Discussion: Keeping the site intact

cr47t

I don't use Duelingbook but I've heard they have a more updated card maker. From what I can tell this can (or is, or has) really hurt the community here along with other things, so I thought I'd start a thread for users and mods and admins and all that jazz to brainstorm ways to keep the site relevant. I know that this community is special to quite a few people so I'm looking for ways to keep it alive.

@(GigaDrillBreaker)Eh, I can't say I really agree with that idea.  YCMaker wasn't truly responsible for making the community was he?  He made this site itself, but it's basically a "platform"; it really is our responsibility to do things if we want to keep site relevant.

As for what to do?  Hmm... well, that's a tougher question, isn't it?

It really depends on what people want coming here.  If they are coming for the card maker, we can't honestly expect them to stick around if they find a better/more robust card maker with duelingbook.  At that point, it truly is YCMaker's problem.  However, if people want to come here to ask questions & share their creations, we need to be welcoming to them/respond promptly, etc.  On top of that, they may be more willing to post things if they feel like there is a community here to contact - i.e. we simply need to just post/have content.

He's talking about expansion, using one of multiple superior card makers to point out things that could pull people away.

I don't think a card maker that has received an update in the last 8 years is asking too much of someone who makes so much money off this site.

As for allowing the site to be a good place for CaC, it might be useful for the singular mod to perform some cleanup, or for ycmaker or flame to bring someone else on. I know people say this site self-moderates, but there is nothing done about the numerous posts in the wrong sections, not to mention outright spam.

17 hours ago, (GigaDrillBreaker) said:

He's talking about expansion, using one of multiple superior card makers to point out things that could pull people away.

I don't think a card maker that has received an update in the last 8 years is asking too much of someone who makes so much money off this site.

As for allowing the site to be a good place for CaC, it might be useful for the singular mod to perform some cleanup, or for ycmaker or flame to bring someone else on. I know people say this site self-moderates, but there is nothing done about the numerous posts in the wrong sections, not to mention outright spam.

Dunno what really to do at this pt

Not having mods that can help really sucks 😞

While DB has a card maker, it also has a really toxic community.

Our card maker might not be up to date at the moment, but as far as custom card creation goes, we have one of the most welcoming and helpful communities around.

We as a community should be able to explain that the admin is rewriting the card maker and they can post their ideas in the forums so they aren't lost.

@YCMaker the only moderator of this site hasn't been on in a week and reported posts are left untouched.

If you want this site to thrive, I recommend you perform some of these duties yourself, or at least appoint someone who can. Find someone who doesn't like me, then they will be a true blue YCM mod.

Archived