Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=stuff]

Probably base is somewhere in the back and still exists, OR it is legitimately gone.

[spoiler=SM038]

• Ash fails at doing Continental Crush, but I suppose it's due to Lycanroc getting used to its new power and less of Ash being crappy as a Trainer and requiring Kiawe to blast TR for him.
    • He gets it at the end though, so yeah.
  • Jessie/Mimikyu bonding episode. 
  • Mimikyu also attacked a Pikachu balloon instead of actual Pika, but got stopped. 
  • Murkrow are bastards and steal malasadas. 

episode was okay. 

Now the subbers need to explain why 27 and beyond hasn't been done yet; hell forbid I go find a less decent sub on YT or try to put those online JP lessons to work and figure out on my own.

Perhaps the subbers are busy with whatever's going on with their lives or something.

[spoiler=stuff]

Probably base is somewhere in the back and still exists, OR it is legitimately gone.

[spoiler=Response]

People on the Serebii forums noted a ladder in the den, so it might be underground. We'll just have to wait and see

[spoiler=So...]

from the preview of the next episode, it appears TR has a Bruxish sub this time.

Perhaps the subbers are busy with whatever's going on with their lives or something.

[spoiler=Response]

People on the Serebii forums noted a ladder in the den, so it might be underground. We'll just have to wait and see

[spoiler=reply]

1. Probably. (As much as I want to ask for a Pokemon equivalent of the guy that subs VRAINS, rather have quality over quantity, though yeah.)

2. That's what I think, but we'll see.

[spoiler=episode thoughts]

• Apparently Mallow's dad told her to make multiple meals at once; uh, explain how dumb you are at not hiring more people to help. You really expect a 10-year old to prepare food for like a few dozen people at once, ALONE?
    • Then again, I would bring up my big boss at work who doesn't thank us for working [at least my supervisor/lead does] and how we don't have enough people to run the grill and stuff / making customers wait up to 40 minutes because lack of people to run things smoothly, but that's only tangentially related to this episode and is bordering on unethical speech. 
      • [You get it; Mallow gets forced to do a bunch of stuff without her dad saying thank you; and it gets paralleled here]
    • I can't blame her for storming off, but yeah. Oh hell, Steenee dropped a plate and Mao literally burned two orders.
  • Oranguru apparently had a hand in training both of them in making juices; and while it did give off a bar-esque setting with the mai tai cups, I do not believe the dub would be dumb enough to change it to something else. It's literally fruit juice [the same process gets used in making lemonade at work, and even compared to making drinks at a bar].
    • (P.S. I don't even drink alcohol so...)
  • Something about the announcer girl visiting TR's donut truck but then moving on to the 'Aina Cafe.
  • Was expecting epic fight between Oranguru and Bewear; turns out it was just a honey drink or something. Oh well...
  • I guess it ended well, but required Mallow's dad to say thank you for her busting her ass.
    • So...next time, get more helpers to feed that many people. 

[spoiler=tangent note]

Right, and sorry about throwing in comments about work [if you've paid attention, you know what I do part-time]. Part of the time, that's sometimes the situation with coworkers here; not enough help, get frustrated with orders not coming out fast enough, and customer jabroniing. In the Pokemon universe, they're not complaining but just being pushy (I want X...times whatever number). 

[spoiler=reply]

1. Probably. (As much as I want to ask for a Pokemon equivalent of the guy that subs VRAINS, rather have quality over quantity, though yeah.)

[spoiler=episode thoughts]

• Apparently Mallow's dad told her to make multiple meals at once; uh, explain how dumb you are at not hiring more people to help. You really expect a 10-year old to prepare food for like a few dozen people at once, ALONE?
    • Then again, I would bring up my big boss at work who doesn't thank us for working [at least my supervisor/lead does] and how we don't have enough people to run the grill and stuff / making customers wait up to 40 minutes because lack of people to run things smoothly, but that's only tangentially related to this episode and is bordering on unethical speech.
      • [You get it; Mallow gets forced to do a bunch of stuff without her dad saying thank you; and it gets paralleled here]
    • I can't blame her for storming off, but yeah. Oh hell, Steenee dropped a plate and Mao literally burned two orders.
  • Oranguru apparently had a hand in training both of them in making juices; and while it did give off a bar-esque setting with the mai tai cups, I do not believe the dub would be dumb enough to change it to something else. It's literally fruit juice [the same process gets used in making lemonade at work, and even compared to making drinks at a bar].
    • (P.S. I don't even drink alcohol so...)
  • Something about the announcer girl visiting TR's donut truck but then moving on to the 'Aina Cafe.
  • Was expecting epic fight between Oranguru and Bewear; turns out it was just a honey drink or something. Oh well...
  • I guess it ended well, but required Mallow's dad to say thank you for her busting her ass.
    • So...next time, get more helpers to feed that many people. 

