Construct-A-Card Game

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I thought of a slightly different game that would work well for this section.  It's actually pretty straightforward: One person lists 4 criteria of effects/stats/etc they want for the card.  The next person makes a card using at least 2 of those criteria, then they can replace the used ones with different ones.  If a person is able to use all 4 criteria, the person gets a like (ideally the next or the previous person should give the like).

3 other things to note:

1. Criteria cannot include: The Card's Name (we've got the Create a Card game for that) -or- "This card must support X archetype" (we've got the Support an Archetype game for that).
  2. You are allowed to post conflicting criteria (i.e. make a Normal monster + 3 other criteria that only works for effect monsters).  In the case of conflict, the next person can make a card using only 1 criterion.
  3. You are allowed to post custom types/Attributes as criteria, but you cannot post custom "Master Rule" mechanics.
  4. If 2+ weeks go by without an update, a person can do their own prompt to keep the game moving.

Game Example:
Person 1
Next:
- A FLIP monster
- Level/Rank/Link 5 or higher
- Must have a hand-destruction effect
- Must have a burn effect

Person 2
Ghoul of Dusk Destruction
DARK R5*
Zombie/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 5 monsters
When your opponent activates a monster effect, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each of this card's Xyz Materials.  If a monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can detach 1 material from this card instead.  When a card or effect is activated that targets this card (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card in your opponent's hand, attach it to this card as Xyz Material.
2100/2500

Next:
- A FLIP monster
- Can Special Summon itself from the GY
- Has an effect that supports an Attribute
- Has 2000+ DEF.

All good?  The first person can start off with the blue example prompt!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an interesting concept, you choose how much you want to "limit" yourself and then go along with it.
Not sure what rep is or if i should care about it,
so let's go with 2/4 (FLIP/Can Special Summon itself from the GY).

Oddflesh & Soul Anchor (DARK)
Level 3 [ Zombie / FLIP / Effect ]   ATK/1400 DEF/400
FLIP: Place 1 "Anchor Counter" on a face-up card you control (max.1). During the End Phase, if this card is in the GY, because it was destroyed this turn: you can remove 1 "Anchor Counter" from a card you control; Special Summon this card. During your Standby Phase: you can flip this card face-down. 

Next: 
- Has an effect that supports an Attribute
- Has 2000+ DEF.
- Can attack directly.
- Original ATK is determined by its effect.

"Rep" just means giving the post a like.  That's what it was called before and I'm just too used to saying it I guess. 😛

Sky Stalker
DARK 6*
Winged-Beast/Effect
If a Field Spell is face-up on the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly.  Cannot be targeted for attacks, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly.  If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can send 1 WIND monster from your Deck to the GY whose ATK is less than or equal to the damage inflicted, and if you do, increase this card's ATK by the sent monster's Level x 200.
1000/2400

Next:
- Original ATK is determined by its effect.
- Is a Spell/Trap card (or Pendulum monster)
- Has an effect that works during the Standby Phase.
- Is an Aqua monster.

Hey, this sounds like a lot of fun!

Aqua Monster? You called? xD

Strategist Mermaid

Level 4                  WATER

1<-  ->1

Aqua / Pendulum / Effect

PE - Twice, while this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You can send 1 card with "Umi" listed in its card text from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, decrease the Level of all WATER monsters in your hand and field by 1 until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Strategist Mermaid" once per turn.

ME - The original ATK of this card becomes 300 x the number of cards you control or in your GY that have "Umi" listed in their card text. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, and if you do, you can draw 1 card if among the excavated cards was a Fish, Aqua or Sea Serpent monster, also shuffle the excavated cards into the Deck. If an "Umi" you control would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect: You can place this card in an unused Pendulum Zone instead.

ATK ? / DEF 1500

Next:

*It has Level 7+

*Special Summons itself from (your call) if both GYs have an odd number of cards

*It is treated as more than one type

*It gains 2 possible effects depending the type of other monsters you control

Nature's Reckoning

Light

Fairy/Effect

Lv7

2800/2300

(This card is always treated as an Aqua/Pyro/Rock/Thunder monster.)

