Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to get to 20,000 feathers again, but I can't quite decide which unit to upgrade to five stars. The units are as follows:

• Xander, I already have Ryoma as a red unit who can counter at range, but Xander has more mobility and greater defense making him a better tank.
  • Odin, Spring Lucina wants his Blarblade+ tome. This however sounds rather wasteful.
  • Michalis, my team could use a green unit. Being a flyer is also nice. Can also serve as a better tank than Ryoma I suppose.
  • Anna, another green unit to consider. Her speed is really solid. Also seems to recur as bonus hero.
  • Zephiel, his base stat total is quite nice but he tends to lag behind on the battlefield often being delegated to bonus hero (while it lasts).

Other units I had up for consideriation either have somewhat awkward natures or don't patch up my team's weaknesses:

• Kagero (+Speed -Hp), her damage output against infantry is fantastic and barely suffers from weapon triangle disadvantage. Klein however already serves a similar role.
  • Effie (+Hp -Res), same issues as Zephiel. I also already have multiple strong blue units. Lukas is quite similar, only more mobile.
  • Lilina (+Atk -Hp), Very high magical damage… not much else. 

Which one do you think would be the best to unlock potential from?

I'd say either Michalis or Anna, depending on whether you need a physical flying tank or a fast infantry unit (and yes, the starter trio rotate as bonus heroes so having Anna is useful for that). If you have Ryoma than Xander and Zephiel (who I'd probably only 5* if I had a Distant Counter to give him anyways) are less needed, and because the blade tomes can reach such higher damage numbers from buffs, getting the + version is far from required.

The primary issue I have with the standard "Blarblade" tome is that its damage output is slightly lower than that of "Blue Egg+" while no buffs are in place... though that might not be quite a relevant issue given both Ryoma and my Klein both have "Hone Speed 3" (Klein also has inherited "Rally attack"). Given I have 2 Odins I could always decide to upgrade the other one later (so I can pass on "Blarblade+", "Moonbow" and "R Tomebreaker 3"); still requires some help of a third unit though.

As for a flying physical tank or fast infantry, I would benefit more from the former; Spring Lucina is already a very fast infantry unit thanks to "Swift Sparrow 2" and most of my team tends to be infantry making Kagero somewhat threatening. Anna's recurring status is quite appealing; though I suppose it will take some time before its her time to shine once again (after this "season" has ended), so could upgrade her later once I have enough feathers again.

Regarding Xander, I was thinking of creating a Horse Emblem team with him, Celica, Ursula and Abel (or something like that), but I am currently lacking some "necessary" skills (namely "Fortify cavalry"). That is a type of team where he better fits than Ryoma, but the team still needs a lot work (unlocking of potential for basically all units, inheriting better skills and so on). Though I wouldn't be surprised if Xander was one of the next bonus heroes so he could shine there.

On a somewhat different note, does anyone of you know how to influence your defense score? I once had the maximum score and a middling score, but more often no score at all. My team hasn changed much between seasons (Klein, Spring Lucina, Ryoma and Bonus hero). With this team I can consistently score around 4,700 points. Any ideas to improve its odds of getting a defense score?

Put your weakest unit in front to bait people into fighting you? I dunno. Aside from maybe not having armor units on a defence team since they always get left behind, you just want to make sure you have a bonus unit on defence since I think it matters now.

Though I don't know whether it will work, given the source could be outdated, I have found something which might work as a strategy for a defense team; use powerhouses or a gimmick to take on the enemies. Given I am a little short on powerhouses that are hard to play around, I opted for the gimmick route. People trying to maximize their arena score tend to surrender once an ally falls; the score in that chain will be lower. Creating a team which is dedicated to defeating common units could help.

My current "strategy" is colorless hate; three units with "-raven" tomes in different colors combined with "weapon triangle adept" (and Kagero to take on infantry units). Since they inherited "weapon triangle adept" from a four star Selena, it is only level 2; the third skill they inherited is "Reposition". Given the tendency of the AI to use support skills if no attack target is present, they might be able to bait the enemy ("Draw back" might be better suited for this though). Most likely not the best team, but it is worth a shot. So far no results however, but the week is still young.

As for the upcoming voting gaunlet, I think I will go with team Robin (M). Out of the units I have who give you a bonus (Henry being the only other one), I like him the best. Would probably choose Julia if I had her on my team.

Got myself a Linde, but I might roll a little more for Julia, though I definitely have to be saving for this next banner

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6aq0hr/rite_of_shadows_new_banner/

Let me just say... H E A L E R M E T A 

ma boi Julius and onee-chan Elise are going to be kicking some A S S now i just have to get them 

I'm both glad and sad that Saber's not in this. Sad because he's a cool eyepatch dude, glad because he won't be getting in the way of me pulling red orbs for Celica.

If I ever happen to pull more than one Celica, I think that Distant Defense is going straight on Ike.

The gauntlet has begun, and I think Tharja's saying: "Fine, if I win, I'll wear that stupid red bikini, but if I should lose, I will cast a hex on you that can never be broken. A hex so terrifying, it could frighten even me, so unless you want me to hex you, make sure I win."

Rewatched the trailer to double check, heck yeah we're getting a new story chapter. That means 15 more orbs.

Also Erica Lindbeck sounds great as Celica. I hadn't checked out any recent trailers for SoV so I didn't know what she'd sound like in English.

Rewatched the trailer to double check, heck yeah we're getting a new story chapter. That means 15 more orbs.

