Borrego Enojado

Rayfield Lumina

1396279645_BorregoEnojado.jpg.75fb24781acfeb564965c09f7f189d94.jpg

Borrego Enojado

Fire                      Level 1

Beast / Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned by effects that activate as Chain Link 2 or higher. Cannot be used as Tribute or material for a Summon. Unaffected by other card effects. If this card is changed to Defense Position: Destroy it. This card cannot attack, unless it has 8000 ATK or more. If this card is able to attack, it can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, during your opponent’s Standby Phase: Place 1 Angry Counter on this card. Place 1 Angry Counter on this card for each card you control destroyed by your opponent, or place 2 Angry Counters on this card if the destroyed card is a Beast monster. Gains 500 ATK for each Angry Counter on this card.

ATK 500 / DEF 200

*** Yeah, cmon. Just keep angering the sheep... just keep at it...

Well, just a fun card I wanted to share. This one is actually special, as this is the very first time I post a card while using a drawing I myself made xD. But credits to @Sleepy, who drew the original version of this character. Yeah, this is a fan art!

Critique and Comment, about the card or the art, is really appreciated 🙂 

Thanks for the comment, Morris!

About your recommendation... ummmm... getting 500 ATK per Angry Counter is exactly what it does xD. This card is dangerous, but has some glaring faults. Obviously, it's weakness is being destroyed by battle easily and not being able to be in Defense Position (this is part of the lore, Angry Sheep never, EVER backs down). In theory, it will always have 1000 ATK by the time your opponent can attack it first, so you'd better have stalling cards to protect it, such as Swift Scarecrow, Battle Fader, Negate Attack, etc., or perhaps a card that can redirect your opponent's attacks. Your opponent gets punished is they destroy any other cards you have. It'll reach a point (relatively fast, possibly) when beating the Sheep with simple attacks will be impossible. You have to take care of it fast.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

About your recommendation... ummmm... getting 500 ATK per Angry Counter is exactly what it does xD.

Ope. Missed that. NVM, ignore me xD. Anyway, I think it would perform brilliantly with a combination of "Spirit Barrier" (prevents battle damage while you control a monster) and something that can redirect the attack away from the sheep or keep it from being destroyed, like "Astral Barrier" (you can make every attack from your opponent a direct attack). Then put in something like "Scapegoat" and/or "Scapeghost", to Summon a bunch of Tokens ("Sheep Tokens" and "Black Sheep Tokens" in the examples, funnily enough) to suicide against the opponent's monsters to increase the Angry Sheep's ATK.

36 minutes ago, morrisoni4 said:

Ope. Missed that. NVM, ignore me xD. Anyway, I think it would perform brilliantly with a combination of "Spirit Barrier" (prevents battle damage while you control a monster) and something that can redirect the attack away from the sheep or keep it from being destroyed, like "Astral Barrier" (you can make every attack from your opponent a direct attack). Then put in something like "Scapegoat" and/or "Scapeghost", to Summon a bunch of Tokens ("Sheep Tokens" and "Black Sheep Tokens" in the examples, funnily enough) to suicide against the opponent's monsters to increase the Angry Sheep's ATK.

Hey, yeah! Good thinking. Spirit Barrier + suicidal tactics sounds absolutely amazing. So much, actually, that this card might require a readjustment xD. I mean, if you manage to activate Spirit Barrier, Scapegoat and smear their cute faces against anything, Borrego should obtain +4000 ATK since they're Beasts (Scapeghosts are Zombies, but still good enough.) That pretty much guarantees victory unless your opponent brings soon something with over 5000 ATK xD. I love the fact that this combo is performed with sheeps). Perhaps this card requires another weakness, like being able to be returned to the hand...

While it is an amusing performance...I don't like the "Cannot be Special Summoned" clause. Sucks out all the fun, and chances that it would see play if it were real. Personally, I'd suggest saving the restriction to a specific kind of Special Summon, like "Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck" or "Cannot be Special Summoned from the GY", as opposed to absolutely no Special Summons.

44 minutes ago, BlackwaterNoble said:

Angry Sheep!!!

I love how it's essentially a glass cannon. Takes a while to load up the ammunition, and can be destroyed a number of ways, but if the opponent doesn't take care of it they're in for a surprise!

Haha, well, not exactly "can be destroyed in a number of ways". It's essentially a super sturdy but fluffy purple ball of rage which can only be taken care of if it's destroyed by battle. Remember that it says "Unaffected by other card effects" xD. But yeah, the more you make it angry, the closer you are to death.

15 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

While it is an amusing performance...I don't like the "Cannot be Special Summoned" clause. Sucks out all the fun, and chances that it would see play if it were real. Personally, I'd suggest saving the restriction to a specific kind of Special Summon, like "Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck" or "Cannot be Special Summoned from the GY", as opposed to absolutely no Special Summons.

It... could be? You see, the main reason for me to avoid the Special Summoning was to prevent easy buffing. What I mean is, say that your opponent uses a bomb effect similar to Black Rose Dragon, Judgment Dragon, etc. If you can Special Summon it with, say, something like Call of the Haunted, and your opponent destroys 6 of your cards, that's automatically a +3000, so you have a first turn 3500 Sheep, and that is if your opponent didn't destroy any Beast. This is essentially a win if the opponent has 0 means of having a monster stronger than the sheep. I mean, it's possible, I'm just not sure. Perhaps a allowing a Special Summon from the Deck could do.

It's actually pretty tricky to use.

