Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Tourmaline

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to Shulk, I can possibly see them replace him with the main protag of XC2 if he doesn't remain.

Yea, if Shulk gets cut, Rex would replace him. 

Do Shulk and Rex play similarly (never played Xeno)? If not, I'd think they'd keep Shulk and add Rex to bolster their representation a bit.

I don't think so. And yea, of Shulk staying and Rex getting added is the most likely scenario. Though switching Shulk for Rex and no Rex at all can also happen.

I really want an ARMS rep in the game. Personally I'd love to see Min Min or Helix although I know that Springman or Ribbon Girl are way more likely. 
I also kind of want them to "trim" the roster so to speak. Stuff like Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina should be skins. Ganon needs a rework on his moveset (I like the idea of giving the old Ganon to Dark Shadow as a new character) and it'd be neat to see BotW Link have a completely new moveset with Toon Link keeping the old one.

I also kind of want them to "trim" the roster so to speak. Stuff like Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina should be skins. Ganon needs a rework on his moveset (I like the idea of giving the old Ganon to Dark Shadow as a new character) and it'd be neat to see BotW Link have a completely new moveset with Toon Link keeping the old one.

I feel like everyone wants Ganon to have a better move set. Building him off of Falcon is still weird to me.

I've seen that idea thrown around. BotW Link has VERY different tools than most other Links. Though I'm curious how time stoping, magnets, and ice pillars can be used.

I'm still surprised it's coming out this year, but the timing for it is pretty perfect. It's like Nintendo's got their big system sellers all in a line with Odyssey and BotW in 2017, Smash in 2018, and I imagine Pokemon (and to a lesser extent Prime 4, not exactly a system seller but definitely something with a ton of hype behind it) will hopefully be coming in the next couple of years.

I'm still surprised it's coming out this year, but the timing for it is pretty perfect. It's like Nintendo's got their big system sellers all in a line with Odyssey and BotW in 2017, Smash in 2018, and I imagine Pokemon (and to a lesser extent Prime 4, not exactly a system seller but definitely something with a ton of hype behind it) will hopefully be coming in the next couple of years.

Metroid sounds like a system seller to people who have been asking for another Metroid game for ages.

I still want to experience a new earthbound but I doubt that’s happening.

I'm miffed about the lack of news for FE16 rn. MP4 is also a thing I feel like they should at least touch on, but after the bullshit that was the SMTxFE initial reveal and its long break, the fact that it's been over a year since FE16 was announced for Switch with no details, slated for this year, has me kinda pissed.

I really hope that this is the game they finally decide to put Ganondorf's kit on Black Shadow and then rework Ganondorf to be his own character. Or introduce Toon Ganondorf, that'd be kickass.

Would summoning blights be too good? It might be cool if they gave him all the powers of the blights

Drones he can summon, super speed, protective shield, and I forgot what Water Blight's phase 2 was

I suppose this coming in 2018 is a solid indicator that we won't be getting Pokémon this year, which I think is a good thing as it wouldn't make much sense for Nintendo to release 2 blockbuster titles in the holiday period (assuming Smash comes out in the holiday period of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I thought about this awhile ago but forgot to mention it. Since we had underwear Shulk in Sm4sh, do you think we'll get underwear Link in this new one, since he's BotW Link?

Smash Bros is a kids game. The fewer characters in their undies the better

Although I guess Wario could pull it off

• 2 months later...

Well, given that Ganondorf gets a new broadsword in his kit (yet seems to retain the all-important Warlock Punch and Wizard Foot), I'm legitimately excited for what other possible changes can be a part of things.

Roy apparently brings Lyn in during certain attacks, Peach brings in Toad more often (and Daisy carries in fan-favorite Blue Toad), and transformation Final Smashes being cut out means that Lucario is getting a new one . . . again.

Weirdly, the entire Fire Emblem crew is apparently slightly faster, as are Sonic and Captain Falcon. Don't know if this is just them, or if Ultimate is WHAT IF SMASH BROS BUT F A S T, but regardless it's an interesting change.

Archived