YuGiOh! Sevens

Dokutah

3/x

Trailer

Screenshot_20191220-201345_YouTube.jpg?r

The next Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime series is called Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS!

Screenshot_20191220-201725_YouTube.jpg?r

STORY
In the not-so-distant future, Goha City is governed by its largest corporation, “Goha Corp”, everything from schooling, to Dueling rules, to much of daily life.
Oudou Yuga, who attends Goha Seventh Elementary, decides to change this world which is too cramped for kids, and battles with his road “Rush Duel” while believing in his creations.

Screenshot_20191220-201729_YouTube.jpg?r

<Goha Seventh Elementary
>Goha Main Office Building

Screenshot_20191220-201740_YouTube.jpg?r

Oudou Yuuga (11 years old)
A fifth grader who attends the Seventh Goha Elementary School.
He loves Dueling and inventing, and calls his creations “load”. His ace monster is “Seventh-Load Magician”.

Screenshot_20191220-201758_YouTube.jpg?r

Luke (Kamijou Tatsuhisa) (11 years old)
Yuga’s classmate from the next class over. He calls himself “Goha Seventh’s Number Duelist”.
His ace monster is “Rengekiryuu Dragears” (Rushdragon Dragias)

Screenshot_20191220-201851_YouTube.jpg?r

Sougetsu Gakuto (12 years old)
A six grader who is also the student concil president of Goha Seventh Elementary. He’s very serious, and has never been tardy or absdent. His ace monster is “Mashou Yamerula” (Yamerula the Dark General)

https://ygorganization.com/the-next-yu-gi-oh-anime/

Oh wow, I have only seen screenshots and a few clips, but man does it look like Cardfight and Buddyfight, with some Duel Masters in there as well. I mean, it's fine, the anime is going to be trash like it always is, but it will be enjoyable trash I hope, and I'm there for the new cards, the new mechanics, the new everything, so yeah, always exciting to see a new anime series.

*Looks at artstyle* Bloody hell, it does seem reminiscent of Buddyfight in terms of artstyle. My immediate thoughts when watching the trailer were "Has Sun & Moon invaded yugioh now?!"

13 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

So the director is the same director as Cardfight Vanguard

Specifically GZ only.

On another note, I swear the jabroni that summoned Blue-Eyes (Kaiba will be rolling in his grave), looks like a Knight of Hanoi. As for what was shown in the trailer, my expectations are not high as it stands, but I'm trash enough to watch every week.

• 2 months later...

Additional cast members have been announced:

HologramMan.png?resize=300%2C254&ssl=1

An urban legend in the city of a holographic Duelist known as the “Hologram Man”, played by 浪川大輔 (Namikawa Daisuke), who Duels Yuga to see if he is worthy of being “The King of Duels”.

Kaizo.png?resize=300%2C157&ssl=1

And there is Kaizo, a ‘road’ that Yuga has invented after modifying a Goha Corp Drone, played by 小林裕介 (Kobayashi Yusuke).

Also the show’s opening theme is ナナナナナナナ Nananananananana by Saeki YouthK

c9e78dd5.jpg?resize=212%2C300&ssl=1

Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS will be airing on Saturdays at 7:30 AM starting April 4th on TV Tokyo

It’ll also air on BS TV Tokyo every Friday evening at 5:28 PM starting April 10th.

The poster slogan is “Our Road will change the world!”

https://ygorganization.com/bokuranoroadgasekaiwokaeru/

https://ygorganization.com/thehologramman/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Episode 2 reminded me of this card:
Gray Wing - Yugipedia - Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki

They made nerfed version of it, probably to calculate Yuga surviving another turn... Did he use all his cards turn 1? because I have the feeling the outcome could have been the same with an extra copy of the Curtain of Sparks. I guess it is because it would have made the Trap look a bit less effective...

I'm pretty sure there's a plot going on. From what I see:

Goha corporation has too tight of a grip on everything. People cannot even give away cards without the company's supervision. Those 2 kids in episode 1 weren't trading. One of them was giving the other a card, and by Japanese culture the other one felt like he needed to provide something in return (really didn't matter what it was). The bot assumed it a trade and scolded them. Also was about to scold Yuga for the customization of the bike. I guess that means the grip goes beyond just a card game's company.

A Mystery man left a secret key to shake up the game. Hologram Man's duel was merely "challenge #1. We can assume there'll be other secret passageways where we'll see Hologram Man again offering new stages to the challenge and upgrading power each time. The road to becoming the king won't be resolved in a single duel right off the bat.