I'm personally a fan of more flexibility of usage so there's 2 things I'd like to suggest:
Instead of "Cannot be Special Summoned", I'd advocate for it being able to be Special Summoned BUT "If Normal Summoned, it gains the following." so the correct usage would be the same regardless. Yeah the Special Summon would be as an effect-less blob that still cannot be Tributed for a Summon or used as material (though it can be Tributed as cost to activate effects and as part of an effect so stuff like "Enemy Controller" or any Ritual Spell are fair game).
Second, it's a FIRE monster soooo.... how about 200 DEF? This way, with the above suggestion you can now search it with "Flamvell Firedog" or revive it with "Rekindling". That is usually an Extra Deck engine (and an outdated one at that) but I like how Firedog is a Beast so it works out kinda. At least for getting it flowing through the deck more quickly and you can build a deck around it.

Regardless of if the above suggestions are taken into account, the card is actually still pretty slow on the build up. It's neat if you can take advantage of Scapegoat Tokens being beast Types so that you can turn a field nuke into 8 counters for this card, but x500 still nets you at 4000 to 4500 in that specific scenario. You could probably go the way of the "Artifact" engine where they are set as S/T and force your opponent to turn their effects into MSTs towards them, where they then proceed to self Summon and trigger something, but that's not like... as effective as it might sound.

I wanna bring attention to a card your idea reminded me of: "The Legendary Exodia Incarnate" <-- (link)
For no real reason, I just thought of this card....
Unaffected by anything, easy to put on the field, and can have up to 5000 ATK. Though it gets weaker every time it beats over something by moving an Exodia piece in the GY (the place where it gets ATK from it) to your hand (where more pieces in hand = more drawn cards you get when/if the opponent brings down this boss). It also inherently means beating over 5 monsters means you complete Exodia and win (Diffusion Wave-Motion finally useful for something, am I right? xD )

Your card strikes to me like having the same speed at winning that a "Final Countdown" would (AKA 20-ish turns) so not too fast. Threatening Roar and stuff like that is gonna come up pretty handy but I I think it is immune to your own Waboku xD

All in all, interesting card, and love the way the drawing turned out (but you knew that already xP ) It's in a weird line where I think it's too slow but also I'm not sure if I want it to grow faster. It DOES ultimately on top of everything still need to conduct a successful battle, but seeing how it is immune to mostly anything, it's not a real issue xD

8 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

It... could be? You see, the main reason for me to avoid the Special Summoning was to prevent easy buffing. What I mean is, say that your opponent uses a bomb effect similar to Black Rose Dragon, Judgment Dragon, etc. If you can Special Summon it with, say, something like Call of the Haunted, and your opponent destroys 6 of your cards, that's automatically a +3000, so you have a first turn 3500 Sheep, and that is if your opponent didn't destroy any Beast. This is essentially a win if the opponent has 0 means of having a monster stronger than the sheep. I mean, it's possible, I'm just not sure. Perhaps a allowing a Special Summon from the Deck could do.

Solution to this is rather easy:

"Cannot be Special summon by effect that activated in a Chain."

for the most part i agree with all the replies. especially with what Sleepy said about the overall speed needed to pump out the attack which is indeed rather slow with Sleepy point im mind along with immunities this card have  i don't think you need the self-destruct effect as it kinda redundant most of the time as you will keep it on attack anyway since the def is either 0 or 200 DEF on that same note you can also remove "only control 1" clause since the monster already cannot be cheated that easily and it actually cost more card that potentially brick the deck to pump the ATK of  2 or 3 Borrego Enojado

Cannot be Special Summoned by effects that activated in a Chain Link. Cannot be used as Tribute or material for a Summon. Unaffected by other card effects. This card cannot attack, unless it has 8000 ATK or more. If this card is able to attack, it can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, during your opponent’s Standby Phase: Place 1 Angry Counter on this card. Whenever card(s) you control is destroyed by opponent's card effect: place 1 Angry Counter for each of those card(s). additionally, place 1 Angry Counter for each Beast monster(s) that destroyed by that effect. Gains 500 ATK for each Angry Counter on this card.

Thanks a bunch, guys, I made some changes to the card!

So, first I kind of combined the "let the damn Borrego be Special Summoned" comments by adjusting the first clause. I think it's the first time I mess with Chain Links, so @Dr. Jolly Glot the III's comment was very helpful. I hope with the new wording it now can be Special Summoned normally while avoiding a nasty combo. I also took @Sleepy's comment into account, I just thought the new version was restrictive enough to let it conserve the effect even if it is not Normal Summoned, and also helps a little with the mentioned slowness of the card. Flamvell Dog SS monsters with 200 or less DEF, but since Rekindling requires the exact 200 points, I made that change as well.

I agree with what Sleepy said about "not being sure about wanting this card to be faster". After all, once it reaches a threshold of ATK, which as mentioned by @morrisoni4is relatively easy to achieve with Spirit Barrier + Scapegoat, it's very hard to get rid of.

As for what the Doc said, I removed the clause of only 1 Borrego on the field as suggested, but didn't remove the auto-destruction clause. Reason being the effect has no purpose except being there for flavour. This lilac ball of contained Anger won't be showing his ass to the opponent, no. He'll stay facing it, eye to eye, even if it costs him his life xD. That's what a real man Sheep is about xD. I also didn't replace the wording in the part that talks about getting the Angry Counters because that wording restrict the effect to cards destroyed by card effects. It's imperative the Borrego can gain angry counters when its allies are destroyed by battle. But again, thanks for the suggestions, doc.

Archived