So if the effect is negated, or its activation is negated (like in your scenario), none of the above occurs.

Wait... I'm so confused. So does that mean BF just goes to the GY or does it mean it stays in my hand or what? Negated the activation and then destroyed the card so that would mean he goes to the GY?

Wait... I'm so confused. So does that mean BF just goes to the GY or does it mean it stays in my hand or what? Negated the activation and then destroyed the card so that would mean he goes to the GY?

Yes.

The activation of Fader's effect is negated by Infinity's effect ("negate the activation"). Fader is destroyed by Infinity's effect ("destroy it").

Destroyed cards are sent to the Graveyard if possible.

Destroyed cards are sent to the Graveyard if possible.

Just some clarification: It is possible for monsters to to be sent to the GY when destroyed from any location (hand, Deck, field, Extra Deck, etc.) except for two scenarios (assuming no other cards or effects). Monsters in the GY and banished monsters are not and are not considered to be sent to the GY if they are destroyed while there.

Just some clarification: It is possible for monsters to to be sent to the GY when destroyed from any location (hand, Deck, field, Extra Deck, etc.) except for two scenarios (assuming no other cards or effects). Monsters in the GY and banished monsters are not and are not considered to be sent to the GY if they are destroyed while there.

Monsters that are banished or in the Graveyard can't be destroyed at all. They don't get destroyed and just stay put.

Monsters that are banished or in the Graveyard can't be destroyed at all. They don't get destroyed and just stay put.

Would this mean that an effect such as Infinity's being used on something in the GY, such as Fairy Tail - Snow, would stop the coming back but the destroy part wouldn't work? Same with an effect from the banish like Necroface?

Would this mean that an effect such as Infinity's being used on something in the GY, such as Fairy Tail - Snow, would stop the coming back but the destroy part wouldn't work? Same with an effect from the banish like Necroface?

Yeah, a Snow in the Graveyard and a Necroface that is banished can't be destroyed. (Their effects' activations are still negated.)

Archived