Something's weird inside Goha corporations. There's a lime-colored hair kid looking at the photos Romin has been sneak-taking. I don't think the kid is President Goha, as President Goha seems like an adult.... although thinking about it again, I wouldn't put it past the show if somebody tried and succeeded to implement Rook's plan to disguise himself as an adult and rise up to be president.....

Romin's intentions are hinted with Yuga's lie detector. She IS working for Goha, but at the same time maybe not directly, and definitely not with an ill will.
Btw, can we take a second to appreciate the lame pun Yuga made with the lie detector? "it's my road" would sound like "it's my rod" (as in, fishing rod) xD

Goha seems to be against promoting Rush Duels, but doesn't outright delete the program. I think they might be unable to undo the Hologram man's install. Then again, right now IDK if duel disks anywhere can even go into master duel format so are all duels paused?

a girl voice called president Goha hiself saying "Rush Duels are very fun", and to get to the president's line, either they were all too packed up with calls, or it is somebody in close proximity with the president. Some suspect it is Romin, but it might be that weird kid that was looking at Romin's photos..... IDK.
- - - - -

Those are all the pieces I've got. 
Each member got their exhibition match and most of them had sub-optimal circumstances. Yuga bricked against Brook. Romin was learning some stuff on the go and also not using her own deck. Gakuto intentionally sabotaged his first turn because he was afraid he'd end up causing Rush Duels to get banned at school. 

Each deck can obviously improve but I think they are well made for what the format is. They have a clear focus with all the different Attribute Spellcasters to fill 7 Roads, the position changes into high DEF, the consistent amount of multi-attacking dragons + backrow removal, aaaand well Romin still doesn't have her own deck, but still.

For reference, this is supposed to be Romin's Ace (I don't think it was ever posted here).

It is almost "anti-Rush Duels" in nature given it needs the opponent to summon a bunch of monsters which is pretty telling.  I've gotta watch episode 3 first before commenting more on the plot though.

• 2 weeks later...

Cross posting my thoughts from a discord server I'm in:

The more I think about it the more I feel frustrated about yugioh sevens

My biggest issue is that we get nothing besides 2 sentences of Yuga's opinion neither of which use concrete examples as to why Rush duels are needed

"I feel that dueling had become rigid"

Why? No one knows

This makes it hard to get behind Yuga as a protagonist

For all we know he could just be tired of losing to 5d's + era synchro decks with his DM era normal monster filled deck

Though changing the rules to make things more even isn't a bad thing if its pitched as benefiting more then just you and if everyone is using early DM era decks I can see how it would make things more exciting or at least faster

The fact that Yuga is an elementary school student and according to Rook adults play duel monsters too makes this theory about him having bad reasons for it hard to dismiss in the absence of examples

Another issue relating to this line of thought is that Yuga didn't make Rush duels popular by pitching the idea to people

As far as I can tell he installed the new rules and in the process deleted the old ones

From the way the script is going so far anyone who opposes Rush Duels is a villain

but some people might have a deck that works well in master duels and/or just not want to change the rules suddenly but they are demonized anyway. As an IRL example, some people really like the IRL goat control format. From what I know about it it was really slow by today's standards but that was part of the charm for some people. I never played the goat format but I did like when the game was slower

An alternative way of writing it would be that the new rules are installed on everyone's duel disks but optional and Yuga makes it popular via their social media

and then Goha corp doesn't like anything that upsets the status quo

That would be more relatable at least

Speaking of sudden rule changes

Link monsters and the associated extra deck rules angered quite a few people IRL

Another minor issue is that Yuga doesn't have a goal. Yuma had some cringy filler right after the first episode of Zexal but his first duel was much more compelling and finding number monsters was a goal for him after that(edited)

Even if Katobingu (Yuma's catch phrase in the Japanese version) got tiresome later on the idea of not giving up and persevering was important

The only character I sort of like so far is Rook because he has some common sense about how to handle rush duels being added but in b4 he gets ignored like how Yuto's advice that Academia had to be defeated before Yuya could bring smiles to everyone through dueling was blatantly ignored by Yuya in the xyz dimension arc, only without ep 104's epic duel to show that Yuto had a point (at least until the writers decided to make everyone seem like they were brainwashed by Yuya's words e.g. vs the 2nd duel Edo and vs the Tyler sisters)

Archived