Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

2.(example) the monster havev100 atk and monster have effect says flip gain 1000 atk and he have get the points and i have activate axe of dispair to give hem 1000 atc and he have get the points then a activate riryoku the atk will be 1000 or 1500?

3.i mean if have 7 card at the end phase can i discard the card and activate knight day grepher effect before the next turn?

i mean have 1000 atk not 100

2. Its halved ATK becomes 1000. Even if Axe of Despair leaves the field afterwards before the End Phase, the ATK remains 1000.

3. No.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Future Fusion count the monsters it sends to the Graveyard as Fusion Materials at the time of the summon?

During your 1st Standby Phase after this card's activation: Show 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck and send the Fusion Materials listed on it from your Main Deck to the GY. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's activation: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck with the same name as the monster you showed.

I used it to summon Infernoid Tierra on YGOPro and was surprised that it went off.

When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can: Apply these effects, in sequence, depending on the number of Fusion Materials with different names used for this card's Summon

I presumed it would not work since the materials aren't actually being used in the summon, it's only the secondary effect of Future Fusion that brought it out.

1 - Can Magician's Right Hand work against Ultra Polymerisation?

2 - So if Solemn Strike is spell speed 3, Magician's Left Hand shouldn't be able to work against Solemn Strike since it is spell speed 1, is that right?

3 - Can Solemn Strike work on the summons of Judgement Dragon and Chaos Sorcerer? 

1 - Can Magician's Right Hand work against Ultra Polymerisation?

2 - So if Solemn Strike is spell speed 3, Magician's Left Hand shouldn't be able to work against Solemn Strike since it is spell speed 1, is that right?

3 - Can Solemn Strike work on the summons of Judgement Dragon and Chaos Sorcerer? 

Spell Speed matters on activated responses to put it in words. Both magicians hands are contnious opt negations, as long as they were already on the field before set cards activations they will be negated. As for Strike, yes it can, both are inherited SS

Can trigger effect start a chain? (like when Magician's Right Hand effect activated by responding to the first spell card that the opponent played)

How to know when an effect start a chain or not?

When a card or effect has a colon and/or a semicolon, it means it activates/starts a chain/adds onto a chain. If it just has a comma, it merely applies when its certain scenario is met directly, without having to activate a cost or add itself onto the chain.

In this card, your opponent activates a Spell Card, you are then given the opportunity to chain any card or effect in response to the Spell Card as Chain Link 2. When the chain resolves backwards, your card or effect resolves, then, when the Spell Card attempts to resolve, your face-up Magician's Right Hand negates that resolution.

Thank-you for your answer, if I have a monster on an Extra Monster Zone, and I use Monster Reborn to bring Decode Talker on the monster zone under the other Extra Monster Zone and it is empty, can I now special summon a monster from the Extra Deck to the empty Extra Monster Zone?

Thank-you for your answer, if I have a monster on an Extra Monster Zone, and I use Monster Reborn to bring Decode Talker on the monster zone under the other Extra Monster Zone and it is empty, can I now special summon a monster from the Extra Deck to the empty Extra Monster Zone?

The only time you can Summon a monster to an Extra Monster Zone while you have a monster in the other Extra Monster Zone is when you have what is called an Extra Link. This is when you have a sort of "connection" of Link Monsters between the first Extra Monster Zone and the second Extra Monster Zone.

A monster can be Linked (have a Link monster pointing to it) or co-Linked (have a Link monster pointing to it AND be a Link Monster pointing to the aforementioned Link Monster). You can only Summon to that other Extra Monster Zone if the Summoned monster will be co-linked all the way back to the monster in the other Extra Monster Zone. Don't know if I've done a good job explaining it, but hopefully this diagram makes sense:

TCG-Extra-Link.jpg

1 - Can Cyber Angel Vrash's effect work against Solemn Judgement?

2 - Same question but with Herald of Perfect, instead Cyber Angel Vrash.

3 - Can the opponent look into their face-down banished card?

4 - Can I activate Cyber Angel Natashah from the GY without it first being summoned?

1 - Can Cyber Angel Vrash's effect work against Solemn Judgement?

2 - Same question but with Herald of Perfect, instead Cyber Angel Vrash.

