Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously I watched it, I wouldn't have said the opening was removed if I didn't :Kappa:  but I kinda don't want to spoil anything (regarding voices n junk) for when you get to watch it in a couple of weeks.

[spoiler=Thoughts on Episode 2 Subbed (even though I watched le english version)]

- So Ash's Electrium Z was destroyed because he wasn't ready and needs to go through a trial to get a new one. I knew it was too early.

Actually, someone on Youtube uploaded episode 1 and episode 2 an hour ago. It'll probably get taken down but still. And this has to be a new record for dubbing. An English dub exists three days after it's Japanese airing. How incredible is that. Is there any other anime series that did this?

[spoiler Things]

• I think I heard Lisa Ortiz as Litten.
  • Kayzie Rogers is still Mr. Mime.
  • I'm gonna repeat something I said in the game thread: "If there was ever a mascot to represent Alola, Bewear would darn well be the top contender. Everywhere you look in official Pokemon Sun and Moon media, be it on loading screens, any promotional posters or boxart made for the game, or even the BACKLANDS OF YOUR NIGHTMARES, Bewear would be there to greet you with a hug."
  • Okay. For a big pokemon, Bewear has an unusually squeaky voice, but this has been done before.
  • Lillie kinda sounds like Serena. She may be gone but her English VA still lives on, in Lillie.
  • Sophocles sounds like a kid and Mallow sounds like Valerie.
  • Who's that Pokemon episode 1: Grubbin.
  • You'd expect Samson to have the same VA as Samuel Oak, but nope, Marc Thompson people.
  • Not sure who was Prof. Kukui or Kawai, or Popplio girl.
  • Z-Moves are awesome.
  • Checked English va list. Old and new return.
  • Ash has a new rival.
  • Gigavolt Havoc looks awesome.

We'll be off to a good start in February.

Technically the sneak peek of XY was 2 days after the Japanese airing, so it's not a new record.

Oh, well, Not sure how to respond to that. Anyway, it's neat. Let's hope that Cartoon Network will finish the XY and Z run before February.

My guess, Pokemon the Series Sun and Moon will air on a Monday in February.

Why on earth do you think Monday?

Whenever Disney XD airs a new series or an episode of an existing one, it always airs Monday.

[spoiler Example]

Star Vs the Forces of Evil S2 E13 Airdate, 7:30p Mon

Last week was episode 12 season 2.

Besides, they said the Movie and the preview special is on December 5th. That is a Monday. 

Whenever Disney XD airs a new series or an episode of an existing one, it always airs Monday.

[spoiler Example]

Star Vs the Forces of Evil S2 E13 Airdate, 7:30p Mon

Last week was episode 12 season 2.

Besides, they said the Movie and the preview special is on December 5th. That is a Monday. 

Okay, ofc I don't have Disney XD, nor do I need it quite frankly

Yeah, Sun/Moon got subbed right away; whereas XY is still waiting on the post-Flare stuff (yes, I'm starting to miss XY).

As a whole, the series doesn't look as bad as I originally thought. Suppose it'll be worth watching until the end (or whenever I don't have time to watch due to studies and stuff). Now we see how long it takes for Ash to do the trials and stuff.

Well considering Ash has to go through the trials as well as two villainous team arcs and a league, I would guess 200 episodes, tops.

On another note: For anyone who has Disney XD, Pokemon movie December 5th at 5 p.m. followed by the one our Pokemon Sun and Moon Preview special at 7 p.m. Looked at my Xfinity guide.

[spoiler=Tthoughts on episodes 3 and 4]

​Episode 3

- ​Episode 3 kicks off with Team Rocket arriving in Alola after being sent there by Giovanni.

- We are intro'd to the Rotomdex

- Meanwhile with Team Rocket, Jessie sends in Meowth to attack Mimikyu (failing because Meowth used Scratch), and Meowth ends up hallucinating after trying to remove the disguise, lel.

- As Ash and co arrive to battle Mimikyu (with TR watching), a random Bewear comes out of nowhere to carry Team Rocket away as Meowth carries Mimikyu away.

​Episode 4

​The episode kicks off with a group of Pikipek (w Trumbeak and a Rowlet) going into town to gather food, and the locals don't mind this whatsoever. Ofc Rowlet thinks it's one of the flock because it was hatched from an egg alongside 5 Pikipeks by Toucannon, though Trumbeak moaned at Rowlet for not getting a bit of food.

- Ash attempted to catch a Grubbin but failed.

- Meanwhile Jessie catches Mimikyu in a Luxury Ball that James had. I do like how trainers using differen balls in the games carries over to the anime tbph. (and the Mimikyu isn't half bad though with Shadow Claw and Play Rough)

- Ofc it did troll Jessie by whacking the regular pokeballs away.

- That Bewear is a troll though, randomly popping up again when Team Rocket was battling Ash and taking Team Rocket away, what a troll

- After Toucannon urged it to leave, Ash caught the Rowlet

Archived