[OCG] January 1st, 2021 Limit Regulations

IT’S BACK!

ERRATUM

image0.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Firewall Dragon
Link 4 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 2500
Materials: 2+ monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) Once while face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can target monsters on the field and/or GY up to the number of monsters co-linked to this card; return them to the hand.
(2) If a monster this card points to is destroyed by battle or sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your hand.

Changes are in bolded text.

FORBIDDEN

Grinder Golem

LIMITED

Red Reboot
Nadir Servant
Dinowrestler Pankratops
Firewall Dragon

SEMI LIMITED

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Wind-Up Magician
Junk Speeder
Magical Meltdown
Cursed Eldland

UNLIMITED

Fossil Dig
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Dark Grepher

JUSTIFICATIONS

image0-1.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Grinder Golem was Forbidden due to its previous history with Akashic Magician and Firewall Dragon. With Firewall Dragon, it can be looped (albeit slower) to create intensely strong fields for little to no cost.

If the Firewall errata is posted in the TCG, is there a need to have it posted in this thread as well? Probs not imo.

The justification for them banning Grinder Golem is laughable given TCG banned Grinder Golem ages ago.

With the hit on Nadir Servant, I suppose it’ll likely be a matter of time before TCG follows suit, question mark?

Pank’s hit makes sense as we have it @1 as well.

2 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

If the Firewall errata is posted in the TCG, is there a need to have it posted in this thread as well? Probs not imo.

ah my bad, my earlier thoughts that the other thread meant to focus more on the firewall itself instead of here where we can focus more on the list

@The Nyx Avatar maybe you could lock the other thread as you see fit?

I'd also like to point out that the article had been edited to include the other justifications:

image0-2.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Pankratops was hit for too many high Level monsters being able to be summoned easily together, and Alpha is has more restrictions involved.

image0-3.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Nadir Servant is a key card for the expansion and strategy of Dogmatika. Multiple copies makes Dogmatika extremely powerful, thus it’s been limited to bottleneck that power and utility.

image0-4.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Too strong due to being able to activate from the hand. It heavily punishes “Eldlich” and other Decks that rely on a large number of Traps. Hope is with it being throttled, players will be more encouraged to play Trap Cards.

image0-5.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Cursed Eldland allows “Eldlich” Decks to easily add cards every turn. It’s hoped by Semi-Limiting it, the Deck will be bottlenecked somewhat.

image0-6.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Magical Meltdown synergizes with “Dogmatika” too much. You can easily add Aleister the Invoker. By Semi-Limiting it, it is hoped that the Deck will be bottlenecked somewhat in terms of power.

image0-7.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

It placing DARKs in the Graveyard is expected to not be too much trouble in the current metagame enviornment.

image0-8.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

It’s expected with the current metagame enviornment, she shouldn’t be a real issue.

Anything else moved up is “It’s okay, right?”

19 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

@The Nyx Avatar maybe you could lock the other thread as you see fit?

OR you could do what the Org did and remove the errata from this thread (like they did from the banlist article and made a separate article on the errata) and keep the TCG thread.

8 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

I'd also like to point out that the article had been edited to include the other justifications:

image0-2.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Pankratops was hit for too many high Level monsters being able to be summoned easily together, and Alpha is has more restrictions involved.

image0-3.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Nadir Servant is a key card for the expansion and strategy of Dogmatika. Multiple copies makes Dogmatika extremely powerful, thus it’s been limited to bottleneck that power and utility.

image0-4.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Too strong due to being able to activate from the hand. It heavily punishes “Eldlich” and other Decks that rely on a large number of Traps. Hope is with it being throttled, players will be more encouraged to play Trap Cards.

image0-5.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Cursed Eldland allows “Eldlich” Decks to easily add cards every turn. It’s hoped by Semi-Limiting it, the Deck will be bottlenecked somewhat.

image0-6.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

Magical Meltdown synergizes with “Dogmatika” too much. You can easily add Aleister the Invoker. By Semi-Limiting it, it is hoped that the Deck will be bottlenecked somewhat in terms of power.

image0-7.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

It placing DARKs in the Graveyard is expected to not be too much trouble in the current metagame enviornment.

image0-8.jpg?resize=300%2C139&ssl=1

It’s expected with the current metagame enviornment, she shouldn’t be a real issue.

Anything else moved up is “It’s okay, right?”

OR you could do what the Org did and remove the errata from this thread (like they did from the banlist article and made a separate article on the errata) and keep the TCG thread.

I'll leave that up to @Dokutah Jolly. If he'd rather do that, then I'll happily unlock the other thread.

Oh, so this is why the other thread was locked. I dunno, both threads have value. Having the errata in both isn't causing any harm (and without it here there isn't really context on why Firewall was unbanned). The other thread should be good for specifically talking about Firewall tho.

On topic, OK list. It looks like minor tweaks rather than anything super big. The Nadir Servant limitation is likely to have more of an impact than Firewall coming back.

17 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I'll leave that up to @Dokutah Jolly. If he'd rather do that, then I'll happily unlock the other thread.

to be fair, HE @'d you and when I quoted that post, I was addressing him not you. Also I don't think the thread in TCG should've been locked as it has value, like this has value in terms of banlist.

6 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Oh, so this is why the other thread was locked. I dunno, both threads have value. Having the errata in both isn't causing any harm (and without it here there isn't really context on why Firewall was unbanned). The other thread should be good for specifically talking about Firewall tho.

I agree, the thread lock in TCG wasn't necessary (and this thread could have a link to the errata thread/article for context), and as for the errata being here, the OP cp'd the contents of the Org article before it was edited, hence my post including the the other justifications, and that article no longer has the errata embedded inside.

Archived