Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Sorry for my previous stupid question. This is my correct question:

When Wave Motion Cannon receive a counter in standby phase, is it an activation?

No. Your opponent can respond to a counter being placed on it, but the action of placing a counter on your Wave Motion Cannon does not start a chain or activate.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 - Imperial Order is activated when Break!Draw! or Swords of Revealing Light on the field and then Imperial Order leaves the field, how will it turn out for the other two cards?

2 - If a card's effect to let player send cards from top of the deck to the graveyard but here are no cards left on the deck, is it the loss for the player who activated that card?

1 - Can't answer this one.

2 - You cannot activate a card or effect that would send more cards from the top of your Deck to the GY than you currently have in your Deck or you don't have any cards in your Deck. Mandatory effects that send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY simply are unable to apply correctly, and you do not lose the Duel.

"The other two cards are no longer negated and thus their effects are active again. However, if Imperial Order is still active Swords will destroy itself in 3 turns."

Thanks for your answer but if Swords of Revealing Light's effect are negated, how can it destroy itself in 3 turns?

About Break!Draw!, if its effect is negated for a few turns, when it is active again then the timing for the card's effect would be all wrong, how will it resolve?

"The other two cards are no longer negated and thus their effects are active again. However, if Imperial Order is still active Swords will destroy itself in 3 turns."

Thanks for your answer but if Swords of Revealing Light's effect are negated, how can it destroy itself in 3 turns?

About Break!Draw!, if its effect is negated for a few turns, when it is active again then the timing for the card's effect would be all wrong, how will it resolve?

The turn countdown is not an effect it is an condition.

Break draw would still die in 3 end phases same as swords.  The condition is not reset

Counters vs. "Unaffected by card's effect" monsters

Say you place a Cubic Counter on a Raidraptor Ultimate Falcon (or any unaffected by stuff monster).  All the cards that place Cubic Counters state that cards with Cubic Counters have their effects negated, but the way it is written suggests that it is an aspect of the counter itself rather than the card that places the counter.  That said, two questions:

1. Is the negation aspect a card effect or the effect of the counter itself?

2. Is the Ultimate Falcon/Unaffected monster's effect negated in the above scenario?

1. Ok, that makes sense.  That was the impression that the card text gave.

2. Huh.  I'm surprised.  Placing a counter isn't (imo) actively affecting the card, but I suppose one could make arguments either way.  Interesting that it's ruled that way.  Guess I'm scratching that CC idea off my list...

So i was dueling one guy and he just took his pendulum cards out of the zones and placed new ones in. Is this legal????

Yes, they dont work like field spells. Once placed in that zone they cannot be moved manually

What? I think you meant no. No, you cannot simply remove a card from your Pendulum Zone. You cannot activate a card to replace a card in your Pendulum Zone either. Once a card is in the Pendulum Zone, it cannot be removed except for a card or effect.

What? I think you meant no. No, you cannot simply remove a card from your Pendulum Zone. You cannot activate a card to replace a card in your Pendulum Zone either. Once a card is in the Pendulum Zone, it cannot be removed except for a card or effect.

Dislexia to its finest, i read "is that ilegal", my bad

About Fuse Line effects, does that mean it can be activated in face-down position, does it go to the graveyard after activation?

It works like any other Normal Trap Card. When you activate the card, you flip it face-up. "While this card is Set:" means the card has to be Set when you are about to activate it. The colon (":") denotes activation conditions. Once you actually activate it, its activation conditions no longer have to be true. It doesn't get activated face-down; it has to be face-down on the field to be activated face-up.

The significance of "While this card is Set:" is it tells you that you can't activate it from your hand.

Archived