Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Thoughts on 6]

- Oh look, the shirt Ash was wearing has a gen 1 surfing sprite on it, neat.

- Not gonna lie, but I was expecting the lab coats to go lightish green because the shirt Ash was wearing was put in alongside them, and it's a fact that you shouldn't really mix whites and colours in the laundry. Not to mention, Ash stuffed too many clothes in the washing machine to begin with as well, a classic mistake.

- Oh, and we also learn that Sophocoles' Togedemaru is female. (Which explains why it likes Pikachu so much)

- That Bewear though, is there nothing he can't do? (Like changing the name of Team Rocket perhaps?  :Kappa:  ) Heck, I'm starting to think that it's a really realistic machine or something.

- All in all, I do think this is probs the weakest episode so far if I'm honest.

Not gonna lie, the overflowing washer's been done before:

Roy (Bubbly voice): Orson, I think we have a bit of a problem-o.

Orson looks at the laundromat.

Orson: Oh no. I overloaded the Washing machine. We have to clean it up!

Roy and Lamelyn (Bubbly voice): WE?!

Orson: Well, Booker and Shelldon will help me.

Booker: "Not me."

Shelldon: "Not me either."

Launchpad: "What do you know about washing machines?"

Drake: "What?!"

Launchpad: "Well, I was wondering: If I accidentally dropped a box of detergent in the washer, and the lid was stuck shut with the thing on high... what would happen?"

Drake: "Probably the washer would explode in a mountain of suds."

BOOOM!

Launchpad: "I was afraid it was something like that."

These are just examples.

That aside, I'm looking forward to the next episode. Will Ash get Litten on his team. If he does he'll get Incineroar.

Also, you think the Totem Gumshoos episode will feature Ilima ad Normalium-Z?

And will this whole Togedemaru crush thing be like Dawn's Buneary?

Pretty sure it's a given that the Totem Gumshoos episode will feature Ilima.

Though the episode will also feature Hala.

Not gonna lie, the overflowing washing machine has been done before:

I don't think it really matters if it's been done before, it was done here to show that Ash sucks at doing laundry (given that he never did it at home).

Pretty sure it's a given that the Totem Gumshoos episode will feature Ilima.

Though the episode will also feature Hala.

I don't think it really matters if it's been done before, it was done here to show that Ash sucks at doing laundry (given that he never did it at home).

That is a treat. Also, Hala would have to be the one to explain trainers get their starter pokemon from him rather than Prof. Kukui.

Also:

Ash: "All right, I'll be able to catch--"

Ilima: "Oh, did I forget to mention it's against the rules to catch pokemon during the trials?"

Ash: "Augh!"

A line the writers should consider.

Also wouldn't it be cool if Ash caught a Passimian?

Whether said line appears in the episode or not won't be known till next month.

That is a treat. Also, Hala would have to be the one to explain trainers get their starter pokemon from him rather than Prof. Kukui.

He'll be assessing whether trainers (ie Ash) is qualified for the Island Pilgrimage. I don't think there'll be any mention of starters in this case.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 6]

• Ash sucks at doing laundry and cooking; granted, I shouldn't talk about the former, but at least I can cook, damn it. 
  • What the hell Bewear, you're a parkour artist now? (This is probably the new equivalent to blasting off)
  • Togedemaru is a female; OK....
  • Team Rocket's selling malasada donuts; someone tell me why no one in this state (or least on my island) has tried it yet.
    • Oh wait, we technically have the filled kind; I suppose that sort of counts but w/e. (And yes, malasadas are a thing here)

As for Hala appearing, yeah, probably will be to test if Ash is ready to do the challenges. Since Sophocles, Lana and Mallow are students with Ash, are they going to be giving him trials like they have for us, or replacements? Probably former. 

[spoiler=Thoughts on 6]

• Oh wait, we technically have the filled kind; I suppose that sort of counts but w/e. (And yes, malasadas are a thing here)

Oh I've seen a pic of someone making a jelly-filled doughnut joke with Hau/Malasadas

Man, talk about pressure.

Well every kid has got to be tested, even a trainer who has been through 6 regions.

[spoiler=Thoughts on 6]

• Ash sucks at doing laundry and cooking; granted, I shouldn't talk about the former, but at least I can cook, damn it. 
  • What the hell Bewear, you're a parkour artist now? (This is probably the new equivalent to blasting off)
  • Togedemaru is a female; OK....
  • Team Rocket's selling malasada donuts; someone tell me why no one in this state (or least on my island) has tried it yet.