[spoiler=tangent note]

Right, and sorry about throwing in comments about work [if you've paid attention, you know what I do part-time]. Part of the time, that's sometimes the situation with coworkers here; not enough help, get frustrated with orders not coming out fast enough, and customer jabroniing. In the Pokemon universe, they're not complaining but just being pushy (I want X...times whatever number). 

Thanks for bringing up work especially since I lost my job. Had to quit before I got fired. Turned in my uniform and everything.

Reason I got fired: I slammed my fist on the punch clock in a fit of unjustified rage because I was so used to getting off at 9 I got mad that I had to work until 10, and I usually work a four hour shift from 6-10 anyway, so being let off at 9 was a bit of fresh air. The rage was unjustified, I was suspended for a month and a half and eventually they were gonna let me go so my union rep told me to quit before that happened. My old job was at stop n' shop, and I worked there for 2 years.

I know when I apply for a new job I can use this as a learning experience.

Anyway, episode was great. Sorry for ranting, but I identify with Mallow's situation on this one.

Was reading on Serebii and some people have said that this episode was disappointing, boring, pointless, etc, but everyone has their own opinion.

Anyways I had to watch this on dailymotion (as the sites I normally use didn't have the episode), and suffer through the ads.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM039]
- Not gonna lie, Mallow's father needs to employ more people to help deal with the amount of customers like in this episode
 - Tbph, I can understand why Mallow ran off. She needs appreciation for her work (was also gonna say she needs more appreciation by the writers as well seeing as this is another episode that she gets nothing), not to mention she was overworked as well.
- Were Joy and Jenny on their way to a clown convention or something with all that make-up?
- Turns out Oranguru is a dab hand with making juices, running its own juice bar. It is an intelligent Pokemon, so you wouldn't put it past it for having such an establishment.
- I was expecting an epic fight between Bewear and Oranguru when the former turned up... turns out they were making an exchange. It seems that they know each other though, at least we know how it gets the liquid substance it feeds TR (this is an assumption though).

[spoiler oh boy]

I can imagine the dub having a field day with this, especially now that it's airing on Disney, you know, the most kid-friendly company of all time.

[spoiler=TBPH...]

I don't think there was anything questionable in this episode that needs to be censored/edited out by TPCi (friendly reminder that it's TPCi that handles the dubbing which is then distributed to the various channels by Viz Media).

[spoiler=reply]

[spoiler=Response]

- Yeah, I'd rather have quality over quantity as well, though Pokémon is like the only anime that I'm fine with watching RAW.

- We'll just have to wait and see... if and when the base gets more screentime.

I guess Gen 1 fans got their wish for Brock and Misty to return; somewhat.

But we'll see how this turns out and if it's only cameo.

Then again, it's not like I haven't seen comments from fans wanting Serena to show up somewhere and make their pairing even more legitimate, but that's saved for another topic.

I guess Gen 1 fans got their wish for Brock and Misty to return; somewhat.

But we'll see how this turns out and if it's only cameo.

Then again, it's not like I haven't seen comments from fans wanting Serena to show up somewhere and make their pairing even more legitimate, but that's saved for another topic.

From what Serebii said the two episodes they show up in will have Ash back in Kanto briefly and he'll battle them both. Brook has Mega Steelix and Misty Mega Gyarados. I'm guessing they each get an episode.

Part of my doesn't want Serena to come back because I don't like seeing characters in this art style. Like take these two. Brook looks fine, but Misty looks plastic almost.

It's cool that the pair of them have Megas (though how they got mega stones is another question). Funny how it doesn't mention the classmates. Part of me doesn't want them to appear in these two episodes, but we'll see.

The other thing about the return to Kanto is that it's he's come to the Kanto region as part of an extracurricular class at the Pokémon School, and judging by the two Exeggutor side by side, there'll be some presentation involved at the end.

Though I will say at least Team Rocket won't appear in these two episodes.

