Construct-A-Card Game

Tinkerer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

I've given a lot of lateral for this game already, but this is taking it a bit too far.

It sounds like it could be a fun game in its own right, but please stick to the directions for this one. Thanks!

Dang... I was just spicing up my prompts (i still left real criteria though). Pun unintended, but I didn't think I would make a monster! I'll just stick to interesting requirements.

7 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hidden in the Shadows

A name shall I sing

Filling you with sorrows

Only known by Puppets of string

I'm just going to assume that the prompt was this:
- Dark Attribute

- Has an effect when a certain type or attribute monster is on the field

- Lowers the ATK and DEF of an opponent monster

- Puppet theme

Marie Annette

[Lv. 4 | Dark]

Fiend/Effect

If you control any Fiend-Type monsters on the field, once per turn you can lower the ATK and DEF of any monster on the field. If a Fiend-Type monster, besides this one, would be destroyed by battle, destroy this monster instead.

ATK: 1800  DEF: 700

- Poem or poet themed

- The effect/flavor text must follow Iambic Pantameter

- Level 3

- Non-standard Attribute (i.e. not wind, earth, fire, water ,light, or dark)

spacer.png

D.D. Brigadier - W. Shocksphere (GRAVITY)
Level 3
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
Once per turn: You can Tribute or banish 1 monster you control; Special Summon from your Deck 1 "D.D. Stranded Soul". If this face-up card is banished; your opponent takes 500 damage. 

ATK/1500 DEF/500

Based on and name is (supposed to be) homophone of William Shakespeare

image borrowed from:
Artwork: Thomas Karlsson

Now back to some more "reasonable" prompts:

- Cards and Effects cannot be activated in response to its Effect and/or Summon.
- Ritual Monster
- Pendulum Monster
- The card name is a name of a song, but the song's name is NOT a person's name (Ex. "Billy Jean", ""Sweet Caroline", etc.)

Starman

Level 8          LIGHT

Psychic / Ritual / Pendulum / Effect

PE - Pendulum Effect: When this card is activated you can either: Add 1 "Starman Jr. or 1 "Great Starman" from your Deck to your hand OR: Immediately after this effect resolves, Ritual Summon 1 "Starman" monster from your hand or from face-up in your Extra Deck by banishing 1 Ritual Spell and a monster(s) in your GY with a total level that is equal or higher than the Ritual Monster. Once per turn: You can return 1 of your banished Psychic monsters to your GY, except monsters banished by this card's effect.

ME - You can Ritual Summon this card with a "Mother" Ritual Spell. Gain 300 ATK each time a Psychic monster in your possession is banished. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Psychic monster from your Deck or hand, and if you do, take damage equal to it's Level x 200, then you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Psychic monster from your GY. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation.

ATK 2500 / DEF 2300

Next:

* If Special Summoned, is added to the opponent's hand at the end of the turn

* If Normal Summoned, does (your call)

* If Flip Summoned, next Summon from your opponent is added to your hand at the end of the turn

* If flipped face-up, does (your call)

• 2 weeks later...

Turncoat Goblin (EARTH)
Level 3 
[ Warrior / Effect ]
If this card is Special Summoned; during the End Phase, this card is added to your opponent's hand.
If this card is Flip Summoned, the very next time your opponent Summons exactly 1 monster, that monster is added to your hand at the end of the turn (even if this card and/or that monster are no longer on the field).
If this card is Normal Summoned: You can tribute this card; your opponent must Tribute 1 monster they control. You can only use 1 "Turncoat" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
ATK/ 1500 DEF/1800

(i guess i wanted to make an homage to 'Blindly Loyal Goblin") 

Next: 
* If flipped face-up, does something
* Effect or ATK/DEF are stronger the more copies of it you have in the GY
* Can be used as a hand trap
* Is itself one or references an animal that dwells the North or South pole. 

Captain's Seal

[Lv. 3 | Dark]

Beast/Flip/Effect

Flip: Send cards from the top of your opponent's deck to the graveyard for every "Captain's Seal" in your graveyard plus one. When a Spell/Trap field activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; destroy that card on the field. You can only use this effect of "Captain's Seal" once per turn.