As for Hala appearing, yeah, probably will be to test if Ash is ready to do the challenges. Since Sophocles, Lana and Mallow are students with Ash, are they going to be giving him trials like they have for us, or replacements? Probably former. 

Sophocles we don't encounter in game until Ula'Ula Island. And you're forgetting Kiawe, so it may be the trial of Lana, Kiawe and Mallow when they get to Akala Island.

Speaking of Akala, this may be the first timwe we will see Prof. Burnet in the anime.

Oh I've seen a pic of someone making a jelly-filled doughnut joke with Hau/Malasadas

Well every kid has got to be tested, even a trainer who has been through 6 regions.

That is true, but to see if you're worthy of a Z-Ring? Can Ash do it?

Can Ash do it? *pfft* ofc. Passing the Island challenge will mean he'll be ready to use the Z-Crystal that broke aginst Tapu Koko.

Again, We don't get Electrium Z until Ula'Ula. But he will get Normalium Z for Breakneck Blitz. Of course Ash will have to memorize the movements in order to use them. Plus, when he gets to Akala, he'll get Waterium Z, Firium Z and Grassnium Z, the latter of which will affect Litten (Hopeful) and Rowlet respectively. And by now Ash has at least 1 pokemon of each type except Fairy. So basically he can teach any of his pokemon a Z move except Twinkle Tackle.

Again, We don't get Electrium Z until Ula'Ula. But he will get Normalium Z for Breakneck Blitz. Of course Ash will have to memorize the movements in order to use them. Plus, when he gets to Akala, he'll get Waterium Z, Firium Z and Grassnium Z, the latter of which will affect Litten (Hopeful) and Rowlet respectively. And by now Ash has at least 1 pokemon of each type except Fairy. So basically he can teach any of his pokemon a Z move except Twinkle Tackle.

Doesn't change the fact Ash got an Electrium Z at the beginning, besides we won't know what Z-Crystal Ash will get for passing the trial next month.

My theory is the Electrium Z Ash got was fake, cause Kiawe's Firium Z was still in tact after he used Inferno Overdrive on those Team Skull Pokemon.

If it was fake, then Pikachu shouldn't have been able to use Gigavolt Havoc whatsoever (which it did prior to the crystal breaking), besides Kiawe is qualified to use Z-Moves, Ash is not.

If it was fake, then Pikachu shouldn't have been able to use Gigavolt Havoc whatsoever (which it did prior to the crystal breaking), besides Kiawe is qualified to use Z-Moves, Ash is not.

I'm just saying, the Z ring could have been real, but the problem lied in the crystal. Why would Tapu Koko give Ash a Z Ring with a Z crystal that can only be used one time? Aren't Z crystals supposed to be indestructible?

Also, if Ash wants to use all the Z moves, he'd have to get a Cutiefly, Sandygast, Oricorio from Akala and would it be possible for him to catch Celesteela?

I'm just saying, the Z ring could have been real, but the problem lied in the crystal. Why would Tapu Koko give Ash a Z Ring with a Z crystal that can only be used one time? Aren't Z crystals supposed to be indestructible?

Well, I'm just saying that the problem lies within Ash, and not the Z-Crystal. Tapu Koko probs saw potential in Ash, but probs didn't realise it was too soon for him to use Z-Moves yet.

and would it be possible for him to catch Celesteela?

I very much doubt that.

Ash should be able to use Z-moves properly after he goes through the trials. The crystal was fine, but just that Ash didn't have the experience in using something of that caliber (his bond with Pikachu is there, but control isn't).

As for him catching the UBs (probably late in the series), yeah, doubting that he will. Ash has NEVER caught a legendary at any point in the series, and the UBs sort of count as the equivalent of the minor ones (that, and the Tapus; 10 BST less though, but meh). They could break that trend, yes, but not really seeing it.

Rest of the 'mons on that list are doable (I mean, he could catch some of the older generation stuff that exists there as well, plus Alola forms). If he wants a Steel type, Sandslash would work.

I feel like I should point out that Pikachu has Iron Tail (meaning it'd be able to use the Steel Z-Move), so catching a Steel-type isn't remotely necessary.

Only problem with that is that Pikachu can't actually learn Iron Tail in S/M, so it can't use it in-game until Bank is usable with S/M, then it'll be able to, but Ash has other pokemon with Steel moves, so that's irrelevant.

With that in mind, the only types of Z-Moves he can't use atm are Ghost and Fairy.

Archived