From what Serebii said the two episodes they show up in will have Ash back in Kanto briefly and he'll battle them both. Brook has Mega Steelix and Misty Mega Gyarados. I'm guessing they each get an episode.

Part of my doesn't want Serena to come back because I don't like seeing characters in this art style. Like take these two. Brook looks fine, but Misty looks plastic almost.

This means that when these particular episodes get dubbed, which won't be for a long while, Bill Rogers will probably return to reprise the role of Brock and Michelle Knotz, the voice of Jessie, will be back to reprise the role of Misty.

And let's not forget May, Dawn and Iris. Oh and Cilan, Bonnie and Clement.

And for the most part I agree, why couldn't Misty at least have her Gen II hairstyle?

Likely, but then again, parts of the fanbase are never satisfied anyway (either due to the art change, lack of TR development as I've seen recently on Bulbapedia reviews of the weekly episodes [some are fine with them gone, others want them in], certain characters like Sophocles and Mallow still suck in terms of little development, etc.) Hoping that it's just Ash and his original traveling partners for that part as well.

As for dubbing, given 4Kids (you know who this is by now) no longer has control over the series, probably unlikely that they'll get their old dub voices, but we'll see. Then again, it's not like I watched most of the Japanese version anyway (well, old by now and not online for easy access).

Someone on the Serebii forums suggested Ash take Totodile back with him. Totodile is another goofy Pokémon that could fit the Alola region, can be used as a promotion for VC Gold and Silver, and lastly can be his Water type which he currently lacks. I replied by saying "I wouldn't mind that, and while we're at it, chuck in an evolution for it as well."

I know it probs won't happen, but it's an interesting suggestion.

Someone on the Serebii forums suggested Ash take Totodile back with him. Totodile is another goofy Pokémon that could fit the Alola region, can be used as a promotion for VC Gold and Silver, and lastly can be his Water type which he currently lacks. I replied by saying "I wouldn't mind that, and while we're at it, chuck in an evolution for it as well."

I know it probs won't happen, but it's an interesting suggestion.

I don't know, the idea's good, I mean Cyndaquil did evolve into Quilava in Sinnoh so Totodile's evolution may come to pass.

And TPCi did bring back Rachel Lillis as Maylene, but still...

I don't know, the idea's good, I mean Cyndaquil did evolve into Quilava in Sinnoh so Totodile's evolution may come to pass.

That's why I said it, the other two Johto starters evolved so the idea wasn't farfetch'd.

ofc there is a good chance that it won't happen.

EDIT: titles for the two episodes

Episode 985: An Alola! in Kanto! Brock & Misty!! (September 14th)

Episode 986: Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!! (September 21st)

That's why I said it, the other two Johto starters evolved so the idea wasn't farfetch'd.

ofc there is a good chance that it won't happen.

EDIT: titles for the two episodes

Episode 985: An Alola! in Kanto! Brock & Misty!! (September 14th)

Episode 986: Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!! (September 21st)

Oh if Misty met Lana there would be so much for the two of them to talk about.

Oh if Misty met Lana there would be so much for the two of them to talk about.

People on the Serebii forums were chatting about this. Ofc there hasn't been any mention of the Alola cast regarding these episodes. They probs will appear, we'll just have to wait a week and a half for confirmation via the preview.

People on the Serebii forums were chatting about this. Ofc there hasn't been any mention of the Alola cast regarding these episodes. They probs will appear, we'll just have to wait a week and a half for confirmation via the preview.

All righty then.

Maybe Ash will go to Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos too.

It would be nice to show that we didn't forget about Ash's other companions (well, except Dent and Iris because no one really liked them anyway), but yeah, I heavily doubt it. Probably only doing Kanto to promote the movie and appeal to Gen 1 fans / bring them back [unlikely].

At least we get to see Brock and Misty again, albeit in the new art style that some people still hate because it looks too child-like, but...that's Pokemon's decision to compete with Yo-Kai Watch and appeal to the intended fanbase; not us who are in our 20s - early 30s who've been here since the beginning (or close to it). 

At least we get to see Brock and Misty again, albeit in the new art style that some people still hate because it looks too child-like, but...that's Pokemon's decision to compete with Yo-Kai Watch and appeal to the intended fanbase; not us who are in our 20s - early 30s who've been here since the beginning (or close to it). 

I've seen some people have a change of opinion regardin Misty in the new art style after seeing this pic;

[spoiler=Big pic]

DIY12yKWAAAj7K3.jpg

Archived