Can only be Normal Summoned by Tributing 2 or more EARTH, FIRE, WATER or WIND monsters (each with a different Attribute). Cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. While you control no monsters, You can Special Summon this card from your Deck while the total number of cards in both players' GY equals an odd number.

If you control another face-up monster(s) of the following types, this card gains the appropiate effect:

• Aqua: When this card is targeted for an attack; reduce the ATK of the attacking monster by half.

• Pyro: When this card destroys a monster by battle; inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's Level/Rank/Link x300.

• Rock: If a monster is place in face-down Defense Position; destroy it.

• Thunder: When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s); its ATK is reduced by 1000. If that monster's ATK would be reduced to 0 as a result of this effect, destroy it.

- Must be a Fusion

- Must be Lv8+

- Must be able to SS itself from the GY

- Must have 3 different types as materials

Ooh! This looks like fun! 😄

Performapal Triple Fun Dragon

Fusion 

Level 9

3+ “Performapal” monsters. This card gains 100 ATK for each “Performapal” Effect Monster & “Magician” and “Odd-Eyes” Pendulum in both Players’ GYs. If this card is in your GY when you Pendulum Summon a monster, destroy that monster & 2 Pendulums in your Pendulum Zones to Special Summon this monster. You can only activate each effect of “Performapal Triple Fun Dragon” once per turn.

NEXT:
-Must have “Red-Eyes” in its name

-Must be a Synchro

-Must revive “Red-Eyes” monsters

-Must be 8+ levels

4 hours ago, Gradget Gaming091 said:

Fusion 

Level 9

3+ “Performapal” monsters. This card gains 100 ATK for each “Performapal” Effect Monster & “Magician” and “Odd-Eyes” Pendulum in both Players’ GYs. If this card is in your GY when you Pendulum Summon a monster, destroy that monster & 2 Pendulums in your Pendulum Zones to Special Summon this monster. You can only activate each effect of “Performapal Triple Fun Dragon” once per turn.

NEXT:

-Must be a Synchro

-Must be 8+ levels

Sorry, I'm gonna have to bypass this one unless you edit a few things.

1. Your fusion doesn't specifically use materials with different types so you did not fulfill that condition.  If you want to fulfill it, you should probably say "3 "Performapal" monsters with different types".
  2. Your conditions for the next person breaks rule 1.  I said the conditions CANNOT include the card's name and it CANNOT specifically support a archetype.  There are other games better suited for doing those.

I'll give ya a 10 hour window from now to change up your card/conditions otherwise we'll just skip over yours and use the prompt that Horu left.

5 hours ago, Gradget Gaming091 said:

Fusion 

Level 9

NEXT:

-Must be a Synchro

-Must be 8+ levels

You missed the monster type, attribute, ATK/DEF. You failed at the 3 separate type materials (I included this because most archetypes generally stick to a single type and Performapals are almost completely Beast monsters if I'm not mistaken). So congrats on the Fusion, Level and SS condition. Feel free to change those. However the condition of 3 different types will stick since you failed to meet it.

So @Mr Melon, with your permission, if he doesn't change this by the end of the 10hr window, may I use the conditional prompts he set forth?

5 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

You missed the monster type, attribute, ATK/DEF. You failed at the 3 separate type materials (I included this because most archetypes generally stick to a single type and Performapals are almost completely Beast monsters if I'm not mistaken). So congrats on the Fusion, Level and SS condition. Feel free to change those. However the condition of 3 different types will stick since you failed to meet it.

So @Mr Melon, with your permission, if he doesn't change this by the end of the 10hr window, may I use the conditional prompts he set forth?

If you want to, sure thing.

Red-Eyes Necromancer Knight

Dark

Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect

Lv10

2400/2000

1 "Red-Eyes" Tuner monster + 1 non-Tuner Warrior monster + 1 non-Tuner Spellcaster monster

Once per turn, during your opponent's Battle Phase: Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes" monster from either player's GY and Equip it to this card; This card gains ATK/DEF equal to the ATK/DEF of the monster equipped to it. While a "Red-Eyes" monster is equipped to this card, it cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card would be removed from the field as the result of a card effect: Banish a "Red-Eyes" monster equipped to it instead.