ATK: 300  DEF: 1200

* Same idea as Danger! cards, but a little different

* Gun theme

* Equip Spells boost it, but provide no additional effects

* Higher levels (9-5)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 1:15 AM, TheBlackCatter said:

* Same idea as Danger! cards, but a little different

* Gun theme

* Equip Spells boost it, but provide no additional effects

* Higher levels (9-5)

Man, this one is tricky. When you say boost, but no additional effect, means +ATK? And why the level range is 9-5 and not 5-9? Cats.... (jk lol)

Sniperoost Magnumavis

Level 8                    WIND

Winged-Beast / Effect

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire card, then you shuffle the chosen card into the Deck. Then, if the shuffled card was not "Sniperoost Magnumavis", Special Summon 1 "Sniperoost Magnumavis" from your hand, and if you do, you can send up to 2 Equip Spells from your Deck to the GY.  If this card is discarded: You can target 1 "Sniperoost" monster you control and 1 Equip Spell in your GY; equip the second target to the first target. Gains 600 ATK for each Equip Spell equipped to this card. You can only use each effect of "Sniperoost Magnumavis" once per turn.

ATK 2500 / DEF 2200

Next:

* Jigsaw Puzzle Theme 

* Continuous Spell

* Supports mobs that fit with each other (Jigsaw, remember)

* Has an effect that protects itself from leaving the field (with a cost)

Jigsaw Effect

Continuous spell

While you control 2+ monsters with the same attribute, those monsters can't be targeted or destroy by spell/traps. While you control 2+ monsters with the same type, those monsters can't be targeted or destroy by monster effects. If this faceup card would leave the field, you can banish one monster you control that doesn't share a type or attribute with any other monster you control instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Inspired by Saw the movie

-field spell

-the person with more LP is in control

- seems unassuming

Unassuming is a word bound to interpretation. Let's see if I get this right.I'll also play with the criterion "-the person with more LP is in control". It won't switch control, but as a Field Spell, the turn player will be able to "control" it's effect if they have more LP.

Kramer Nightmare Yard

Field Spell

Once per turn, during the Standby Phase: The turn player takes 1000 damage OR places 1 Lethal Counter on a face-up monster they control. A monster with a Lethal Counter on it cannot attack, has its effects negated and cannot change battle position or be used as Tribute or material for a Summon. During the End phase, monsters with Lethal Counters on them in the turn player's possession are destroyed, then the controller takes damage equal to the monster's ATK. Once per turn, during the Main Phase, if your LP is higher than your opponent's: You can randomly choose 1 card in your opponent's hand, then if the chosen card was a monster, Special Summon it ignoring its summoning conditions and place 1 Lethal Counter on that monster.

Next:

* Unaffected by LIGHT monster effects

* A formerly LIGHT official monster who was corrupted

* Can attack up to 3 times with a cost

* Gets angry (+ATK) each time the opponent performs a certain action (i.e. a summon, send cards to GY, etc, your call)

Dishonest

[Lv. 4 | Dark]

Fairy/Effect

A LIGHT monster's effects cannot affect this card. While this card is on the field, it gains 800 ATK every time your opponent Sets a monster. Once per turn this monster can attack three times in one Battle Phase, then send one Effect monster from your hand to the graveyard. If this monster is sent from the hand to the graveyard by a card effect, your opponent loses 1000 Life Points.

ATK: 1500  DEF: 1000

* Is a friend of Marshmellon (interpret however you want)

* Has the upper hand against DARK monsters

* Can be LIGHT or Fairy, but not both

* Light on effects and heavy on the ATK/DEF

Marshmallon's bro, not by blood, in the gang he is apart of. They portray themselves as evil but take on the darkness. (I'm assuming you meant Marshmallon because I couldn't find Marshmellon)

Bromallon

Level 8 FIRE

Fairy/Effect

2500/2800

(Is treated as "Marshmallon" on the field and GY)

Can be normal summoned without tribute if you control a "Marshmallon" card. If a "Marshmallon" battles a dark monster, all "Marshmallon" monsters gain ATK and DEF equal to the ATK and DEF of the dark monster.

Next:

* Tsundere

* Part of a fake gang

* likes books

* WATER attribute

15 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

(I'm assuming you meant Marshmallon because I couldn't find Marshmellon)

LOL, it seems I done goofed on that one. I always seem to get the name wrong with that one letter. Sorry...

