The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2018: Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities

Mettaton EX

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I had a question: Monster Duels. If the monsters decided to do that, in order to get out and enjoy time with the users, what should they be using to do things? YGOPro/PercyPro or DuelingBook?

Given that this is up to preference, I would recommend Dueling Book, as it allows customization of the game for effect... but, again, preference.

The event would be more fun if you didn't know who was a monster. Having a list makes guesses too easy

bit late to be saying that now, isn't it?

it would make it harder to guess, but given how many members tend to guess on average... I don't think being harder to guess is really needed.

so while, in theory, you're right, it doesn't necessarily pan out in practice

bit late to be saying that now, isn't it?

it would make it harder to guess, but given how many members tend to guess on average... I don't think being harder to guess is really needed.

so while, in theory, you're right, it doesn't necessarily pan out in practice

It just seems like Cow Cow and like a few other suspects get almost everyone every year, a little complexity might make it more enjoyable. Then again with Grad school I barely have time to do this, so I suppose it's not my fight

It just seems like Cow Cow and like a few other suspects get almost everyone every year, a little complexity might make it more enjoyable. Then again with Grad school I barely have time to do this, so I suppose it's not my fight

So because a few people do well you think making it harder for the people who don't get them would make it more fun? Nah, backwards logic that. It'd just make it frustrating for everyone trying.

Also what Black meant by bit late is that this would literally not be possible to try this year anyway. Given that we already know who most of the people are....because of the thread you posted it :P

If I'm not too late, I would like to join in on this. Not even sure if I qualify, as last year I didn't due to post count, but if the stars align in my favor, count me in

It's based on time active this year; not post count. Mettaton said that and everything.

So because a few people do well you think making it harder for the people who don't get them would make it more fun? Nah, backwards logic that. It'd just make it frustrating for everyone trying.

Also what Black meant by bit late is that this would literally not be possible to try this year anyway. Given that we already know who most of the people are....because of the thread you posted it :P

Is it really fun knowing that despite how well you do, cow and Brit are gonna clean the slate and get the prize? Surely you've heard about the crowd out effect in economics?

Is it really fun knowing that despite how well you do, cow and Brit are gonna clean the slate and get the prize? Surely you've heard about the crowd out effect in economics?

Okay then explain to me how doing it your way makes it harder for the people who do well and easier for those who don't. Maybe I can consider it for next year then.

Plus many that try just want to see how well they can do.

Is it really fun knowing that despite how well you do, cow and Brit are gonna clean the slate and get the prize?

Does it really matter? I mean, I personally do this, for the fun...not for who wins the prize. So, for me, a person playing a monster, I could care less who wins. I'm just having fun. And that's what these events are really all about: F-U-N.

Okay then explain to me how doing it your way makes it harder for the people who do well and easier for those who don't. Maybe I can consider it for next year then.

Plus many that try just want to see how well they can do.

It just makes it slightly harder for people like you to clean the clock. Counterpoint to my idea, it would make it that much harder for everyone else too, and might have a linear scale effect.

Not sure, I was just throwing out an idea, if you have any idea on how to make it more competitive, I'm all ears :)

Not sure, I was just throwing out an idea, if you have any idea on how to make it more competitive, I'm all ears :)

Not consider it a competition? Events like this are meant to just be for fun; not to see who can top an arbitrary leaderboard that literally nobody cares about topping. Even if they were competitve, the monster hunt isn't the main focus of this event on an official level.

It just makes it slightly harder for people like you to clean the clock. Counterpoint to my idea, it would make it that much harder for everyone else too, and might have a linear scale effect.

your suggestion sucks.

They win because they actually try. Forcing guesses to be blind doesn't even the competition, it kills it, because a relevant chunk will be people who you would only be able to figure out because they are on the list.

The sentiment of "why bother guessing if these people are better at it than me" is defeatist and honestly just making a problem where there is none.

EDIT: cowcow and British are not the only members to complete it, for the record. I did so 2 years ago

Archived