Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is true but Lucina is at least decent lol

Honestly it's mostly how high the numbers are for JUST Camilla with how bad I feel her character is.

Basically Lucina is a decent character and is in Smash and such so I can get it. Plus the other people in her tournament at least had some pretty good numbers too.

I mean Camilla's got tiddies on her side

That being said I really don't think she's as bad of a character as people say she is. It's honestly really just mostly her story stuff and her Corrin supports that really hurt her character

She suffers from a lot of what Xander suffers from, but she has it even worse because she doesn't have the benefit of being the best character in the game to help salvage her.

The positives of her, like her being a "smother", work well, but they overplay the seductive obsession.

comparing her to tharja (not rhajat, rhajat is fine) is insulting, and ignores her character entirely.

comparing her to tharja (not rhajat, rhajat is fine) is insulting, and ignores her character entirely.

I like Tharja more than Camilla tbh. I dislike the fan reaction/love of Tharja more than Camilla's but for character and or entertainment I personally find Tharja better.

The comparison seems more on the side that they both have their character overshadowed by oversexualization and obsessiveness.

It's not that comparing her ignores her character it's that they're comparable because both of them have any interesting aspects often ignored in favor of pandering.

Tharja was terrible. Her supports rarely deviated from the fetish fuel aspect, and she was just a deplorable human being with none of the upsides that, say, JMR from Arc-V, Simon Keyes from AA, or Hazama from BlazBlue. There was nothing to really like about it, it wasn't Shou Tucker levels, but it wasn't good by any stretch.

I think it's insulting to compare a character who at least tries to be more than that, story be damned, to OG Tharja is just insulting.

Tharja's sucky, but it's like that from her very concept.

Camilla on the other hand, is a giant waste of potential ruined by excessive fanservice pandering and Fates' signature terrible character portrayal.

I have issues with both of them for different reasons and I agree that their case us pretty different but personally I loathe Camilla more due to her embodying almost all the bad direction that Fates took. Tharja was more of an isolated case for me.

on another note, go team Minerva! It is nice at least to see her getting this much support, even if she'll lose to Camilla in the finals anyway.

Tharja was terrible. Her supports rarely deviated from the fetish fuel aspect, and she was just a deplorable human being with none of the upsides that, say, JMR from Arc-V, Simon Keyes from AA, or Hazama from BlazBlue. There was nothing to really like about it, it wasn't Shou Tucker levels, but it wasn't good by any stretch.

I think it's insulting to compare a character who at least tries to be more than that, story be damned, to OG Tharja is just insulting.

I have no issue with a character being a horrible person and still enjoying some of the things they do/say.

I got more entertainment from her supports as a whole than Camilla. That's all.

I'm not arguing this any longer because most of this is literally just different opinions. The only non-opinion part is that the characters are comparable only in the fact that they are in part ruined by oversexualization, fanservice, and a focus on an obsession.

That's... why I listed characters who are completely despicable, yet have things that are enjoyable. My point was that Tharja's version of that is the fetish fuel aspect, and that's a really bad way to sell a genuinely horrible human being.

Giving them drive, making their reactions entertaining, giving them comedic aspects, making them bone-chilling, these work.

Tharja has none of these, other than drive to be a creepy stalker, re:fetish fuel.

Feel free to drop it, but you very much just stated my point over again.

That's... why I listed characters who are completely despicable, yet have things that are enjoyable. My point was that Tharja's version of that is the fetish fuel aspect, and that's a really bad way to sell a genuinely horrible human being.

Giving them drive, making their reactions entertaining, giving them comedic aspects, making them bone-chilling, these work.

Tharja has none of these, other than drive to be a creepy stalker, re:fetish fuel.

Feel free to drop it, but you very much just stated my point over again.

Ooooh no no not what I meant. I meant that I can enjoy the despicable things as well. In some cases. I guess it's I enjoyed how people would react and enjoyed just the idea of this creepy and possibly evil person being on Team Good Guy.