Wizard Lily of the Waterloo Girls

[Lv. 4 | Water]

Spellcaster/Effect

If you activate a Spell or Trap with "Book" in its name, this monster gains a Spell Counter. Once per turn, flip a coin. If it is heads, then this monster cannot declare an attack this turn. If it is tails, the you can declare an attack this turn or activate this effect:

* Once per turn, you can destroy a card for each Spell Counter on this card.

ATK: 1500  DEF: 1000

(notes: I think that a group called "Waterloo Girls" sounded more like a friend group than a gang in my attempt to make it sound like a "Fake Gang". The Tsundere requirement was a bit tricky, but I think I managed the temperamental nature of the "stereotypical Tsundere" (bash me if you like, but I had nothing else to go on) with the coin flip mechanic. Can't get her to do anything unless you force her by card effect or let her decide for herself.)

* Play with the concept of a ditsy pixie (or a Dixie if you prefer)

* Can't be a LIGHT or DARK

* Has an effect based on chance

* The effect must be at least 4 sentences long.

Clumsy Ditzy Pixie - Mother Plopxie

Level 12                                                   WIND

Fairy / Synchro / Effect

1 Fairy Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters

If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 other Fairy monster you control; it cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. This card's effect and ATK cannot change by other card effects. This card cannot attack. When a Fairy monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can have this card lose ATK equal to the ATK of the monster that would destroy your Fairy monster instead. If this card's ATK becomes 0, banish this card. Once per turn: You can roll a six-sided die; this card gains ATK equal to the die roll x200.

ATK 8000 / DEF 2000

~~~~

Imagine a giant super chubby momma Pixie, all ditzy and loving, protecting other little Fairies. She can't attack, but has an humongous ATK that can be used up to protect others, and can be replenished by its own effect. I dunno, but I loved how this card turned out lol.

~~~~

Next

* Slime Girl theme

* Can create Token copies of herself.

* Weak, but Veeeery Hard to get rid of (and I mean very, something like "cannot be destroyed" won't do)

* Gets more powerful with WATER comrades

Sugar-Frosted Gyaru Slime (WATER)
Level 5
[Aqua/Tuner/Effect]
Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Tribute Summoned and each time your opponent Summons exactly 1 monster; you can Special Summon 1 "Slime Gyaru Slime" (Aqua/WATER/Level 5). "Slime Gyaru Tokens" you control always have the same ATK and DEF as this card. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each WATER monster you control. Cannot be targeted by attacks and effects and unaffected by other card effects while you control another WATER monster. You can control only 1 "Sugar-Frosted Gyaru Slime" at a time.
ATK/500 DEF/500

*wanted to post a full card with artwork, but all images i found on this subject/topic were a bit too much* xD

NEXT: 
- Gemini monster or gemini-support.
- Negates 'hand traps'.
- Has non-traditional (±Gemini) summoning requirement.
- Is some kind of combination between a fruit and an animal.

Miracle Fruitoucan

WIND

Winged Beast

Gemini

Level 7

ATK 2700/DEF 2400

Effect: You must Tribute 1 WIND monster and 1 Winged Beast monster to Tribute Summon this card. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it gain this effect:

• If your opponent would activate a card effect in the hand, you can make this card a Normal Monster, and if you do, negate that effect and banish that card face-down. Then, if this card was Tribute Summoned, you can pay half your LP to have this card treated as an Effect Monster with its effect.

Seems like I got all the effects in unless I worded the "hand trap" negate incorrectly. I made it so Tribute Summoning it got an extra benefit of being able to immediately gain its effect simply so it had something over the easy to do Special Summon version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-WIND Attribute

-Reorders the Deck

-Fairy type

-Interacts with Quick-Play Spells

Another Fairy? Kk

Alien Investigator - Lil' Starky

Level 3                                       WIND

Fairy / Tuner / Effect

You can activate Quick-Play Spells from your hand during your opponent's turn. Once per turn, you can either: Excavate the top 5 card of your Deck, then add 1 excavated Level 3 or lower monster to your hand and place the other cards on the bottom of your Deck in any order OR Look at the top 10 cards of your Deck, then place them all on the top or bottom of your Deck in any order.

