FIRE EMBLEM

LucinaFan69

About Fire emblem  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Any Fire Emblem fans here?

"fan" is a strong word. I enjoy the games, but I've only actually completed 2 games in the series (Blazing Blade and 3H).  I do like jumping back into the series every now and then when I'm feeling the urge to play TRPGs though.  Believe it or not, but I was actually playing a randomized run of Sacred Stones yesterday!

I voted "yes" on the poll, but I'm not the most knowledgeable and I probably wouldn't offer much meaningful conversation about the series.

I'm a fan too. Not a hardcore because I haven't played all the games, and none in their hardest modes. But I have played a handful like Blazing and Binding Blades, Radiant Dawn, Awakening and Heroes. I like the different classes, and course a number of female characters, not to mention the fanservice and fanarts.

Hero is my favorite class, and that's since befor Ike, although I prefer the Hero designs with shields. Ike's attire is hot, too. Awakening's Hero attire and model is my least favorite so far.

Top female characters are Elincia, Nephenee, Maribelle and Echidna, the latter notably because she is one of the few, if not the only one, female Hero class. Top favorite male characters are, well, Ike, also Fallen Robin a.k.a. Grima introduced in FE Heroes, and despite not playing the Valentia games, Duma. I was introduced to him in Heroes and I like his personality and philosophy of strength. But the rankings fluctuate a lot, especially because of Heroes introducing me to characters from games I haven't played, or dropping fanservice through alts. Meanwhile, I find Sanaki and Beruka cute, and more like daughter material if that's even a thing.

God Emperor Cow used to run Fire Emblem popularity polls on here. Good times. I remember participating in the first one and I believe Joshua (Sacred Stones) won it all. To quote Bleach S Abridged:

"...it's the hat!"

"It's all the hat."

"It's a great hat.

I saw Fire Emblem and was summoned then saw my name and decided to post, how dare you wake me from my slumber

Just for fun fact the winners of the 4 YCM Fire Emblem polls were
Joshua, Anna, Cynthia, and Ephraim

Once moved to NCM there has been two so far
Winners being Lethe and Sanaki

(btw I've played all games from Blazing Sword to Three Houses but none before, including the remakes and the Japan only New Mystery)

Alright back to obscurity I go

On 5/11/2020 at 7:23 AM, Redro said:

"fan" is a strong word. I enjoy the games, but I've only actually completed 2 games in the series (Blazing Blade and 3H).  I do like jumping back into the series every now and then when I'm feeling the urge to play TRPGs though.  Believe it or not, but I was actually playing a randomized run of Sacred Stones yesterday!

I voted "yes" on the poll, but I'm not the most knowledgeable and I probably wouldn't offer much meaningful conversation about the series.

I appreciate that you took the time to vote, and if there is something that you would like to discuss...let me know. Even if it is another topic, I would like to hear more of your point of views. 

10 hours ago, Redro said:

God Emperor Cow used to run Fire Emblem popularity polls on here. Good times. I remember participating in the first one and I believe Joshua (Sacred Stones) won it all. To quote Bleach S Abridged:

"...it's the hat!"

"It's all the hat."

"It's a great hat.

Yeah lol, Joshua is pretty popular, he is on my top sacred stones male units, but is really hard to decide a good place for him...and you are right, "It´s the hat!!" LOL, Stay safe and take care!

I'm a casual fan, since I suck at playing anything above normal. Completed Sacred Stones, the Tellius games, Awakening, Fates, SoV, and Three Houses. I've also played through a fair bit of Blazing Blade and New Mystery of the Emblem, and about half of Sigurd's part of Genealogy. Also play a lot of Heroes, and have spent more money on it than I would like, because I needed the Young Whitewings.

Favourite characters would be Catria and Eirika. Catria because I relate to her personality a bit, and Eirika was my first Fire Emblem Lord (and is technically a Myrmidon which is my favourite class). I also blame Fire Emblem for my like of blue haired + Blue eyed characters.

Favourite game in the series is definitely Three Houses, since I believe it is the only game I have done multiple playthroughs basically non-stop after getting it. I believe clocking 100 hours only stopping cause I needed sleep and food.

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Tythe Scora said:

Just a random psychological thought experiment.  If every random enemy unit in a Fire Emblem game had a unique name and character image, do you all think you'd be able to go through a game?

I supposed that'd completely depend on what kind of characters they're are. I mean, name 200 violent, foul mouthed orcs, and even if they have a name, I'll still obliterate them. But with likeable characters, things get much more complicated. I have some trouble watching stuff such as Madoka (even if it is an absolutely amazing show) because I don't enjoy seeing girls suffering, so there's that.

• 6 months later...

Dimitri is considered a sort of darker twist on Ephraim, and Heroes sort of acknowledges the similarities between the two characters. It's also weirdly specific that both Cormag and Felix have older brothers named Glen(n), whose deaths are highly influential on the younger brothers' characters. The dynamic between Dimitri and Edelgard is also similar to Ephraim and Lyon.

Like I said, loose parallels, so I doubt it was intentional. It's very much people making a few reaches, but I have seen the sentiment that Blue Lions appeals to Sacred Stones fans, and that was very much the case with me.

38 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Dimitri is considered a sort of darker twist on Ephraim, and Heroes sort of acknowledges the similarities between the two characters. It's also weirdly specific that both Cormag and Felix have older brothers named Glen(n), whose deaths are highly influential on the younger brothers' characters. The dynamic between Dimitri and Edelgard is also similar to Ephraim and Lyon.

Like I said, loose parallels, so I doubt it was intentional. It's very much people making a few reaches, but I have seen the sentiment that Blue Lions appeals to Sacred Stones fans, and that was very much the case with me.

Fire Emblem is Good Game Do You Agree? and have you played Fire Emblem and the Three Houses? and if you did then tell me your thoughts on it?

Don't know if anyone will mind my expressing of interest and introduction, but I'm a fan of the series. Got introduced to it in 2016 (I think) with SoV (which I have since finished the main story) and have collected various progress across the other games. I'm close to finishing Awakening and have begun on the Gameboy titles to various degrees. I'm also a good chunk into PoR though and a daily player of Heroes. However, I haven't played any of the Japanese titles, DS games, or Three Houses (I know... "blasphemy"). Mostly I play for the soapy story set in a world of might and magic, and with a little interest in the tactics game-play (although, I'm no expert by ANY means).

Now that that is stated for the record, I'm going to shrink away again.

Archived