Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

[spoilers about Generations]

All I'll say is it'll end the same way X and Y did.

[spoiler=Response]

No sheet. People in the YT comments from last week were morons, many of them overlooking that the last episode has to have AZ in it.

As for Sun and Moon, wonder if we'll see Plumeria in a later episode and she'd be like Shark at the start of Zexal.

Plumeria: "Know what I did to the last guy that stood up to me?"

Ash: "No what?"

Plumeria: "I don't know... CAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!"

Dunno, probs not imo

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Response]

No sheet. People in the YT comments from last week were morons, many of them overlooking that the last episode has to have AZ in it.

Dunno, probs not imo

Well, the episode did not go in the direction I expected. I thought it would be the old Egg-sitting episode. Plus, there was a nice Rescuers Down Under reference.

I couldn't find the subbed version this time, and some kid on Youtube lied about being subbed already on his channel.

But yeah, episode went the opposite of how I was expecting it to. We never saw WHAT the egg was (which Pokemon it will hatch into; might have an idea based on design), but it basically went over why Lillie's afraid to touch Pokemon. I think it was mentioned in the episode, but because no subtitles, I can't really say.

I couldn't find the subbed version this time, and some kid on Youtube lied about being subbed already on his channel.

Really?! The site I normally use has had the subs for the episode for like 12-odd hours now.

Plus, there was a nice Rescuers Down Under reference.

Never heard of it, so I'll just take your word for it.

[spoiler=stuff]

Gladion looks cute when he was a young kid; suppose we'll be seeing the edgy man he's become in the games at some point [likely in a couple months, but as the anime and game don't correlate that well, can't say for certain].

Do expect Lusamine to appear and eventually go nuts though. 

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM008]

Very interesting episode, we see a young Lillie/Gladion looking happy in a photo alongside Lusamine, it'll be interesting to see how they'll be portrayed when they eventually appear.

- The butler mentions that since Liliie got back from a trip she went with her mother, she's been unable to touch pokemon. Probs went through an Ultra Wormhole or something.

- Not gonna lie, I'm more interested in what the other egg (the one that Oak got Ash to take with him to Alola) will hatch into, seeing as the one Lillie is taking care of is blatantly gonna be an Alolan Vulpix (seeing as an event for one in Japan began on the same day as this episode)

spoiler fail much.

And in the preview of SM009, we see that the Jennies of Alola look no different than those of Kalos.

Pretty sure there are differences.

- the hats are lightly different

- the Alolan Jenny has a fringe, the Kalos Jennies did not

EDIT (Boxing Day): new episode title

Episode 952: Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (January 12th)

This episode features Ash and the Kahuna Hala facing in battle for Ash to complete the first Grand Trial. I do think Ash will probs lose in the first instance and maybe win the rematch in a future episode.

[spoiler=Future events preview stuffs]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okLq9SfVJFk

Hala will be using a Hariyama here and it looks like Pikachu is using Breakneck Blitz during the fight, and Rowlet is shown preparing to use Bloom Doom at some point.

Litten and a Ride Pelipper is also shown in he preview as well.

[spoiler Future]

A Ride Pelipper? I don't think that will be possible considering Ash is taller and weighs more than Pelipper. Pelipper can't carry so much weight, unless the Pelipper in question has a mouth as big as Ash's.

Moving on, Judging from the preview, Ash was able to get Normalium Z and is utilizing Quick Attack for Breakneck Blitz. Good thing Pikachu remembered that move from "Electric Shock Showdown".

But, how is Ash able to have Rowlet use Bloom Doom without  Grassium Z, and even if he had Grassium Z, how could he have gotten it without completing Mallow's trial?  And does this mean in the future, when Rowlet fully evolves, will Ash get Decidium Z for Sinister Arrow Raid?

Also, wouldn't it be funny if Kahili used her golf club to call out her pokemon? Think about it. She's a golfer. She could place a pokeball on a golf tee, call out her pokemon, yell "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!", whack it with the golf club and the pokemon would come out.

Kahili: "Skarmory, Let's fly! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!"

And it is such a shame Brock or Bonnie were not in Alola.

Bonnie (To Lana, Mallow, Lillie, Olivia, Kahili or Lusamine): "You are a keeper! Please take care of my brother won't you?"

[spoiler Future]

A Ride Pelipper? I don't think that will be possible considering Ash is taller and weighs more than Pelipper. Pelipper can't carry so much weight, unless the Pelipper in question has a mouth as big as Ash's.

[spoiler=Response]

I'm pretty sure the Pelipper had ​no issue carrying Ash in the preview.