ATK 1200 / DEF 1600

Next:

*Lamia Girl Theme (yes, another monster girl, lol)

* Can take control of opponent's mobs

* Negates activation of effects of cards in the same column

* Xyz Monster with a second summoning possibility (beyond the classic stack 2 Level X monsters)

Mythic Witch Of The Serpents, Lamia

WATER

Reptile

Rank 11

Materials: 3+ Level 11 Reptile monsters

ATK 4900/DEF 4700

Effect: You can also Xyz Summon this card using 1 Rank 3, 5, & 7 monster you control as materials. (Xyz Materials attached to those monsters also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Unaffected by card effects other than its own. Negate any other card effects that activate in this card's column. Once per turn, you can move this card to one of your unoccupied Main Monster Zones. (Quick Effect): Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 Reptile monster from your GY: take control of one of your opponent's monsters. You can only use this effect of "Mythic Witch of The Serpents, Lamia", once per turn, and only once that turn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Does something weird with the Extra Deck

-Interacts with Ritual Spells

-Special Summons itself from the Deck for a high cost that its effect doesn't really justify

-Is Level 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, or 11

Odd? Summoner

Level 2 Wind

Psychic/Effect/Tuner

This card on the field is treated as level 1 +2 times the number of ritual spells in your GY. This card can be summoned from your deck by sending 4 ritual spells from your deck to your GY during the turn this card is excavated by another card effect. This card cannot be used as material or tributed while you have exactly 4 ritual spells in your GY. When this card is summoned, your opponent can special summon a monster from their hand, deck, and GY, each with a level equal to or lower than the number of ritual spells in your GY; if they do they can attach a random monster from their extra deck to each card summoned this way with the effect "The equipped monster gains 1000 ATK. If your opponent activates a card effect (quick effect) you can return this card to the extra deck; negate that effect.", then you can add one ritual spell from your GY to your hand for each monster summoned this way.

Next:

- Even themed

- XYZ that is a tuner and treats its rank as a level for synchro summons

- Equips to opponent when it leaves the field

- Eloquent

Even? Dancer (dancers are eloquent right?)

[Rnk. 2 | Wind]

Psychic/Effect

2+ Level 2 monsters

This monster is treated as a tuner monster with a level equal to the number of monsters your opponent controls for the purpose of a Syncro Summon. Once per turn you may detach a material. If this monster has an even number count of materials, once per turn you can return a Level 4 or lower monster your opponent controls to your opponent's hand. If this card would be removed from your side of the field in any way, you can instead equip it to one of your opponent's monsters. The equipped monster cannot declare an attack, but it gains this effect: "This monster is treated as two tributes in the tribute summoning of a monster, as two materials in a Link summon, and as double its Level for Syncro, Ritual, and Xyz summons."

ATK: 1200  DEF: 1600

* We need a Fiend.

* It must be a LIGHT monster.

* Can dodge a ball, but not a bullet. (interpret as you like)

* The level cannot be higher than 6.

Dodge? Ball (LIGHT)
Level 6
[Fiend / Synchro / Effect ]
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuners
This card's Synchro Materials cannot include monsters of the same Level. This card cannot be destroyed by battle with or by a monster's effect, excluding monsters that cover any of the following criteria:

• The monster's Level / Rank / Link divided by 3 results in an integer.
  • The monster's ATK or/and DEF divided by 300 results in an integer.
  • The monster's ATK is at least 3 times higher than it's DEF or vice-versa (LINK monsters are not counted).

ATK/2400 DEF/2400

1. The word "Fish" is somewhere on the card (type, effect, name, etc).
  2. Prevents effect damage.
  3. Has an effect that is neither continuous nor has "once per turn" clause. 
  4. Includes some kind of innuendo or a spicy connotation.

Fish Curry (it's spicy :P)

Counter trap

When a effect is activated that would deal you effect damage, tribute one fish you control and take control of an opponent's monster with ATK less than the ATK of the tributed monster + the damage that would have been taken. If you would take effect damage while this card is in your GY, negate the damage and special summon a fish with less DEF then the damage you would have taken then gain LP equal to the original ATK or DEF (whichever is lower) of all fish monsters you control.