3 - Can the opponent look into their face-down banished card?

4 - Can I activate Cyber Angel Natashah from the GY without it first being summoned?

Counter traps cannot be chained (respon with activated stuff) except with another counter trap, Vrash and Herald cant do anything

3. Yes

4. No

Thanks for your answer but about the answer for question 1, I thought the effect of Herald of Perfection is the trigger effect which can be activated when the opponent activate spell or trap, since the Magician's Left Hand can respond to counter trap even though it is not a counter trap, is it true?

Thanks for your answer but about the answer for question 1, I thought the effect of Herald of Perfection is the trigger effect which can be activated when the opponent activate spell or trap, since the Magician's Left Hand can respond to counter trap even though it is not a counter trap, is it true?

Pretty sure you can't since MLH says it's a continuous effect. It never activated outside of its initial card activation. It's kinda like how Imperial Order can negate Super Polymerization

Why can't infinite transience negate Altergeist Multifaker

I saw somebody above saying that Magician's Left Hand could negate Solemn Strike effect so I'm not sure how to solve this since trigger effect doesn't have to rely on spell speed, please explain.

Magician's left hand is not an activating effect.

It does not activate in response to an effect; it merely applies as said effect resolves.

Assuming you know about chains, the simple answer about Counter Traps: A non-Counter Trap or effect cannot be activated in response to a Counter Trap in a chain. This applies to trigger effects as well

However, only cards or effects that activate can be considered to chain to said thing. Magician's Left Hand lack of a colon or semicolon means it does not activate, and as such doesn't have to wait in a chain for its activation to resolve. If I activate Solemn Strike, no effect is chained to it. There is no response to Strike, and the chain resolves. As Solemn Strike attempts to resolve, Magician's Left Hand effect applies, as Strike is the first Trap card activate that turn by the opponent, and it is negated.

A similar effect is "Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle." If it would be destroyed by battle, the effect doesn't suddenly activate, giving you the opportunity to chain Solemn Strike to it. The monster simply isn't destroyed by battle; the effect just applies.

Hopefully this makes sense ^^

N.B: Colons/Semicolons meaning activation only applies to cards reprinted with PSCT, so only to cards post-2011. Older cards which have not been updated may have weirdly worded effects, but just because they don't have a colon it doesn't mean their effects don't activate. We have to infer it from the context.

I saw somebody above saying that Magician's Left Hand could negate Solemn Strike effect so I'm not sure how to solve this since trigger effect doesn't have to rely on spell speed, please explain.

Let's clear a few things up.

A Trigger Effect is a monster effect that does activate and that does have a Spell Speed (Spell Speed 1).

The effect of Magician's Left Hand in question is continuously applied. Therefore, it does not trigger, does not activate, and does not have a Spell Speed. It never Chains to anything; it simply applies when a Trap Card or Trap effect resolves.

Thank-you for the very detailed answers, about Herald of Perfection effect, it says that it can negate spell/trap, but the monster effect is spell speed 1 and trap is spell speed 2, then how can it work out?

Perfection's effect is a Quick Effect. Quick Effects are Spell Speed 2.

Not all monster effects are Spell Speed 1.

There are four kinds of monster effects that have a classification: Ignition Effects, Trigger Effects, Quick Effects and Continuous Effects.

Ignition Effects are Spell Speed 1. These are the kind of monster effects that you can only activate during your Main Phase while nothing else is going on.

Trigger Effects are Spell Speed 1. Note that monster effects that activate directly in response to the activation of other cards and effects aren't Trigger Effects, but rather Quick Effects.

Quick Effects are Spell Speed 2.

Continuous Effects don't have a Spell Speed at all. This is because they simply apply and never activate.

1.If the summon of a monster is negated is that mean that monster is destroyed by card effect?

2.if the summon of a monster is negated is that mean the monster will be destroyed?

1. No. But many cards and effects that negate the Summon of a monster also destroy that monster, such as Solemn Strike. There are also cards and effects that negate the Summon of a monster, but don't destroy the monster, such as that of Sauravis, the Ancient and Ascended (instead, it banishes the monster).

2. No. But every card or effect that negates the Summon of a monster also destroys/banishes/returns/etc. that monster.

Archived