Also her support with Nowi helped.

Sorry for not being more clear.

I have a second NNID for the sake of secondary saves on games that can only have 1 save per account (such as BotW), and I figured I might as well use it for this. I'm currently rerolling a second account for Bunnycina, and I figure now's as good a time as any to do so.

I have the 10 extra orbs from the twitter quiz, 10 from My Nintendo, and with a new game I can get all the orbs from the story/paralogues again, not use orbs to level up my castle since the faster leveling is actually disadvantageous for grinding SP, and while I may not have any of the units I have on my main account, outside of the GHB heroes (which I've not actually used any), I can always summon them in the future unlike Bunny Lucina who would only possibly return next year.

And since I assume we're getting a Shadows of Valentia focus when the game launches, I'll want a lot of orbs saved up, which I can't really do that well on my main account.

EDIT: Took a bit of time but got -HP +Spd Bunnycina, and on the first summon so I could save the rest of the orbs. Mission accomplished.

So a quick overview of the update:

• Max stamina is now 99 instead of 50, orbs/potions refill 99 stamina instead of 50.
  • Merging units transfers over any inherited skills as well as their learned status (so if a skill was already learned you don't have to use SP to relearn it).
  • Arena score/matchmaking is now based on 1) Levels and rarity. 2) Number of bonuses from merging. 3) BST after removing any positives/negatives from skill/weapons. 4) Equipped skills.
  • Lower star units gain more exp.
  • You can swap places of units before beginning a map. In the settings menu there is an option to start on this.
  • Hero Merit system now gives you Hero Merit after each map based on the strength and number of the enemies defeated. A unit that dies gets no Hero Merit. Every 500 Hero Merit (you can check how much each character has under Misc > Hero Merit List) you get 500 feathers, up to 4 times capping out at 2000 Hero Merit granting 2000 feathers total. This number is once per character, so having multiple copies of a unit only adds to a single pool of Hero Merit. It keeps tracks of units you've previously had, as well, so you can't just send home every copy of a unit to try and reset their Hero Merit or anything. 
  • Sacred Seals are the new S slot skill. They're like an equippable badge system, you can only have 1 copy of any given Sacred Seal, extras are automatically turned into feathers.

I think that's pretty much everything about the update. However we're soon getting more content. Starting at the next daily reset in a few hours will be a new event, where you'll get a "Holy Memorial Login Bonus" granting 2 orbs each day for 17 days, as well as methods for getting Sacred Seals for Spd +1, Atk +1, and HP +3.

As for datamining, we've known Zephiel was the next GHB since IS gave us the schedule so that's no surprise, but we now know the next banner will have Alm, Lukas, Faye, and Clair from Shadows of Valentia and will come with a related Paralogue chapter. https://imgur.com/a/KDOZJ

All of these characters are on Alm's side of the story, we'll most likely also soon be getting a banner featuring Celica and characters on her side. The game comes out next week in Japan but not worldwide until a month after that, so I'm guessing they're spreading things out to accommodate both release dates.

I just find it weird that she appears to be an Archer, she is a Villager but I don't believe it's possible for her to reclass into an Archer in SoV.

For Celica's banner I'm gonna guess the other characters will be Mae, Boey, and Saber. Though I'd love to get Nomah and his glorious beard.

EDIT: jesus why is Alm's sword so big

As for datamining, we've known Zephiel was the next GHB since IS gave us the schedule so that's no surprise, but we now know the next banner will have Alm, Lukas, Faye, and Clair from Shadows of Valentia and will come with a related Paralogue chapter. https://imgur.com/a/KDOZJ

...where the funk is best boy, Kliff...?

tumblr_onv27qWUsv1sv8ijvo1_400.png

He's too much of a qt to be ignored.

I'm okay with bb no matter how big his sword is. It's how he uses it that matters ;^)

And I can't wait to see his full images. He's such a babe

OHoZZtD.png

Would love to try cosplaying him someday.

Archived