Next:

-Corporate theme

- The word "reptile" is everywhere on the card (type, effect, and name).

- level 10+ that can be normal summoned in alternative way

- Gemini

1 hour ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Fish Curry (it's spicy :P)

Counter trap

When a effect is activated that would deal you effect damage, tribute one fish you control and take control of an opponent's monster with ATK less than the ATK of the tributed monster + the damage that would have been taken. If you would take effect damage while this card is in your GY, negate the damage and special summon a fish with less DEF then the damage you would have taken then gain LP equal to the original ATK or DEF (whichever is lower) of all fish monsters you control.

Next:

-Corporate theme

- The word "reptile" is everywhere on the card (type, effect, and name).

- level 10+ that can be normal summoned in alternative way

- Gemini

Nuuuuuuuuu, I was halfway making the reply to Dramatic Crossroad's prompt T_T. Oh well, no can do

~~~~

CEO.thumb.jpg.9386e24c6f01bdcc070af0e0e6b9c380.jpg

There you go, Itsu, Reptile eveywhere

~~~~~

Next:

* Cosmos Attribute

* Can banish cards in your opponent's Extra Deck

* Serves as "Joker" to complete an Extra Link (as in, this is NOT a Link Mob, but if in the middle of Links, it is treated as pointing at them).

* Can banish cards in your GY as substitute of Tributing monster you control as cost, but this substitute has a hefty cost.

Sorry Rayfield, I love the card you made for my prompt though!

Crazy 8 (because 8 link arrows and 8 is wild in that game)

Level 8 COSMOS

Spellcaster/Effect

1600/3200

Can be special summoned by banishing the top 8 cards of your deck face down. This monster may be special summoned to an extra monster zone if summoned by its own effect. While a link monster points to this card, those link monsters and this card are treated as co-linked. Once per turn; banish cards from the top of your opponent's extra deck equal to the number of monsters co-linked to this card.

Next:

- Custom Type and Attribute

- adds extra monster zones

- is effected by the total number of cards in both players extra deck

- pendulum 

Voidling of the Collapsed World

NULL ***

Scale: 8<>8

Shadow/Pendulum/Effect

PE: When this card is activated: You can target 2 unoccupied Zones on the field (1 Main Monster Zone, and 1 Spell/Trap Zone); as long as this card remains face-up on the field, those zones are unusable. You can discard 1 card; this turn, you can Pendulum Summon Pendulum Monsters to unusable Main Monster Zones as though it were an Extra Monster Zone (the Zone is still treated as unusable to all other monsters).

ME: If you have more cards in your Extra Deck than your opponent: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card leaves the field: You can target 1 unoccupied Main Monster Zone; that Zone becomes unusable until the End Phase of the next turn. You can only use this effect of this card’s name once per turn.

0/1700

- Supports Tuners, but is not a Tuner

- Has an effect when sent from hand or Deck to GY (but not from field) 

- Has high or low stats for its Level/Rank/Link

- Has some kind of maintenance cost

@Tinkerer Curse you, I was trying to work out a way to make the "effected by number of cards in the Extra Deck" work, because I wanted to take it literally rather than as a grammar mistake. I was going to have it Summon itself automatically when the combined Extra Decks had a certain number of cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level Modulator

WIND

Machine

Level 10

ATK 1000/DEF 1000

Effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand by banishing Tuner monsters whose Levels equal 10 from your field or GY. During each of your Standby Phases, banish a Tuner monster from your hand, field, or GY. If you cannot, banish this card face-down. If this card is sent from your hand or Deck to the GY, add up to 5 Tuner monsters with different names from your GY to your hand. Up to thrice per turn (Quick Effect): Target 1 Tuner monster you control and declare a Level. That Tuner monster becomes that Level.

Wanted to make this a Synchro, but then it couldn't hit all 4 prompts. What I find funny is that the game specifically says use two, but we have all collectively decided to challenge ourselves to "All 4 conditions or die trying."

------------------------------------------

Next requirements:

-Ritual Monster

-Blocks Pendulum Zones fro being used

-Interacts with time-based cards like "Final Countdown" and "Swords of Revealing Light"

-WIND or EARTH Attribute

Archived