- Must be a Link 2

- Must be a Warrior

- Must inflict piercing damage

- Must SS from GY

I don't know much about Link monsters or which arrows are good, so here goes nothing....

Renewal Knight

Earth

Warrior/Link/Effect

Link 2

Upper Left and Upper Right Arrows

1900 ATK

2+ Monsters

If this card is Link Summoned: target one monster you control, it gains 600 ATK until the end of this turn. If this card battles an opponent's defense position monster: inflict piercing damage. Once per turn, if this card is in you GY and your opponent Summons a monster: Special Summon this card, but it cannot attack this turn.

Next: 

-Machine-Type Monster

-Ritual Monster

-Must have an effect that benefits from/ searches Equip Spells

-Must be Level 6+

Imma snatch 3/4 of these 🙂 

Assemblance Default (EARTH)
Level 4    ATK/1950 DEF/1250
[ Machine / Ritual / Effect ]

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Blueprint" Ritual Spell. Once per turn: you can shuffle 1 "Blueprint" Ritual Spell from your hand to the Deck; add 1 "Assemblance" Equip Spell from your GY or currently banished to your hand. Any monster destroyed by battle with this card has its effects negated while in the GY and cannot be Special Summoned from the GY as long as this card or an "Assemblance" Ritual Monster Summoned using this card as Tribute remains on the field.

NEXT:
- Must be Level 6+
- Cannot be Normal Summoned.
- Has mismatched Type and Attribute.
- Allows player to skip phases as cost.

Draw Dragonoid
LIGHT ****
Dragon/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.  At the start of your Draw Phase (Quick Effect): You can skip the rest of your Draw Phase; Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card.  If you draw a card(s): You can target 1 monster you control; it gains 400 ATK until the End Phase of the next turn.
2000/1000

Next:

- Must be Level 6+

- Has mismatched Type and Attribute

- Must be a Spell/Trap

- Has an effect that affects cards in the GY

Alrighty. I'm not quite sure I get what mismatched Type and Attribute means... (perhaps no FIRE + Pyro as an example?) I'll still give it a go.

Stealthimal Muddodo 

Continuous Trap

Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Winged-Beast/EARTH/Level 7/ATK 2000/DEF 500). (This card is also still a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, monsters in your GY with an ATK equal or lower than this card cannot be banished or have their effects negated by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can activate 1 "Stealthimal" Trap Card, except "Stealthimal Muddodo", during the turn it was Set.

Next:

*It's an Union Monster

*It has a coin toss effect

*It prevents your foe to doing something while equipped to another monster

*It's DEF has an use other than for battle purposes

Edit: Question for Mr. Melon. Can we use invented Types or Attributes in this game? I imagine no, but it'd be fun ( n.n )

44 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Edit: Question for Mr. Melon. Can we use invented Types or Attributes in this game? I imagine no, but it'd be fun ( n.n )

That could be kinda fun...

Well, the rules leave that decision to me so I'll allow it as long as people don't go overboard with it.  I'll update the OP with the change.

I think I will only use two of those this time, as I don't have enough confidence that I can make a union monster work

Fortified Castle Walls

EARTH

Level 11

Rock/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner+ 2 or more non-Tuner monsters

This card cannot attack. Your opponent cannot activate the effects of monsters whose ATK or DEF (whichever is higher) is less than this card's DEF. Once per turn, flip a coin and apply the following effect based on the result:

• Heads: This card gains 1000 DEF, until the end of this turn.
  • Tails: This card loses 1000 DEF, until the end of this turn.

ATK/0 DEF/3500

The effect of preventing monsters from activating their effects (even from the hand, assuming I worded it correctly) can be overpowered, so I tried to balance it through (perhaps too many) restrictions.

NEXT:

-Union Monster

-Must prevent your foe from doing something while equipped to another monster

-Must be level 3

-Must be able to attack more than once, but not directly

Gadget minigun

Fire

Machine/Union

Lv3

1000/700

You can equip this card to a "Gadget" monster: That monster gains 1000 ATK.