Also Erica Lindbeck sounds great as Celica. I hadn't checked out any recent trailers for SoV so I didn't know what she'd sound like in English.

Is she Celica in SoV?

Also, why does Linde have a strong fanbase?

Come on Tharja Fanbase, Cast those votes!

On a side note: Shradow, tell me if this is a good idea for the next story chapter, paralogue, or xenologue:

The Crimean Royal Knights have arrived!

From Fire Emblem Path of Radiance:

Elincia: Kind Queen

Class: Pegasus Knight

Weapon Sword

Skills at 5 stars:

• Amiti: Grants +3 in Def and Res. Doubles number of attacks the wielder can perform.
  • Spur Def or Spur Res
  • Renewal
  • Canto

Lucia: Sword Spy

Class: Sword Master

Weapon Sword

Skills at 5 stars:

• Silver Sword+
  • Daybreak
  • Rally Attack
  • Speed +6

Geoffery: Loyal Knight (change if that is already taken)

Class: Spear Cavalier

Weapon: Spear

Skills at 5 stars:

• Brave Lance+
  • Sol
  • Spur ATK
  • Aegis

Bastian: Whimsical Mage

Class: Green Mage

Weapon: Green Tome

Skills at 5 stars:

• Excalibur
  • Shove
  • That skill Easter Camilla has
  • Triangle advantage (or something)

Prove your worth to the royal knights.

What do you think?

Elincia's weapon would need a -5 Spd penalty and a relatively low MT for a legendary brave weapon with that passive. You don't explain how Canto would work, though I assume you just mean she could use any leftover movement after an action. There's no Spd +6 skill so I'm assuming you mean +3. For Bastian's weapon I'm assuming you meant Rexcalibur+ since Excalibur is unique to Merric.

The rest seems fine, thematically. Balance-wise it's hard to judge with no statline or anything.

I think I might pull for colorless for the first time in forever if I happen to have orbs leftover after getting Celica. Genny's design is super cute and her art in FEH does her justice, plus I might want that Wrathful Staff skill. Especially if we get MOULDER THE BOULDER when they add more SS characters.

Elincia's weapon would need a -5 Spd penalty and a relatively low MT for a legendary brave weapon with that passive. You don't explain how Canto would work, though I assume you just mean she could use any leftover movement after an action. There's no Spd +6 skill so I'm assuming you mean +3. For Bastian's weapon I'm assuming you meant Rexcalibur+ since Excalibur is unique to Merric.

The rest seems fine, thematically. Balance-wise it's hard to judge with no statline or anything.

I think I might pull for colorless for the first time in forever if I happen to have orbs leftover after getting Celica. Genny's design is super cute and her art in FEH does her justice, plus I might want that Wrathful Staff skill. Especially if we get MOULDER THE BOULDER when they add more SS characters.

You're right. Canto's not a good ability for Elincia, so what would you suggest is a good ability for her?

Elincia: Kind Queen

Class: Pegasus Knight

Weapon Sword

Skills at 5 stars:

• Amiti: Grants +3 in Def and Res. Doubles number of attacks the wielder can perform. -5 Spd.
  • Spur Def or Spur Res
  • Renewal

Lucia: Sword Spy

Class: Sword Master

Weapon Sword

Skills at 5 stars:

• Silver Sword+
  • Daybreak
  • Rally Attack
  • Speed +3

Geoffery: Loyal Knight (change if that is already taken)

Class: Spear Cavalier

Weapon: Spear

Skills at 5 stars:

• Brave Lance+
  • Darting Blow +3
  • Spur ATK
  • Aegis

Bastian: Whimsical Mage

Class: Green Mage

Weapon: Green Tome

Skills at 5 stars:

• Rexcalibur+
  • Shove
  • Live for Bounty
  • Triangle advantage (or something)

A little tweaking. Also, trailers don't usually give stat lines, this is just my idea what the next set of heroes should be. I mean we got the Greil Mercenaries, why not the Crimean Royal Knights?

How about we get Dozla, Rennac, L'Arachel and Seth? They are releasing these guys and girls in groups of four after all.

So there was a small update getting things ready for tomorrow and so the datamining has begun, here's abunch of art: http://imgur.com/a/b50Zj

There are also quests for Lloyd's GHB, Narcian's GHB, more Sacred Seals, and for some reason quests titled "Kozaki Yusuke" who, if you don't know, is the artist for Awakening/Fates and did all the original characters in FEH.

Damn, the art was kinda...disappointing. But hey, I can reunite Nino with his big bro again!

Also, been taking Anna to the Arena to get the bonus, but...at *4 she felt really disappointing. I saw the Fury Desperation *5 build a few times, and understood that it's really potent. It's just that without those it felt like she's not killing anything.

In the meantime I murdered the rest using double dancer+Faye. God, this build is so satisfying to use.

Damn, the art was kinda...disappointing. But hey, I can reunite Nino with his big bro again!

Also, been taking Anna to the Arena to get the bonus, but...at *4 she felt really disappointing. I saw the Fury Desperation *5 build a few times, and understood that it's really potent. It's just that without those it felt like she's not killing anything.

In the meantime I murdered the rest using double dancer+Faye. God, this build is so satisfying to use.

Nino's a girl remember.

Speaking of, Why does Nino have a weapon that lowers cooldown rate when she has no cooldown skill to use?

And how can there be fans of Geneaology of the Holy War? Why are there so many Julia fans?

On another note, Lloyd doesn't look too bad. He's not gonna have a Lightbrand or a Levin Sword is he?

Can't wait to see what they'll do for Linus.

Archived