Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank-for your answer. 2 more questions.

1 - Can I use Jar of Abarice to choose a monster in the graveyard that was originally from the extra deck?

2 - Can I use Summon Gate to summon any monster from the extra deck?

1.- Yes

2.- No, the card doesn't allow you to summon monsters from the ED, it just puts players a limit of how many they can summon them per turn, you still have to summon them as you will normally do

if I have effect says

You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 2 Level 5 WATER monsters in your Graveyard, except "Gazer Shark"; Special Summon both those monsters, but their effects are negated. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 WATER Xyz Monster using only those 2 monsters.

and If my opponent has a monster, he has an effect says

Once per turn, while this card is equipped to a monster, when a monster effect that was activated on your opponent's side of the field resolves, negate the effects of that card.

is that mean I will summon 2 water monsters and immediately I will summon xyz monster then the my effect will be negated but I will still have the xyz monster?

if I have effect says

You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 2 Level 5 WATER monsters in your Graveyard, except "Gazer Shark"; Special Summon both those monsters, but their effects are negated. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 WATER Xyz Monster using only those 2 monsters.

and If my opponent has a monster, he has an effect says

Once per turn, while this card is equipped to a monster, when a monster effect that was activated on your opponent's side of the field resolves, negate the effects of that card.

is that mean I will summon 2 water monsters and immediately I will summon xyz monster then the my effect will be negated but I will still have the xyz monster?

This is a single effect: "Special Summon both those monsters, but their effects are negated. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 WATER Xyz Monster using only those 2 monsters."

It is not multiple effects.

No effect in your scenario activates on the field. Gazer Shark's effect activates in the Graveyard.

However, should Gazer Shark's effect be negated when it resolves, the entire effect is negated. This includes all of "Special Summon both those monsters, but their effects are negated. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 WATER Xyz Monster using only those 2 monsters."

Don't be confused by "when it resolves". It has nothing to do with "immediately after this effect resolves". Those are two completely different points in time.

If I have a monster and he have a trigger effect if there was no colon or semicolon on its effect how I could know if the effect will be activated or will be used without activation?

Depends. As these are older cards, released before PSCT was a thing, make sure you check if there are any newer versions of them available first. Check the wikia, they always keep it up to date. Next, check the rulings, as they may explain if it activates or not. Then, check if it says "when" or "if" something happens, such as it being destroyed or being Summoned etc. as these are almost always activated effects. Effects that simply say "All monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF" are Continuous Effects, as they always apply. There are exceptions to all of these, some cards can be more tricky than others. There isn't a complete surefire way to figure this out, so just make the best guess you can if everything else fails.

What happens if electrumite with its effects negated (at summon) and SK Starving Venom (copied electrumite) and the Draw 1 effect triggers, since its mandatory but hard OPT which one gets activated?

You choose which one activates first, and then, since you've activated one, you can't activate the other.

When all your monsters on the field are being destroyed at the same time, can you use Proxy Dragon to protect all but one?

What about with an unlinked Ib the World Chalice Priestess?

1. Proxy Dragon's effect applies if any card or card(s) you control would be destroyed, and protects all the monsters and/or Spell/Traps that would be destroyed by destroying 1 of the monsters it points to instead. I think that answers your question, unless I misunderstood it.

2. Ib applies the same way, however it only protects monsters it points to by sending itself. If it points to 2 monsters, and your opponent activates Raigeki, I can send Ib to the GY instead.

When all your monsters on the field are being destroyed at the same time, can you use Proxy Dragon to protect all but one?

What about with an unlinked Ib the World Chalice Priestess?

1. Proxy Dragon's effect applies if any card or card(s) you control would be destroyed, and protects all the monsters and/or Spell/Traps that would be destroyed by destroying 1 of the monsters it points to instead. I think that answers your question, unless I misunderstood it.

2. Ib applies the same way, however it only protects monsters it points to by sending itself. If it points to 2 monsters, and your opponent activates Raigeki, I can send Ib to the GY instead.

1. Proxy Dragon cannot work in this instance. The reason is you cannot choose a monster that is already being destroyed by a card effect.

2. Ib and Proxy Dragon do not work the same way. If My opponent Raigeki's by board, Proxy Dragon is unable to do anything, but Ib can destroy herself to protect one monster she is linked to because she herself cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effect.

1.if I have genimi but he still a normal monster is its effect can still be negated?

2.if I have two knight day grepher and I have 1 equip spell in my graveyard can I still activate them in the same time?

3.if i have Terrorking Archfiend and my opponent activate bubble shuffle and have changed my monster battle position i can still roll the dice?

4.if I have a monster and he have effect says when your opponent special summon a monster(s) special summon a monster(s) equal the amount of that monster(s) from your deck and my opponent have two monsters and activate its effects at the same time as chain link 1 and 2 when you normal summon a monster you can special summon a monster from your deck is that mean after the chain resolves my monster effect will be activated and after the my monster effect resolves the effect will be activated again?

2. Ib and Proxy Dragon do not work the same way. If My opponent Raigeki's by board, Proxy Dragon is unable to do anything, but Ib can destroy herself to protect one monster she is linked to because she herself cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effect.

Ib can't be destroyed by any player's effects while it is linked. The reason its effect works in that scenario is because it doesn't destroy itself at all; it simply sends itself to the Graveyard.

That is to say, a monster Proxy Dragon points to that can't be destroyed by any player's effects can't be destroyed by Proxy Dragon's effect instead of other cards being destroyed.

If I Special Summon an Artifact Vajra to my opponent's side of the field with the first effect of Summon Sorceress, will its effect activate?

Yes. Yes it will.

Wow, I never thought about this interaction before.

brb making artifacts

If I Special Summon an Artifact Vajra to my opponent's side of the field with the first effect of Summon Sorceress, will its effect activate?

Yes. Yes it will.

Wow, I never thought about this interaction before.

brb making artifacts

Unless you're link summoning Summoning Sorceress on your opponents turn somehow, no. Artifacts only get their effects when special summoned on your opponents turn.

Unless you're link summoning Summoning Sorceress on your opponents turn somehow, no. Artifacts only get their effects when special summoned on your opponents turn.

Yes, but when it is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field, surely its your turn, therefore their opponent's turn?

I Link Summon a Link 3 or higher and afterwards summon Link Devotee, what happens ? Does it either still apply its effect or does it resolve without effect due to the restriction it tries to apply not being fullfillable ?

Well, it is an activated effect, not a condition, so I would assume you still could. It's probably more likely that all it means is "for the rest of this turn".

Here's another one.

Can I use Lair of Darkness to tribute my opponent's Ultimate Falcon?

It's not turned DARK by the field, but it's already DARK.

No.

Lair's effect in question affects monsters. Ultimate Falcon is unaffected by it.

I Link Summon a Link 3 or higher and afterwards summon Link Devotee, what happens ? Does it either still apply its effect or does it resolve without effect due to the restriction it tries to apply not being fullfillable ?

It applies as usual.

Archived