As long as your opponent controls a monster: The equipped "Gadget" monster can declare an additional attack.

If the equipped monster would be destroyed by or battle or card effect: Destroy this card instead.

- Must be Level 4

- Must be a Pendulum

- Must have a hard OPT effect

- Must have a GY effect

Striped Scavenger Vultunair

Level 4                              WIND

Winged Beast / Pendulum / Effect

<-3        3->

PE: Gain 500 LP each time an "Scavenger" monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle or card effect. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: If you didn't destroy a monster during your previous turn, decrease this card's Pendulum Scales by 1.

ME: Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in your GY with an DEF lower than this card's ATK; banish it, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the banished monster in the GY. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 "Scavenger" monster from your hand, then you can target 1 monster in your opponent's GY with a DEF lower than that Special Summoned monster's ATK, and if you do, banish it, face-down. You can only use this effect of "Striped Scavenger Vultunair" once per turn.

ATK 1800 / DEF 1000

*** I hope this is alright. The "Must have a GY effect" criterion is a bit ambiguous. I feel like anything that involves the GY can apply, but perhaps Horu intended for the monster to have an effect that activates while it's in the GY.

Next

- Must be a Synchro Monster

- Cannot be Synchro Summoned

- It is Atomic-Type

- It has a "revealing" effect

@Lystern, friend, Atomic is just an invented type. I asked the OP of this game if it was ok to use custom Attributes or Types, and he said it's fine as long as they makes sense. So yeah, anything related to atomic particles is ok. Also, you're not obliged to use all the criteria in the prompt, so if you don't like one criterion, you can skip it and include it in your own Next-Prompt. The idea is no participate and have fun, so don't worry too much about it, but if you can use all criteria, much better (n.n)

I guess i will now snatch all 4 and see what can be done 🙂 

Omniscient Nucleon - Iridium Blue (LIGHT)
Level 9 
[ Atomic / Synchro / Effect ]
Cannot be Synchro Summoned. Must first be Special Summoned by banishing face-up 1 Atomic(Type) Tuner and 1 Level 9 or higher non-Atomic monster from your side of the field. Apply the following effects depending on the original (printed) Level of the non-Atomic monster banished to Summon this card as long as this card is face-up: 
- Level 9 or higher: at the start your Draw Phases, before you draw, you can reveal the top card of your Deck; send it to the top or bottom of your Deck. 
- Level 10 or higher: if you control no other monster, your opponent must play with their hand revealed.
- Level 11 or higher: you can look at face-down cards on either side of the field.
ATK / 3150 DEF/3150

NEW:
- Can attack while in Defense Position.
- Can redirect/retarget attacks.
- Utilizes some kind of Counters (create or use as cost)
- Has a funny/pun card name.

Nincompup, the Ninny Ninja Canin-e

EARTH                          Level ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Beast / Effect

When your opponent declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then change the attack target to this card, also, for the rest of this turn, your opponent can only target this card for attacks. This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If a "Ninja" monster you control inflicts Battle Damage, place a Ninpo Counter on any "Ninja" monster you control. You can remove 3 Ninja Counters from anywhere on the field; Set 2 "Ninjutsu Art" Spell/Traps directly from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Nincompup, the Ninny Ninja Canin-e" once per turn.

ATK 1000 / DEF 2800

Next

* PLASMA-Attribute

* Converts effect damage into something else

* Gets along well with Psychics

* Has a way of Special Summoning itself (aka reviving) from GY.

Iridescent Channeler
PLASMA
Cyberse/Effect
Level 4 - 1600/1400

(This card is also Psychic.)
Once per turn, if you would take effect damage: You can Special Summon this card from GY, then gain LP equal to effect damage instead. During either player's turn, if you gained 1500 LP or more(Quick Effect): Special Summon 1 Psychic monster from among your banished cards.

Next:
- LIGHT Attribute.
- Overpowered as hell, but heavily handicapped as well.
- Protects certain types.(up to you)
- Really simple name.

Archived