Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

I would hardly call adding a single new line in the user info section a "clutter" but I can understand your concern, all I've added has been features for clarity's sake.

And it's not something that takes up the entirety of your screen.

Oh I know just bringing it up cause eventually we might have to pick and choose if we end up figuring out more things that can go there.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I know just bringing it up cause eventually we might have to pick and choose if we end up figuring out more things that can go there.

I would agree, and I believe it's better to cross that bridge when we come to it, rather than causing unnecessary drama when it currently isn't an issue, especially considering that it isn't that big of an issue.

What he is saying is, it saves a "tap", rather than having to "tap" every profile to see when a user is active, you just see it in the post.

I'm not directly arguing against it, but he made it sound like it's not possible without this. When it totally is.

idk if ipb has this but is there a way to get real time notifications rather than refreshing? I frequent another forum like that but not sure if its bb or ipb

Unforunately due to our version of IP.B and the lack of a functional license key, I cannot update to a more modernized system, which would have that functionality.

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but is there by any chance a way to change how either the pinned or poll markers look from the list of topics? It's kind of easy to get them muddled up when a poll thread is at the top of active threads with the pinned threads.

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but is there by any chance a way to change how either the pinned or poll markers look from the list of topics? It's kind of easy to get them muddled up when a poll thread is at the top of active threads with the pinned threads.

Not quite sure what you mean?

Just figured you guys deserved an update on the situation, currently, YCMaker has once again limited our access on the ACP, he logged into the ACP on Saturday now we can no longer have access to the Look and Feel section as well as the hook installation page that I use to actually implement changes. I'm actively trying to figure out a workaround but currently, he has impeded any change that I could be making.

user.png YCMaker

IP: ---

03 February 2018, 23:05

I'm actively looking into a workaround so I can at the very least get back into things and do my best for the place, so my sincerest apologies for the (hopefully) temporary lack of changes.

We have also not heard a word from him regarding his sudden apperance and I can no longer grant myself "Admin" as a primary group to see if it resolves the issue.

This is why we should have made Tormey a perma admin

First, I'm not sure we can. Not in the straight-forward way you mean.

Second, YCMaker still has power over the site and this would likely have resulted in.

At best: YCMaker demotes him and maybe whoever gave him said power.

At worst: YCMaker straight up bans him and whoever helped him with it.

First, I'm not sure we can. Not in the straight-forward way you mean.

Second, YCMaker still has power over the site and this would likely have resulted in.

At best: YCMaker demotes him and maybe whoever gave him said power.

At worst: YCMaker straight up bans him and whoever helped him with it.

You can, but I don't know how YCMaker would have reacted.

We need to find out why he did what he did first, and Idk how to do that

Oh my funking hell, you guys are dumb.

White, this isn't our property. They'd literally be stealing.

We don't own YCM. We have no place to deny YCMaker of this forum. He owns it, he pays for it, he gets money back from. Regardless of what you think, he has every right to do whatever he wants with and on this forum.

We have no right in anything but using it. Plus, you're bound to get into morally and legally grey areas when you deny someone use of their oen property. Stop acting like this site is ours. We spend time on it.

I hate YCMaker's inability to regulate this forum but we have no say in his use and entitlement to it. He can do whatever he wants and however he wants to do that.

Oh my f***ing hell, you guys are dumb.

White, this isn't our property. They'd literally be stealing.

We don't own YCM. We have no place to deny YCMaker of this forum. He owns it, he pays for it, he gets money back from. Regardless of what you think, he has every right to do whatever he wants with and on this forum.

We have no right in anything but using it. Plus, you're bound to get into morally and legally grey areas when you deny someone use of their oen property. Stop acting like this site is ours. We spend time on it.

I hate YCMaker's inability to regulate this forum but we have no say in his use and entitlement to it. He can do whatever he wants and however he wants to do that.

which is why this is such a dick move. i agree, it's his property, and all that jazz, but the man's actively killing the site, and for whatever reason, he won't let anybody improve it (for no cost to him, mind you).

i don't own a website, but i have to wonder what anybody who does, gains from holding back the growth of said website.

which is why this is such a dick move. i agree, it's his property, and all that jazz, but the man's actively killing the site, and for whatever reason, he won't let anybody improve it (for no cost to him, mind you).

i don't own a website, but i have to wonder what anybody who does, gains from holding back the growth of said website.

Control and profit.  Imagine what it's like to have someone go behind your back to alter anything you own.  No matter the outcome, this is interference with your personal property.  You didn't ask for this, you didn't want this, but it was done without your say or confirmation.

No, that is not why it is a dick move. It is a dick move to hack into a site or operate it without the owner's permission to do so. It doesn't matter if we do it for no cost or anything, but we did a shitty thing, too. It is a dick move to do a lot of things, but we done nothing in the right of anything but the people who use the forum.

Who knows, maybe what we are doing is holding back growth of the site. We don't have numbers or data, so impartial thoughts mean very little to what helps this site or not.

You guys are only in the sentiment of making this site better for the people who use it, and maybe bring in others. But this isn't doing anything but that, since we are revitalizing the site for our own gain.

YCMaker is just a person who owns a site and gets something from it. There is no obligation to make the site anything than it already is. If we think that he has obligations to us, we're as shitty people for making it mean that this site being an important avenue on his own right. We are instilling are use of this site to the importance that he deems it. Maybe, this site is just a source of money. I would love that and hate anyone who messes with my sheet.

We has happened is great, but we're not better or worse for doing it. You don't own a website, but if you're getting money from one, shouldn't that be a good thing and anyone who gets in the way of that means that those people are terrible? This isn't his life, it is a side swing that has profit. It doesn't have to mean anything to YCMaker, nor should it.

We are not entitled to this site. Stop pulling your own sheet and acting like we are. YCMaker doesn't have to do anything for us, nor should we think that he should.

Archived