[spoiler Future]

Moving on, Judging from the preview, Ash ​is going to get Normalium Z and is utilising Quick Attack for Breakneck Blitz. Good thing Pikachu remembered that move.

But, how is Ash able to have Rowlet use Bloom Doom without  Grassium Z, and even if he had Grassium Z, how could he have gotten it without completing Mallow's trial?  And does this mean in the future, when Rowlet fully evolves, will Ash get Decidium Z for Sinister Arrow Raid?

Not that Pikachu ever stopped using Quick Attack in the first place.

As for Rowlet, given that Ash's Z-Ring glowed green in the preview, but not necessarily at the same point as you'd get it in the games (then again we don't know how far into the future Rowlet using a Z-Move is). As for Decidium Z, we'll just have to wait and see, but if any pokemon

Also, wouldn't it be funny if Kahili used her golf club to call out her pokemon? Think about it. She's a golfer. She could place a pokeball on a golf tee, call out her pokemon, yell "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!", whack it with the golf club and the pokemon would come out.

Imo, that'd be

A; Dangerous

B; Fairly unnecessary

Indeed, still, stinks there's no anime Ilima. Wonder who else will be left out?

Also, maybe there will be an episode where Lusamine wakes up, you know, post Mother Beast Battle, and she regrets what she has done. She may pull a Serena: You know, go to her bathroom, grab a pair of scissors, go outside her balcony, have flashbacks of her behavior and then, as the sun rises, she cuts off her hair. Gladion looks from afar and is proud of his mother, for that is a sign of change.

Who knows, maybe for a new season, Ash and Lillie go on a journey in Kanto.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM009]

- Well then, the Z-Ring w/ Electrium Z that Ash got from Tapu Koko was stolen by the latter from Hala who mentions that it's the first time Tapu Koko has stolen a Z-Ring (meaning he was aware of it happening).
- Speaking of stealing Z-Rings, Tapu Koko steals another one whilst Hala speaks to Ash/Kukui.
- Ash is certainly weaker physically speaking. He wasn't able to lift the logs in this episode, but he was able to in Advanced Generation.
- Ofc Ash beat the Ilima-less trial getting a Normalium Z.
- Which makes me believe that Kiawe, Lana, Mallow and Sophocoles aren't Trial Captains unlike in the games.
- So Team Rocket mentions that the diet of fruit and honey that they were on was getting sickening, and tbh with the amount that Bewear was shoving in their mouths, I would agree.
- I do believe Team Rocket has blast off withdrawal. They apparently want to blast off (and were happy about it almost happening), but Bewear flat out doesn't let them.

Also new episode titles

Episode 953: Ash visits Kiawe! (January 19th)

Episode 954: The Extracurricular Lesson is on Mareanie?! (January 26th)
Episode 955: The Great Alola Pancake Race! (February 2nd)
Episode 956: The Fruit of Courage: Lillie and Vulpix! (February 9th)

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM009]

- Well then, the Z-Ring w/ Electrium Z that Ash got from Tapu Koko was stolen by the latter from Hala who mentions that it's the first time Tapu Koko has stolen a Z-Ring (meaning he was aware of it happening).

- Speaking of stealing Z-Rings, Tapu Koko steals another one whilst Hala speaks to Ash/Kukui.

- Ash is certainly weaker physically speaking. He wasn't able to lift the logs in this episode, but he was able to in Advanced Generation.

- Ofc Ash beat the Ilima-less trial getting a Normalium Z.

- Which makes me believe that Kiawe, Lana, Mallow and Sophocoles aren't Trial Captains unlike in the games.

- So Team Rocket mentions that the diet of fruit and honey that they were on was getting sickening, and tbh with the amount that Bewear was shoving in their mouths, I would agree.

- I do believe Team Rocket has blast off withdrawal. They apparently want to blast off (and were happy about it almost happening), but Bewear flat out doesn't let them.

Also new episode titles

Episode 953: Ash visits Kiawe! (January 19th)

Episode 954: The Extracurricular Lesson is on Mareanie?! (January 26th)

Episode 955: The Great Alola Pancake Race! (February 2nd)

Episode 956: The Fruit of Courage: Lillie and Vulpix! (February 9th)

I would have given my thoughts on it. Shame too

So we get a pancake race? And Ilima won't show up in the anime, ever? Man, I was hoping he would, and if he would which English VA would suit a guy like him, in your opinion. For me I hope Hala is voiced by Carter Cathcart/Jimmy Zoppi. He nails the old man voice. And Ash is visiting Kiawe, meaning he did nor did not pass the Grand Island challenge, also, he might be visiting Akala, meaning he may meet Olivia. And Lillie may start developing that character she had in the games.

[spoiler Speaking of]

I got Sun 3 days ago and I'm doing my Anime run through of it. It can be hard to replicate Lillie's voice. Like Ash I picked Rowlet as my starter, but the female I picked is the bottom left and I named her Sunny.

Now we wait and see if other characters appear.

[spoiler Missed Opportunity]

Bonnie to Lillie, Mallow, Olivia, a female Aether Foundation employee, Wicke, Lusamine (crazy as that sounds) or Kahili: That girl's a keeper! Please take care of my brother won't you? I think you would be a great wife for him.

Lusamine: I'm flattered but I'm already married.

Anywho, the Maraenie episode will focus on Team Rocket, they get a call from HQ (and bluffing their way through it), they start working towards getting a new pokemon, so at this point, I think James is getting a Maraenie.

The pancake episode smells like 100% filler to me.

And ofc the last of the revealed titles comes to no surprise what the egg Lillie had hatches into.

And Ash is visiting Kiawe, meaning he did nor did not pass the Grand Island challenge, also, he might be visiting Akala, meaning he may meet Olivia. And Lillie may start developing that character she had in the games.

Given that initial info mentions that he is training Z-moves, implies he might've lost in the first instance and we have a situation like AG when it'll be a while before the rematch.

Anywho, the Maraenie episode will focus on Team Rocket, they get a call from HQ (and bluffing their way through it), they start working towards getting a new pokemon, so at this point, I think James is getting a Maraenie.

The pancake episode smells like 100% filler to me.

And ofc the last of the revealed titles comes to no surprise what the egg Lillie had hatches into.

Given that initial info mentions that he is training Z-moves, implies he might've lost in the first instance and we have a situation like AG when it'll be a while before the rematch.

[spoiler What happened]

Turns out Ash did win and got Electrium Z instead of Fightium Z. Weird, considering he has a Heracross, Infernape, Pignite and Hawlucha, all prime candidates for Fightium Z.

[spoiler what will happen]

Ash will visit Kiawe on Akala Island and learn Bloom Doom. Also,anime does justice cause Kiawe's family is Kiawe themed.

[spoiler What happened]

Is that everything in this spoiler mysteriously disappeared.

fix'd as I hadn't seen the episode at time of writing. That'll teach me for waking up late, missing a livestream.

Also, can I point out that Rowlet will simply be using Breakneck Blitz next episode. Remember, he'll need a Grassium Z for Bloom Doom.

EDIT

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM010 Subbed]

- So Ash ended up in the paper for what happened in the previous episode, though I want to know how much of the paper is small ads 'n junk tbph.

- and as the opening implied, Jenny is partnered up with the Gumshoos

- Rowlet getting a kill then falling asleep allowing Pikachu to battle, that'll do it. (Still adorable though)

- I did like the continuity during the battle against Hariyama. Pikachu attacked Hariyama's legs just like Treecko did in the rematch against Brawly in AG.

- That'll do it, two ring outs and we haven't had a flawless victory (as Rowlet wasn't defeated) since DP, against Wake iirc.

- I would say Tapu Koko trolled Hala by switching the Fightinium Z for Electrium Z, but what it did was logical, swapping out a Z-Crystal Ash cannot use atm with one he can use. At least Tapu Koko returned the Fightinium Z to Hala in the post-credits scene.

fix'd as I hadn't seen the episode at time of writing. That'll teach me for waking up late, missing a livestream.

Also, can I point out that Rowlet will simply be using Breakneck Blitz next episode. Remember, he'll need a Grassium Z for Bloom Doom.

EDIT

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM010 Subbed]

- So Ash ended up in the paper for what happened in the previous episode, though I want to know how much of the paper is small ads 'n junk tbph.

- and as the opening implied, Jenny is partnered up with the Gumshoos

- Rowlet getting a kill then falling asleep allowing Pikachu to battle, that'll do it. (Still adorable though)

- I did like the continuity during the battle against Hariyama. Pikachu attacked Hariyama's legs just like Treecko did in the rematch against Brawly in AG.

- That'll do it, two ring outs and we haven't had a flawless victory (as Rowlet wasn't defeated) since DP, against Wake iirc.

- I would say Tapu Koko trolled Hala by switching the Fightinium Z for Electrium Z, but what it did was logical, swapping out a Z-Crystal Ash cannot use atm with one he can use. At least Tapu Koko returned the Fightinium Z to Hala in the post-credits scene.

[spoiler response]

I guess this makes sense. Considering Ash has no fighting types with him atm of course he'd get real Electrium-Z.

Archived